Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Honestly don't know how to call it, Mayo were well on top when things settled the last day but a bit of rearranging in the team could really help Dublin. Don't think I'll bet anyone outright in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

Honestly don't know how to call it, Mayo were well on top when things settled the last day but a bit of rearranging in the team could really help Dublin. Don't think I'll bet anyone outright in this game.

yep. instead of dublin i like the other posters over 1.5 goals bet. they always seem to get minimum 2 goals against mayo whether its the league or the championship. and you dont have to worry about the result then. 13/8 with or without connolly looks too good to turn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I presume Connolly is out of the running for FOTY now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I presume Connolly is out of the running for FOTY now?

I doubt it. He's been the best footballer in the country, if Dublin win on Saturday and he has a reasonable final he's a shoe in for FOTY

I don't think he's even the best player in Dublin but he still has a shot if we make the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I don't think he's even the best player in Dublin but he still has a shot if we make the final.

Opinions .. what makes GAA great. For me Connolly is head and shoulders above the rest of the team right up their with Cooper in terms of brilliance and ability and he is having a tremendous year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Plusamillion

Connolly is a supremely talented footballer with every skill you could want, but Christ almighty the fêting of his performances is beyond belief.

As ProudDub said (here or elsewhere), flashes of brilliance sure, but anyone who has been blown away by him this year or last year baffles me.

Goes missing too often for me for a foty, went long periods without doing anything on Sunday. Jack's having a great year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

9/4 Dub for AI is a massive massive price. Expect them to be odds on come Saturday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Shanee. wrote: »
    9/4 Dub for AI is a massive massive price. Expect them to be odds on come Saturday night.

Big price alright. U could back to lay as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

Warper wrote: »
    Big price alright. U could back to lay as well

Fuming I backed them at 10/11 before the Kildare game. Will probably go in again at 9/4.

i was planning a big bet on the dubs for the final against kerry. im not so confident now. ill still consider it if they impress me on saturday but i probably wont stake as much as id planned. really thought they would destroy kerry.

if mayo impress and ease past the dubs maybe kerry might be decent value. the bookies always seem to favor the side that knocks out dublin. might get kerry at 5/6 if were lucky. anytime you have mayo vrs kerry in croker its a mandatory bet

overturned. its going to be another nasty affair. ref needs to set the tone early on . if were lucky a game of football might break out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ianburke wrote: »
    overturned. its going to be another nasty affair. ref needs to set the tone early on . if were lucky a game of football might break out

got a citation on this, before I devastate my mother with the news

got a citation on this, before I devastate my mother with the news

hey mate. saw it on twitter...but now looking in the search they are saying its still not decided. wouldnt mind but i went straight into pp website and backed the dubs over 1.5 goals for 50 quid. nervous wait.

hey mate. saw it on twitter...but now looking in the search they are saying its still not decided. wouldnt mind but i went straight into pp website and backed the dubs over 1.5 goals for 50 quid. nervous wait.

Be very surprised if you didn't land that one, Connolly or no Connolly tbh.

Be very surprised if you didn't land that one, Connolly or no Connolly tbh.

yep i would have only put 25 max on without him though. could have been worse i suppose. really hope the ref can set a good tone early on the next day.

i see mayo have named an unchanged side. bit silly that when we know there will be at least 2-3 changes. one forced

appeal rejected he has one last avenue tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Having a good bet on Dublin over 1.5 goals myself regardless if Connolly plays or not

Speaking of Dublin goals, I was flicking through the match odds on oddschecker yesterday and saw Bernard Brogan - last goalscorer at 12/1 on Bet365. My heart leapt but when I clicked on the link it was for Alan Brogan. Don't do this to me guys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Some odds of interest in the club football

Ballinderry 4/9 PP vs 1/7 Boyles
    Dungiven game, both teams are 6/4
    Glen v Banagher - Glen evens with Boyles, 9/4 with PP.

Anyone any ideas why the discrepancies, especially with Ballinderry, one would imagine 4/9 is quite generous.

The above games are all arb'able if decent money could be put on them.

good spot. problem is the amounts. max i can get on ballinderry at 4/9 is 6.80. thats 1% so unlimited can only get 680 on. and going max bet may see acc limited so not sure its worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

good spot. problem is the amounts. max i can get on ballinderry at 4/9 is 6.80. thats 1% so unlimited can only get 680 on. and going max bet may see acc limited so not sure its worth it

Any sort of big bet on club games in your account would see you limited fairly fast. Need to go to shops, but again you wont get enough on there to make it worth your while.
    Ballinderry might be one for accumulators etc at 4/9 if they really should be 1/7, but I don't know enough about Derry club football to ascertain who has priced it up right i.e. should they be 4/9 or 1/7.

great point never thought of the shop mate.thats the way to go with the bets surely. if its still there tomorrow ill get in and have a few qid. cant today

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

Dublin out to Evens with Paddy Power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

closcriobh wrote: »
    Dublin out to Evens with Paddy Power.

Connolly must be definitely out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Dean Rock over 3.5 points at 10/11 is very interesting if he starts...

Same As wrote: »
    Dean Rock over 3.5 points at 10/11 is very interesting if he starts...

Not if he plays the way he did the last day. He did nothing in his 35 mins, and Mayo gave away barely any kickable frees. Maybe 2 or 3 all game, one of which Rock himself missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Not if he plays the way he did the last day. He did nothing in his 35 mins, and Mayo gave away barely any kickable frees. Maybe 2 or 3 all game, one of which Rock himself missed.

Absolutely agreed, it was very out of character from him last weekend though, he's been very consistent throughout league and championship over the last 18 months from placed balls anyway, though his contribution from play is up and down.

I'm hoping for Eddie Kinsella to be his whistle-happy self too. Considering he'll be on most frees and 45's and the fact he's 4/6 to get over 4.5 points elsewhere, I'll take some of the 10/11 for over 3.5 anyway and hope for the best!

• Advertisement

i cant be arsed to check the replay of the game for the stats and cant find them online. but surely mayo had much more wides than dublin? pp have both teams 5/6 for most wides surely backing mayo is almost buying money?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement