Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, greatly appreciated.

only pulling the piss man, I just don't see the point in including a 1/12 shot in accum's there is obviously little to no value in that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

only pulling the piss man, I just don't see the point in including a 1/12 shot in accum's there is obviously little to no value in that line.

I don't need the opinions of a Dub on Tipp club hurling matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

Especially on a team that 'allegedly' threw a match at similar odds last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Ferns St Aidans V Faythe Harriers in Wexford

1/1 vs 10/11 with Boyles
    4/9 vs 15/8 with PP

Dont have any clue about the game, but if anyone has, there is surely some value there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

pablo24 wrote: »
    Speaking of Galwaylad.....

whats this weeks synopsis?

I think you're putting a bit too much faith in my analysis but I'll have a go.

I'm keeping faith in Kilimordaly again to do the business at 11/10 against Beagh. Kdaly are flying, and I think they'll win this one again, don't think Beagh are anything special at all.

I also like St Thomas at 8/13 to beat Cashel. Obviously Cashel are 2 from 2 and Toms are 0 from 2 but Thomas's have super hurlers, have been missing a lot and have most of them back for this one and they absolutely have to win so I think they'll oblige.

Tynagh, Craughwell, Kilconieron (intermediate) look to be safe enough bets with all of them around the 1/3 mark.

Also in the intermediate I really fancy Oranmore to beat Rahoon at 4/7. Oranmore have been excellent so far winning their 2 games very easily while Rahoon have only scraped past Annaghdown and then lost to Kilconieron.

Not sure what way I'll back them, an accumulator works out at a bit longer than 10/1. That might be stretching it a bit to think they'll all land. Maybe splitting it into doubles or trebles might be the best bet

• Advertisement

I think you're putting a bit too much faith in my analysis but I'll have a go.

I'm keeping faith in Kilimordaly again to do the business at 11/10 against Beagh. Kdaly are flying, and I think they'll win this one again, don't think Beagh are anything special at all.

I also like St Thomas at 8/13 to beat Cashel. Obviously Cashel are 2 from 2 and Toms are 0 from 2 but Thomas's have super hurlers, have been missing a lot and have most of them back for this one and they absolutely have to win so I think they'll oblige.

Tynagh, Craughwell, Kilconieron (intermediate) look to be safe enough bets with all of them around the 1/3 mark.

Also in the intermediate I really fancy Oranmore to beat Rahoon at 4/7. Oranmore have been excellent so far winning their 2 games very easily while Rahoon have only scraped past Annaghdown and then lost to Kilconieron.

Not sure what way I'll back them, an accumulator works out at a bit longer than 10/1. That might be stretching it a bit to think they'll all land. Maybe splitting it into doubles or trebles might be the best bet

So very close to a great weekend but ended up being just a mediocre one. Kilimordaly drew with Beagh while Kilconieron lost to Annaghdown in the intermediate.

The other 4 all won alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

In Mayo, the senior and intermediate championship begins this weekend. A lot of close calls so I've gone with the following:

Senior: Ballaghdereen 1/6
    Intermediate: Belmullet No odds as yet.

When I get the odds on Belmullet, I'll update.

Edit: Belmullet 2/9.

And Moy Davitts 1/5.

I'll be having a good punt on all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

So very close to a great weekend but ended up being just a mediocre one. Kilimordaly drew with Beagh while Kilconieron lost to Annaghdown in the intermediate.

The other 4 all won alright.

Mullagh to beat clarinbridge looks a nice price at 4/5 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

In Kilkenny I think
    Lisdowney (evens)
    Tullogher (8/11) and
    Bennettsbridge (1/2) is the treble of the weekend.

Glenmore have a wedding Friday and Tullaroan seem to be flying it so Tullaroan at 8/13 seems good.

EDIT: Lisdowney now 4/7

PáircLife wrote: »
    In Kilkenny I think
    Lisdowney (evens)
    Tullogher (8/11) and
    Bennettsbridge (1/2) is the treble of the weekend.

Glenmore have a wedding Friday and Tullaroan seem to be flying it so Tullaroan at 8/13 seems good.

EDIT: Lisdowney now 4/7

Any thoughts on Clara at 4/6 and Ballyragget at 8/15?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

In Kerry, Crokes will beat West Kerry but 1/5 wont make you rich, Legion at 1/2 should be beating Milltown. Interesting that South Kerry are 10/11 to beat Rahillys. Sth Kerry are missing a few and B Sheehan afaik is just back from a 2 week honeymoon so its unfair to assume he'll carry them like last year. Wouldnt be surprised to see Rahillys to sneak this one
    I wouldnt touch Mid Kerry/Kilcummin or the Kenmare/Brendans games. Rathmore and Dingle should be a great game but again I couldnt make a call either way, maybe some value on the draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

wonga77 wrote: »
    In Kerry, Crokes will beat West Kerry but 1/5 wont make you rich, Legion at 1/2 should be beating Milltown. Interesting that South Kerry are 10/11 to beat Rahillys. Sth Kerry are missing a few and B Sheehan afaik is just back from a 2 week honeymoon so its unfair to assume he'll carry them like last year. Wouldnt be surprised to see Rahillys to sneak this one
    I wouldnt touch Mid Kerry/Kilcummin or the Kenmare/Brendans games. Rathmore and Dingle should be a great game but again I couldnt make a call either way, maybe some value on the draw

Yup - would agree with pretty much all that. Kenmare should surely handle St Brendans but at 1/5 and with the recent history as a district team it's not one for backing as it's a divisional side and there is a fair bit of recent bothersome history there.

Legion at 1/2 is very poor odds imo. A huge amount depends on whether or not James O'Donoghue plays as they are a vastly improved side when he's on the pitch. Been some talk around Killarney he might feature, but I'd say it's very unlikely he'll start and 1/2 looks like a price where the bookies expect him to be there from the start all guns blazing.

Very little value on offer from the bookies here imo - maybe a small punt on the draw in the Rathmore Dingle game as I could see this being a tight one.

pablo24 wrote: »
    Mullagh to beat clarinbridge looks a nice price at 4/5 now?

Ya they should be, although Clarinbridge recovered well from their opening round hammering last weekend, they easily beat Carnmore (though in fairness they are very very poor). Mullagh drew with Leitrim Kilnadeema who wallopped Clarinbridge in the previous round.

But ya I think Mullagh should beat them alright. Think that game is this evening actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Who are South Kerry missing?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Who are South Kerry missing?

Brendan sullivan and Daly are doubts, Bernard Walsh and Padraig sullivan, both starters in the half back line in last years team are both gone, Sheehan just back from 2 week holiday.
    Theres some others too but to be honest I heard it during the week at work from one of the players but I wasnt paying much attention, il find out again this evening and post it. Bally/Foilmore are in with them again this year but apart from Mark Griffin there wont be anyone else.
    I certainly wont be backing them anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

My main bet will be Thomastown 11/8 to beat Carrickshock this weekend in Kilkenny club league/championship. After seeing Carrickahock the last time out I reckon they will be fighting relegation this year. Thomastown have a good solid team and should have enough to win by 3-4 points.

Also going with a treble of
    Thomastown 11/8
    Erins Owen 8/11 against Danesfort
    Dicksboro 4/6 against Fenians

Anyone know anything on inagh Kilnamona v Clooney Quinn?

Inagh are evens with Boyles and 4/7 with Paddy Power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Has anyone outside the big 3 got a shout in the Mayo seniors? Boylesports are offering 20/1+ for everyone bar...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Has anyone outside the big 3 got a shout in the Mayo seniors? Boylesports are offering 20/1+ for everyone bar...

Very unlikely , head and shoulders above the rest at the minute, it will take a shock or lack of motivation from all 3 for someone from outside to win it out , North Mayo football in the doldrums at the min,Knockmore are the closest to competing with the top 3 and they've been put away handily in semi/qf's last few seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

wonga77 wrote: »

Spot on, very little value this round in Kerry. Backed South Kerry as a knee jerk reaction to the price when it was released on Wednesday. Just to note, PP removed the St Kierans vs Feale Rangers market on Thursday afternoon. St Kierans were initially priced at 8/13, cut to 2/5 and then it was suspended completely. A hefty wager gone down there, or else there's something I've missed re this fixture.

• Advertisement

seanhynes wrote: »
    Very unlikely , head and shoulders above the rest at the minute, it will take a shock or lack of motivation from all 3 for someone from outside to win it out , North Mayo football in the doldrums at the min,Knockmore are the closest to competing with the top 3 and they've been put away handily in semi/qf's last few seasons

That's pretty much bang on!!

Aghamore are gone from 5/4 to 8/13 to beat Charlestown. Tom Parsons is out for Charlestown and it seems the whole county has them backed!!

With regards to the big three, the last time I checked Ballintubber were 6/4, Mitchels were 6/4 and Breaffy were 6/1. I took the 6/1 on Breaffy. Mitchels have had a few retirements, with Richie Feeney being the biggest loss. Also, bar the big names in the Tubber, they can be got at in places. Just my 2 cents.

Same As wrote: »
    Spot on, very little value this round in Kerry. Backed South Kerry as a knee jerk reaction to the price when it was released on Wednesday. Just to note, PP removed the St Kierans vs Feale Rangers market on Thursday afternoon. St Kierans were initially priced at 8/13, cut to 2/5 and then it was suspended completely. A hefty wager gone down there, or else there's something I've missed re this fixture.

I think that may be down to Feale Rangers only getting together midweek if rumours are to be believed. Mark Griffin is a major doubt for Sth Kerry now, hip flexor injury apparently.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Your man David Jennings in the RP isn't a bad tipster for the GAA. Always keep an eye on his picks and yesterday he had 5/7 I think with Offaly, Monaghan -1, Galway -1 and Louth -5 all coming in. He had a good shout on Donegal winning easy against Down on Saturday too. Not a bad read if you're undecided about a few selections.....

Have been keeping on eye on his RP column which has been quite good during the league (no goals in Waterford Clare league final meeting at 9's the pick of the lot).

The RP released their first GAA podcast this week (here) and also there's an 8 page GAA supplement in todays edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Did he tip Waterford for relegation this year? Bit of a clanger.

Did he tip Waterford for relegation this year? Bit of a clanger.

You'd afford him a few mistakes here and there to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Same As wrote: »
    You'd afford him a few mistakes here and there to be fair.

True that was a bad one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

80s Child wrote: »
    That's pretty much bang on!!

Aghamore are gone from 5/4 to 8/13 to beat Charlestown. Tom Parsons is out for Charlestown and it seems the whole county has them backed!!

With regards to the big three, the last time I checked Ballintubber were 6/4, Mitchels were 6/4 and Breaffy were 6/1. I took the 6/1 on Breaffy. Mitchels have had a few retirements, with Richie Feeney being the biggest loss. Also, bar the big names in the Tubber, they can be got at in places. Just my 2 cents.

Big win for Aghamore over Charlestown.
    3-18 to 0-08.

Crokes walloped West Kerry and Stacks beat East Kerry.
    West Kerry wouldnt be that good but I cant see anyone beating the Crokes in Kerry this year

cocoman wrote: »
    Big win for Aghamore over Charlestown.
    3-18 to 0-08.

And Ballintubber lost at home to newly promoted Hollymount/Carramore. That would have hurt a lot of lad's bets!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Leinster SFC first round
    Carlow 3-11 Louth 2-24, O'Moore Park, 5pm FT
    Laois 3-16 Wicklow 0-18, O'Moore Park, 7pm FT

The average score in the two senior intercounty games played today was 46.5 points. Fine weather obviously a factor.

For tomorrow's games, the following maybe of value given good conditions again:
    - Offaly v Longford (Over 30.5): 4/5 Boylesports
    - Fermanagh v Antrim (Over 30.5): Evs Boylesports

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement