Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

pablo24 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of

Clonmel Commercials -1 in Tipp football 8/11
    Ballygunner -4 in Waterford hurling 8/11
    Thurles Sars Intermediates Tipp hurling 8/13

7/2

Looking for info on these teams separately aswell, its not another treble just heard good things about em and want more opinions please

Legion Kerry football 5/6
    St.Judes Dublin FOOTBALL 8/11
    St.Martins -1 Wexford football 8/13

Cork Sars let me down for €3700 last weekend in my trebles and quads but I had em -3 and they were beat by 7 so cant complain, a mile off.

if anyone can comment on any of those 6 teams its much appreciated, particularly the 3 I'm doing in my treble and the Kerry lads opinions on legion please!!

Moyle Rovers are a serious price . Both sides have Inter County Players from all age levels , but the stand out Player is Peter Acheson of Rovers who will drive them on from the Half Back line , a Lad who would get on most of the top Teams in the Country . This is also a Clonmel Derby so it should be a cracker ! I`m going with Rovers in this one at 2/1 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Sars seem short but I'd be confident of the win for Thurles.

They had a good win over St Marys last week in a tight game. Ballinahinch beat Drom in the 1/4 final, and Drom beat Thurles in the mid final, but Thurles never showed up for the second half of that game and should have been more ahead in first half.

Drom lost their best players to Senior also since and weren't as strong a team against Ballinahinch as they were against Thurles.

Thurles won by 4 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

robbiezero wrote: »
    Talking to lads here in Dublin who have played against both Judes and Na Fianna (in the league), they would not be in the least bit surprised to see Na Fianna beat Judes and reckon they are the value at 6/4. But the league is a very different animal to championship and Judes are a very experienced side.
    Wouldn't be putting them in any bets myself at 8/11.

Na Fianna won by 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Moyle Rovers are a serious price . Both sides have Inter County Players from all age levels , but the stand out Player is Peter Acheson of Rovers who will drive them on from the Half Back line , a Lad who would get on most of the top Teams in the Country . This is also a Clonmel Derby so it should be a cracker ! I`m going with Rovers in this one at 2/1 !

pity rovers lose by pt scoring 3-5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

seanhynes wrote: »
    Scottstown turned over Harps by 7-8 points earlier in the championship I see -4 is evens ,got word from up there a good few lads are getting on it, any1 on here for Monaghan club football ,TG4 showing it too
    Won with their willies out. They face last years AI club finalists Slaughtneil in the quarter finals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I think the winner of Legion and Rathmore will win it outright - gun to my head I've a sneaking feeling Rathmore will beat Legion - I think Legion are very dependent on their big names (Jameso obviously) whereas Rathmore have more of a balance throughout the team.

Legion got the win here, but it was between Kelly in goals and Jameso in terms of who won it for them, with Kelly saving a couple of goal chances (including a penalty) and Jameso getting 6 or 7 points of Legion's 1-12 total as well as making the goal. The penalty save came at a crucial time as Rathmore would have gone 9 points if they had converted it. Penalty was saved and Legion showed plenty of grit to work their way back into the game and finely got the lead turning into the home stretch. Would fancy Legion fairly strongly in the final now - but I wouldn't expect them to be serious challengers in Munster or beyond - they don't have anything like the required strength in depth to be a serious All-Ireland challenger - if they had more to match their 5/6 most talented players they would be a serious outfit but the quality just isn't there as you go down the pecking order of the team/towards the subs bench.

Thurles Sarsfields Inters @ 11/8. Opened 13/8 but only lasted a hour or so. Still value. Would have them closer to evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

Newcastle West seem value at 5/2 vs Clonmel Commercials, anyone have inside knowledge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

How will Navan O'Nahonys get on today very tempted to go for the 1-3 points mark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Would any bookie be taking bets on the Munster Junior Hurling?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Few NAPs

Ulster JFC

Glassdrumman @ 2/7 to beat Michael Davitt's... very fit outfit, have probably one of the best forwards in Down football at the min in Connaire Harrison. Glassdrumman afaik haven't been beaten this year.

Rockcorry @ 1/5 to beat Coa. Rockcorry were in senior football only a few years ago. Due to a small pick tend to struggle when missing men but are way too good for junior. Fermanagh JFC consists of 4 teams so it is hard to judge but Coa did defeat Armagh representatives Tullysaran.

Ulster SFC

Naomh Conaill @ 4/9 to beat Trillick. Tyrone teams tend to struggle in Ulster at this level, Trillick have exceeded all expectations thus far. The element of surprise is gone and the Donegal men have a Tyrone man over them, I'm near sure that will work to their advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Cargin 5/1
    Scotstown 13/10
    loughinisland 11/8
    Navan OMahonys 15/8
    Probably a bit of a tall order but I give each team a good chance.

Took Newcastle West @ 3/1 vs Clonmel Commercials.

Newcastle will be tough to beat if they can replicate that performance that won them the county final

Taking Clough/Ballacolla to beat Oulart the Ballagh @ 9/4 for value.

Rathmore are 4/9 in boyles to beat Ardfert in Kerry Club football.
    They are 1/2 in PP.

Is 4/9 value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

robbiezero wrote: »
    Rathmore are 4/9 in boyles to beat Ardfert in Kerry Club football.
    They are 1/2 in PP.

Is 4/9 value?

If 4/9 is value, then 1/2 is great value!

If 4/9 is value, then 1/2 is great value!

Sorry. They are 1/5 in PP and 2/9 in Stan.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Nemo should win Munster and newcestown will beat clonakenny

Anyone have any info on Wolfe tones/bruree

And the Kerry relegation matches I'm told o rahillys, stacks and rathmore are nailed on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

I will be a****ingmazed if Rahillys, stacks and Rathmore dont win tbh.
    I also strongly fancy Templenoe to beat Glenbeigh Glencar in the junior, it will be tight enough but I can resist at the odds quoted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

1/5 reflect it well, but Stradbally won the county. Don't think they'll be too bothered against Nemo today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

Does anyone rate Clann na nGael chance against Castlebar? 7/2 with PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Does anyone rate Clann na nGael chance against Castlebar? 7/2 with PP

No,I would be shocked if they beat Mitchels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Clann are a very young side - majority are u21. Cant see them being near castlebar this year unfortunately, would be looking at castlebar -4 @ evens.

Austin Stacks not as nailed on as reported earlier - see they are currently 4 down!

Stacks are 3 down with 7 minutes to go, that will be a huge upset, hard to believe they were in an All Ireland club semi final at the start of the year and are now playing to keep senior status

according to radio kerry twitter account there is 15 mins left in the stacks game, going by the kerry gaa twitter acc there is only 2 or 3 mins left.
    Stacks down to 14 men also

Stacks lose by 3, big shock though they do have another bite in the next round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Shocking weather all over the country today lads... Has to be taken into consideration when having a punt.

Big handicaps: Pats +6, Clanna Gael + 4 and rathnew +3..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Fenor vs Ennistimon - Munster JHC SF

Ennistimon exited the Clare championship at the SF stage.

They scraped a win against the Tipp representatives who exited their county championship at the SF stage. They were defeated in the divisional final by 20 points. They were missing two key players on the day aswell and also should have won bar a few bad misses.

Ennistimon were home in this game.

Ennistimon lost their CB through injury in that game.

Fenor have home advantage.

PP opened up today with Fenor at 7/4 they are now 8/15. I still think that price represents value from a betting point of view. I think the real price should be 1/3 or 1/4 at least.

Fenor vs Ennistimon - Munster JHC SF

Ennistimon exited the Clare championship at the SF stage.

They scraped a win against the Tipp representatives who exited their county championship at the SF stage. They were defeated in the divisional final by 20 points. They were missing two key players on the day aswell and also should have won bar a few bad misses.

Ennistimon were home in this game.

Ennistimon lost their CB through injury in that game.

Fenor have home advantage.

PP opened up today with Fenor at 7/4 they are now 8/15. I still think that price represents value from a betting point of view. I think the real price should be 1/3 or 1/4 at least.

Funnily enough, my club are involved in the other semi final :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Funnily enough, my club are involved in the other semi final :pac:

I think Dungourney were probably the value in that at 6/5 when they opened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement