Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

ianburke wrote: »
    galway should have beaten them today. kilkenny never doubt themselves. mentally so strong. fair play to the cats. galway hurlers are a lot like mayo football - the nearly men lacking the killer instinct. not sure it will ever change. mayo have a nice draw next year if they dont win sam then they likely never will

Not a chance. Galway were slaughtered in that second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

robbiezero wrote: »
    Not a chance. Galway were slaughtered in that second half.

true but galway should have been at least a further 5 or 6 pts up at halftime.pundits on both rte and sky reiterated that point.

halftime killed them mentally. kilkenny know how to win these things. galway got caught second half and kilkenny wrapped up the game ruthlessly with 10mins to spare. emphatic 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

What price were the Galway minors. I saw earlier that they were two to one to beat Tipp. I'd that correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

kala85 wrote: »
    What price were the Galway minors. I saw earlier that they were two to one to beat Tipp. I'd that correct.

15/8 with Powers when I went in yesterday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

I know it's short odds but Camross 1/3 to beat Ballinakill in Laois SHC is overpriced this weekend. It should be 1/6 or thereabouts. Worth putting into accumulators.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

I know it's short odds but Camross 1/3 to beat Ballinakill in Laois SHC is overpriced this weekend. It should be 1/6 or thereabouts. Worth putting into accumulators.
    Likewise Killyclogher in the Tyrone SFC 1/3 with Boylesports. Should really win this tie easily.

I know it's not until next weekend 19th but Armagh Harps to beat Killeavy at 1/3 is another certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Aghada in cork 2/5 in boyles another sure thing (v dripsey) for accumulators

Im told coolderry are value at 1/5 in offally aswell v tullamore??

and my tipp buddies fancy eire og annacarthy (v lorrha & dorrha) 8/15 nenagh eire og (v rosscrea) 1/4 and kilruane (v JK Brackens) 8/13

Im also told dunloy and lougheil in antrim

Aghada in cork are my only personal recommendation, I'm just wondering for other peoples opinions on the other teams I was given more so than tipping them up???

pablo24 wrote: »
    Aghada in cork 2/5 in boyles another sure thing (v dripsey) for accumulators

Im told coolderry are value at 1/5 in offally aswell v tullamore??

and my tipp buddies fancy eire og annacarthy (v lorrha & dorrha) 8/15 nenagh eire og (v rosscrea) 1/4 and kilruane (v JK Brackens) 8/13

Aghada in cork are my only personal recommendation, I'm just wondering for other peoples opinions on the other teams I was given more so than tipping them up???

Eire Og Anacarthy could be tight enough. I would see if as near enough 50-50 game, eire og slight favourites, but no surprise if they were turned over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Sarsfields to beat St. Laurence's at 8/13 in the Kildare SFC QF is hugely under priced. Get on it.

pablo24 wrote: »
    Dunloy certainly worth inclusion with some value at 8/13 with paddypower. Tradition, pedigree, players etc should see them past a Ballycastle team that continually fails to live up to the hype.

Loughgiel are usually a safe bet, and although the they are unbeaten for 2015 they made very hard work of a St Gall's team that only pays lip service to hurling in the quarter finals.
    That said, Cushendall made equally hard work of St John's and were actually losing for most of their quarter final tie eventually winning by 1. The fact they have players to come back into the side and also the small matter of being reigning Champions comes into play. I certainly fancy Loughgiel but little value at 3/10.

Warrenpoint at 15/8 to beat Castlewellan on Saturday is rather tempting.

EDIT: Ballymacnab 1/3 v Annaghmore tonight in Armagh championship. Have it on good authority that Annaghmore are missing key players. The Nab have a county player returning who will make all the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Confey to beat JTB is 13/8, this is a pick 'em game and should be 10/11 to 11/10 type odds.

I know Confey are going better than last year when they lost narrowly to JTB in the champo. That JTB team won't have the services of county players Keith Cribben (ACL) and Sean Hurley (AFL) on Sunday and may be missing one of the McInallys through suspension as well. JTB do have Dan Flynn back from AFL.

I'd fancy Confey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

armaghlad wrote: »
    Likewise Killyclogher in the Tyrone SFC 1/3 with Boylesports. Should really win this tie easily.

I know it's not until next weekend 19th but Armagh Harps to beat Killeavy at 1/3 is another certainty.

how those games going in Armagh, Lad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Ballymacnab won by a point an Killyclogher won 1.12 to 4. Thanks for info Armaghlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

mount sion look a great price in waterford at 1/2

nemo -9 in the football v nicks at evens look a great bet only for the weather here in cork, I know its a big line but they should cover it easily if it dries up before sunday which is a big ask

anyone know much about roscommon football??

I'm very reliably informed to back padraig pearses and clan na ngael??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Clough Ballacolla to beat Borris on ossory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Confey to beat JTB is 13/8, this is a pick 'em game and should be 10/11 to 11/10 type odds.

I know Confey are going better than last year when they lost narrowly to JTB in the champo. That JTB team won't have the services of county players Keith Cribben (ACL) and Sean Hurley (AFL) on Sunday and may be missing one of the McInallys through suspension as well. JTB do have Dan Flynn back from AFL.

I'd fancy Confey.

9/5 with betway on this and 7/4 with betfair

Down Intermediate Championship:

Ballymartin to beat Saul tomorrow (Sunday) 2/7 with paddypower

Again the odds are poop but I would view this as a formality so maybe worth adding to to bulk up an accumulator.

Ballymartin are unbeaten in the Down Division 2 league and put 6-15 to 1-6 past Saul in their league encounter about 3/4 weeks ago. Granted this will be a tad closer Ballymartin should have no difficulty winning this barring some form of miracle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Dots1982 wrote: »

I'd fancy Confey.

Crap tip, apologies. JTB scored a goal in the first minute. Led the whole game & won by 4.
    Don't know if I underestimated jtb or overestimated confey.

Dunloy beaten yesterday in Antrim SHC by Ballycastle and Loughgiel currently losing by 5 @ ht v Cushendall

Edit: Ballymartin win by 6 in Down IFC after a bit of a scare.

Delay at Loughgiel match, defibrillator out, incident in crowd.

Edit again: Match abandoned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

Nib wrote: »
    Sarsfields to beat St. Laurence's at 8/13 in the Kildare SFC QF is hugely under priced. Get on it.

cheers.8pts up at halftime. great shout:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Some great club tipping in here lads, keep it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Clough Ballacolla to beat Borris on ossory.

Winner alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

I fancy Kerry-2@9/4 v Dublin..... Cluxton will have to kick out the ball and I'd fancy Kerry to win midfield battle and feed plenty ball into that danger area.... I'd be very surprised if no Kerry goals are scored on Sunday..... Fitzmaurice and co on the sideline are shrewd and imo won't be outfoxed!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fancy the handicap bets as well, might do -3 and -4 also. Kerry peak for the final and I think they will push up on his kickouts. They have an advantage in midfield I think so I'm confident with a good supply of ball that the Kerry fowards will make hay.
    They will hardly be naiive enough to let the Dublin super sub get a run on goal either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Fancy the handicap bets as well, might do -3 and -4 also. Kerry peak for the final and I think they will push up on his kickouts. They have an advantage in midfield I think so I'm confident with a good supply of ball that the Kerry fowards will make hay.
    They will hardly be naiive enough to let the Dublin super sub get a run on goal either.

Pushing up on kickouts = more space in behind for Dublin if they win the long kick out. Its Kerry's best bet but not as simple as they'll push up and dominate the middle. I see goals for both teams, lots actually, if Tyrone can get through Kerry's centre 3 or 4 times I'm sure Dublin can but they'll be more clinical. At the same time Kerry have a far better forward line than Mayo.

Pushing up on kickouts = more space in behind for Dublin if they win the long kick out. Its Kerry's best bet but not as simple as they'll push up and dominate the middle. I see goals for both teams, lots actually, if Tyrone can get through Kerry's centre 3 or 4 times I'm sure Dublin can but they'll be more clinical. At the same time Kerry have a far better forward line than Mayo.

I can see something like the 2011 final happening again with it being fairly low scoring. I think Kerry will have to park the bus to keep themselves in the game and if they don't Dublin will cut that slow, leaky defence to ribbons. As you said Tyrone did it, and so also did Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

I see goals for both teams, lots actually...

I can see this happening also - Dubs over 1.5 @ 6/4, Kerry over 1.5 @ 13/8 both look good. Match over 2.5 at Evens is very nice, I'm tempted by the over 3.5 @ 13/5.

Big disparity between with Anytime Goalscorer prices with JOD & Bernard, both 7/5 with P.P. Bernard 9/4, JOD 13/5 anytime available elsewhere.

robbiezero wrote: »
    I can see something like the 2011 final happening again with it being fairly low scoring. I think Kerry will have to park the bus to keep themselves in the game and if they don't Dublin will cut that slow, leaky defence to ribbons. As you said Tyrone did it, and so also did Cork.

To be fair both teams have set up a bit defensively so far and leaked chances, so unless you mean they'll go ultra defensive I think they will again. Dublin conceded a goal each game against Mayo, and Kerry conceded a lot against Cork and Tyrone. The rest of the opposition was fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Kerry already play a lot more defensively than people make out. They regularly drop forwards back to help out their backs and their half backs generally don't go maurading up the field like some other teams. The points line for this one is 39.5 and while I would hope it will be high scoring like their semi final a few years back, I think there is too much on the line. The Dubs can secure their 3rd AI in 5 years and go down in history having dominated the 2010's so far and Kerry can go back to back for the first time since 06 & 07. Also the Dubs have had their number in the championship the past two times and a third loss of this magnitude will sting. As much as I'd like to see a thrilling game, I think under 39.5 points is a decent shout.

• Advertisement

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Kerry already play a lot more defensively than people make out. They regularly drop forwards back to help out their backs and their half backs generally don't go maurading up the field like some other teams. The points line for this one is 39.5 and while I would hope it will be high scoring like their semi final a few years back, I think there is too much on the line. The Dubs can secure their 3rd AI in 5 years and go down in history having dominated the 2010's so far and Kerry can go back to back for the first time since 06 & 07. Also the Dubs have had their number in the championship the past two times and a third loss of this magnitude will sting. As much as I'd like to see a thrilling game, I think under 39.5 points is a decent shout.

They've been doing that all year and still conceded chances though, they'll need to tweak things if they're keeping us low scoring. Dublin get a lot of players behind the ball when not in possession too (all teams do nowadays) but the main difference is our wing backs and corner backs fly forward more often. Our midfielders too as Kerry's tend to stay deep. That often leaves ROC on his own back there which scares me a bit.

Kerry's defence isn't near as strong man for man as Mayos IMO but they'll set up better. If we can win kickouts and hit them quick they'll be got at, the same can probably be said about us though. Mayo got some half chances that better teams would have gone in on goal against us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement