Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Stay away from Tipp lads. 1/6 despite being away from home and down about 14 men.

We'll see when the team comes out but from last years successfull under 21 team, the 2010 under 21 team that won Munster and The minor all ireland winning team combined I think they'll only have 4 involved in total on Sunday, 1 being a goalkeeper.

Plenty of other good lads like Codd, Grogan, Hannigan and Sweeney in particular are unavailable. They still will probably win but they are a joke of a price.

Cheers. Good insight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

80s Child wrote: »
    Clare, Cavan and Tipp. That's what I'm thinking.

This is enhanced from 6/4 to 7/4 on PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I have Armagh, Tipp, Clare and London (+15).

In these days of defensive football its very hard to beat anyone by 15 points. Mayo will win at their ease, but away from Home, a lot of travelling and management wary of the Galway game they will ease off the pedal. 15 points is generous IMO.

As for Armagh over Cavan. I don't think there is a massive difference between the two. Cavan focussed on the League however so League results can skew things. At 2/1 Armagh are better value for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rocko

I think Ilen Rovers are good odds at 1/2 to beat Dohenys this evening in cork senior football.
    Someone told me they opened up 4/5.

Ilen just won u21 A west cork and have a few back from first round hammering. Dohenys are missing a few from last round defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I have Armagh, Tipp, Clare and London (+15).

In these days of defensive football its very hard to beat anyone by 15 points. Mayo will win at their ease, but away from Home, a lot of travelling and management wary of the Galway game they will ease off the pedal. 15 points is generous IMO.

As for Armagh over Cavan. I don't think there is a massive difference between the two. Cavan focussed on the League however so League results can skew things. At 2/1 Armagh are better value for me.
    I dunno about Armagh. Not much confidence around the county. More hope than expectation - of course we are capable of beating Cavan; but they are further on in their development than us and they've began to focus more on attack while still maintaining a strong defence. Armagh are strong defensively but up front are light on scoring options. I'd fancy Cavan to edge it; I think Armagh will put in a good shift but ultimately fall short...

• Advertisement

I agree that Cavan are further along, but at 2/1 Armagh are good value. It will be tight and only a few points in it.

Any KmcG team will be fit and tough to break down.

We'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Clare over 17.5 @ 11/10 looks like value to me.

Clare scored 7-95 in 7 regular league games (average of 16.57 per game)against Division 3 opposition including 1-14 (17 points) in the Gaelic Grounds (where the game is tomorrow) back in February. Clare scored 2-17 in the league final (against a fairly weak looking Kildare defence) but it shows they are well able to put up a score.

Limerick conceded a total of 11-87 (120 points or avg of 17.14 per game) during their 7 league games.

The weather conditions look like they will be fine tomorrow (far finer than the conditions during most of the league) so I'd be fairly hopeful on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    This is enhanced from 6/4 to 7/4 on PP

Not even a sweat really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »

Word is that Leixlip are priced as short as 1/8 locally against Eadestown. 4/11 available in other firms. A good one for an accum.

Throwing this in with Cavan -1 against Armagh and Clare to beat Limerick.

Leixlip won handily enough yesterday, went in to 1/5 before throw in.

I agree that Cavan are further along, but at 2/1 Armagh are good value. It will be tight and only a few points in it.

Any KmcG team will be fit and tough to break down.

We'll see.
    Got that pretty wrong.

Armagh were a shambles.

A typical Accum for me, 3 out of 4 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

Westmeath 12/1 versus Galway next Sunday. Leinster SHC quarter-final. Could be an upset here??..

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Clare over 17.5 @ 11/10 looks like value to me.

Clare scored 7-95 in 7 regular league games (average of 16.57 per game)against Division 3 opposition including 1-14 (17 points) in the Gaelic Grounds (where the game is tomorrow) back in February. Clare scored 2-17 in the league final (against a fairly weak looking Kildare defence) but it shows they are well able to put up a score.

Limerick conceded a total of 11-87 (120 points or avg of 17.14 per game) during their 7 league games.

The weather conditions look like they will be fine tomorrow (far finer than the conditions during most of the league) so I'd be fairly hopeful on this.

This one fell short even though Clare turned in their worst performance of the year. Only 2 points from frees for them and a goal disallowed because the Clare player "inexplicably" handpassed it to the goal suggest it was just one of those days. Down the line (after the Kerry game) I will be keeping an eye on Clare's opposition as I definitely think they could offer value in the score markets (assuming their top forwards stay fit)

The 8 points Clare conceded from frees against a side like Limerick is a worry though.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/low-key-clare-limp-past-limerick-402274.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Thoughts on Monaghan this weekend? Money line versus point spread? Lad at work says it's his most confident bet in a while. Anyone else like it?

Having seen both Down and Monaghan play Kerry in the league this year, there is no comparison.

Monaghan should be miles ahead. I know championship is different, but I got burned last week ignoring form from the league, so I think they should easily make the Handicap of 4 points. I've gone for the more adventurous Handicap of -7 at 23/10

I've got:

Monaghan (-7)
    Laois (+14)
    Westmeath(+11)
    Offaly
    Clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Having seen both Down and Monaghan play Kerry in the league this year, there is no comparison.

Monaghan should be miles ahead. I know championship is different, but I got burned last week ignoring form from the league, so I think they should easily make the Handicap of 4 points. I've gone for the more adventurous Handicap of -7 at 23/10

I've got:

Monaghan (-7)
    Laois (+14)
    Westmeath(+11)
    Offaly
    Clare
    Monaghan -7 is very ambitious. While I fancy them to win I think Down will be geared towards stopping them at all costs. Contrary to belief Down are capable of parking the bus. Monaghan only beat them by 2 in the league and their biggest winning margin was 4 points. Down (like Armagh) are pretty poor at the minute and an over reliance on McManus could see Monaghan struggle. I think they'll edge a close encounter

armaghlad wrote:
    Monaghan -7 is very ambitious. While I fancy them to win I think Down will be geared towards stopping them at all costs. Contrary to belief Down are capable of parking the bus. Monaghan only beat them by 2 in the league and their biggest winning margin was 4 points. Down (like Armagh) are pretty poor at the minute and an over reliance on McManus could see Monaghan struggle. I think they'll edge a close encounter

Yeah, most of those calls are ambitious. No way are Laois only 14 points worse than Dublin, but they might use the anger at the decision to play it in Kilkenny and get a good start before fading.

I believe that Monaghan are 8+ points better then Down, but it comes down to McManus getting on the ball and the Monaghan runners getting through for goal chances.

Galway should, on history hammer Westmeath out the gate, but Westmeath beat Offaly and Kerry with ease. They have a very rigid defensive system which blew both teams off the park.
    Galway will be a bit cold having not played in so long, on top of the fact that thier league form was uninspiring to say the least. 11 points will be about right, but i'm hoping Westmeath slip under it.

Clare v Waterford is a genuine toss up, but I think Clare have more bottle. Waterford had the league final won, but Clare never died.

I fancy Offaly to overcome Laois. Better players, who got a great confidence boost and have rallyed in their last 2 games.

Attended a Championship preview night held by Ladbrokes in Dublin last night. They announced they'll be doubling the odds on first goalscorer bets on televised matches if the first goal is scored in the opening 20 minutes of the match. PP are running the same offer, but only for the first 10 minutes of the match. Worth noting for the rest of the summer - possibly worth checking in store before you bet as I can't seem to find any external comms from them on this just yet.

Attended a Championship preview night held by Ladbrokes in Dublin last night. They announced they'll be doubling the odds on first goalscorer bets on televised matches if the first goal is scored in the opening 20 minutes of the match. PP are running the same offer, but only for the first 10 minutes of the match. Worth noting for the rest of the summer - possibly worth checking in store before you bet as I can't seem to find any external comms from them on this just yet.

First goalscorer in GAA is a horrible market imo - really think it just favours the bookies far too much for the odds that they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

First goalscorer in GAA is a horrible market imo - really think it just favours the bookies far too much for the odds that they offer.

the odds are bigger like any market their can be an angle to get in

I'm not a huge fan of first goalscorer markets either tbh. This was more on an FYI post than anything as there's casual punters who are fond of these markets.

Onto the weekend, I'm on the Dubs/Laois overs points line with Boyle (36.5).

Also have a 4 fold on Monaghan (-1), Offaly, Antrim & 10+ point winning margin in Dublin/Laois. Pays around 2/1 with Powers.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote:
    Yeah, most of those calls are ambitious. No way are Laois only 14 points worse than Dublin, but they might use the anger at the decision to play it in Kilkenny and get a good start before fading.

Christ. Not even close. Laois are pathetic at the moment. Dubs are a real juggernaut.

DDC1990 wrote:
    Christ. Not even close. Laois are pathetic at the moment. Dubs are a real juggernaut.

Well Laois fought back even with 14 men. Held it to 11 points.

Amazed after thw first half. Didn't turn up at all.

Strangely enough, Bet 365 are the only ones to have priced up the finals of the Comortas Peil na Ghaeltachta today (live on TG4). No sign of anything from Boyle or PP yesterday nor today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Any opinions on the comortais? I watched a bit of the Gaeltacht game yesterday but it was uninspiring, Naomh Conaill faves for today but I think they may have had an extra game?
    Dont really know anything about the junior final

wonga77 wrote:
    Any opinions on the comortais? I watched a bit of the Gaeltacht game yesterday but it was uninspiring, Naomh Conaill faves for today but I think they may have had an extra game? Dont really know anything about the junior final

An Gaeltacht dominated yesterdays game, but struggled to put the scores on the board.

Midfield and half lines seriously impressive but woeful shooting.

I'd expect Naomh Conaill to be a good bit better atound the middle, so its hard to see An Gaeltacht winning unless the forwards seriously buck up.

Still they looked mighty fit (as always) and they will always be tough to beat. Should be a good match.

I think the total points line (30.5) might be a shade low. 44 points in the Naomh Conaill semi and 29 in An Ghaeltacht vs Rinn. I might have a small interest in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I think the total points line (30.5) might be a shade low. 44 points in the Naomh Conaill semi and 29 in An Ghaeltacht vs Rinn. I might have a small interest in that.

Paddy Power have betting up now. Are going with 33.5.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Paddy Power have betting up now. Are going with 33.5.

Thanks for the heads up, I reloaded for a little more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Going with over 2.5 goals at evens for interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Thanks for the heads up, I reloaded for a little more.

Not really sure what way it will go so I have gone for the bucket myself.
    Over 30.5 @ 5/6 bet365 vs 32 or less @ 6/5 PP.
    Over 32.5 @ 6/4 bet365 vs under 33.5 @ 5/6 PP.

So need 31, 32, or 33 points total.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement