Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

The bet I was looking at is a surprisingly poor price. So I'll have another look, two others might be of interest.

What is your opinion on the mt sion vs passage game. I have a strong fancy for one team but i want to see your opinion first.

I thought lismore would of surley be outsiders considering their form so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    What is your opinion on the mt sion vs passage game. I have a strong fancy for one team but i want to see your opinion first.

Yeah and it was narrow between them last year. Billy Nolan is out and undoubtedly a big loss for Roanmore. I just worry about Maurice Shanahans form, he has ripped up the championship since about the age of 21. And he's better now than ever, dunno who Roanmore could mark him with. I fully expected them to go down last year, and I respect their progress but couldn't back them personally yet. But their form is way way better than Lismores for sure.

That would be one I'm thinking of, I fancy Passage. They look right back to 2013 levels, where the only game they lost was a dead rubber to Ballygunner. Hammered them in the Sargent cup final.

Thought Sion would be strong with Ken in charge, but just think they lack a bit in the forwards. Isn't Aussie suspended as well? Literally just thought of that now. Christ, all aboard the Passage train.

Now, nobody back it till I have money down ;)

I see Powers copped as well, into 5/6 from evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Yeah and it was narrow between them last year. Billy Nolan is out and undoubtedly a big loss for Roanmore. I just worry about Maurice Shanahans form, he has ripped up the championship since about the age of 21. And he's better now than ever, dunno who Roanmore could mark him with. I fully expected them to go down last year, and I respect their progress but couldn't back them personally yet. But their form is way way better than Lismores for sure.

That would be one I'm thinking of, I fancy Passage. They look right back to 2013 levels, where the only game they lost was a dead rubber to Ballygunner. Hammered them in the Sargent cup final.

Thought Sion would be strong with Ken in charge, but just think they lack a bit in the forwards. Isn't Aussie suspended as well? Literally just thought of that now. Christ, all aboard the Passage train.

Now, nobody back it till I have money down ;)

I see Powers copped as well, into 5/6 from evens.

Would I be right in saying that passage don't actually need a win while mount sion do??

would this not bear an impact on proceedings??

were passage the team you fancied too??

I see they are gone 8/11 now but the fact they dont have to win an mount sion do, worries me as a betting proposition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Any fancies for the Dublin Mayo game?

For value im going with Mayo ht-ft @ 5-1. If they are to win they will need to lead i feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Warper wrote: »
    Any fancies for the Dublin Mayo game?

For value im going with Mayo ht-ft @ 5-1. If they are to win they will need to lead i feel

I snaffled all I could of Dublin -1 when it was 5/6 and 4/5. Don't think Mayo are all we're led to believe.

I've a few thoughts on it up on LiveGaelic along with a new customer link to get Dubs @ 5/1 or Mayo @8/1 on betfair if anyone wants to read it.

I won't link it directly in case it's against the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Both teams to score and Dublin to win will be my bet at 6/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

keane2097 wrote: »
    I snaffled all I could of Dublin -1 when it was 5/6 and 4/5. Don't think Mayo are all we're led to believe.

I did similar , 5/6 was an excellent price.Had a few quid on the draw as well when I got 10/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

FatRat wrote: »
    Both teams to score and Dublin to win will be my bet at 6/4.

Wow you're going out on a limb there!:p

Wow you're going out on a limb there!

I stared at this wondering what was wrong with my post for ages haha Both to score goals obviously, otherwise I would think the price is a bit too generous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

pablo24 wrote: »
    Newtownshandrum in cork a great bet, 8/15 a wrong price, should be around 1/3

I also fancy fr o Neills on cork but not to the same extent, back d your two and my two with Eire Og annacarthy in Tipperary in a nice 5 fold

Thanks for this. Great shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

i can't see the mayo boys causing an upset this weekend.....i don't see the killer instinct in them that will be needed to overcome the dubs.....i watched the mayo v donegal match again last night to try persuade myself not to back dublin (too heavy).......it has not worked..... mayo's fluke goal after half time all but secured the result but they still managed to allow donegal chances to get back into the match.....they still dropped balls short into the Donegal's
    keepers hands and not able to put the killer points over when they needed them.....they managed to run down the clock and secure a victory but im not sold on them. I still think they are still mentally brittle and if the o sheas don't rule the roost on sunday i say they could crumble.......i think jim gavin will have a plan in place to nullify the o sheas influence and the dublin forwards will get enough scores on the board to see them over the line .......an early dublin goal could really put cat among the pigeons......im not afraid of dublin -4@15/8
    ....if the day is fine i think ill go for over 38.5pts as semi cover bet....if mayo are to have a chance i think they'll need to score 20 plus points.....if dublin hit top gear they could score 30plus on there own (if mayo crumble early enough) and subs are sprung from bench that will want to impress for final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

i can't see the mayo boys causing an upset this weekend.....i don't see the killer instinct in them that will be needed to overcome the dubs.....i watched the mayo v donegal match again last night to try persuade myself not to back dublin (too heavy).......it has not worked..... mayo's fluke goal after half time all but secured the result but they still managed to allow donegal chances to get back into the match.....they still dropped balls short into the Donegal's
    keepers hands and not able to put the killer points over when they needed them.....they managed to run down the clock and secure a victory but im not sold on them. I still think they are still mentally brittle and if the o sheas don't rule the roost on sunday i say they could crumble.......i think jim gavin will have a plan in place to nullify the o sheas influence and the dublin forwards will get enough scores on the board to see them over the line .......an early dublin goal could really put cat among the pigeons......im not afraid of dublin -4@15/8
    ....if the day is fine i think ill go for over 38.5pts as semi cover bet....if mayo are to have a chance i think they'll need to score 20 plus points.....if dublin hit top gear they could score 30plus on there own (if mayo crumble early enough) and subs are sprung from bench that will want to impress for final

Brave bet. I can't see any reason why Mayo would be crumbling on Sunday. Mayo have been hugely consistent over the last 4 years and havent been beaten by more than 4 points by any team. I think they have a good chance on Sunday. If they can force Dublin to kick out long they could dominate midfield and have a platform to win.

Thanks for this. Great shout!

No problem I did the 5 fold myself and cleaned up, good weekend of it

I really fancy Kildorrery @8/15 (Boyles) and Aghada @ 13/8 (Boyles)
    in cork the weekend, Kdy should be 1/3 minimum and Aghada around 1/2

Ive a big bet on these two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

keane2097 wrote: »

I've a few thoughts on it up on LiveGaelic along with a new customer link to get Dubs @ 5/1 or Mayo @8/1 on betfair if anyone wants to read it.

I won't link it directly in case it's against the rules.

Good article. I think Rory O'Carroll will probably cope ok with Aidan O Shea, he is good in the air and seems to do well against that type of player and I think Dublin will have a strategy to get numbers around that area.
    Dublin have the greater scoring power in their forwards, so for Mayo to win, they will need to comfortably win the midfield battle and to do that they will need to force Cluxton to kick long and 50-50.

Yeah I said Newtown as in newtownshandrum?

Douglas same (11/1) as of yest, one of the two will make the final, Douglas will beat midleton!

Any fancies in the club games the weekend?

Since I posted this Douglas are gone 3/1 from 11/1 and newtown 13/2 from 11/1 while midleton are gone 15/2 from 5/2.

I knew the two were serious value at the time but I cant believe the bookies have overreacted this much after eventually finding out about lehanes injury!!

it means erins own are now serious value at 9/1 for the county as an each way bet, wouldnt touch sars at 6/4, too short

but if anyone did back newtown and/or douglas at the 11s on offer, yeve more than enough value secured now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

looking forward to attending croker on sunday. expecting to be entertained. both sides look leaky in the backs so might have a bet on overs.will assess conditions on the day. think dubs will destroy kerry in the final if they make it.

hopefully mayo can deal with the kickouts this time otherwise they are in for a long day. they didn't in the final and they still didnt in the league despite change of management. o connor will need to show up

were passage the team you fancied too??

I see they are gone 8/11 now but the fact they dont have to win an mount sion do, worries me as a betting proposition?

Yes. Austin gleeson and michael gaffney suspended for sion and think stephen roche is only just back from america. the 5/6 available on passage was taken by myself

Think tallow are overpriced at 13/8 against fmw. I see this game as actually slightly in favour of tallow 60/40

Yes. Austin gleeson and michael gaffney suspended for sion and think stephen roche is only just back from america. the 5/6 available on passage was taken by myself

Think tallow are overpriced at 13/8 against fmw. I see this game as actually slightly in favour of tallow 60/40

Yeah I backed Passage with Kildorrery and aghada in cork in a treble
    got 5/6, 8/15 & 13/8 a great bet in my opinion, the cork two should be way shorter

I also did a 4 fold of kildorrery, aghada, erins own & fermoy in the football
    I really like those 2 bets now

13/8 on aghada the standout bet of the weekend for me, 8/15 on kildorrery is crazy too, I'd suggest you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

2 bets for me tomorrow, Tipp Minors Football -1 @ 13/5 and -2 @ 4/1. Will give this Kildare team enough of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Two great bets for today:

Bernard Brogan to score more than 2.5 pts @ 8/11
    Dublin subs to outscore Mayo subs @ 8/11

(both with PP)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Few bets for me today:
    Alternative winning margin in Boyles. Either team to win by 1-4 points at 10/11. Can also back the draw at 17/2with 10% of above stake to cover your bet which gives you 9 possible scenarios at 5/6.

Also difference in player points between powers and Boyles. Biggest variance is on b brogan with powers going over 2.5 8/11 and Boyles under 4.5 at same price. Can back both and hedge that could win both markets if he was to hit 3 or 4 points

Rory O'Carroll MOTM @25/1

If he stops O'Shea then we are looking at a potential winner here! Big "if" I guess but it won't hurt having a small punt on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    2 bets for me tomorrow, Tipp Minors Football -1 @ 13/5 and -2 @ 4/1. Will give this Kildare team enough of it.

Dunno how both didn't click, Tipp missed so many goal chances. Better team even with 14 men.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A goal to be scored in both halves at 4/5 seems high considering both teams penchant for scoring goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

On Mayo ht/ft small @ 5.75 (Bet365)

My main shouts in the match today:

Bernard Brogan over 2.5 @ 4/7
    Jack Mcaffery over 0.5 @11/10

Also done :

Dean Rock , first goalscorer for a bit of craic too @ 10/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Yeah I backed Passage with Kildorrery and aghada in cork in a treble
    got 5/6, 8/15 & 13/8 a great bet in my opinion, the cork two should be way shorter

I also did a 4 fold of kildorrery, aghada, erins own & fermoy in the football
    I really like those 2 bets now

13/8 on aghada the standout bet of the weekend for me, 8/15 on kildorrery is crazy too, I'd suggest you get on
    They left it late but great call on Aghada!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    A goal to be scored in both halves at 4/5 seems high considering both teams penchant for scoring goals.

Winner

• Advertisement

FatRat wrote: »
    Rory O'Carroll MOTM @25/1

If he stops O'Shea then we are looking at a potential winner here! Big "if" I guess but it won't hurt having a small punt on it!

Hopefully he did enough in the 3 minutes to get it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement