Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

T2daK wrote: »
    I'd avoid Kerry even though i'd regard them favs for sam but Cork -5 11/10 is surely free money on PP.

you really need to stop talking about free money :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

****ing typical, the one time I want Cork to win they blow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    For me today i think the Cork / Mayo game will cover the points total of over 33.5 @ 10/11 with PP, I also like Kerrigan to net a goal anytime @ 11/4 PP - He has hit 3 points in last 2 games and has been very unlucky for goals in both those games. Another bet i did today was both matches over 2.5 goals @ 4.5/1, Kerry should have had 3/4 goals against Limerick last time out but took points instead and i think there are plenty of gaols in the cork game. Gonna put a small bet too on Kerry over 2.5 goals and 3.5 goals 13/8 and 7/2 with Ladbrooks

Heres hoping for goals galore:D:D

Feck Cork anyway - coupon buster!!! :( i thought the over was a cert at half time with 20points in the bag, plus kerry and Limerick should have both scored more than the 1 measley goal:mad:, well at least Cork are gone now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ALTESSE12

Dublin at 10/11 has to be a great price this weekend.

Tyrone old team who I think have flattered in recent weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I don't think that's great value at all.

Dublin don't function when Bernard Brogan doesn't play well - the Leinster final against a pretty weak Wexford showed that.

They're coming up against a team coached by the most tactically astute man in the game who happens to have some really good backs at his disposal as well.

Harte will have a plan to stifle Brogan, and if it works Dublin are sunk. Even if it doesn't they still have potentially enough to get over Dublin with Sean Cavanagh playing the way he did against Roscommon.

It's an interesting game, I wouldn't be very confident from a Dublin POV at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 peter redmond

got sunk with Cork, guess brolly was right in hindsight. everyone that said mayo were spot on fair play to ya. lookin at the fixtures this weekend, dublin not too confident, kilkenny and tipperary could be worth a pun, any suggestions, as the predictions are getting tougher...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-hurling/cork-senior-hurling-championship?ev_oc_grp_ids=8610

11/4 on the Glen seems good. They got to the final last year, have an easy game next, have the best player in the county and half their team is training full time (supposedly)

Darren O'Sullivan 4/1 to be footballer of the year. Could be worth lumping on. Word is he'll be go to go in the semi-final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Darren O'Sullivan 4/1 to be footballer of the year. Could be worth lumping on. Word is he'll be go to go in the semi-final
    He was 25s with paddy power before limerick game!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A patriotic few euro on Waterford to score first, lead at HT and win at 25/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 peter redmond

KevIRL wrote: »
    A patriotic few euro on Waterford to score first, lead at HT and win at 25/1

somehow I just cant see it, kilkenny are just getting going, after waterford win against galway, i dont think waterford will have the same bit between there teeth. Kilkenny will be so motivated this year after last...

really need to make a 100 or 200 euro:D amount this weekend any suggestions apart from lumping it on kilkenny...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

KK to score over 1.5 goals is 8-15. Looks pretty nailed on as Hennessey couldnt catch a cold. PP

Clare minors are supposed to be the best team out there and are 10-11 minus 2 pts v Galway. I have yet to see them play though. Bet365

Fancy Tyrone to beat Dublin too @ 13-8 WH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Seems to be a bit of value in Paddy Powers odds for the opening round of the Laois SFC this weekend.

Portlaoise 1/14 v Ballylinan 7/1 - Draw 12/1
    Graiguecullen 2/9 v Portarlington 7/2- Draw 9/1
    Arles Kilcruise 1/6 v The Rock 9/2- Draw 9/1
    The Heath 3/10 v Mountmellick 11/4 - Draw 8/1
    O'Dempseys 3/10 v Clonaslee St Manmans 11/4 - Draw 8/1
    St. Joseph's 1/2 v Crettyard 15/8 - Draw 7/1
    Stradbally 8/15 v Emo 7/4 - Draw 7/1
    Arles Killeen 4/9 v Timahoe 2/1 - Draw 15/2

O'Dempseys to beat Clonaslee at 3/10 is a great bet. Clonaslee are in turmoil with suspensions and emigration and to my mind haven't a prayer. They didn't take part in the league at all due to lack of numbers. O'Dempseys would be far shorter with me anyway.

Same goes for The Heath to beat Mountmellick at 3/10. The Heath had a pretty poor league finishing second last in Division One but they should have far too much for Mountmellick who didn't have a good Division Two campaign. MM have lost their best player John O'Loughlin to St Brigid's and some of their other good players are currently out of the country.

I'd be putting the above two bets into accumulators.

If I had to pick an outsider for a straight bet, it would be Crettyard at 15/8 to beat Josephs. Joes are ravaged by injuries, suspensions and emigration and although they would traditionally be considered a lot stronger than Cretty, I wouldn't rule out an upset in this game.

The other bet I'll have will be a small few quid on Portarlington to beat Graigue. Graigue are rated rightly by many as the only realistic competition to Portlaoise's 5 in a row bid. Port had an awful league winning only one game out of 11. But they are just starting to get all their players back at the right time and are young and full of potential. I won't recommend the bet as it's more of a hunch thing with me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Tyrone with a handicap (+1) at evens looks good to me for this week.Dubs are really overhyped but will this will surely be a tight game.Il have 50 sheets on that.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

Treble off the Weekend.........

Tyrone @ 6/4
    Ballaghadreen @ 6/4 in Mayo
    Breaffy @ 13/8 in Mayo

16/1 ..............All over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Tyrone with a handicap (+1) at evens looks good to me for this week.Dubs are really overhyped but will this will surely be a tight game.Il have 50 sheets on that.:cool:

As much as I would like to be wrong, this will be my main bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Kilkenny over 2.5 goals @ 6/4 is free money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Dub/ Tyrone over 2.5 goals
    Kil/ W 'ford over 3.5

€50 double pays €105 with Boylesports

Kil/ W 'ford over 3.5

Are you sure it doesn't pay more?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Kil/ W 'ford over 3.5

would think that 3 goals in dub/tyrone is alot to expect as it should be a very tight scrappy game imo.

• Advertisement

Kil/ W 'ford over 3.5

This double pays €187.50 with PP.

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    This double pays €187.50 with PP.

Sorry, stake was €20, cheers

Dublin @ 5/6
    Clare (Min) @ 1/2
    Kilkenny vs Waterford over 2.5 @ 4/9

€40 returns €158

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

Tyrone are great value I would encourage anyone with a few spare euro to throw something on them on the handicap. If they win or draw you win..

Also Kerry -4 is excellent value. Def worth the risk for a 4/1 return on the two of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

To tight of a game to call, although I hope tyrone take it.

A few €2 bets on Joe Mcmahon(25/1), Justin Mcmahon(25/1) and peter harte MoM (16/1)

Derek! wrote: »
    As much as I would like to be wrong, this will be my main bet
    Never been happier to lose a bet :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Putting 1000e on Kerry beating Mayo next weekend, should win bout 300e, very confident they will win

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Putting 1000e on Kerry beating Mayo next weekend, should win bout 300e, very confident they will win

Ya definitely going to happen. Myself, -4 with PP..

Would have to fancy Kerry but I wouldn't say they're a certainty and I definitely wouldn't be lumping on at that price. They've had one teasting game in 3 months of championship football and we all know about they're problems in midfield. Now they could go out and trounce Mayo (as I hope being a kerryman and as we've seen in the past) but just offering a word of caution before placing such a stake.

Of course if you do lump on best of luck and up the kingdom :D

Talk about ****ing typical, Clare 3 points up going into injury time, concede a scrappy goal and last puck of the game comes off the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Kilkenny over 2.5 goals 6/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

So Hesh your two bankers which I put into an accumulator came off but the two outside bets which I didnt back did not come in.

Hope ya made a few quid and lets know ur selections for next weekend ;)
    Seems to be a bit of value in Paddy Powers odds for the opening round of the Laois SFC this weekend.

Portlaoise 1/14 v Ballylinan 7/1 - Draw 12/1
    Graiguecullen 2/9 v Portarlington 7/2- Draw 9/1
    Arles Kilcruise 1/6 v The Rock 9/2- Draw 9/1
    The Heath 3/10 v Mountmellick 11/4 - Draw 8/1
    O'Dempseys 3/10 v Clonaslee St Manmans 11/4 - Draw 8/1
    St. Joseph's 1/2 v Crettyard 15/8 - Draw 7/1
    Stradbally 8/15 v Emo 7/4 - Draw 7/1
    Arles Killeen 4/9 v Timahoe 2/1 - Draw 15/2

O'Dempseys to beat Clonaslee at 3/10 is a great bet. Clonaslee are in turmoil with suspensions and emigration and to my mind haven't a prayer. They didn't take part in the league at all due to lack of numbers. O'Dempseys would be far shorter with me anyway.

Same goes for The Heath to beat Mountmellick at 3/10. The Heath had a pretty poor league finishing second last in Division One but they should have far too much for Mountmellick who didn't have a good Division Two campaign. MM have lost their best player John O'Loughlin to St Brigid's and some of their other good players are currently out of the country.

I'd be putting the above two bets into accumulators.

If I had to pick an outsider for a straight bet, it would be Crettyard at 15/8 to beat Josephs. Joes are ravaged by injuries, suspensions and emigration and although they would traditionally be considered a lot stronger than Cretty, I wouldn't rule out an upset in this game.

The other bet I'll have will be a small few quid on Portarlington to beat Graigue. Graigue are rated rightly by many as the only realistic competition to Portlaoise's 5 in a row bid. Port had an awful league winning only one game out of 11. But they are just starting to get all their players back at the right time and are young and full of potential. I won't recommend the bet as it's more of a hunch thing with me!!

brophy wrote: »
    So Hesh your two bankers which I put into an accumulator came off but the two outside bets which I didnt back did not come in.

Hope ya made a few quid and lets know ur selections for next weekend ;)

Hmm. I was miles out with the two odds against bets though.
    Actually, all 8 favourites won the games.
    Next weekend in Laois is hurling - think I'll pass on that! Don't know enough.

Def LUMPING on Kerry -4 actually haven't been tested yet this year. And Mayo in Croke Park v Kerry....

Weekend Odds

Ballylinan 1/6 v Clonaslee St Manmans 7/2 Draw 10/1
    Emo 4/6 v Crettyard 11/8 Draw 13/2
    Portlaoise 1/7 v Arles Kilcruise 5/1 Draw 9/1
    Graiguecullen 2/5 v Stradbally 12/5 Draw 7/1
    Portarlington 4/7 v The Rock 13/8 Draw 7/1
    Timahoe 4/6 v Mountmellick 11/8 Draw 13/2
    Arles Killeen 4/9 v The Heath 2/1 Draw 15/2
    St. Joseph's 10/11 v O'Dempseys 11/10 Draw 13/2

Football championship 2nd round in Laois this weekend.
    Hard to see any huge value in those prices.
    If I had to pick a couple of the outsiders, Mountmellick and The Heath would be my choices.
    Mountmellick did a lot better than I thought they would in their opening round game v The Heath and Timahoe are not really in any sort of form (lost Division 2 final Monday night to Portlaoise's second team). Could be a slight upset here especially if Pauric Clancy hasn't recovered from a hamstring injury picked up in that league final.
    I tipped The Heath in the first round at 3/10 to beat Mountmellick and although they were far from impressive, they're a solid enough team and 2/1 seems slightly big about them to beat Killeen. Killeen have Kingston, Beano, Donie Brennan and Shane Julian and should win the game but The Heath mightn't have the star names (Laois players Carroll and Booth don't always stand out for them) but will have a better balanced 15.

Galway under 21s +1 thank you very much paddypower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Dont take this personally but I hope ya lose that bet:pac: I reckon Mayo could be good for the +4 or 5 handicap though..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Dont take this personally but I hope ya lose that bet:pac: I reckon Mayo could be good for the +4 or 5 handicap though..

No, wont take it personally, everyone is entitled to their opinion, dont fancy Mayo at all in this one tho, Kerry will be well up for it and arent missing anywhere near the amount of key players Cork were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I put 100 on for Mayo to win the Final (each way) at the beginning of the season. If they beat Kerry, I get around 1k... There will be a party in my house if they do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

No, wont take it personally, everyone is entitled to their opinion, dont fancy Mayo at all in this one tho, Kerry will be well up for it and arent missing anywhere near the amount of key players Cork were.

Oh they certainly will be up for it especially after a year drought not being in the AI final and the past has proven enough of harsh facts between the two counties meetings in the championship. 97,04,05,06.. Mayo convincingly beaten with Kerry coasting in 2nd barely 3rd gear.

However, Mayo have a good record in AI semis and since 96 have only been beaten once at the penultimate stage. Thats 5 semis in 15 years, winning 4 and losing 1... Sentiment isnt everything I suppose but we're not the bridesmaids of the GAA for nowt:pac:

I might have a few quid on the draw myself @ 9/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Wrong thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

A couple of games on in Roscommon this weekend with the opportunity of a lovely double.

Kilmore are 11/8 to beat Kilbride. I'd definitely have kilmore as 5/6 favourites for this. They're a real championship team and are unbeaten from the group stages. They boast a couple of county panelists as well arguably one of the best club players in roscommon in connellan who never performed/got the real chance at county level. Although kilbride will aspire to win this, they'll be happy enough have come out of their group and have retained senior status. I think the venue will also suit kilmore more as they are the more mobile outfit. Kilmore by 3pts for me.

Elphin are a generous 4/6 to beat Roscommon Gaels. County finalists last year, Elphin are so far beating 2nd season syndrome and look a good team. They're a pacy team who work hard and only for the lack of a real of big scoring threat up front they'd be a super team. However i do believe they'll have enough for ros gaels who I reckon are a few years ahead of their time. They've quite a young team and wouldn't be experienced at playing in big games against strong teams in the latter end of the championship. Scoring also seems to be a big problem for them at the moment and I honestly can't see them scoring over 11/12 points. Elphin by 3pts is my shout

Kilmore/Elphin double, €20 returns €79.17

Anyone have a look at the markets for the Kerry/Mayo game yet. Some really interesting ones. I really like the following...

O'Sullivan Specials: Declan to outscore Darren @evens. I think this is a great price. I can't see Darren having another big game but I expect the opposite from Declan who'll gets lots of room off Vaughan. I have Declan as player of the year @6/1 also so really hoping for a massive game from him.

First goal (void if no goal): Left Foot @11/10. Surely this is a decent price considering cooper, declan and darren o sullivan and varley are left footers? Perhaps freeman or donaghy could fck it up but I reckon if there's a goal, cooper will get it.

Kerry-4 lumping free money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I remember reading that around before the Cork game too!

c_man wrote: »
    I remember reading that around before the Cork game too!

Yeah your're right there. I ll be having a wager of some sort on this game but certainly will not be lumping on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gnella

Snacker wrote: »
    Kerry-4 lumping free money

i like this one as well,brosnan will play at wing-back instead of enright with mahoney at centre-back.i feel this will stop mayo raiding through the centre which basically brings the game down to a shoot-out and there will only be 1 winner there,THIS IS KERRY NOT CORK,word is galvin is playing out of his skin in training but head is not right.
    darran sullivan has scored first goal in last 3 games so no need to look any further for that bet.
    really like bet posted here of first goal being left-footed,now that has to be the value bet of the game

Kerry to score first goal and win the match @ 10/11
    €25

I usually hate betting on odds on selections but I feel this one has more than a decent shout. We all know how good the kerry forwards can be and should be now that we're really in the business end of the championship. And if recent history is anything to go by Kerry should see the back of the net on more than one occasion. Mayo on the other hand have only scored 2 goals in their campaign thus far.
    I can see this being a tough game for Kerry (why I'm avoiding the handicap) but one which they will win in the end due to their powerful forwards

I have Kerry backed in quite a few bets for quite a bit of money, but still im hopin for a miracle as a Dublin fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gnella

Derek! wrote: »
    I have Kerry backed in quite a few bets for quite a bit of money, but still im hopin for a miracle as a Dublin fan.

derek,i really believe that mayo v kerry is a massive game for the dubs,they can,i believe,beat mayo in the final but kerry would kick 7 types of **** out of them in the final
    all comments welcome

gnella wrote: »
    derek,i really believe that mayo v kerry is a massive game for the dubs,they can,i believe,beat mayo in the final but kerry would kick 7 types of **** out of them in the final
    all comments welcome
    I dont like it but I have to agree with you :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement