Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Only bet on kerry game, despite the weather, going with over 33.5 Evens

Edit 32! Should have come in if Tyrone took another of their goal chances!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

FatRat wrote: »
    2 standout bets for the game on Sunday for me. Bets which really don't need an awful lot of explaining but I'll give my reasoning anyway:

Kerry subs over 2.5 points @evens with PP

Ok so Kerry have decided to bench their 3 top scorers for the game on Sunday in a typically odd Kerry move. Paul Geaney (2-8), Bryan Sheehan (0-14) and Barry John Keane (2-7). Also on the bench is Darran O'Sullivan who hit 2-1 against Kildare with 18 mins of game-time. The idea here is mainly that Fitzmaurice likes to use his subs before the hour mark in games, so we can probably expect 15+ minutes out of either all 4 of these lads or maybe 3/4 them. Worst case scenario, we have 3 of these guys on the pitch for 10-15 minutes, and with their scoring abilities I don't see how they won't kick 3+ points within that time. People might be apprehensive due to Tyrone's defence being solid but if you take a look back at how many points they were conceding towards the end of the game against Monaghan, you'll probably accept that it'll be the same story this time around. Another few brief reasons to back up this selection is Fitzmaurice's lack of tolerance for poor performances (especially in the forwards). If Buckley, O'Brien or Donaghy aren't working out in the first half, it wouldn't surprise me to see very early changes. Also, if Bryan Sheehan comes on, he'll be on frees and if he comes on early enough we can pretty much guarantee this bet to be a winner with his free-taking alone. Even furthermore, we can't forget about Tommy Walsh and Paul Galvin who are also on the bench. AND the fact that JO'D has a dodgy shoulder and may well not last the full 70. Writing all of this down makes me even more confident that this bet is unbelievable value at evens.

Easy enough! Should've come in earlier than the 68th minute though. Paul Geaney sorted it himself, with BJ Keane adding in an extra. That's 1/2 bets that came in but I highly doubt Cooper will merit the MOTM award. But you'd never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    I like look of the Kerry subs to score over 2.5 points at Evens with Paddy. with the likes of Sheehan, Geaney, BJ Keane, Darran O Sullivan possible introductions, this looks a nice price.

Never in doubt :pac:

Now for Donnachadh Walsh to be given MOTM and it will be an all round good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Also big thanks to whoever brought the Kerry e/w bet on betvictor to my attention last month! I got 200 on it and Im now either guaranteed my money back or else in for a big payday come 4 weeks time. It was always a fantastic spot even if Kerry had lost today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

pablo24 wrote: »
    I see Ballyroan are 10/1 for the county outright while the Heath are 16/1,
    Then The Heath are made 8/13 favs for this particular game?

is there any particular reason why this is can you think of?

I presume the same person is compiling odds for the Laois outrights as the individual games?

I like your confidence and the price but that just seems a slight concern for me maybe?

on Cork, the more I think of it, newtown look nailed on, 4/7 with Boyles, 8/15 with PP, should be 1/3 at least imo

They will win

Sorry, only seeing your post now. That double I posted came up fairly easily and I also did a small bet on your treble. Great call. I'll be keeping an eye out for more from you!
    Can't explain those overall odds for the Laois SFC. Ballyroan should be 100-1 not 10-1!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Sorry, only seeing your post now. That double I posted came up fairly easily and I also did a small bet on your treble. Great call. I'll be keeping an eye out for more from you!
    Can't explain those overall odds for the Laois SFC. Ballyroan should be 100-1 not 10-1!!!

Yeah all 5 landed lovely, I did a 5 fold myself after looking into your pics a bit closer, great call out of you and nice prices!!

Crettyard trying to leak as many goals as possible was worrying me but no sweat in the end!! ha ha

Yeah, the championship gaa betting is very lucrative, Ive a small fortune made since may on it myself, keep up the good work anyway, there are a few more cork games next week so I may have a few more winners for you then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 the paper boy

Does anyone know who won man of the match in the Kerry Tyrone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Johnny Buckley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

RTE - Buckley
    Sky - D Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 4 the paper boy

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

on Cork, the more I think of it, newtown look nailed on, 4/7 with Boyles, 8/15 with PP, should be 1/3 at least imo

They will win

Had Newtown in a bet myself, sound for the confidence booster. Won by 10 points. Nice 4/7 shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

shmeee wrote: »
    Had Newtown in a bet myself, sound for the confidence booster. Won by 10 points. Nice 4/7 shot.

I know it's all the one because they won, but they won by 5 points.

I know it's all the one because they won, but they won by 5 points.

Yeah I was gonna say the same but hardly a point as they won as handily as could be, I was at the game, was waiting on newtown for a tidy 4 figure sum and didnt so much as sweat a bead from start to finish, They were in full control throughout, hit some very bad wides and won at their ease.

a value bet at 8/1 each way for the county potentially, they will beat the glen as long as ryan cliffords injury he sustained last weekend isnt too bad (if they are full strength really) and will give either douglas or midleton plenty in the semi (most likely douglas at this stage) I'd say.

are ye from cork schmee and mountainlad?

any early fancies for the coming weekend?

tonights game between ballyhea and imokilly is one Id stay away from myself anyway

From Waterford, hurling club championship resumes this weekend. Have a bet in mind already, I'll have a look at the prices when they're up.

From Waterford, hurling club championship resumes this weekend. Have a bet in mind already, I'll have a look at the prices when they're up.

Lovely, I've one myself but must double an treble check all angles first, keep us informed

Yeah I was gonna say the same but hardly a point as they won as handily as could be, I was at the game, was waiting on newtown for a tidy 4 figure sum and didnt so much as sweat a bead from start to finish, They were in full control throughout, hit some very bad wides and won at their ease.

a value bet at 8/1 each way for the county potentially, they will beat the glen as long as ryan cliffords injury he sustained last weekend isnt too bad (if they are full strength really) and will give either douglas or midleton plenty in the semi (most likely douglas at this stage) I'd say.

are ye from cork schmee and mountainlad?

any early fancies for the coming weekend?

tonights game between ballyhea and imokilly is one Id stay away from myself anyway

Saw odds of 11/1 in store in paddys today for Newtown with today's date on the screen, right good value each way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

I saw Limerick own Galway in Thurles last weekend. Their hunger and controlled agression was so impressive. However, I know nothing about Wexford. Treaty are 8/13 on Betfair. Could anyone help me with some background on Wexford U21's?
    Also on another point, are Mayo footballers not very highly priced at 4's? Maybe they're not as good as I have been thinking.
    Thanks.

Wexford96 wrote: »
    I saw Limerick own Galway in Thurles last weekend. Their hunger and controlled agression was so impressive. However, I know nothing about Wexford. Treaty are 8/13 on Betfair. Could anyone help me with some background on Wexford U21's?
    Also on another point, are Mayo footballers not very highly priced at 4's? Maybe they're not as good as I have been thinking.
    Thanks.

Is your name not Wexford96 you should know surely?? Ha ha

Only joking with you, I saw em v Offaly I think 'twas and was far from impressed, fancy Limerick myself also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

Is your name not Wexford96 you should know surely?? Ha ha

Only joking with you, I saw em v Offaly I think 'twas and was far from impressed, fancy Limerick myself also
    Not a wexfordman-just liked that team in 96. I presume Wex have beaten Dub and KK along the way to final?

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Not a wexfordman-just liked that team in 96. I presume Wex have beaten Dub and KK along the way to final?

They beat Kilkenny by 18 points in the final and were highly impressive. They're a good team though they didn't show their best against Antrim.

Limerick are very young still but they are battle hardened and have been impressive after every test. Think the bookies have it about right on this one.

• Advertisement

Anyone on here Know anything about Fermoy and Glenville in the Cork Intermediate Football Championship the weekend?

Fermoy are 1/2 and I'm told they are a good thing, should be up premier intermediate and gone from the hurling so are focused on the football now??

I think I may have a very nice accum to hit, I've a few other ones in mind for it in the hurling myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think Mayo 15/8 is big, its closer to 50/50. They beat a good Donegal side comfortably while Dublin have been playing fodder, its harder to know exactly where Dublin are at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Everybody seems to be tipping Mayo which is why I've put a decent wedge on Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

keane2097 wrote: »
    Everybody seems to be tipping Mayo which is why I've put a decent wedge on Dublin.

One advantage is that there's not much tall of Dublin coming in to this. Could still see us getting caught like in 2012, now we're a much better side now but so are Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

One advantage is that there's not much tall of Dublin coming in to this. Could still see us getting caught like in 2012, now we're a much better side now but so are Mayo.

The Dubs haven't fired this year apart from destroying Longford and Kildare. They will be motivated by the fact that they know they have more in them and simply put, they will be beaten if the reproduce the Fermanagh performance. I think Dublin come through in a high scoring game. I'll back them -1 @ 5/6 in places but also take the over on the points market and maybe over 3.5 goals depending on the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

keane2097 wrote: »

I think the draw is a good bet in this game, gonna have a cut at it over the weekend. Two teams look really well matched on paper for me, shouldn't be anything in it and I am expecting a really good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Saw odds of 11/1 in store in paddys today for Newtown with today's date on the screen, right good value each way

Conor Lehane out for the quarter final and a potential semi final, Midelton would hardly have enough to win the county without him.

The bet I was looking at is a surprisingly poor price. So I'll have another look, two others might be of interest.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Conor Lehane out for the quarter final and a potential semi final, Midelton would hardly have enough to win the county without him.

Yeah I said Newtown as in newtownshandrum?

Douglas same (11/1) as of yest, one of the two will make the final, Douglas will beat midleton!

Any fancies in the club games the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Yeah I said Newtown as in newtownshandrum?

Douglas same (11/1) as of yest, one of the two will make the final, Douglas will beat midleton!

Any fancies in the club games the weekend?

No, nothing going on in Tipp this weekend hurling wise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement