Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Do we have anyone with an opinion on the Dublin matches over the next 2 days? Apparently Castleknock might be a bit of value vs Plunketts on Friday having beaten them in the league quite recently (both were without their respective county players I believe).

Castleknock caused the upset tonight, think they were around 3/1 before throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Bet For the weekend

Kerry Hurlers
    Drom Broadford
    Kanturk
    Newcestown
    Portumna

pays 3/1 in powers as of last night

Id be very surprised if this doesn't land

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork u21 to win btts a goal 11/5 looks worth taking to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

pablo24 wrote: »
    Anything for this weekend Galwaylad, some great picks last week, portumna look an alright price at 1/3 v Liam Mellows for a start anyway?

Ya those calls last week worked out well alright. I didn't actually win my own accumulator though because I went messing around with intermediate games aswell that let me down.

Wouldn't touch Portumna, Canning didn't play last weekend against Craughwell, Portumna still managed to win but I'd have zero faith in them without him and it's unlikely according to the paper that he'll be back this week. There's virtually no senior team they should be 1/3 favourites against without him.

Very hard games to call this weekend really. If I had to pick I'd say:

Kilimordaly (4/7), Beagh (1/4) and Athenry (1/4) should all be safe picks.

I'd also have a strong fancy for Mullagh 4/5 to beat Clarinbridge and Craughwell 3/10 to beat Pearses. Think I'd stay away from the other games.

Leitrim Kilnadeema are decent value at 13/8 to beat TAD. Shouldn't be much between those two at all and that's a decent price

Think Kinvara at 8/15 are a decent price to beat Eyrecourt in the Intermediate too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

From the Drom Broadford Parish myself. Was expecting them to be much shorter than 1/4 tbh. 1/8 even.

Should win handy though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Templenoe are 3/10 in the Kerry intermediate championship against St. Michael's/Foilmore. They have won 3 from 3 in division 1 of the count league having just been promoted while their opposition are without a win in division 2. Templenoe destroyed Glenflesk in the last round while SMF scraped past a bad Skelling Rangers side.

Templenoe will win this comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Templenoe won by 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Drom beat by 4 points.

Sorry All. Left me down for a nice accum also....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Drom beat by 4 points.

Sorry All. Left me down for a nice accum also....
    Let me down too. As did Offaly seniors who I had doubled with their minors. No sure thing out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

didn't see it mentioend here but anyone back New York, some big handicaps where about, and roscommon didn't even score as much as handicap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

manafana wrote: »
    didn't see it mentioend here but anyone back New York, some big handicaps where about, and roscommon didn't even score as much as handicap

I'm post timing here but ya, a friend and I backed them at 8/13 +24. In the last 7 years, I think the only team to clear that were Mayo on a once off.

I was still cautious coming into it but the weather was a big factor.

Apologies, in the spirit of the thread I should have put it up!

Ya those calls last week worked out well alright. I didn't actually win my own accumulator though because I went messing around with intermediate games aswell that let me down.

Wouldn't touch Portumna, Canning didn't play last weekend against Craughwell, Portumna still managed to win but I'd have zero faith in them without him and it's unlikely according to the paper that he'll be back this week. There's virtually no senior team they should be 1/3 favourites against without him.

Very hard games to call this weekend really. If I had to pick I'd say:

Kilimordaly (4/7), Beagh (1/4) and Athenry (1/4) should all be safe picks.

I'd also have a strong fancy for Mullagh 4/5 to beat Clarinbridge and Craughwell 3/10 to beat Pearses. Think I'd stay away from the other games.

Leitrim Kilnadeema are decent value at 13/8 to beat TAD. Shouldn't be much between those two at all and that's a decent price

Think Kinvara at 8/15 are a decent price to beat Eyrecourt in the Intermediate too.

Solid weekend. Beagh and Mullagh games were called off. Leitrim Kilnadeema were well beaten by TAD though so looked like the bookies were right on this one after all.

Kilimordaly, Athenry, Craughwell and Kinvara all won for me though. Portumna just about won by a point but the 1/3 was no value.

Solid weekend. Beagh and Mullagh games were called off. Leitrim Kilnadeema were well beaten by TAD though so looked like the bookies were right on this one after all.

Kilimordaly, Athenry, Craughwell and Kinvara all won for me though. Portumna just about won by a point but the 1/3 was no value.

Great picks and analysis again in fairness Galwaylad, My own bet went south with Na Piarsaigh shocking Drom-Broadford in Limerick and Newcestown somehow managing to lose to a CIT side who were missing 4 or 5 and had more than a few players out on the beer over the long weekend! Newcestown went from 8\15 in to 2/7 so I wasnt the only one stung! :(

Anyway, I look forward to your picks and analysis on Galway the coming weekend once the prices are out, keep up the good work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

80s Child wrote: »
    I'm post timing here but ya, a friend and I backed them at 8/13 +24. In the last 7 years, I think the only team to clear that were Mayo on a once off.

I was still cautious coming into it but the weather was a big factor.

Apologies, in the spirit of the thread I should have put it up!

Only 1 time has 24 point handicap been covered since 2000.Mayo won by 26 back in 'mid 2000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

yabadabado wrote: »
    Only 1 time has 24 point handicap been covered since 2000.Mayo won by 26 back in 'mid 2000s.

Ya, I wasn't sure of the time line alright.

pablo24 wrote: »
    Great picks and analysis again in fairness Galwaylad, My own bet went south with Na Piarsaigh shocking Drom-Broadford in Limerick and Newcestown somehow managing to lose to a CIT side who were missing 4 or 5 and had more than a few players out on the beer over the long weekend! Newcestown went from 8\15 in to 2/7 so I wasnt the only one stung! :(

Anyway, I look forward to your picks and analysis on Galway the coming weekend once the prices are out, keep up the good work!

Cheers, though in fairness I'm not exactly picking outsiders at great odds or anything! Canning actually did play for Portumna at the weekend and they still only scraped home by a point, they're on the wane but they are still very good at scraping out wins so they have to be respected still.

Cheers, though in fairness I'm not exactly picking outsiders at great odds or anything! Canning actually did play for Portumna at the weekend and they still only scraped home by a point, they're on the wane but they are still very good at scraping out wins so they have to be respected still.

Yeah but what I like is the way you said Portumna weren't any value at 1/3 and they won by a point and that Kilimordaly were a 1/3 poke available at 8/15 the previous week and you turned out to be right, a little reasoning and insight goes a long way!

anyway, odds are out for the weekend (On Paddy Power), let us know what you think once you have a look!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Thegooche

My local bookies is giving 7/1 on Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and Donegal all to win provincial titles. Should I lump?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Thegooche wrote: »
    My local bookies is giving 7/1 on Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and Donegal all to win provincial titles. Should I lump?
    It's 7.11/1 with Boils so your not getting anything special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and Tyrone for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thegooche wrote: »

Dublin, yes
    Kerry, might get a shock from Cork, but yes
    Mayo, should be OK but I don't trust them, but yes
    Donegal, probably the weak link. Ulster is always a minefield. Donegal only beat Derry by 2 pts in the semi last year and lost to Monaghan. This year they could have Fermanagh, then Monaghan and Tyrone in the final.

Worth a flutter , yes.

Lump, absolutely no.

Edit
    Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Tyrone at about 7.72/1 might be worth a flutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Whats Dublin / Kerry / Mayo paying ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Slattsy wrote: »
    Whats Dublin / Kerry / Mayo paying ?

A bit better than 6/4 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've seen worse 6/4 shots.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I've seen worse 6/4 shots.

As have I but at the same time it's essentially odds of 6/4 on an 8 or 9 match accumulator. I know those three are the best teams in their respective provinces but the idea of needing to win the guts of 10 matches to land a 6/4 bet just doesn't sit well with me.

Trawl your local club matches and you can probably find a very probable winner at 6/4

As have I but at the same time it's essentially odds of 6/4 on an 8 or 9 match accumulator. I know those three are the best teams in their respective provinces but the idea of needing to win the guts of 10 matches to land a 6/4 bet just doesn't sit well with me.

Trawl your local club matches and you can probably find a very probable winner at 6/4

Speaking of Galwaylad.....

whats this weeks synopsis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Borrisoleigh 3/10, Nenagh 1/4, Moycarkey 1/3, Sars 1/12, Drom 1/2 would be my picks in the Tipp SHC this weekend. It has been a punters graveyard so far this year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Borrisoleigh 3/10, Nenagh 1/4, Moycarkey 1/3, Sars 1/12, Drom 1/2 would be my picks in the Tipp SHC this weekend. It has been a punters graveyard so far this year though.

Why would you put in Sars at 1/12??

Why would you put in Sars at 1/12??

Because I've seen them twice this season and they'll win easily.

• Advertisement

Then go out and re-mortgage the house and put that on them on a single.

Thanks for the advice, greatly appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement