Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I agree that Kerry are a fairly defensive team. They rely more on their forwards creating everything themselves whereas our attack is strongly impacted from 2-9 as well (basically all of our backs and Mids bar Bastick, COS and ROC can pop up for a few scores or assists on any given day).

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

I know its all talk of the football at the moment, but....

Ballinhassig and Charleville should win in cork at 1/3 and 2/7 respectively, nothing special about the prices though.

Im thinking, passage in waterford, as well as gort, st thomas', loughrea and tommy larkins in galway should win also?

can anyone shed light on these??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

My only bet this weekend is under 39.5 in the Dublin v Kerry game with Bet365 @5/6.

- The average total points in the last 10 finals is 32.2 points. The average includes the hiding that Kerry gave to Mayo in 2005.
    - Both teams will operate quite defensively imo looking to limit the space provided to the opposition forward lines, Kerry with a similar approach to last years final.
    - The last final in which the sides (2011) met finished 1-12 to 1-11. Total points 29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I have been waiting for MOTM prices to be released with my eye on Donnchadh Walsh. I was expecting around 15/1 but..

Donnchadh Walsh MOTM @25/1 (PP, Boyles)

The main reason I'm taking it is because of the value it represents. I would've taken 15/1 had that been the price tbh. I strongly fancy this for many reasons, the main one again being the media. For the past few months he has been talked up as being the most underrated player in the country. I agreed with that up until lately because so many people kept saying how under-rated he his, that it's now come to the point where he is considered rated imo. It was also a toss up between himself and Buckley for the award against Tyrone (he won the AIB MOTM, but not the RTE) and I think that'll increase his chances this time around. Another thing is that he never really has a bad game unlike all of the bookies favourites who could well pop up with a poor showing (JO'D, Connolly, Brogan). Last reason would be he'll probably be marking McCaffrey, and I think Jack will get a bit of shock when he realises he's finally been matched with a player who runs up and down the field as much as he does. If he keeps McCaffrey quiet then his chances of winning MOTM sky-rocket. I'm basing this on last years final when Murphy kept McHugh quiet and ended up winning the MOTM award.

Obviously though if Dublin win, all of these reasons won't matter because he won't win it. But even so, it's very good value even if you don't think Kerry can win it. 25/1 is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Will be shocked if Passage don't win but 1/4 reflects that. Fourmile should also win at a far more appealing price. Think Mount Sion could be the outsiders to come through the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Hawkeye to be used is 5/6 with Boyle at the moment, I'll have some of that I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

FatRat wrote: »
    I have been waiting for MOTM prices to be released with my eye on Donnchadh Walsh. I was expecting around 15/1 but..

Donnchadh Walsh MOTM @25/1 (PP, Boyles)

The main reason I'm taking it is because of the value it represents. I would've taken 15/1 had that been the price tbh. I strongly fancy this for many reasons, the main one again being the media. For the past few months he has been talked up as being the most underrated player in the country. I agreed with that up until lately because so many people kept saying how under-rated he his, that it's now come to the point where he is considered rated imo. It was also a toss up between himself and Buckley for the award against Tyrone (he won the AIB MOTM, but not the RTE) and I think that'll increase his chances this time around. Another thing is that he never really has a bad game unlike all of the bookies favourites who could well pop up with a poor showing (JO'D, Connolly, Brogan). Last reason would be he'll probably be marking McCaffrey, and I think Jack will get a bit of shock when he realises he's finally been matched with a player who runs up and down the field as much as he does. If he keeps McCaffrey quiet then his chances of winning MOTM sky-rocket. I'm basing this on last years final when Murphy kept McHugh quiet and ended up winning the MOTM award.

Obviously though if Dublin win, all of these reasons won't matter because he won't win it. But even so, it's very good value even if you don't think Kerry can win it. 25/1 is huge.

8/1 for MOTM nomination may be of interest too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Jack Mccaffery MOM 20/1

Also looking for a bet i did i 2013 but cant find. Looking for odds on

Kerry 1st score
    Kerry Lead H/T
    Dublin win F/T

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Jack Mccaffery MOM 20/1

Kerry 1st score
    Kerry Lead H/T
    Dublin win F/T

All in the one bet? Kerry ht/dublin ft is 5/1 with boyles and Kerry to score forst is 11/10 with William Hill if youre interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Jack Mccaffery MOM 20/1

Kerry 1st score
    Kerry Lead H/T
    Dublin win F/T

This is only available with Ladbrokes I think - 10/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

armaghlad wrote: »
    I know it's not until next weekend 19th but Armagh Harps to beat Killeavy at 1/3 is another certainty.
    Armagh Harps 0-21 Killeavy 1-9

Personally can't see past Dublin tomorrow. When did a team last retain Sam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

was it kerry?

was it kerry? 2006/2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

razorhead wrote: »
    was it kerry? 2006/2007
    Yup
    Kerry did it in 2007.Before that it was Cork 89/90.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Philly Mcmahon - anytime yellow card @2/1 tomorrow. surley worth a few bob lads?

Will be shocked if Passage don't win but 1/4 reflects that. Fourmile should also win at a far more appealing price. Think Mount Sion could be the outsiders to come through the weekend.

Fourmilewater won anyway, Mt Sion lost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hoping Kerry start well, Kerry -1 first half handicap 7/4
    Goal in each half 4/5

pablo24 wrote: »
    I know its all talk of the football at the moment, but....

Ballinhassig and Charleville should win in cork at 1/3 and 2/7 respectively, nothing special about the prices though.

Im thinking, passage in waterford, as well as gort, st thomas', loughrea and tommy larkins in galway should win also?

can anyone shed light on these??

Ouch, ouch....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Anyone give us a westher update from Dublin?

This over or under 39.5 depends a lot on whether it's raining or not.

Praying for goals, have over 2.5 in the last leg of a fourfould. With the gaps that have appeared in both defenses todate Im hopeful. The bottom line is the attacks are much better than the defenses no matter how they setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

80s Child wrote: »

Dry but very grey sky. Rain likely I would say. Very mild breeze. Decent conditions if they were to play now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Collie D wrote: »
    Dry but very grey sky. Rain likely I would say. Very mild breeze. Decent conditions if they were to play now

Cheers for that. Gonna wait an hour and see if it changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

on the kerry bus-2 @9/4........will throw a buck or two on donnacha walsh for 1st goal @20/1 ...he has landed first goal all ready this championship.....
    im going to back dublin ht kerry ft @4/1 for small stake....the two games v mayo might have taken a lot out of the dubs and id expect the first 35mins today to be no walk in the park....the dubs have showed they can squeak when the chips are down(donegal last year ..mayo this year)

im going for moran motm @11/1....if the ball has to be pucked out he could see a lot of ball time......

last bet will be under 39.5 as it has the potential for cracker but could end up as game of tit for tat and running down the clock with 10/15 mins to go with little or no action.....if i lose this bet ill have seen a good match:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

Like the look of Dublin 1st goal and Kerry to win @ 11/2

Praying for under 38.5 points for the last leg of an accum for €1,100. Line has dropped to 36.5 points. Might cover after 15 mins if line drops to 33.5 points. Kerry will set up exactly as they did against Donegal last year and as was said before they will depend on individual genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Tipp minors +5 @ 21/20 BFSB main bet
    Tipp Minors HT/FT @ 9/1 small bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

80s Child wrote: »

36.5 on pp but 39.5 on bet365 so you are well catered for whatever you fancy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Tipp minors +5 @ 21/20 BFSB main bet
    Tipp Minors HT/FT @ 9/1 small bet

Never even close. Awful stuff. Way out of their depth today.

Treble with the dubs later, liverpool and over 1.5 goals in United game to try get something back. Shy of 7/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Just started raining here near croker in last 5 mins. Quite heavy at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

went for over 32.5 points in minor game, it finished at 32,
    2 minutes injury time with it mostly spent with the ball out the sideline, not a second extra of injury time was given.
    even if it was a tight game it would be the same, like the mayo dublin first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

delighted for dublin the two semi final games really stood to them in this one. best team in the country for the last few years

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement