Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Boyles have KK to win 1A at 5/2 still.

They go KK 4/9 and Galway 8/13 in the individual games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

KevIRL wrote: »
    Boyles have KK to win 1A at 5/2 still.

They go KK 4/9 and Galway 8/13 in the individual games

They've changed it! Great spot! Got on just before they did it!

Forgot the bonus of KK win and draw in Waterford game would be enough for KK to top 1A. Bets a good un

KevIRL wrote: »
    Forgot the bonus of KK win and draw in Waterford game would be enough for KK to top 1A. Bets a good un

Didn't Waterford beat KK? The rules on that would have been on head to head so a Waterford win would have ****ed it!

A nice touch though, cheers!

80s Child wrote: »
    Didn't Waterford beat KK? The rules on that would have been on head to head so a Waterford win would have ****ed it!

A nice touch though, cheers!

Yep, the bet as laid out relied on a KK/Galway double. It did have the added insurance of a KK/Galway draw though which was needed. Didn't think our (Waterford) bench strength was so strong....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I know I tipped them before (and it didn't exactly work out that well - they had a massively poor day against Wexford) but the Kerry hurlers are 13/8 to beat Laois in the relegation playoff.

Kerry have beaten Laois already in the league (by 7 points in Laois) and beat Offaly away last Sunday.

Laois have improved their lineup in terms of getting players back and they did put up a decent performance against Wexford by all accounts (however I think this was largely driven by a backlash from their utter humiliation against Limerick the week before where Limerick racked up a total of 6-29) so overall I think there is value in Kerry at that price given how much they will want to make up for the Wexford fiasco in front of their home fans and how much they will want to hold on to their place in division 1B after working so hard to get up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Bet uimhir a haon:

Dublin
    Cavan
    Cork
    Derry
    Tyrone
    Mayo
    All to win in an accumulator

Bet uimhir a do:

Dublin
    Cork
    Tyrone
    Derry
    Cavan
    Roscommon
    All to win in an accumulator

Heart says Rossies, head says Rossies.

Cillian O Connor still out, Castlebar Mitchell's returnees won't be in great shape mentally after Paddy's Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

What odds did you get on those two accumulators

kala85 wrote: »
    What odds did you get on those two accumulators

43/1 but I included Andy Keogh as a first goalscorer for the upcoming Perth Glory match. He's on fire.

22/1 on the second which I had down as a sixfolds from seven. This includes Andy Keogh to score anytime and Perth Glory to win in a wincast.

If Donegal beat Dublin, I'm quitting gambling lol

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭biffo2014

Havent posted in a while and haven't betted in a while but going big on the following three for the weekend.

Monaghan v Kerry
    Cannot believe Kerry are priced at Evens in most places. I know they are away from home but Kerry are starting to hit championship form and lose this game and they could be in the shake up for relegation. Monaghan rely to much on McManus - they need another top forward to start competing with the big 4.

Kerry to win at Evens - but it will be tight

Roscommon v Mayo
    Roscommon have beaten 3 of the previous 4 AI Champs - tis time to start taken notice of them. They have been consistently good this year. McStay will love nothing more than to relegate Mayo after they ignored him TWICE! Mayo are not on form and the castlebar lads will take a couple of weeks to get into the swing of county Football.

Roscommon to win at 5/2

Offaly v Westmeath
    I am been biased but hear me out. My number one betting rule is - dont bet on Offaly, Liverpool and Man UTD.
    But I am making an exception this time. Offaly have been slowly improving under Pat Flanagan - the same Pat that westmeath got rid off and have been in free fall ever since. Cribbin is not up to standard and Leinster semi final last year aside have been extremely poor.
    If Offaly win they will be soo close to promotion while Westmeath will be more less facing their third relegation in a row - Div 1 to Div 4 in 3 years!! This is also in Mullingar and Offaly will love nothing more than to rub salt into our neighbours wounds.

Offaly to win at 2/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

biffo2014 wrote: »
    Havent posted in a while and haven't betted in a while but going big on the following three for the weekend.

Monaghan v Kerry
    Cannot believe Kerry are priced at Evens in most places. I know they are away from home but Kerry are starting to hit championship form and lose this game and they could be in the shake up for relegation. Monaghan rely to much on McManus - they need another top forward to start competing with the big 4.

Roscommon v Mayo
    Roscommon have beaten 3 of the previous 4 AI Champs - tis time to start taken notice of them. They have been consistently good this year. McStay will love nothing more than to relegate Mayo after they ignored him TWICE! Mayo are not on form and the castlebar lads will take a couple of weeks to get into the swing of county Football.

Roscommon to win at 5/2

Offaly v Westmeath
    I am been biased but hear me out. My number one betting rule is - dont bet on Offaly, Liverpool and Man UTD.
    But I am making an exception this time. Offaly have been slowly improving under Pat Flanagan - the same Pat that westmeath got rid off and have been in free fall ever since. Cribbin is not up to standard and Leinster semi final last year aside have been extremely poor.
    If Offaly win they will be soo close to promotion while Westmeath will be more less facing their third relegation in a row - Div 1 to Div 4 in 3 years!! This is also in Mullingar and Offaly will love nothing more than to rub salt into our neighbours wounds.

Offaly to win at 2/1

Where are you getting Roscommon to win @ 5/2? cos I'll have some of that please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

biffo2014 wrote: »

Monaghan v Kerry

I do think there is value in Kerry at evens - at the moment it looks like only there will only be 3 Kerry players missing through injury - Maher, Sheehan, and James O'Donoghue, which is a significant improvement on previous rounds where Kerry were missing 10 plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭biffo2014

Where are you getting Roscommon to win @ 5/2? cos I'll have some of that please?

Apologies - there hovering around 7/4. Dont know where I got 5/2, do sometimes zone out when typing. Still good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I do think there is value in Kerry at evens - at the moment it looks like only there will only be 3 Kerry players missing through injury - Maher, Sheehan, and James O'Donoghue, which is a significant improvement on previous rounds where Kerry were missing 10 plus.

in Monaghan, wouldn't touch it

It's in Blaney, where Monaghan never win.

Still wouldn't touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Would love to see where someone got Roscommon at 7/4. As far as I can see they opened up at even money and have drifted slightly to 5/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

wardides wrote: »
    Would love to see where someone got Roscommon at 7/4. As far as I can see they opened up at even money and have drifted slightly to 5/4.

Yeah 13/10 at boyles being the biggest I have seen but a quick scan of Oddschecker would indicate they are drifting slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

2 rounds to go, might as well finish what I started……….
    Tally to date: 2 out of 6
    • Tyrone to beat Armagh by > 3 points
    • Cavan to beat Laois by > 2 points
    • Sligo to beat Limerick by > 2 points

Team A|Team B|Model output|PP spread
    Dublin | Donegal |
    Tyrone | Armagh |
    Cork | Down |
    Monaghan | Kerry |
    Roscommon | Mayo |
    Cavan | Laois |
    Derry | Meath |
    Galway | Fermanagh |
    Clare | Longford |
    Sligo | Limerick |
    Westmeath | Offaly |
    Tipperary | Kildare |
    Waterford | London |
    Leitrim | Carlow |
    Louth | Wexford |
    Wicklow | Antrim |

Going to have Tyrone, Galway, Cavan, Cork and Sligo.

They're all playing for something bar Tyrone from a quick glance.

80s Child wrote: »
    Going to have Tyrone, Galway, Cavan, Cork and Sligo.

They're all playing for something bar Tyrone from a quick glance.

When you predict your own downfall.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Galway look the bankers today but v short , would be wary about Sligo there could be a kick in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Galway (2/9) & Rossie (6/4) double for a bit of interest.

Galway look the bankers today but v short , would be wary about Sligo there could be a kick in Limerick

Went backing again with Cork, Galway and Cavan. Left out Sligo. Such a weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Clare look massive value to me @ 11-2 ht-ft in the hurling on Sunday at home to Tipp. They have nothing to lose really after getting promoted

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

I think Limerick ht/ft at 3/1 is very good. That Limerick Clare match was 100 times better (in terms of intensity and skill) than the kk/Dublin match and still Dublin didn't even look like winning. I think Limerick are a better team and should win this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Warper wrote: »
    Clare look massive value to me @ 11-2 ht-ft in the hurling on Sunday at home to Tipp. They have nothing to lose really after getting promoted
    big injury list though, david mc is a big loss for them

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

Cavan and Sligo came through last weekend but Tyrone couldn't complete the job.

Tally to date : 4 out of 9

As mentioned at the start, I do not consider games where one or both teams have nothing to play for at the end of the league. For that reason, I will not consider the Mayo-Down game. Otherwise, only 1 game stands out, Wicklow to beat London by more than 1. True, neither team have anything to play for, but that could be said about a lot of games in Div 4.

Team A|Team B|Model output|PP spread
    Kerry | Cork |
    Mayo | Down |
    Monaghan | Donegal |
    Roscommon | Dublin |
    Armagh | Derry |
    Cavan | Galway |
    Fermanagh | Tyrone |
    Laois | Meath |
    Kildare | Clare |
    Limerick | Offaly |
    Longford | Westmeath |
    Sligo | Tipperary |
    Antrim | Louth |
    London | Wicklow |
    Waterford | Leitrim |
    Wexford | Carlow |

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

PP have Kilkenny -11 at 11/10, 365 have them -14 at 21/20, probably a bet in there for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    PP have Kilkenny -11 at 11/10, 365 have them -14 at 21/20, probably a bet in there for someone.

Easy scalp there, KK - 13 is 2.63 with PP and Offaly +14 1.83 with 365.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Same As wrote: »
    Easy scalp there, KK - 13 is 2.63 with PP and Offaly +14 1.83 with 365.

Offaly +14 10/11 is available with BetVictor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement