Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I know I tipped them before (and it didn't exactly work out that well - they had a massively poor day against Wexford) but the Kerry hurlers are 13/8 to beat Laois in the relegation playoff.

Kerry have beaten Laois already in the league (by 7 points in Laois) and beat Offaly away last Sunday.

Laois have improved their lineup in terms of getting players back and they did put up a decent performance against Wexford by all accounts (however I think this was largely driven by a backlash from their utter humiliation against Limerick the week before where Limerick racked up a total of 6-29) so overall I think there is value in Kerry at that price given how much they will want to make up for the Wexford fiasco in front of their home fans and how much they will want to hold on to their place in division 1B after working so hard to get up there.

Kerry 2-27 Laois 1-19 FT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

anything else stand out today lads or keeping powder dry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

KK handicap is gone to 11 v offaly presumably due to tj Reid not starting. I think they will still beat this in front of their home crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Fancy donegal today at 11/10

robbiezero wrote: »
    KK handicap is gone to 11 v offaly presumably due to tj Reid not starting. I think they will still beat this in front of their home crowd.

You could have waited outside the church in any village in kilkenny and picked the first 15 lads that came out and they would have beaten offaly.
    Easy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Judging by the score you could have waited outside any pub in Kilkenny...

wonga77 wrote: »
    Judging by the score you could have waited outside any pub in Kilkenny...

Old folks home even.

Whats weather like in Armagh today? 29.5 could be high in u21 final tonight if weather is bad. Will leave it if not as both teams have scored well in previous rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Whats weather like in Armagh today? 29.5 could be high in u21 final tonight if weather is bad. Will leave it if not as both teams have scored well in previous rounds.
    Rain and hailstones earlier. Blustery and pitch may be heavy. Could be a low scoring affair alright.

armaghlad wrote: »
    Rain and hailstones earlier. Blustery and pitch may be heavy. Could be a low scoring affair alright.

Cheers. Bet won comfortably. Finished at 24 points total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Cheers. Bet won comfortably. Finished at 24 points total.

A good shout that and something we should really be keeping an eye on more!!

80s Child wrote: »

Ya, weather and ground conditions are a big factor in total scores.
    Both Munster minor hurling matches also finished well below their total points lines of 37.5. Didn't go near them as minor hurling can be very unpredictable.

80s Child wrote: »
    There's a guy on twitter. I haven't been following him too closely but he seems to nail these over/under scores. @gaambler I think is his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭factnee

There's a guy on twitter. I haven't been following him too closely but he seems to nail these over/under scores. @gaambler I think is his name.

That is his name. He called it wrong last night though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Anyone fancy Clare against Kilkenny in the hurling?

Good value at 13/5 with Bet 365 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

Great value to beat a 'functional' team

factnee wrote: »
    That is his name. He called it wrong last night though.
    What did he call last night? The last I saw him was when he called Cavan over 15.5 points v Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭factnee

What did he call last night? The last I saw him was when he called Cavan over 15.5 points v Galway

He said that Tyrone/Monaghan would be over 24.5 points last night and that Tyrone would win by 1-3

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

Wicklow came through last weekend; current tally 5/10

Nothing here for me (and I think they will be two tight games).

Team A|Team B|Model output|PP spread
    Dublin | Donegal |
    Kerry | Roscommon |

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Under 35,5 5/6 with Betfair for kerry v roscommon.

• Advertisement

factnee wrote: »
    He said that Tyrone/Monaghan would be over 24.5 points last night and that Tyrone would win by 1-3
    Well he must be a bit stupid. U21 is too unpredictable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Am I correct in stating that 2016 football semi finals are already set as Ulster v Connacht , Munster v Leinster , therefore assuming dubs and kingdom win respective provincials and qtrs then they cannot meet in final ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Am I correct in stating that 2016 football semi finals are already set as Ulster v Connacht , Munster v Leinster , therefore assuming dubs and kingdom win respective provincials and qtrs then they cannot meet in final ??

Correct and I also think it will be at the back of their minds when they meet in the league final in a couple of weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Lads Local GAA

I've an interest in a few games in Tipp

Anyone have any opinions on:

Portroe v Lorrha

&

Toomevara v Holycross

I fancy Port and Toome myself but want to see does anyone have any opinions agreeing or disagreeing with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Couple of Senior & Intermediate Club Championship matches in Kerry this weekend.

In the Senior Club Championship, Austin Stacks will be looking to reverse the outcome of this same fixture in last years county championship relegation play-off against Milltown-Castlemaine. The odds are skinny enough, but one for an accumulator.

Rahillys & Legion met in the county league already this year and Rahillys were comfortable winners. Legion likely will be without JOD again and it's hard to see them reversing the result without him. They've had some excellent games in the last 1-2 years, but I'll be on Rahillys this time.

Dingle Rathmore is a no bet for me personally. The two will be facing each other in the County Championship in May and this game could really go either way. The form book so far this season points to a Dingle win given their strong start to the county league, however they've got a few injury worries.

Crokes look to be a penalty kick on paper against Kilcummin but the odds are prohibitive. Crokes are back motoring under Pat O Shea and I'm already on them for the outright county championship.

Intermediate Club Championship is extremely competitive again this year. The standout for me in this round is An Ghaeltacht to beat Laune Rangers. Rangers are regressing and Ghaeltacht have a nice crop of young quality players coming through and I'll expect them to come through here.

In the other intermediate games, Desmonds should have too much for Brosna, and Templenoe will be expected to overcome Glenflesk following their strong start to the county league, including a win over Rahillys.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Also lads,

anyone know anything about Monaghan under 21 footballers the weekend, cork are strong anyway and I'm thinking of a bet on em.
    if theres anyone up north on here ye might let us know!

cheers!!

pablo24 wrote: »
    Also lads,

anyone know anything about Monaghan under 21 footballers the weekend, cork are strong anyway and I'm thinking of a bet on em.
    if theres anyone up north on here ye might let us know!

cheers!!
    They won Ulster minor 3 years ago I think... and defeated the AI champions. One or two senior players think one of the forwards (McGinn?) starts for the senior team

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

Yes I strongly advise with toome and Port. Ballingarry are another team to back in my opinion.

Rest of the games are of no value or too dodgy.

In football I expect Moyle Rovers, Arravale Rovers and Drom to win, no opinion on whos going to win on the other games.

Bit of a move with PP on Glyn Barntown vs St Annes. Glyn gone into 4/7 from 7/4 last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Couple of Senior & Intermediate Club Championship matches in Kerry this weekend.

In the Senior Club Championship, Austin Stacks will be looking to reverse the outcome of this same fixture in last years county championship relegation play-off against Milltown-Castlemaine. The odds are skinny enough, but one for an accumulator.

Rahillys & Legion met in the county league already this year and Rahillys were comfortable winners. Legion likely will be without JOD again and it's hard to see them reversing the result without him. They've had some excellent games in the last 1-2 years, but I'll be on Rahillys this time.

Dingle Rathmore is a no bet for me personally. The two will be facing each other in the County Championship in May and this game could really go either way. The form book so far this season points to a Dingle win given their strong start to the county league, however they've got a few injury worries.

Crokes look to be a penalty kick on paper against Kilcummin but the odds are prohibitive. Crokes are back motoring under Pat O Shea and I'm already on them for the outright county championship.

Intermediate Club Championship is extremely competitive again this year. The standout for me in this round is An Ghaeltacht to beat Laune Rangers. Rangers are regressing and Ghaeltacht have a nice crop of young quality players coming through and I'll expect them to come through here.

In the other intermediate games, Desmonds should have too much for Brosna, and Templenoe will be expected to overcome Glenflesk following their strong start to the county league, including a win over Rahillys.

Not bad, aside from the Legion vs Rahillys match, a one point loss for Rahillys who'll feel they left that one behind them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement