Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

pablo24 wrote: »
    First of the main two gets up other one a loser and the longshot a loser too, lovely profit again though

€200 on the first €132 on the second and €25 on the longshot one over €1100 back off the €200 hope some of Ye followed again, 2 weeks in a row of tasty profit! ðŸ‘ðŸ½

Pablo, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

I'm looking for opinions on

Ballygunner (Waterford)
    Rhode (Offally)
    Cuala (Dublin)
    Drom & Inch (Tipp)

I reckon sars are a bet in cork myself, if lads could let us know the score with those 4 as soon as Ye can it'd be great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I would stay away from sars. Like the glen last year they will have been out 3 weeks in a row this year, glen last year looked jaded in the final. I think stars are a better team but the glen could very easily beat them, given they had a 2 week rest.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I would stay away from sars. Like the glen last year they will have been out 3 weeks in a row this year, glen last year looked jaded in the final. I think stars are a better team but the glen could very easily beat them, given they had a 2 week rest.

I can see what your saying but I really don't see that as too big a factor in terms of last years final anyway, if the glen had 6 weeks off twas the same result, I'm not saying that now with the benefit of hindsight because I had a very big bet on SARS -2 which was the handicap that day, glen had no hope.

As far as this years game goes, I acknowledge the glen have improved a lot but I did not expect SARS to beat Erin's own so easily in the replay and they will be going all out to finally win two in a row, I personally can't see them being beaten by the glen, albeit I do admit the glen have improved no end this year

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

O'Tooles are 5/6 to beat Lucan on Wed in Dublin SHC quarter final. I think it's good value. I'd have O'Tooles at around 1/2 shot.

• Advertisement

turniphead wrote: »
    O'Tooles are 5/6 to beat Lucan on Wed in Dublin SHC quarter final. I think it's good value. I'd have O'Tooles at around 1/2 shot.

Cheers man, sound for that! I thought Lucan were supposed to be very good?

If your right about o tooles that is a lovely price!!

Ballygunner (Waterford)
    Rhode (Offally)
    Cuala (Dublin)
    Drom & Inch (Tipp)

I reckon sars are a bet in cork myself, if lads could let us know the score with those 4 as soon as Ye can it'd be great

Also corofin in Galway does anyone know anything?

A lot of Armagh lads on here too, crossmaglen a formality??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Also corofin in Galway does anyone know anything?

Corofin are not going as well as last year, look a tired team. Still by far the better team on paper though.

They drew with Tuam Stars in the Q Final and should have been beaten.

Bet a very poor Cortoon team in the semi final. Brutal game.

Mountbellew have beaten them twice this year in the Leagues and will be the best team they've faced in Championship. They beat Salthill comfortably in the semi.

Corofin should win but wouldn't be backing them at 1/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Ballygunner (Waterford)
    Rhode (Offally)
    Cuala (Dublin)
    Drom & Inch (Tipp)

I reckon sars are a bet in cork myself, if lads could let us know the score with those 4 as soon as Ye can it'd be great[/QUOTE
    Rhode should be a shoe in here. -3 @ 11/10 on the handicap is quite attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ballygunner (Waterford)
    Rhode (Offally)
    Cuala (Dublin)
    Drom & Inch (Tipp)

Drom far from a banker in my opinion, which has been wrong before

If Nenagh hold Seamie then Drom are in Trouble, if your get Nenagh +4 or so @ 5/6 it would be a bet I feel.

It will be a shootout and 4/11 on Drom? (Is that right) is very skinny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Kerry County Championship Quarter Final Odds:

Kerins O Rahillys 8/11 vs Legion 11/8 (Draw - 7/1)
    South Kerry 1/6 vs Kilcummin 9/2 (Draw - 11/1)
    Kenmare District 4/5 vs West Kerry 5/4 (Draw 7/1)
    Dr Crokes 1/5 vs Rathmore 4/1 (Draw 10/1)

Legion were poor in their last outing against Feale Rangers, and very nearly threw the game away. They showed glimpses of class, and it's been a while since they've played as a unit with their 4 Senior Players all involved. Rahillys on the other hand made light work of East Kerry in a dominant display, racking up a big score.

The last twice the sides met it was extremely close (draw, and a Legion single point win) and while Rahillys do look to be on form, I think Legion are slightly overpriced.

South Kerry should have too much class for Kilcummin, who put in a massive performance last week against St Kierans and this is probably coming a little quick for them.

Kenmare District are a big price here and I'll be having some of the 4/5 available here. A quality side, who potentially could have a tilt at the outright title and this 4/5 will not last. (edit: now 4/6)

Crokes & Rathmore face off regularly and they're usually decent games, although what was worrying last week was how heavily Rathmore conceeded vs Shannon Rangers in a match that was touted as a formality. If the Crokes forwards are firing on all cylinders, then they should have enough here, although they'll need to avoid the complacency that almost lost them the game against the Stacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Ballygunner (Waterford)
    Rhode (Offally)
    Cuala (Dublin)
    Drom & Inch (Tipp)

Rhode -3 is a decent bet. Even without Anton Sullivan (pretty sure he's suspended) I'd expect them to cover it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Rhode -3 is a decent bet. Even without Anton Sullivan (pretty sure he's suspended) I'd expect them to cover it.

Rhode v Edenderry games are always hard to call, even last year when Rhode were far superior they struggled to beat Edenderry. Wouldn't want to be betting on -3 myself.

shmeee wrote: »
    Drom far from a banker in my opinion, which has been wrong before

If Nenagh hold Seamie then Drom are in Trouble, if your get Nenagh +4 or so @ 5/6 it would be a bet I feel.

It will be a shootout and 4/11 on Drom? (Is that right) is very skinny

It's 4/9 which is still a small bit shorter than what I would have liked but I do think with seamie, butler, lupton, woodlock and these lads they should have too much class for nenagh, Om not sure about them as a bet still though, may leave it off on value grounds

Rhode v Edenderry games are always hard to call, even last year when Rhode were far superior they struggled to beat Edenderry. Wouldn't want to be betting on -3 myself.

Going off the name I presume your a dub?? Value in the -5 on cuala?? What do you make of o tooles??

Same As wrote: »
    Kerry County Championship Quarter Final Odds:

Kerins O Rahillys 8/11 vs Legion 11/8 (Draw - 7/1)
    South Kerry 1/6 vs Kilcummin 9/2 (Draw - 11/1)
    Kenmare District 4/5 vs West Kerry 5/4 (Draw 7/1)
    Dr Crokes 1/5 vs Rathmore 4/1 (Draw 10/1)

Legion were poor in their last outing against Feale Rangers, and very nearly threw the game away. They showed glimpses of class, and it's been a while since they've played as a unit with their 4 Senior Players all involved. Rahillys on the other hand made light work of East Kerry in a dominant display, racking up a big score.

The last twice the sides met it was extremely close (draw, and a Legion single point win) and while Rahillys do look to be on form, I think Legion are slightly overpriced.

South Kerry should have too much class for Kilcummin, who put in a massive performance last week against St Kierans and this is probably coming a little quick for them.

Kenmare District are a big price here and I'll be having some of the 4/5 available here. A quality side, who potentially could have a tilt at the outright title and this 4/5 will not last. (edit: now 4/6)

Crokes & Rathmore face off regularly and they're usually decent games, although what was worrying last week was how heavily Rathmore conceeded vs Shannon Rangers in a match that was touted as a formality. If the Crokes forwards are firing on all cylinders, then they should have enough here, although they'll need to avoid the complacency that almost lost them the game against the Stacks.

Kenmare still value at 4/6??

Kenmare still value at 4/6??

Still value in 4/6 in my book anyway, wouldn't be surprised to see that dry up either. Probably will end up around 8/13 or 4/7, I wouldn't take any skinnier than that.

Ashamedly didn't get any of the 4/5 myself, self inflicted online reluctance can be such a pain!

South Kerry are 2/9 vs Kilcummin with Boyle vs 1/6 with Powers for anyone looking for an accum selection.

2 for tomorrow night in Tipp.

Sarsfields Inters (hurling) @ 8/13 and Clonmel Og Inters (football) @ 4/9. Good double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

turniphead wrote:
    Powers have an enhanced price double, 6/4 O'Tooles & Cuala. If you think Cuala a shoe-in at 1/5, your effectively getting
    11/10 on O'Tooles. That was in shop this evening so expect should be available 2m

Lucan are missing their best player, Peter Kelly, and John McCaffrey will be playing his 4th game in less than 2 weeks cause he's involved with the footballers as well.

O'Tooles reached the semis last year and only lost by a point.

Thomas' and Craughwell in Galway any opinions??

At the moment I'm leaning Cork Sars, Kenmare and O Tooles...

Was told by two reliable sources those two in Galway looking for any info on those??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Going off the name I presume your a dub?? Value in the -5 on cuala?? What do you make of o tooles??

I think both Cuala and O'Tooles should win tonight. But both will be tight , this Lucan side are going to give everything they have against O'Tooles.

I think both Cuala and O'Tooles should win tonight. But both will be tight , this Lucan side are going to give everything they have against O'Tooles.

Peter Kelly def out for lucan he is?

youd say the -5 on cuala a def no go there so yeah?

Cuala look to have a seriously star studded side

Peter Kelly def out for lucan he is?

youd say the -5 on cuala a def no go there so yeah?

Cuala look to have a seriously star studded side

To be honest I wouldn't be 100% against taking Cuala -5 , very good side.

I think Kelly will probably line out for Lucan he was close to playing their last Championship game from what I remember

Full-time

Lucan 0:20
    O'Tooles 1:17

62nd min penalty for O'Tooles to salvage draw. Extra time.

Draw after extra time.

shmeee wrote: »
    2 for tomorrow night in Tipp.

Sarsfields Inters (hurling) @ 8/13 and Clonmel Og Inters (football) @ 4/9. Good double.

2 winners.

Sars by 2 and Clonmel by 7

turniphead wrote: »
    Full-time

Lucan 0:20
    O'Tooles 1:17

62nd min penalty for O'Tooles to salvage draw. Extra time.

Draw after extra time.

What a game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

A lot of Armagh lads on here too, crossmaglen a formality??
    I wouldn't be so sure, granted its hard not to fancy them. No Jamie Clarke though and if rumours are to be believed Aaron Kernan will also miss the final due to injury - a huge miss.

Harps' midfield would be much more mobile than the Cross duo so if Harps are able to start early and not be intimidated by the occasion (like last year) they've every chance. Certainly 4/1 is worthy of a punt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement