Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

cocoman wrote: »
    Good call. Hope you had a few yo yo's on it

Had a few quid on it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I do not know much about the handicap on this game,but someone who thinks he knows a lot about about GAA betting told me Dublin cannot win by 12 points (12 is the handicap in Ladbrokes [EMAIL="10/11@.I"]10/11).I[/EMAIL] had €55 to win 50 and I am wondering what the experts on here suggest.

They absolutely can, but I think they keep their powder dry a bit in the Leinster championship and once the job is done at about 7 or 8 points they may not kick on.
    Not having a bet myself, I dont see any obvious value. Dubs could win by 6 or 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

robbiezero wrote: »
    They absolutely can, but I think they keep their powder dry a bit in the Leinster championship and once the job is done at about 7 or 8 points they may not kick on.
    Not having a bet myself, I dont see any obvious value. Dubs could win by 6 or 20.

Whats the weather like in Dublin at the moment?
    A greasy pitch may mean lower scoring and 12 points may be a bit much especially if the Dubs take their foot of the gas after the game is won.

cocoman wrote: »
    Whats the weather like in Dublin at the moment?
    A greasy pitch may mean lower scoring and 12 points may be a bit much especially if the Dubs take their foot of the gas after the game is won.

Its not raining at the moment, but overcast and wet. I might do the under 40.5 points and hope Meath park the bus some bit. Will start with Westmeath +4 at 5/6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

80s Child wrote: »
    Championship weekend in Mayo this weekend. I've picked the following that gives 2.39.

Knockmore
    Ballaghdereen
    Castlebar
    Breaffy
    Ballintubber

Ballagh are my only concern. Haven't heard much about them this year so if anyone has anymore info, please weigh in.

Ballagh won their senior chamionship match today v kiltane. 5-11 to 2-9. Andy Moran got 3-7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Championship weekend in Mayo this weekend. I've picked the following that gives 2.39.

Knockmore
    Ballaghdereen
    Castlebar
    Breaffy
    Ballintubber

Ballagh are my only concern. Haven't heard much about them this year so if anyone has anymore info, please weigh in.

All good.

Andy Moran 3-7 for Ballagh. Mental!

Anyone in Dublin I've ne a weather update? It's still under 42.5 at 5/6 on Bet365. Thinking it looks very good!

Edit: I bloody left it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

langer91 wrote: »
    Meath on the handicap +13 (v Dublin) at 4/5

That'll do :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I do not know much about the handicap on this game,but someone who thinks he knows a lot about about GAA betting told me Dublin cannot win by 12 points (12 is the handicap in Ladbrokes 10/11).I had €55 to win 50 and I am wondering what the experts on here suggest.

Did not see the match but glad I took his advice.

Its not raining at the moment, but overcast and wet. I might do the under 40.5 points and hope Meath park the bus some bit. Will start with Westmeath +4 at 5/6.

Grand job.

• Advertisement

Did not see the match but glad I took his advice.

got it up alright. I still don't know why he thought Dublin could'nt win by 12 points. They were 25 points the better team today, but just never bothered getting out of first gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭What are those?

Very generous handicap giving that Kildare are missing a few lads including Paul Cribben and Dan Flynn.
    I think Westmeath will win the game so will be on them @10/3 (I think that's the price off the top of my head) and I'm a Kildare man
    Will definitely be putting Westmeath +4 in a few multiples tho.

Jaysis we're an awful outfit, but WM @10/3 softens the blow a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭zimmermania

got it up alright. I still don't know why he thought Dublin could'nt win by 12 points. They were 25 points the better team today, but just never bothered getting out of first gear.

I will take your word for it,but as the cockney's used to say 'andsome is as 'andsome does and Ladbrokes will cough €50 today that I will either give back or enlarge depending on the luck.

So, for my bet, I took the prices from PP website. I then went into the shop and applied those odds to my bet, had my cash on, your man looked it over, he didn't take each price and check it so I thought all was good.

Went in today to collect and instead of my 2.5 they're giving me 1.8, stating that the prices I used were online prices, not in store prices.

I rang head office and no go. Not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

So, for my bet, I took the prices from PP website. I then went into the shop and applied those odds to my bet, had my cash on, your man looked it over, he didn't take each price and check it so I thought all was good.

Went in today to collect and instead of my 2.5 they're giving me 1.8, stating that the prices I used were online prices, not in store prices.

Online prices are nearly always different to shop prices from my experience they normally mention the discrepancy at POS, cashier wasn't doing his job properly by not doing so. If you don't mind me asking why didn't you just place the bet online?

thelad95 wrote: »
    Online prices are nearly always different to shop prices from my experience they normally mention the discrepancy at POS, cashier wasn't doing his job properly by not doing so. If you don't mind me asking why didn't you just place the bet online?

I don't have an account with PP I have it with bet365.

I explained that, that it wasn't my mistake but the cashier's. They didn't seem too pushed. Lesson learned. Nothing like hitting ya in the pocket to learn ya!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

I got burnt like this before with a certain other Irish high street bookmaker. Lesson learned. Pretty much only do online since, and if I do high street I make sure they quote/initial the prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Isn't there a few shops that have Ipads on tables that have an android version of the PP site on them.

Stillorgan and Finglas are 2 l can think of that did have them.

I cant see how PP can pull this trick if these shops still have the Ipads .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Not sure if this is news, but it's the first time I've seen 365 pricing up non-televised club games. They've got various Cork & Meath hurling matches priced up for this weekend.

Thinking of backing Crowley at 10/11 to score tomorrow for Kerry. He's playing at 6, which is curtailing me slightly. I'd prefer if he was playing on the wing. Was anyone at the Clare match? If so, could they tell me whether he got forward very often, or if he was holding at 6? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Jack O Connor, named at midfield for the Wexford hurlers is 7/4 to score a point today. It seems a very big price in a hurling match, can any Wexford fan tell me is he likely to start in midfield or will he drop deeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Did PP pay out to any people who backed Wexford to score a penalty or indeed a penalty scored yesterday? You'd be sick as a pig if you had the bet on.

Liking Monaghan minus 5 v Longford on Saturday.

Con
    • The obvious drawback is 7 day turn around and 3rd game in 3 weeks and mentally having to tune in again after a tough defeat

Pro
    • Division 1 side vs Division 3 side.
    • Longford comfortably beaten by Offaly in first round of Leinster.
    • Longford beat a hapless Down side after extra time in qualifiers. Monaghan beat them by 19 points.

I would have had that handicap at 7 or 8 points.

Clare minus 2 v Limerick at evens with PP next Saturday. Looks a great bet to me with games likely to be in Thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Clare minus 2 v Limerick at evens with PP next Saturday. Looks a great bet to me with games likely to be in Thurles.

I lumped on Clare to win @ 4/7, the -2 should be no bother to them either @ evens. The match is on Saturday at 7pm in Thurles, triple header.

Limerick seniors are in a bad way, despite having great U21s and minor teams the past few years. TJ Ryan is a dead man walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Bet 365 have Clare footballers at 11/8 against Laois which looks like good value to me.

Clare got promoted from Division 3 in the league winning 4 games and losing 3.All 3 of the losses were away, and one of them was a 1 point loss, and the other was a 1 goal loss while in the Kildare game they lost by 5 points. They did go on to beat Kildare in the Division 3 league final, where they showed good bottle. They beat Limerick and then lost to Kerry by 12 points.I was at the Kerry v Clare game and despite the margin I thought they performed fairly well in a game that never really caught fire as a contest after 2 early goals by Kerry.

Laois by contrast got relegated from Division 2 winning one game and drawing one game - the game they won was by a point over Armagh and the game they drew was to Derry where Derry scored 5-10. In the championship they beat Wicklow by 7 points before losing to Dublin by 11 [Carlow beat Wicklow by 5 points in Wicklow's next game to put them out] Laois "beat" Armagh by 1-10 to 0-10 the first day and then by a point yesterday. Laois were 1-5 to 0-1 up at half time but a large part of this was down to Armagh's poor shooting - they had something around the the order of 10 wides by half-time. Armagh turned in a performance in the 2nd half to score 1-9 but Laois managed to get 6 points to fall across the line.

Overall the Laois defence does not look secure and Clare have the forwards to take advantage. 3 of Laois's 4 wins this year were against an Armagh side who are having a miserable year (also relegated, no championship win) with Laois's other win coming against Wicklow who had 3 narrow Division 4 wins this year - (a point over Leitrim, 2 points over Waterford, a goal over London)

One big issue is the hurling - Clare hurlers are in action against Limerick the night before so there will be doubts about what's going to happen with Podge Collins who is definitely among Clare's more vital performers. I'll be reducing my stake a bit to take this into account but I still think Clare represent decent value overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Update on the plan for Podge - the plan is for him to play both games at the moment and the overall state of the Clare squad's fitness - couple of niggles but nothing serious

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/podge-collins-set-for-double-action-with-clare-this-weekend-408531.html

Gone for Dubs minus 4 v Offaly tomorrow night at 5/6 with bet365.

Gone for Dubs minus 4 v Offaly tomorrow night at 5/6 with bet365.

Up.

• Advertisement

So, thinking for the weekend:

Mayo over 1.5 goals.
    Cork over 1.5 goals.
    Cavan over 1.5 goals.
    And over 1.5 goals in the Monaghan game.

My biggest issue here is the weather and Mayo! There's rumours rampant around the county that there's trouble in the ranks. They're the most one I don't like, so I may leave them out.

Any thoughts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement