Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

According to the Dubs Official Twitter, Connollys appeal has been successful and he's free to play today... As expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Bookies still to react to news of Connolly getting off and evens still available with powers. Expect dubs to be clipped to 4/5 or 8/11 by throw in time. Makes a joke of disciplinary system in gaa now. Refs body need to take a stance on these appeals and look to get process reviewed as too many avenues of appeal out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

5/6 for anyoñe to get a red today looks fairly good.

Also just spotted Bernard Brogan at 9/4 anytime Goalscorer with Boyle and BFSB vs 11/8 with PP, I'll have a bit of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

ianburke wrote: »
    i cant be arsed to check the replay of the game for the stats and cant find them online. but surely mayo had much more wides than dublin? pp have both teams 5/6 for most wides surely backing mayo is almost buying money?

unless mayo found a miracle cure during the week which i doubt....ill have a few bob on mayo to top the wide count......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

mjp wrote: »
    Bookies still to react to news of Connolly getting off and evens still available with powers. Expect dubs to be clipped to 4/5 or 8/11 by throw in time. Makes a joke of disciplinary system in gaa now. Refs body need to take a stance on these appeals and look to get process reviewed as too many avenues of appeal out there

3 appeals its just a farce, one appeal to overturn howlers, he punched someone then gets off because someone didn't do something by book because its so complicated as it is. Backing dublin but be happy see back of them after this farce.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Enhanced on pp Dublin ht/ft 2/1. Have to take some of that.

Also taking goal scored in both halves 4/5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

dublin ladies to beat armagh ladies at 2.30pm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dublin ladies to beat armagh ladies at 2.30pm

At 1/3, quite probably and its on at 2.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

pp double your odds on the goalscorer if they score in the first 15 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Brogan anytime goal @ 9/4 Boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Bernard Brogan over 2.5 from play 10/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Be very surprised if you didn't land that one, Connolly or no Connolly tbh.

Or perhaps not. Though you'd thing one of the balls into Brogan has to hit the spot sooner or later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Brogan anytime goal @ 9/4 Boyles

Thank you John Boyle !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Having a good bet on Dublin over 1.5 goals myself regardless if Connolly plays or not

Boom! Had wrote this off

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Enhanced on pp Dublin ht/ft 2/1. Have to take some of that.

Also taking goal scored in both halves 4/5

No goals in first half, plenty in the second.
    Pity that free was given to Mayo right on ht !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

any word on the wides?

think Dublin had about 7 or 8, hard to see Mayo had more

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

dublin should have been out of sight and they really did not get going bar a ten minute spell in the second half.......mayo can't be as bad the next day but i still can't see where they will get the scores from ......i can't see dublin giving away that amount of frees again.......connolly will be a big loss but macmanamon and alan brogan are nice to be able to introduce to a team.......that battle yesterday will have done dublin the world of good .......mayo showed great heart and determination but that stuff will only get you so far ......dublin for me again !!!

Mmmm..... Mayo no killer instinct..... They would win an all Ireland pulling&dragging competition.....

Kilkenny -3 tomorrow to make a nice weekend!!!

Same As wrote: »
    I'd seriously question whether or not the Connolly suspension will be withheld to be honest given the precedent out there...
    :o
    I really like the 13/8 on offer on Dublin to score over 1.5 goals on Saturday. I'll be keeping a close eye on the outcome of the Connolly appeal, but will be on this regardless I would say.
    :)
    Dean Rock over 3.5 points at 10/11 is very interesting if he starts...
    Disappointing considering the 2 frees he put wide, and 2 into the keepers hands.
    Also just spotted Bernard Brogan at 9/4 anytime Goalscorer with Boyle and BFSB vs 11/8 with PP, I'll have a bit of that.

All in all a solid Saturday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

:o

Disappointing considering the 2 frees he put wide, and 2 into the keepers hands.

All in all a solid Saturday :)

Well done you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

Boom! Had wrote this off

me too. was thinking to myself at halftime just try and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts then wham like clockwork the goals always come n a big game with mayo in croker. my bet on wides lost handily but thanfully a 13 euero limit saved me as that would have been my biggest bet out of the ones i did. happy with 2 out of the 3 though nice start to the weekend. might stick a few bob on galway to lift the cup now

Juxtapose wrote: »
    any word on the wides?

think Dublin had about 7 or 8, hard to see Mayo had more

7-4. mayo had 5 or 6 that dropped short be it the keepers hands(which is worse than a wide with cluxton) or defence preventing the ball going over the line to get attacking

ianburke wrote: »
    7-4. mayo had 5 or 6 that dropped short be it the keepers hands(which is worse than a wide with cluxton) or defence preventing the ball going over the line to get attacking

yeah agreed short is worse than wide criminal at that level. Anything for today lads? club wise?

Bigger match its big ask for galway to show up again

Taking a chance on Galway today. 2/1 is a bit too much to turn down. 11/4 galway win both team to score a goal and a few quid on galway-3 at 4/1
    I always feel kk will win any final, but today I hope things don't go their way.
    I think there is value in galway. Kk not exactly setting the place on fire and don't have much on the bench if one of their star fowards has an off day. Galway have a big game in them. I hope it will be today.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Taking a chance on Galway today. 2/1 is a bit too much to turn down. 11/4 galway win both team to score a goal and a few quid on galway-3 at 4/1
    I always feel kk will win any final, but today I hope things don't go their way.
    I think there is value in galway. Kk not exactly setting the place on fire and don't have much on the bench if one of their star fowards has an off day. Galway have a big game in them. I hope it will be today.

the minors are 2/1 id prefer to back that myself should be close with tipp

manafana wrote: »
    the minors are 2/1 id prefer to back that myself should be close with tipp

Thought about it but hate betting on minors , think the minor match will be a cracker, two fine sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

Short price but like the look of Hawkeye to be used at 4/6 with PP. Already been used twice in the minor game and can see the umpires wanting to be doubly sure of some decisions today considering the game at hand.

Tipp Minor Footballers qualified for the final beating Kildare yesterday. 8 of those players (all played yesterday) are part of their hurling panel next weekend, while they could be a special bunch, I've taken the 2/1 available about Galway to topple them next Sunday.

Great performance from the Galway minors there, massive defending!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

Galway are now 23/10 with Bet365. Although I had Kilkenny has the likely winners all week I can't pass up a price like that on an All Ireland Final. You don't get to an AI without being a very talented team, and With a price like that it's worth the chance.

• Advertisement

galway should have beaten them today. kilkenny never doubt themselves. mentally so strong. fair play to the cats. galway hurlers are a lot like mayo football - the nearly men lacking the killer instinct. not sure it will ever change. mayo have a nice draw next year if they dont win sam then they likely never will

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement