Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

armaghlad wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure, granted its hard not to fancy them. No Jamie Clarke though and if rumours are to be believed Aaron Kernan will also miss the final due to injury - a huge miss.

Harps' midfield would be much more mobile than the Cross duo so if Harps are able to start early and not be intimidated by the occasion (like last year) they've every chance. Certainly 4/1 is worthy of a punt.

Do Harps have the Forwards ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Do Harps have the Forwards ?
    They have one or two quality forwards, Gareth Swift is one of the best in the county. Ultan Lennon too is a pretty reliable free taker which could come in handy should the game be a tight affair. Cross however have a strong defence, AK will probably feature for at least a half and there are rumours that Jamie Clarke is back in the country and will strip out for them, how sharp he is remains debatable. If Harps can impose themselves right from the start, use their superiority in midfield and NOT **** themselves in front of the posts like they did last year then they can ask massive questions of Crossmaglen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Castledermot face Raheens in the Kildare IFC final tomorrow. Raheens are very well priced at 11/8, they beat Castledermot pretty comfortably in round 1, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then but I feel this is excellent value, get on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭shmeee

Newport in Tipp Intermediate hurling @ 8/13 should have the measure of Clonakenny @ 3pm today

*drifted to 8/11, some price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Mitchels are 2/7 in the Mayo SFC. Put it in an accum.

Now, if you're in PP you could have Mitchels and Ballintubber for a 9/4 double, which is a huge price!! I'm sceptical on the basis that if the O'Sheas show up, they could be really hard to beat, so I'm not going to go near it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

shmeee wrote: »
    Newport in Tipp Intermediate hurling @ 8/13 should have the measure of Clonakenny @ 3pm today

*drifted to 8/11, some price!

Newport beaten !

Newport beaten !

Didn't see that one coming, and beaten well in end.

80s Child wrote: »
    Mitchels are 2/7 in the Mayo SFC. Put it in an accum.

Now, if you're in PP you could have Mitchels and Ballintubber for a 9/4 double, which is a huge price!! I'm sceptical on the basis that if the O'Sheas show up, they could be really hard to beat, so I'm not going to go near it.

Edit: that's 5/4, and i backed it. I just couldn't leave it. Also backed Mitchels -3 @ 4/5. My only concern for the 2nd one is the weather, otherwise it should be good.

Best of luck folks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

South Kerry just about got the measure of Kilcummin in the first quarter final in the Kerry county championship. Just the three red cards shown, South Kerry got over the line in the end by 3 points. Worrying injury for Killian Young who took a bad knock and was brought off the field on a stretcher.

Legion and Kerins O Rahillys served up a cracker. James O Donoghue helped himself to a hat trick of goals, including a dubious enough penalty (!) and was the difference in the end, with Legion coming out on top to upset the odds.

Crokes and Rathmore, and Kenmare District and West Kerry face off tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

80s Child wrote: »
    Edit: that's 5/4, and i backed it. I just couldn't leave it. Also backed Mitchels -3 @ 4/5. My only concern for the 2nd one is the weather, otherwise it should be good.

Best of luck folks!!
    Do you rate Knockmore? Hammered Kiltane in quarters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Galway County Final today, Mountbellew Moylough V Corofin.

One price that really stands out for me is Michael Daly anytime goal at 13/2. Should have a good chance of coming in and is definitely overpriced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork senior hurling final was won by the Glen. They beat SARS by 7 points, 2-17 v 1-13
    I had thought the extra week break would be an advantage for the Glen while sars were playing 3 weeks in a row. They lead at ht by 2 and drove on in the second half and deservedly beat SARS.

Dr Crokes turned over in Kerry County Championship Quarter final today. Likely the bookies will make South Kerry favourites now, but they're very opposable.

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Do you rate Knockmore? Hammered Kiltane in quarters.

Apologies Wexford, didn't see this till now. I wasn't worried about Knockmore to be honest as I've watched Kiltane a few times this year and they've been very laboured, so I wasn't too surprised by the result.

Breaffy turned over Ballintubber exactly how I said they would and it ended up costing me money. They couldn't handle O'Shea at all and their sweeper nullified Cillian. To be honest, I think Ballintubber they looked a bit clueless on the bench. In saying that, Robbie Hennelly pulled off a few great saves near the end when his goal was under pressure.

Mitchels did the job in the handicap, so anyone who threw them in an accum are covered. Knockmore hung in there for about 40 minutes, but the class shone through.

I'd be fearful for Mitchels at the back against Breaffy. They were exposed today at times and only for a few cute fouls, they could have been caught at the back. I think Breaffy will take them in the final. It'll be close, but i fancy them -2. I'll get back closer to the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Same As wrote: »
    Dr Crokes turned over in Kerry County Championship Quarter final today. Likely the bookies will make South Kerry favourites now, but they're very opposable.

South Kerry were very lucky to get past Kilcummin. The fact that they needed a crocked Declan Sull off the bench (still class but you can see all the injuries have seriousy taken their toll) to push them over the line really doesn't inspire confidence. Between that and only stuttering past a Dingle side who were missing their main men in the previous round, I wouldn't be going near South Kerry (especially as it looks like Killian Young will be out with injury) - I'd have them the longest odds of the 4 teams left.

I think the winner of Legion and Rathmore will win it outright - gun to my head I've a sneaking feeling Rathmore will beat Legion - I think Legion are very dependent on their big names (Jameso obviously) whereas Rathmore have more of a balance throughout the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

South Kerry were absolutely septic on Saturday, they will surely be last in the betting?

keane2097 wrote: »
    South Kerry were absolutely septic on Saturday, they will surely be last in the betting?

I was hunching purely on the premise they were second favourites last week behind the Crokes for some reason.

It's now priced 9/4 the pair Legion and Kenmare District, with South Kerry 11/4 and Rathmore 3/1.

I was hunching purely on the premise they were second favourites last week behind the Crokes for some reason.

It's now priced 9/4 the pair Legion and Kenmare District, with South Kerry 11/4 and Rathmore 3/1.

Those prices are with Powers, Boyles make South Kerry and Kenmare both 2/1, Legion and Rathmore 3/1 each..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Those prices are with Powers, Boyles make South Kerry and Kenmare both 2/1, Legion and Rathmore 3/1 each..

Will be having a nibble at Rathmore at 3/1 - I think that's where the value is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is match betting available yet? Will be ploughing into Kenmare on Boyles I suspect.

• Advertisement

Nothing up yet, probably Tues/Wed earliest for this weekends game.

I'd be very interested to see how they price Kenmare v South Kerry to be honest. One thing is Boyles will likely post prices after Powers, and Powers will likely price Kenmare as favourites vs South Kerry. This will more than likely influence the price Boyles put Kenmare in at for the match.

Powers posted prices...

Legion 8/11 Rathmore 11/8 Draw 15/2
    Kenmare 5/6 South Kerry 6/5 Draw 15/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Cargin to beat Lámh Dhearg in the Antrim SFC @ 4/11.

Having easily knocked former AI kingpins and perennial Antrim champs St Gall's off their perch in the QF, plus with John Brennan at the helm (previously won 7 championships with with 5 different clubs across 3 counties) it's hard to see them as anything other than shoe ins for this tie.

I tend to avoid Monaghan football but Scotstown also look certs to beat Monaghan Harps. They're at 1/4 which IMO is quite generous.

Also Paddypower are offering 9/4 for Greenlough to beat Loughinisland. I'd have had Greenlough as favs for this, they breezed through Derry, who's club football is much stronger than in Down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Any Carlow posters here?

I really like the Blues to beat Kilbride in the IFC final at 8/13. Should they be shorter?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

I'm thinking of

Clonmel Commercials -1 in Tipp football 8/11
    Ballygunner -4 in Waterford hurling 8/11
    Thurles Sars Intermediates Tipp hurling 8/13

7/2

Looking for info on these teams separately aswell, its not another treble just heard good things about em and want more opinions please

Legion Kerry football 5/6
    St.Judes Dublin FOOTBALL 8/11
    St.Martins -1 Wexford football 8/13

Cork Sars let me down for €3700 last weekend in my trebles and quads but I had em -3 and they were beat by 7 so cant complain, a mile off.

if anyone can comment on any of those 6 teams its much appreciated, particularly the 3 I'm doing in my treble and the Kerry lads opinions on legion please!!

pablo24 wrote: »

Sars seem short but I'd be confident of the win for Thurles.

They had a good win over St Marys last week in a tight game. Ballinahinch beat Drom in the 1/4 final, and Drom beat Thurles in the mid final, but Thurles never showed up for the second half of that game and should have been more ahead in first half.

Drom lost their best players to Senior also since and weren't as strong a team against Ballinahinch as they were against Thurles.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Ballygunner -4 at 8/11 is skimpy enough, they should win but those odds I don't know.
    Mount leinster rangers ,Ballygunner and St Thomas's treble at 5/4 looks Nailed on

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Any Carlow posters here?

I really like the Blues to beat Kilbride in the IFC final at 8/13. Should they be shorter?

Not from Carlow but getting v good word here too, any more info/reasoning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

pablo24 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of

Clonmel Commercials -1 in Tipp football 8/11
    Ballygunner -4 in Waterford hurling 8/11

7/2

Looking for info on these teams separately aswell, its not another treble just heard good things about em and want more opinions please

Legion Kerry football 5/6
    St.Judes Dublin FOOTBALL 8/11
    St.Martins -1 Wexford football 8/13

Cork Sars let me down for €3700 last weekend in my trebles and quads but I had em -3 and they were beat by 7 so cant complain, a mile off.

if anyone can comment on any of those 6 teams its much appreciated, particularly the 3 I'm doing in my treble and the Kerry lads opinions on legion please!!

Talking to lads here in Dublin who have played against both Judes and Na Fianna (in the league), they would not be in the least bit surprised to see Na Fianna beat Judes and reckon they are the value at 6/4. But the league is a very different animal to championship and Judes are a very experienced side.
    Wouldn't be putting them in any bets myself at 8/11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Scottstown turned over Harps by 7-8 points earlier in the championship I see -4 is evens ,got word from up there a good few lads are getting on it, any1 on here for Monaghan club football ,TG4 showing it too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement