Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

80s Child wrote:
    Concern: Cork are Cork. I'd leave them out on the basis that you just don't know what Cork team will show up. That brings it to 5/6.

You were spot on with Cork. Fair play to Tipp though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Wtf has happened Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Should have a good bet for the weekend. They'll be pockets badly burned if it doesn't come in.

The price won't last long once it appears.

Midleton are fancied to beat NewtownShandrum in the Cork Hurling Championship at the weekend.

Newtown missing 5 of their 6 forwards.

1 is injured.
    1 got sent off the last day.
    2 gone to America on a J1
    1 doing the Leaving Cert.

Carrigtwohill should beat Ballyhea also at the weekend to make it a double.

Was hoping for a bigger price than 4/9 on Midleton tbh.

Carrigtwohill should be beating Ballyhea also.

Double pays a shade over 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Im from Cork myself, newtown missing most of their big names in the forwards but still have Tim O Mahony and Cathal Naughton who are both more than capable, that being said, missing the 4 players they are missing would be tough for any team to get over

the thing about that game is that midleton are down 6 starters themselves, they probably have better strength in depth than newtown and Id expect them to win but current odds of 4/11 are a tad skinny with all Midletons injuries

I too would have had this down as bet of the weekend before the prices came out but was expecting around 4/6 and a full midleton team

I think bet of the weekend is Fr.O Neills they opened at 11/8, I missed that but got 6/5 which I think they still may be with Boylesports but have gone 8/13 with powers since opening at 4 today, Meein have 4 or 5 out including their main man eamonn brosnan and Fr.O Neills are one of the better teams in the competition, 6/5 a great price and I expect them to oblige

I also fancy Valley Rovers at 4/11 v Carrigaline, Valleys have 2 of the last 3 under 21 counties won and are a better side than Carrigaline with a full team, what makes this so attractive is that Carrigaline are missing 6 players including their main man and scorer in chief David Drake, I fully expect Valleys to win here too

a double of Fr.O'Neills at 6/5 and Valley Rovers at 1/3 pays out at nearly 2/1 (1.93)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Westmeath are 10/3 next week against Kildare. Surely worth a few quid? Kildare missing 3 starters

Louth v Derry maybe worth a flutter.

Antrim beat Derry in a challenge the other week, 7 changes to the Derry team for this encounter and two sides generally going in opposite directions. Add in the apathy in Derry to the qualifiers and there's a possible upset on the cards. Louth also have Paddy Crozier backroom staff so he'll possibly have a bit of inside knowledge on the Derry men

Louth are 5/1 which imo is good value and +4 7/5 which I'll have a bit of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

armaghlad wrote: »
    Louth v Derry maybe worth a flutter.

Antrim beat Derry in a challenge the other week, 7 changes to the Derry team for this encounter and two sides generally going in opposite directions. Add in the apathy in Derry to the qualifiers and there's a possible upset on the cards.Louth also have Paddy Crozier backroom staff so he'll possibly have a bit of inside knowledge on the Derry men

Louth are 5/1 which imo is good value and +4 7/5 which I'll have a bit of!

Hadn't know about the bits in bold but had been thinking about a handicap bet on Louth, given Derry's form in the qualifiers over the years and the fact that Louth had a good league (getting promotion) plus how brutal Derry were against Tyrone (the Derry full back line in particular looked like they could be got at by any sort of decent forward and Burns is in decent form for Louth)
    Throw in the fact that Louth are coming off a 10 point win over Carlow and a 4 point loss to Meath where they battled to the end (always a positive sign of a team) [Derry drew to Meath at home in the league]

I think goals and who scores them and who doesn't will be suprt-vital in this game. In the 2 games that Derry have won this year they scored 5 goals and 3 goals, when they haven't got goals they have lost or drawn games. Combine that with the fact Louth's defence have only conceded 7 goals in 10 games this year (4 in 8 games against Division 4 teams) and 3 of those were in the game against Carlow (which they still won by 10 points) but none against Meath so I could see Derry struggling to get goals, which I think could have a knock-on effect.

The negatives are the 6 day turnaround and the fact that it's an away game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Louth look to be some value, Limerick in the Hurling and possibly Offaly +11 if they can get some goals

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Louth look to be some value, Limeric in the Hurling and possibly Offaly +11 if they can get some goals

God no, I can't see anything other than a very handy win for tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    God no, I can't see anything other than a very handy win for tip.

7/2 is a big price for limerick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

7/2 is a big price for limerick

True, but I think it's that big for a reason.

pablo24 wrote: »
    Im from Cork myself, newtown missing most of their big names in the forwards but still have Tim O Mahony and Cathal Naughton who are both more than capable, that being said, missing the 4 players they are missing would be tough for any team to get over

the thing about that game is that midleton are down 6 starters themselves, they probably have better strength in depth than newtown and Id expect them to win but current odds of 4/11 are a tad skinny with all Midletons injuries

I too would have had this down as bet of the weekend before the prices came out but was expecting around 4/6 and a full midleton team

I think bet of the weekend is Fr.O Neills they opened at 11/8, I missed that but got 6/5 which I think they still may be with Boylesports but have gone 8/13 with powers since opening at 4 today, Meein have 4 or 5 out including their main man eamonn brosnan and Fr.O Neills are one of the better teams in the competition, 6/5 a great price and I expect them to oblige

I also fancy Valley Rovers at 4/11 v Carrigaline, Valleys have 2 of the last 3 under 21 counties won and are a better side than Carrigaline with a full team, what makes this so attractive is that Carrigaline are missing 6 players including their main man and scorer in chief David Drake, I fully expect Valleys to win here too

a double of Fr.O'Neills at 6/5 and Valley Rovers at 1/3 pays out at nearly 2/1 (1.93)

Another one that looks a massive price is kilmurray Ibrickane at 8/13 with Boylesports, Ennis only had single figures at training last week and are in a bad way, the 8/13 with boyles a standout price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Another one that looks a massive price is kilmurray Ibrickane at 8/13 with Boylesports, Ennis only had single figures at training last week and are in a bad way, the 8/13 with boyles a standout price

concur with this 2/5 elsewhere as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

I really fancy Mayo (-6) tomorrow @ evs.
    Playing at home. Galways first game out and they are starting with 6 debutants including a keeper who isn't even first choice with his club.
    Rochford will have good knowledge of the Galway players from his time as manager with Corofin.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Hadn't know about the bits in bold but had been thinking about a handicap bet on Louth, given Derry's form in the qualifiers over the years and the fact that Louth had a good league (getting promotion) plus how brutal Derry were against Tyrone (the Derry full back line in particular looked like they could be got at by any sort of decent forward and Burns is in decent form for Louth)
    Throw in the fact that Louth are coming off a 10 point win over Carlow and a 4 point loss to Meath where they battled to the end (always a positive sign of a team) [Derry drew to Meath at home in the league]

I think goals and who scores them and who doesn't will be suprt-vital in this game. In the 2 games that Derry have won this year they scored 5 goals and 3 goals, when they haven't got goals they have lost or drawn games. Combine that with the fact Louth's defence have only conceded 7 goals in 10 games this year (4 in 8 games against Division 4 teams) and 3 of those were in the game against Carlow (which they still won by 10 points) but none against Meath so I could see Derry struggling to get goals, which I think could have a knock-on effect.

The negatives are the 6 day turnaround and the fact that it's an away game.
    It's Derry, all the signs are pointing towards a Louth shock win so Derry will probably go out and win by 8!

I'm hoping Mark Lynch is half fit (he's in at ff) because if he's on form he'll destroy any full back in the country. Derry struggled the last day out getting good ball into the ff line so I half suspect Lynch will stay there as a bear in the square.

Louth are still a bit green, that performance against Meath doesn't tell a lot because they're neighbours and they'd obviously fight to the bitter end, how they deal with a trip up to Owenbeg (I think) in oul cold windy conditions on the side of a mountain remains to be seen. Hopefully they keep it as tight as possible if not nick it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

cocoman wrote: »
    I really fancy Mayo (-6) tomorrow @ evs.
    Playing at home. Galways first game out and they are starting with 6 debutants including a keeper who isn't even first choice with his club.
    Rochford will have good knowledge of the Galway players from his time as manager with Corofin.

Going to throw my 2 cents in here.

As a Mayo man, I missed Mayo -3 at the start of the week. Was up the walls and forgot about it.

From talking to a mate of mine that plays for Salthill, he didn't even know a few of the Galway players! That's mental!!!

From the Mayo POV, DOC is a loss and Doherty doesn't pose much of a scoring threat. In this regard, Conor O Shea isn't rated. He doesn't really offer anything and I hate saying that about any player!

In saying this, you have Cillian, who ****ed my bet in London by getting black carded, but who will be aiming to put in a performance after that shambles!!

At -6, maybe it's because it's my own county, I'm slightly cautious! I much prefer the bet of Lee Keegan over .5 at evens and Pat Durcan over .5 at 8/11. These two are mad for road and if they get a sniff, they can be accurate!!

Lastly, I'm going to be at this and I'm hoping to back Mayo -3/4 during the first 15 min if it's still tight, but I do see them pulling away at the end, and if they get a couple of easy goals and the heads drop, it could be carnage!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Midleton
    O'Neills
    Tipp

Treble @ 5/2 on Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭driver02

See Boyle have a double at 11/4 Tryone -3.5pts. Tipperary -5.5pts what's the .5?
    about surely 3 is the same in pts as 3.5 am I missing something?

driver02 wrote: »
    See Boyle have a double at 11/4 Tryone -3.5pts. Tipperary -5.5pts what's the .5?
    about surely 3 is the same in pts as 3.5 am I missing something?

3.5 = win by 4; 5.5 win by 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭driver02

langer91 wrote: »
    3.5 = win by 4; 5.5 win by 6

Yes that's what confuses me 3 means win by 4 and 5 win by 6 why bother the the .5? Is it marketing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Yes that's what confuses me 3 means win by 4 and 5 win by 6 why bother the the .5? Is it marketing!!

its a two handicap much less confusing than -3 in fact in which a 2 way would mean 3.0 is a no bet on 3pt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

It basically rules out a draw as you can't win/lose by .5 of a score.

Midleton are fancied to beat NewtownShandrum in the Cork Hurling Championship at the weekend.

Newtown missing 5 of their 6 forwards.

1 is injured.
    1 got sent off the last day.
    2 gone to America on a J1
    1 doing the Leaving Cert.

Carrigtwohill should beat Ballyhea also at the weekend to make it a double.

Was hoping for a bigger price than 4/9 on Midleton tbh.

Carrigtwohill should be beating Ballyhea also.

Double pays a shade over 6/4

Midleton won by 12 points.

Carrigtwohill lost to Ballyhea. I heard Pa Callaghgan had a good game and got 7 points from play for Ballyhea

langer91 wrote: »
    Midleton
    O'Neills
    Tipp

Treble @ 5/2 on Betfair

Pints paid for last night

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snoop09

Hi all,

I see a relatively safe money maker for the weekend as follows:

Dublin v Meath: Dublin –8 3/10
    Wexford v Fermanagh: Fermanagh –3 13/10
    Offaly v London: Offaly -7 10/11

The treble pays 5.7/1 with Paddy Power

What does everyone think?

Snoop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

snoop09 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I see a relatively safe money maker for the weekend as follows:

Dublin v Meath: Dublin –8 3/10
    Wexford v Fermanagh: Fermanagh –3 13/10
    Offaly v London: Offaly -7 10/11

The treble pays 5.7/1 with Paddy Power

What does everyone think?

Snoop
    I think that should be 4.7/1....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

will be backing tyrone for the replay the weekend after next. horror show at the back 3 soft goals and still should have won. can't see them being as poor the next day and odds are more or less the same. cavan are in trouble if they can't score another 3 goals because they can't seem to kick a point

Double landed, lovely price at 2/1 at the time of posting originally, hopefully a few more this coming weekend now!

• Advertisement

Won aswell and was well backed after being posted, 3/3 for the weekend at 6/5, 8/13 & 1/3, did the treble aswell myself, great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement