Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Paddy Power currently offering 11/4 on St Mary's Cahirciveen to win the Intermediate football title which looks like really good value to me.

Key man is obviously Bryan Sheehan but they do have a lot of decent footballers for a club at intermediate level.
    Paul O'Donoghue has been around the fringes of the Kerry squad the last while and there are at least 4 more on the team who have been involved with the Kerry Junior team at some stage. A couple of lads would have been involved with Colaiste Na Sceilge when they won the Colleges All-Ireland as well. The worry is an injury to Sheehan and the fact that there isn't a huge amount of squad depth. Also it's hard to get a good idea of what level their opposition will be like, but given Kerry teams' record in this competition over the years, I definitely think 11/4 represents decent value.

St Mary are 1/2 to win the Munster if you are feeling more risk averse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Carrigaline sort of fancy their chances and I believe they are taking it serious.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Paddy Power currently offering 11/4 on St Mary's Cahirciveen to win the Intermediate football title which looks like really good value to me.

Key man is obviously Bryan Sheehan but they do have a lot of decent footballers for a club at intermediate level.
    Paul O'Donoghue has been around the fringes of the Kerry squad the last while and there are at least 4 more on the team who have been involved with the Kerry Junior team at some stage. A couple of lads would have been involved with Colaiste Na Sceilge when they won the Colleges All-Ireland as well. The worry is an injury to Sheehan and the fact that there isn't a huge amount of squad depth. Also it's hard to get a good idea of what level their opposition will be like, but given Kerry teams' record in this competition over the years, I definitely think 11/4 represents decent value.

St Mary are 1/2 to win the Munster if you are feeling more risk averse.

Marys just beat Corofin 4-21 to one point today so I'd imagine their prices might be a cut a touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭shmeee

Thurles Sars are value, big price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

For a bit of interest

Rockcorry 10/11
    Templeport 8/13
    Bundoran 8/13
    Crossmaglen 4/6
    Scotstown 1/3

About 11/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Cuala to beat Clara today. The way they beat the Offaly champs was very impressive given their record in this competition. Clara are a solid team with good hurlers but I don't doubt that Cualas best players are better tha Claras, though Bolger looks like one fir the future.

Colm Cronin, Mark Schutte, the two Treacys, Cian O Callaghan all good to very good hurlers. It'd be time for a dublin team to win Leinster and I think this will be the year.

armaghlad wrote: »
    For a bit of interest

Rockcorry 10/11
    Templeport 8/13
    Bundoran 8/13
    Crossmaglen 4/6
    Scotstown 1/3

About 11/1
    Actually did this bet but included Ratoath and instead of Templeport I had Nemo Rangers. 14/1 happy that I finally didn't get knocked by Trillick!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Marys just beat Corofin 4-21 to one point today so I'd imagine their prices might be a cut a touch.

They actually are out to 3/1 and the Mayo crowd are 11/4??

Anyone know anything bout that??

pablo24 wrote: »
    They actually are out to 3/1 and the Mayo crowd are 11/4??

Anyone know anything bout that??

Hollymount Carramore won the Connaught Final yesterday so are a bit closer to winning this outright - they only have to win 2 more games whereas Marys still have 3 games to play as they still have the Munster final to play

3/1 still looks very generous to me on the basis of the quality throughout of the Marys team, especially given so many have represented Kerry at some level (senior/junior/minor/U21) or would have have played with Colaiste Na Sceilge - who won 1 All-Ireland colleges, lost one and won 4 or 5 Munster colleges in the last decade or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Hollymount Carramore won the Connaught Final yesterday so are a bit closer to winning this outright - they only have to win 2 more games whereas Marys still have 3 games to play as they still have the Munster final to play

3/1 still looks very generous to me on the basis of the quality throughout of the Marys team, especially given so many have represented Kerry at some level (senior/junior/minor/U21) or would have have played with Colaiste Na Sceilge - who won 1 All-Ireland colleges, lost one and won 4 or 5 Munster colleges in the last decade or so.

Who has this priced up lads?
    Cheers

• Advertisement

Paddypower

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EOB32

Paddypower

St Mary's will take some beating at 3/1 as will Templenoe in the All Ireland Junior. Anybody see that priced up anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

You will do well to find any meaningful odds on Templenoe, they are one of the strongest junior winners in a while in kerry imo, if they keep all their players together they will give the intermediate a good rattle next year

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

Scottstown at 3/1 v Cross tomorrow, surely represents great value???

EOB32 wrote: »
    St Mary's will take some beating at 3/1 as will Templenoe in the All Ireland Junior. Anybody see that priced up anywhere?

Paddypower online have Templenoe at 1/25 to beat Coolmeen on Sunday - and it's hard to argue with those odds in my opinion - maybe if you rang them they might give you a price on Templenoe to win the All-Ireland outright although I would say the odds would be pretty poor and the stake very restricted. Totally agree about them being serious contenders for the junior All-Ireland - have a ridiculously strong team of talent to be competing at that level. If they had trained with Kenmare and all the Templenoe players lined out, Kenmare District would have had a very decent chance of winning the county senior in Kerry this year imo.

Any thoughts on the various provincial pre - season comps that commence this weekend?

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

armaghlad wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the various provincial pre - season comps that commence this weekend?

Limerick at 7-1 v Cork in the McGrath , neither side at full fitness , Tipp beat Cork 3 years ago at this stage , worth a Fiver anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Longford to beat Maynooth 7/5 with Bet365. Odds on everywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Longford to beat Maynooth 7/5 with Bet365. Odds on everywhere else

Won by 6 points
    Longford 0-18 NUI Maynooth 1-09

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Has anyone noticed odds for this years Christy Ring cup anywhere? I fancy Antrim but cudnt find prices on pp or boylesports recently.

• Advertisement

For a bit of interest

Cavan
    Armagh
    Fermanagh
    St Mary's
    Tyrone
    Derry

About 40/1 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Roscommon 13/8 is a bit big , I know there now playing in castlebar I think they'll wanna set a marker under Mcstay ,Mayo were not impressive the last two weekends and will be missing a lot of decent players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Anyone know much about Ratoath? St Marys are evens to beat them next weekend in the intermediate semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

seanhynes wrote: »
    Roscommon 13/8 is a bit big , I know there now playing in castlebar I think they'll wanna set a marker under Mcstay ,Mayo were not impressive the last two weekends and will be missing a lot of decent players

HT Roscommon 0-06 Mayo 0-03

They won 0-13 0-10 Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

seanhynes wrote: »
    They won 0-13 0-10 Roscommon

Good call that. As a Mayo man, I wasn't going to go near it!

Couldn't get on them either lost a bomb on the silly foreign sport
    ,365/sky didn't cover it,Paddys I can't use .. Was thinking Roscommon would beat them Mayo played a lot of minors last week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

wonga77 wrote: »
    Anyone know much about Ratoath? St Marys are evens to beat them next weekend in the intermediate semi final.
    My home club.
    It'll be some game. Ratoath had 5 Meath senior players last year with another two added to the panel this year. They've several Meath Juniors and U21s as well. Also the ex Monaghan senior goalkeeper.
    Think Marys probably should be slight favourites given that Ratoath have a very young side, but don't think there'll be much between them.

My home club.
    It'll be some game. Ratoath had 5 Meath senior players last year with another two added to the panel this year. They've several Meath Juniors and U21s as well. Also the ex Monaghan senior goalkeeper.
    Think Marys probably should be slight favourites given that Ratoath have a very young side, but don't think there'll be much between them.

Should be a cracker of a game - would be a major upset if the All-Ireland winner doesn't come from this side of the draw I'd imagine - One thing of note is that Kerry teams have a very strong record overall at this competition compared to Meath teams. I've St Marys backed for overall winner from a bit back so I'm a bit biased.

• Advertisement

St Mary's 2-20 Rathoath 1-5
    Templenoe 1-9 Curraha 0-5

St Mary's roll over Rathoath - sounds like Rathoath never got going from what reports I've seen/what I saw on Twitter and it turned into a bit of a turkey-shoot. Curraha kept it a bit closer against Templenoe.

I'd say both will be close enough to unbackable in the finals. I can see Croke Park in particular suiting Templenoe a bit more than Kilmallock- they're a young fast team who will move the ball well in the open spaces and the firmer sod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement