Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Local_Chap wrote: »
    My main bet will be Thomastown 11/8 to beat Carrickshock this weekend in Kilkenny club league/championship. After seeing Carrickahock the last time out I reckon they will be fighting relegation this year. Thomastown have a good solid team and should have enough to win by 3-4 points.

Also going with a treble of
    Thomastown 11/8
    Erins Owen 8/11 against Danesfort
    Dicksboro 4/6 against Fenians

Dicksboro won by 12. Thomastown into 4/6. Throw in for that game and Erins Owen is 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

80s Child wrote: »
    In Mayo, the senior and intermediate championship begins this weekend. A lot of close calls so I've gone with the following:

Senior: Ballaghdereen 1/6
    Intermediate: Belmullet No odds as yet.

When I get the odds on Belmullet, I'll update.

Edit: Belmullet 2/9.

And Moy Davitts 1/5.

I'll be having a good punt on all three.

All three won. Ballagh being the closest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Pretty pissed off. First bet in a long time did a 7 timer.

Antrim minors
    Fermanagh -1
    Offaly
    Gweedore
    St Michaels
    Scotstown
    And that shower of bastards Glenswilly.

Would've been a nice wee payout! If Ardara can keep Murphy quiet then no county team has an excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

I think you're putting a bit too much faith in my analysis but I'll have a go.

I'm keeping faith in Kilimordaly again to do the business at 11/10 against Beagh. Kdaly are flying, and I think they'll win this one again, don't think Beagh are anything special at all.

I also like St Thomas at 8/13 to beat Cashel. Obviously Cashel are 2 from 2 and Toms are 0 from 2 but Thomas's have super hurlers, have been missing a lot and have most of them back for this one and they absolutely have to win so I think they'll oblige.

Tynagh, Craughwell, Kilconieron (intermediate) look to be safe enough bets with all of them around the 1/3 mark.

Also in the intermediate I really fancy Oranmore to beat Rahoon at 4/7. Oranmore have been excellent so far winning their 2 games very easily while Rahoon have only scraped past Annaghdown and then lost to Kilconieron.

Not sure what way I'll back them, an accumulator works out at a bit longer than 10/1. That might be stretching it a bit to think they'll all land. Maybe splitting it into doubles or trebles might be the best bet

Whats your summary for this weekend?

I promise Ill return the favour in cork when it gets going! ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Kerry - Rahillys should be beating Feale Rangers I think, they put in a good shift last weekend and should have beaten Sth Kerry.
    Crokes will beat St Kierans, Rathmore should beat Brendans but 1.3 is a bit on the low side for me.
    East Kerry to beat Milltown, Milltown didnt put up any battle last weekend which was unusual.
    Kilcummin/West Kerry is hard to call. West Kerry were woeful last weekend so its hard to know if they will regroup and battle for this or go through the motions and give up the ghost.
    Kenmare Legion will be a very close game and I wouldnt like to call a winner
    I opposed Sth Kerry last weekend and they very nearly proved me right, the only thing about them is the longer they stay in the better they gel. On saying that the full back from the last day broke his thumb against Rahillys and im not sure if they have a right replacement for him. Stacks are without Donaghy so its a really hard one to call.
    Mid Kerry and Dingle looks the tie of the round, Dingle are favourites but I have a feeling mid kerry could sneak this one, the addition of Laune Rangers has strengthened them a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

wonga77 wrote: »
    Kilcummin/West Kerry is hard to call. West Kerry were woeful last weekend so its hard to know if they will regroup and battle for this or go through the motions and give up the ghost.

I'm tempted by Kilcummin. Quite possible some of the Ghaeltacht lads might be a little more focused on the Intermediate Club Championship Quarter final against Ardfert on the 28th.

Yep Id agree, I dont think West Kerry seem too bothered in recent years, Kilcummin can be very hit and miss though. I think they should just about win all the same

Looking at Ross -6 at 8/13. Mulligan is back for Leitrim so I'd be a little wary of the handicap. In saying that, these Ross boys are under pressure to perform and are playing for places!!

Anyone got more insight?

Dr Crokes barely got over the line tonight, beating Kierans by 1 point. Wins otherwise for Kenmare, Rahillys and Rathmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Good loser

80s Child wrote: »
    Looking at Ross -6 at 8/13. Mulligan is back for Leitrim so I'd be a little wary of the handicap. In saying that, these Ross boys are under pressure to perform and are playing for places!!

Anyone got more insight?

They're 8/11 with Boyles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Ros had a scare vs NY but they are a couple of levels above Leitrim. I know people write off the league but Ros were in semi final while Leitrim were second worse in the country.
    Gotta believe Ros have a lot more talent in the side and should be putting up a 8 r 9 point win. Leitrim have one good forward while Ros have 6 lads who are all capable of contributing scores.If Ros don't give up soft scores like they have done a few times this year I expect them to cover the 6 points.
    I think Leitrim are missing first choice full back as well who would be one of their best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Yep Id agree, I dont think West Kerry seem too bothered in recent years, Kilcummin can be very hit and miss though. I think they should just about win all the same

Spot on there anyway.

Total collapse by Kilcummin in the 2nd half.

Was Kilcummin 1-8 to West Kerry 0-4 at HT and ended up was Kilcummin 1-10 to West Kerry 1-15. Some 2nd half by the Westies, especially after the Crokes game last weekend.

Met some Kilcummin folk last night and they were just disgusted.

I actually missed that result, thought that game was on today for some reason, sounds like an awful second half from Kilcummin

Fair play to West Kerry, was at the Legion Kenmare game and checked the score midway through and thought Kilcummin would cruise home - big turnaround in the second half.

Waiting on EK today against Milltown for a treble and 4 fold, hopefully they'll get over the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Kerry
    Tipp -4 double

5.3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Any thoughts on this treble lads- Tyrone -2 ( 10/11) Tipp -3 (4/5) Leitrim +7 (10/11) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Any thoughts on this treble lads- Tyrone -2 ( 10/11) Tipp -3 (4/5) Leitrim +7 (10/11) ?

Not sure about the Leitrim part. Ros will be all out to make up for the New York game.

cocoman wrote: »
    Not sure about the Leitrim part. Ros will be all out to make up for the New York game.

Anyone in Carrick? The weather will have a big bearing on this I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Carrick is weather is mild but has had a few decent showers the last few hours .No breeze at all and don't think the weather will have any bearing on result.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Carrick is weather is mild but has had a few decent showers the last few hours .No breeze at all and don't think the weather will have any bearing on result.

So you're thinking Ross -6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 snoop09

Hi,

I got a nice little acc up at the weekend, can anyone tell me where i can find the odss of how the matches finished up?

Hurling: Dublin -1, Antrim
    Football: Roscommon -6, Kildare, Tyrone -1

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

My 7.46/1 treble for the weekend with Boylesports
    Tipperary -3 Vs Waterford (8/13)
    Clare footballers -3 Vs LK (6/5)
    Cavan -2 Vs Armagh (11/10)
    Anybody see any liabilities here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Put 50 quid on Kerry, Tyrone and Mayo to win their provincials today at about 4.7/1. Would have been about twice as long if I got round to it before Tyrone beat Derry.:mad:

Not much point including the Dubs @ 1/25:p

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Put 50 quid on Kerry, Tyrone and Mayo to win their provincials today at about 4.7/1. Would have been about twice as long if I got round to it before Tyrone beat Derry.:mad:

Not much point including the Dubs @ 1/25:p

I'd have included the Dubs for the all ireland to boost your returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Okay so who was on Westmeath tonight?

What kind of odds were Westmeath tonight I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

What kind of odds were Westmeath tonight I wonder?
    11/1 I can say I had 10 on it! Kk missing 8/9 and home advantage vital in these matches! Westmeath hurling on the rise

A lot of club games priced up for this weekend in both codes.

Word is that Leixlip are priced as short as 1/8 locally against Eadestown. 4/11 available in other firms. A good one for an accum.

Throwing this in with Cavan -1 against Armagh and Clare to beat Limerick.

Any other leans from around the country?

Clare, Cavan and Tipp. That's what I'm thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Stay away from Tipp lads. 1/6 despite being away from home and down about 14 men.

We'll see when the team comes out but from last years successfull under 21 team, the 2010 under 21 team that won Munster and The minor all ireland winning team combined I think they'll only have 4 involved in total on Sunday, 1 being a goalkeeper.

Plenty of other good lads like Codd, Grogan, Hannigan and Sweeney in particular are unavailable. They still will probably win but they are a joke of a price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement