Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

kerosene wrote: »
    I think wexford 4/9, tyrone 2/5 is a good value double.
    Perhaps Tyrone more solid bet than Wicklow. Good warm up last week against Derry, game is in Tyrone, Cavan have 3 debutants. The Tyrone/Wexford double offers evens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Near sick this afternoon courtesy of Longford footballers. 10xteam accumulator, including a miraculous comeback from Monaghan all won. €10 would have returned €880 odd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

armaghlad wrote: »
    Near sick this afternoon courtesy of Longford footballers. 10xteam accumulator, including a miraculous comeback from Monaghan all won. €10 would have returned €880 odd

I know the feeling. They let me down for a 45/1 accum

Didn't even score in the second half:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

What price were the following teams this weekend with pp please . Monaghan Dublin Meath Tyrone cork

spurshero wrote: »
    What price were the following teams this weekend with pp please . Monaghan Dublin Meath Tyrone cork
    Tyrone were 2/5
    Meath 4/6
    Monaghan 10/11

I didn't do cork or Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

spurshero wrote: »

Cork were 1/2 anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

closcriobh wrote: »
    Cork were 1/2 anyway

Cork were at home

Apologies, read that as 'away'.... Jesus, if the eyesight goes I'm ****ed!!

To the best of my knowledge, all home team wins in Div 1. Could be telling for the season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

80s Child wrote: »
    Cork were at home

Apologies, read that as 'away'.... Jesus, if the eyesight goes I'm ****ed!!

To the best of my knowledge, all home team wins in Div 1. Could be telling for the season!!

Monaghan won away in Roscommon.

cocoman wrote: »
    Monaghan won away in Roscommon.

I sit corrected! Who have Cork next?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Away to Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Your man David Jennings in the RP isn't a bad tipster for the GAA. Always keep an eye on his picks and yesterday he had 5/7 I think with Offaly, Monaghan -1, Galway -1 and Louth -5 all coming in. He had a good shout on Donegal winning easy against Down on Saturday too. Not a bad read if you're undecided about a few selections.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Your man David Jennings in the RP isn't a bad tipster for the GAA. Always keep an eye on his picks and yesterday he had 5/7 I think with Offaly, Monaghan -1, Galway -1 and Louth -5 all coming in. He had a good shout on Donegal winning easy against Down on Saturday too. Not a bad read if you're undecided about a few selections.....

Assuming this doesn't get posted online and is only in the RP backpages?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Same As wrote: »
    Assuming this doesn't get posted online and is only in the RP backpages?

Not sure to be honest, I very rarely use their website, it's the one paper I buy on both Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Anyone have any thoughts on the junior club decider this weekend? Glenmore vs Coleraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EOB32

Anybody got any tips on the Sigerson today? Team news hard to come by

Anyone have any thoughts on the junior club decider this weekend? Glenmore vs Coleraine?
    Coleraine are fairly strong for junior level. They have a number of Derry county football players in the team who reached the SFC final and were narrowly beaten by Slaughtneil. In that sense they'd be a fairly fit side as they began their Ulster hurling campaign a few weeks after that defeat.

They are probably more of an intermediate side, however Derry has a bit of an odd club championship set up - 8 clubs who all play SHC - two of whom (Coleraine and Na Magha) are nowhere near senior standard. AFAIK Coleraine and Na Magha alternate each year as to who will represent the county at Junior/intermediate, as there is no IHC or JHC in Derry. This year is Coleraine's year at Junior and they fluked one or two wins in the early rounds.

I can't speak for Glenmore other than they are a Kilkenny team with proven pedigree, former AI SHC winners I believe? So hard to look past that. What odds are on offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Tis very hard to oppose kk at any grade in hurling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

For anyone whose interested, the All Ireland junior and intermediate football club finals, involving Templenoe and St. Mary's Caherciveen will be broadcasted live from Croke Park on Irish TV, sky channel 191 from 2:30 pm on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭blackcard

You would have to fancy Glenmore even though they will be missing Ger Aylward who won an all-star last year. They also have Eoin Murphy who plays in goal for Kilkenny but will play in the forwards for Glenmore. Alan Murphy won a minor all ireland with Kilkenny in 2014. Afaik, Kilkenny teams have won this competition 12 of the last 13 years. I would also fancy Bennettsbridge in the Intermediate Final if the weather is okay , they play a lovely brand of hurling

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Mary I v Ul in fitzgibbon cup 2pm Thursday
    Mary i favourites but missibg Cian Lynch
    Just checked UL backed into evens now

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

sasta le wrote: »

UL missing Tony Kelly, out for 8 weeks with an ankle injury in training. Tough game to call

langer91 wrote: »
    UL missing Tony Kelly, out for 8 weeks with an ankle injury in training. Tough game to call

True.mary i were bigger favourites last week which was strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭shmeee

sasta le wrote: »

Mary I @ 10/11 is the bet. Even better wait for the handicaps tomorrow, get -1 @ 6/5.

They have a cracking panel.

When you say UL backed into evens? What do you mean, I didn't see one price movement on the match for either team yet. Boyles go 5/4 on UL.

shmeee wrote: »
    Mary I @ 10/11 is the bet. Even better wait for the handicaps tomorrow, get -1 @ 6/5.

They have a cracking panel.

When you say UL backed into evens? What do you mean, I didn't see one price movement on the match for either team yet. Boyles go 5/4 on UL.

Evens with powers

Any sign of the Dublin team to play Mayo this weekend?? Thinking of having a good punt on Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

80s Child wrote: »
    Any sign of the Dublin team to play Mayo this weekend?? Thinking of having a good punt on Dublin.

Normally they announce the 15 (no subs) on the Friday night.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Normally they announce the 15 (no subs) on the Friday night.

Thanks. I'm going to look for more word on the Mayo setup and I'll get back to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

A bad start last week with Sligo going down to Clare; score to date 0/1

This week's run only identifies 1 game, Louth to cover the spread against Waterford.

(Model output for Team A; PP spread is for Team B)

Team A|Team B|Model output|PP spread
    Mayo | Dublin |
    Armagh | Laois |
    Cavan | Derry |
    London | Carlow |
    Donegal | Cork |
    Kerry | Roscommon |
    Monaghan | Down |
    Fermanagh | Meath |
    Galway | Tyrone |
    Kildare | Offaly |
    Longford | Limerick |
    Sligo | Westmeath |
    Tipperary | Clare |
    Antrim | Wexford |
    Leitrim | Wicklow |
    Waterford | Louth |

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

laoisman11 wrote: »
    A bad start last week with Sligo going down to Clare; score to date 0/1

(Model output for Team A; PP spread is for Team B)

Team A|Team B|Model output|PP spread
    Sligo | Westmeath |

Sligo were without Kelly, Breheny and Marren last week - three of their better scoring forwards. From what Eamon O'Hara was saying on the RTE radio it sounds like they could be missing them for a while. Would account for their low score against Clare, and a difference of 2.6 might be enough (with rounding!) to go for Westmeath?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement