Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

What price was Fenton for man of the match this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

kala85 wrote: »
    What price was Fenton for man of the match this morning

33/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Best team won yesterday on the day, Dublin simply adapted to the weather conditions better. Kerry never got to grips with the wet and their kicking game was pretty much nullified by the bad handling. Fair play to the Dubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yup
    Kerry did it in 2007.Before that it was Cork 89/90.
    Yeah thought as much. Knew it hadn't been done in quite a while prior to that.

On the game itself, not a classic. Had Kerry minors, Dublin in an acca along with Lavey, Loup and Ballinascreen. Ambitious lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

razorhead wrote: »
    Ouch, ouch....

Yeah I left out passage and tommy larkins but left in balinhassig as, being from cork, I was convinced they would win with a few to spare

a nasty result as, not only did they leave down a 6/1 accum I als had a few hefty ante posts done with them and charleville at between 3 and 5/1, charleville are now 1/10, Ouch is an understatement for me!! ha ha

The system in cork ****ed ballinhassig, their 2nd champ game in about 6 weeks and valleys 4th, valleys after 7 hurling championship games playing their 8th in two weeks while bhass only had 3, its a joke of a system!

NOT AN EXCUSE AT ALL!! As I was aware of the story going into the game, bets and recommendation so I just have to take the good with the (very) bad!! :p

• Advertisement

Coalisland 2/7 to beat Trillick in Tyrone SFC semi. I'll be putting a small fortune on that. My East Tyrone sources tell me that Coalisland are going good and have eyes on the title.

I fancy a shock in Armagh. Maghery 6/1 to topple the mighty Crossmaglen. No specific inside knowledge, just fancy an upset. Maghery have been impressive in the championship so far. Cross were given a bit of a test last day out by 14 man Pearse Og, eventually winning by 5. Maghery beat the same team by 11. I know that means very little but given Cross are missing players, including talisman Jamie Clarke, as well as having a weakened bench, I feel they're there for the taking. Like the saying goes trees don't grow to the sky.

armaghlad wrote: »
    Coalisland 2/7 to beat Trillick in Tyrone SFC semi. I'll be putting a small fortune on that. My East Tyrone sources tell me that Coalisland are going good and have eyes on the title.

Get any more on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

armaghlad wrote: »

You don't shop around do you?

Hope you didn't put your "small fortune" on @ 2/7 when there is 4/9 about, silly.

I fancy midleton in cork but just a personal fancy

I think erins own look very big at 3/1 aswell

anyone have any insight into fermoy and glanworth?

waterford lads, DLS should win the relegation Im told what do ye think?

Kilruane to beat annacarthy in tipp looks a nice price at 8/11 too

• Advertisement

pablo24 wrote: »

At the value I'd go with Eire Og @ 6/4.

I think they will take Kilruane, who I feel are the worst team left in the Tipp Championship and are favs for the game because they are from North Tipp, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

I fancy midleton in cork but just a personal fancy

I think erins own look very big at 3/1 aswell

anyone have any insight into fermoy and glanworth?

waterford lads, DLS should win the relegation Im told what do ye think?

I'd be shocked if DLS don't beat Lismore.

But then again I'm also shocked that they're in the mess in the first place.

shmeee wrote: »
    At the value I'd go with Eire Og @ 6/4.

I think they will take Kilruane, who I feel are the worst team left in the Tipp Championship and are favs for the game because they are from North Tipp, that's all.

fair enough, my thinking on this one was that kilruane
    beat brackens 1-9 to 1-21 last time out with 14 men for most of the game while annacarthy only beat a lorrha team who apparently had nothing done, by 4 points

they also struggled in the west final against a poor kickhams team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if DLS don't beat Lismore.

But then again I'm also shocked that they're in the mess in the first place.

Lot of hearsay about this match which youd have to disregard.

I haven't seen lismore play but their form does seem to have improved a bit. I saw De La Salle the last day and they were appauling, they could have been bet by any margin really. Think 7/4 on Lismore is a serious value bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

In Mayo, Castlebar Mitchels play Aghamore and Ballintubber play Ballina.

Mitchels are a complete shoe in here.

Ballintubber against Ballina will be tighter, but with Ballintubber's forwards, they should have enough. Only concern would be Cillian; it has been known for a while that he has been playing injured this year. Has a knee issue that won't seem to go away, but in fairness to him, he has been getting on with it.

I'll be back tomorrow with the odds. They'll be very short, but should be ok for part of an accum.

shmeee wrote: »
    You don't shop around do you?

Hope you didn't put your "small fortune" on @ 2/7 when there is 4/9 about, silly.
    No I don't. I only have one online account - with Paddy Power. I do check Boylesports now and again because sometimes I can physically call into them.

anyone have any inside knowledge of the relegation finals in cork ootball, I'm tempted to back clon at 8/13 v aghada but am unsure due to the nature of the game??

also na piarsaigh at 4/7 v ballinora looks tempting

anyone have any inside knowledge of the relegation finals in cork ootball, I'm tempted to back clon at 8/13 v aghada but am unsure due to the nature of the game??

also na piarsaigh at 4/7 v ballinora looks tempting

Thing being relegation finals end in a draw an inordinate amount of the time so will both be tight as a rule

I ended up with Clara, Fermoy, Kerins O Rahillys and De La Salle 3/1 a nice price,

did a smaller bet with kilruane -1, na piarsaigh (LMK) -1 and St Michaels with the above 4 at 20/1

good luck if you follow lads, the 3/1 should really be winning, I know the Waterford game is a relegation final but a friend of mine starts for Lismore and is very pessimistic about their chances, he also said Maurice didn't train Wednesday with a hamstring injury, he said he will definitely play but wont be 100%, that's my info anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or questions on the selections fell free to ask or comment, the 3/1 is my main bet and I'm confident it represents good value anyway! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Dublin ladies 12/5 far too big for Sunday's final

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Slattsy wrote: »
    Dublin ladies 12/5 far too big for Sunday's final

Don't think so given Corks record over the past 11 years.
    But its a final, you'd never know.

fair enough, my thinking on this one was that kilruane
    beat brackens 1-9 to 1-21 last time out with 14 men for most of the game while annacarthy only beat a lorrha team who apparently had nothing done, by 4 points

they also struggled in the west final against a poor kickhams team?

Correct in your reasoning and have every right.

Personally I'm just sliding to Eire Og. Don't let my opinion change your bet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

I like the look of St.Brendans to beat Kilmoyley in the Kerry Hurling Final at 11/10

Have a few players back from America and Kilmoyley's Tom Murnane is a huge doubt for the game

I ended up with Clara, Fermoy, Kerins O Rahillys and De La Salle 3/1 a nice price,

did a smaller bet with kilruane -1, na piarsaigh (LMK) -1 and St Michaels with the above 4 at 20/1

good luck if you follow lads, the 3/1 should really be winning, I know the Waterford game is a relegation final but a friend of mine starts for Lismore and is very pessimistic about their chances, he also said Maurice didn't train Wednesday with a hamstring injury, he said he will definitely play but wont be 100%, that's my info anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or questions on the selections fell free to ask or comment, the 3/1 is my main bet and I'm confident it represents good value anyway! :)

Gonna back you here Pablo. Watching Narcos at the minute, so the name sold me!!

Also, Mitchels are 1/12, Ballintubber 1/7. Might be good to someone in an accum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

80s Child wrote: »
    Also, Mitchels are 1/12, Ballintubber 1/7. Might be good to someone in an accum.

Do you think Breaffy might bet turned over tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Rhode look a shoe in in Offaly @ 1/4. -3 @5/6
    Also Tullamore might represent value @ 5/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Raheens are 4/6 to beat Ellistown tomorrow in the Kildare IFC semi final. That's a great price, get on it.

In the other semi, Castledermot are 1/3 to beat Sallins. That's a dead cert, it's one for an accumulator.

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Do you think Breaffy might bet turned over tomorrow?

My problem with the Breaffy game is the number of players they have involved with the Mayo panel: the three O'Sheas, Michael Hall and Robbie.
    In saying that, if Aidan brings his Mayo form they are going to be very hard to beat. Being honest, I didn't mention them here as I'm not a 100% on them, especially as Garrymore have a very good free taker, and if i mention a pick here, I like to be as certain as I can!

• Advertisement

Kilruane 6 ahead in Tipp, how wrong I was, always the better team through out. Nearly over

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement