Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Was looking at the Hurler of The Year betting this morning, Conor McGrath and Colm Galvin stood out as great value at 66/1 with Boyles and Ladbrokes. McGrath has since been cut to 33/1 but Galvin is still 66/1, he's 25/1 with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Was looking at the Hurler of The Year betting this morning, Conor McGrath and Colm Galvin stood out as great value at 66/1 with Boyles and Ladbrokes. McGrath has since been cut to 33/1 but Galvin is still 66/1, he's 25/1 with PP.

That's a great price. Will throw a fiver on this myself if I get a chance as I don't have a Ladbrokes account.

The thing with the hurler of the year is that you're basically betting on the county first of all, if your player doesn't reach the All Ireland final (and usually win it) then they have no chance really (Dan Shanahan won in 07 despite just getting to the semi final but that really is just an outlier as he was just outrageously good that season)

Given what we've seen of Clare so far I think they have as good a chance as anyone bar Kilkenny of reaching the All Ireland. Also Galvin operating at centre forward yesterday hit 5 points from play which looks very promising. He'll probably end up at midfield when Tony Kelly gets back but he's still more than capable of excelling out there. Class hurler playing for a team that look like they're on the up. Good bet.

That's a great price. Will throw a fiver on this myself if I get a chance as I don't have a Ladbrokes account.

The thing with the hurler of the year is that you're basically betting on the county first of all, if your player doesn't reach the All Ireland final (and usually win it) then they have no chance really (Dan Shanahan won in 07 despite just getting to the semi final but that really is just an outlier as he was just outrageously good that season)

Given what we've seen of Clare so far I think they have as good a chance as anyone bar Kilkenny of reaching the All Ireland. Also Galvin operating at centre forward yesterday hit 5 points from play which looks very promising. He'll probably end up at midfield when Tony Kelly gets back but he's still more than capable of excelling out there. Class hurler playing for a team that look like they're on the up. Good bet.

Galvin into 25/1 with Ladbrokes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Personal Fancies for the coming days

Tipp minor footballers - 4/11 but hopefully a handicap market opens up later today for -1 or -2, barring a few flat spells v cork they acquitted themselves very well and could even have snuck the game another day, playing what Im told is a poor Limerick team that lost to Clare by a point in the first round, 4/11 is value as Tipp should be around 1/5 IMO

Carrigaline to beat St.Nicks in cork Senior football - 4/9 Carrigalines form this year in the league has been very poor (Lost 5/5) but they have not had near a full team yet this year and are operating in Division 2 while their opponents (St.Nicks) are in division 4 and struggling, Nicks always manage to win one game to stay up senior historically but with relegation not a threat this year and Carrigaline being the new team up from intermediate and looking to build on their start I can see them coming through this test and are a bet for me at 4/9

There are lots of games on this weekend, Tipp/Kilkenny/Galway & Dublin hurling championships and Limerick/Kerry & Cork football championships as far as I know, please share yer fancies and inside on info on any local GAA games this weekend as it is a market I find considerable profit can be made on as you cant beat local knowledge. It has been very good to me doing 3-5 team accums the past few years, cheers lads and thanks in advance for yer input.

Personal Fancies for the coming days

Tipp minor footballers - 4/11 but hopefully a handicap market opens up later today for -1 or -2, barring a few flat spells v cork they acquitted themselves very well and could even have snuck the game another day, playing what Im told is a poor Limerick team that lost to Clare by a point in the first round, 4/11 is value as Tipp should be around 1/5 IMO

Carrigaline to beat St.Nicks in cork Senior football - 4/9 Carrigalines form this year in the league has been very poor (Lost 5/5) but they have not had near a full team yet this year and are operating in Division 2 while their opponents (St.Nicks) are in division 4 and struggling, Nicks always manage to win one game to stay up senior historically but with relegation not a threat this year and Carrigaline being the new team up from intermediate and looking to build on their start I can see them coming through this test and are a bet for me at 4/9

There are lots of games on this weekend, Tipp/Kilkenny/Galway & Dublin hurling championships and Limerick/Kerry & Cork football championships as far as I know, please share yer fancies and inside on info on any local GAA games this weekend as it is a market I find considerable profit can be made on as you cant beat local knowledge. It has been very good to me doing 3-5 team accums the past few years, cheers lads and thanks in advance for yer input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

Last post on this until I go back and figure out where it all went wrong :confused:

Nothing of interest coming up for the finals; I would have expected a bigger spread offered by the bookies in the Division 1 and 2 finals, but they are very similar to what the model is predicting.

Team A|Team B|Model output|PP spread
    Antrim | Louth |
    Kildare | Clare |
    Tyrone | Cavan |
    Dublin | Kerry |

Does anybody have any team info or insights into the following games?
    A few teams that have been recommended to me or that I fancy myself.
    Looking for more opinions and info so I can rule them in/out

Galway

Tynagh Abbey 1/4
    Gort 1/3
    Kilimordaly 8/13

Dublin

Na Fianna 1/4
    St.Judes 3/10

Tipp

Nenagh 8/13
    Clonoulty 3/10

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

pablo24 wrote: »

Dublin

Na Fianna 1/4
    St.Judes 3/10

I can only comment on the Judes game and I think those odds are poor. Both sides met in the same stage of championship last year and it was very close. Crumlin had the better start and were right in the game until two late Judes goals finished them off and flattered the scoreline.

Crumlin are going well this year having recently beaten Craobh Ciaran away in the league which is never easy. Judes are very strong defensively and have a huge asset in Danny Suthcliffe although they are also very reliant on him.

The match is in O'Toole Park which both teams will be very familiar with. I think Judes will win but it will be very close and certainly not worth the 3/10 odds given. 5/6 Judes would be a fairer price.

turniphead wrote: »

Dublin

Na Fianna 1/4
    St.Judes 3/10

I can only comment on the Judes game and I think those odds are poor. Both sides met in the same stage of championship last year and it was very close. Crumlin had the better start and were right in the game until two late Judes goals finished them off and flattered the scoreline.

Crumlin are going well this year having recently beaten Craobh Ciaran away in the league which is never easy. Judes are very strong defensively and have a huge asset in Danny Suthcliffe although they are also very reliant on him.

The match is in O'Toole Park which both teams will be very familiar with. I think Judes will win but it will be very close and certainly not worth the 3/10 odds given. 5/6 Judes would be a fairer price.

Judes are playing st pats palmerstown, not crumlin?
    crumlin are playing brigids...

any thoughts differently on judes against palmerstown?

Judes are playing st pats palmerstown, not crumlin?
    crumlin are playing brigids...

any thoughts differently on judes against palmerstown?[/quote]

Ha. Apologies. Read the fixture list wrong. Yeah Judes should beat Pats handy enough. 3/10 very fair price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

A few teams that have been recommended to me or that I fancy myself.
    Looking for more opinions and info so I can rule them in/out

Galway

Tynagh Abbey 1/4
    Gort 1/3
    Kilimordaly 8/13

Dublin

Na Fianna 1/4
    St.Judes 3/10

Tipp

Nenagh 8/13
    Clonoulty 3/10

On the Galway ones, All three should win but Gort is the one I'd be least confident of. Cashel have plenty of good hurlers and while Gort should still win it's the most one I'd be wary of.

Kilimordaly will beat Kiltormer easily and 8/13 is a good price, should be closer to 1/3 I think.

TAD should be too strong for Carnmore who along with Kiltormer would look to be favourites to go down given that the two promoted teams can't be relegated.

I'd also expect Mullagh 8/13 to beat Athenry.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

My 36.7/1 accumulator for the weekend with PP -
    Cuala 4/9 Vs Kilmacud
    An Rinn 2/5 vs Gaultier
    Carrigaline 4/9 Vs St. Nicks
    Portumna 4/7 vs Craughwell
    Cill Na Martra 1/2 Vs Bandon
    Kildorrery 1/3 Vs Clonakilty
    Glanworth 4/6 Vs Glenville
    Dublin (-3) Vs Kerry 7/5
    Very confident with all these picks apart from Dublin (-3)
    In relation to the 4 Cork games that I've listed, I'd be shocked if any of these teams lose

hurler97 wrote: »
    My 36.7/1 accumulator for the weekend with PP -
    Cuala 4/9 Vs Kilmacud
    An Rinn 2/5 vs Gaultier
    Carrigaline 4/9 Vs St. Nicks
    Portumna 4/7 vs Craughwell
    Cill Na Martra 1/2 Vs Bandon
    Kildorrery 1/3 Vs Clonakilty
    Glanworth 4/6 Vs Glenville
    Dublin (-3) Vs Kerry 7/5
    Very confident with all these picks apart from Dublin (-3)
    In relation to the 4 Cork games that I've listed, I'd be shocked if any of these teams lose

My main concern would be Cuala v Crokes game. Fair enough Cuala are favourites but not at that price. Very good value in Crokes at 11/5 with Boyles (15/8 with PP)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

bd5e8372dc3c6456061299728b53de62.png

First round of the Club football in Limerick this weekend. These 3 should win. On the Treble

O'Tooles v Lucan on Saturday.

Think O'Tooles are well worth a bet at 8/11. Lucan have lost all 3 league games this year.

Double with St. Judes is about 11/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Fancy a double in the Kilkenny club this weekend. Lisdowney 11/5 v Carrickshock and Bennetsbridge 6/4 v James Stephens.

Carrickshock came down from Senior last year and apart from their current and former county players, they are a poor side. They will be heavily reliant on John Power. Lisdowney are a much more balanced side and I expect them to win by 4-5 points. Carrickshock lads were at a wedding yesterday as well.

Bennestsbridge have won Junior and Intermediate in the last two years and I fancy them to give Senior a good rattle. James Stephens have a few injury worries also.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Cavan v Tyrone under 33.5. Mainly because it's 2 ulster teams but also just seen the league meeting had only 18 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

sboyle01 wrote: »
    Cavan v Tyrone under 33.5. Mainly because it's 2 ulster teams but also just seen the league meeting had only 18 points.

I'd be slow enough about this one.
    Both games yesterday went well over the points line. Perfect conditions and in Croker. Both teams have been scoring well in the league.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Going with Tyrone to win and both teams to score a goal 5/2

And

Dublin to win both teams to score a goal 2/1

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Fancy a double in the Kilkenny club this weekend. Lisdowney 11/5 v Carrickshock and Bennetsbridge 6/4 v James Stephens.

Carrickshock came down from Senior last year and apart from their current and former county players, they are a poor side. They will be heavily reliant on John Power. Lisdowney are a much more balanced side and I expect them to win by 4-5 points. Carrickshock lads were at a wedding yesterday as well.

Bennestsbridge have won Junior and Intermediate in the last two years and I fancy them to give Senior a good rattle. James Stephens have a few injury worries also.

Lisdowney up by 8 and Bennetsbridge down by 7 at HT

• Advertisement

Local_Chap wrote: »

Lisdowney won by 7 and Bennetsbridge game finished in a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Thomas Davis 11/8 to beat skerries in Dublin sfc. 8/11 with paddy power.
    Any Dubs know if the 11/8 is value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

What do ye fancy in league final this weekend? Clare ht-ft maybe 5-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Do we have anyone with an opinion on the Dublin matches over the next 2 days? Apparently Castleknock might be a bit of value vs Plunketts on Friday having beaten them in the league quite recently (both were without their respective county players I believe).

In Kerry, there's no odds out just yet, but there's Senior and Intermediate games this weekend.

In the Senior Club Championship semis, I expect Crokes to account for Legion and continue their strong run of form. The Dingle and Austin Stacks game will be a great match, if i had to call it I'd side with Dingle grinding out a win en route to a repeat of last years final vs Crokes.

In the Intermediate games, Spa grinded out a win against John Mitchells in the last round, while Kenmare made light work of Gneevguilla who to be fair are a poor side. Another close one here, I think Spa are a more rounded outfit and home advantage might swing this one in their favour.

In the other game, St Michaels Foilmore take on newly-promoted Templenoe. The latter laid down a marker in the last round for the outright Intermediate title and are as good a side as any in the Intermediate ranks. I fancy them to get over the line against Foilmore in this round, despite the 1.5 hour journey they have to Ballinskelligs. Their opponents Michaels Foilmore have yet to win a Division 2 game this season and barely got over the line against a limited Skellig Rangers team (a Division 4 side) in the previous round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

What odds are you getting on Templenoe? the journey wont bother them, they play in the south kerry league anyway so are well used to the travelling. Id expect them to beat BallyFoilmore by at least 4 or 5 points, Bally are gone very poor and shouldnt have even got this far as they got a lot of luck to beat Portmagee in the last round. AFAIK Cian Connor has transferred back to BallyF after a stint in Kildare but he wont be able to save them here. Would also agree that Spa should beat Kenmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

wonga77 wrote: »
    What odds are you getting on Templenoe? the journey wont bother them, they play in the south kerry league anyway so are well used to the travelling. Id expect them to beat BallyFoilmore by at least 4 or 5 points, Bally are gone very poor and shouldnt have even got this far as they got a lot of luck to beat Portmagee in the last round. AFAIK Cian Connor has transferred back to BallyF after a stint in Kildare but he wont be able to save them here. Would also agree that Spa should beat Kenmare

There's nothing up just yet from either of the usual suspects, I'd expect them to be published this afternoon probably.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Thomas Davis 11/8 to beat skerries in Dublin sfc. 8/11 with paddy power.
    Any Dubs know if the 11/8 is value?

I think TD will beat Skerries so that's definitely a good value bet. I'd also include Judes @ 4/6 and Na Fianna @ 1/3 for a treble.

Outside bets to consider are Maurs and Castleknock. Both deservedly underdogs but an upset isn't beyond possibility.

UCD footballers back from 5/2 to 11/8 with PP, Boyles still have them 5/2.

***11/8 now with Boyles.

On the Galway ones, All three should win but Gort is the one I'd be least confident of. Cashel have plenty of good hurlers and while Gort should still win it's the most one I'd be wary of.

Kilimordaly will beat Kiltormer easily and 8/13 is a good price, should be closer to 1/3 I think.

TAD should be too strong for Carnmore who along with Kiltormer would look to be favourites to go down given that the two promoted teams can't be relegated.

I'd also expect Mullagh 8/13 to beat Athenry.

Anything for this weekend Galwaylad, some great picks last week, portumna look an alright price at 1/3 v Liam Mellows for a start anyway?

• Advertisement

I'm looking to get another Club Gaa bet up again this weekend and am looking for a bit more info on

Dublin

St.Anne's 1/3 v Parnells

Galway

Portumna 1/3 v Liam Mellows
    Tommy Larkins 1/3 v Moycullen
    Beagh 1/4 v Kiltormer

Limerick

Drom Broadford 1/4 v Na Piarsaigh

Tipperary

Drom & Inch 21/20 v Aherlow (I hear Aherlow are down a few of their main men)

Cork

Avondhu 6/5 v Ilen Rovers

Avondhu have some very good sides including Fermoy, just wondering if anyone knows are they doing much or how seriously they are taking it this year?

thats just a bit of follow up info Im looking for, not my actual picks now, just looking to finalize a bet at the moment, will post when Ive decided, hopefully a few lads have an insight into the above!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement