Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

fancy galway v roscommon with a few to spare. lift the cup 5/6, smaller stakes at -2(7/4) and -3(12/5).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

80s Child wrote: »
    So, thinking for the weekend:

Mayo over 1.5 goals.
    Cork over 1.5 goals.
    Cavan over 1.5 goals.
    And over 1.5 goals in the Monaghan game.

My biggest issue here is the weather and Mayo! There's rumours rampant around the county that there's trouble in the ranks. They're the most one I don't like, so I may leave them out.

Any thoughts?

What price is that accumulatr . Like the look of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

spurshero wrote: »

About 4.3 for the fourfold

edit: this 4.3 acca is for (GAMES over 1.5 goals) rather than a specific team.

About 4.3 for the fourfold

Actually done that accum in p p their . It's 10 to1 or so. 8 to 15 Cavan 6 to 4 mayo 10 to 11 cork and 8 to 15 over 1.5in Longford game . Done for 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

The obvious treble today;

Mayo (Football)
    Clare (Hurling)
    Cork (Hurling)

At around the 4/5 mark looks very solid to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Mayo over 1.5 goals.
    Cork over 1.5 goals.
    Cavan over 1.5 goals.

My biggest issue here is the weather and Mayo! There's rumours rampant around the county that there's trouble in the ranks. They're the most one I don't like, so I may leave them out.

Any thoughts?

I changed this lads due to the weather conditions around the country. I'm in Castlebar, and under foot will be slippy but it has dried up.

I've gone for games as opposed to teams, so all of the GAMES above over 1.5 goals rather than trams! I've done them as doubles and trebles and altogether.

Wife had a baby yesterday, five weeks early, so things are a bit hectic! New father syndrome personified!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Clare - 3
    Ros + 1
    Over 1.5 goals in Mayo and Monaghan games.

Pays 15/2

I changed this lads due to the weather conditions around the country. I'm in Castlebar, and under foot will be slippy but it has dried up.

I've gone for games as opposed to teams, so all of the GAMES above over 1.5 goals rather than trams! I've done them as doubles and trebles and altogether.

Wife had a baby yesterday, five weeks early, so things are a bit hectic! New father syndrome personified!

Congrats . Your doing well to get to bookies !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

2/1 on over 2.5 cavan goals with boyles looks a very good value bet.

manafana wrote: »
    2/1 on over 2.5 cavan goals with boyles looks a very good value bet.

Should be able to put a few past Carlow . Once their not feeling the effects of 6 day turnaround

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Many congratulations on the birth of the baby - and on the winning bet of course :):):)

Mayo over 1.5 goals.
    Cork over 1.5 goals.
    Cavan over 1.5 goals.

Any thoughts?

Too tipping well done ya made us both a few quid I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Too tipping well done ya made us both a few quid I hope

Cheers for the good wishes bucks!

Ya, a little beauty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Bloody Cork hurlers, added them last minute to my fivefold. Of course as the shortest price they duly obliged to **** it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Waterford 13/8 tomorrow. Also -1 @ 2/1 and -3 @10/3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

galway cup bet is still a runner, but i'm much less confident now. home stadium, gale force wind at their backs, 2pt up with 4 minutes on the clock and they couldn't close it out. replay in machale too so no home advantage. in hindsight i should have done draw no bet. won't be backing them for the replay that's for sure.

might take on dublin on the handicap. in their last game it looked to me like they wanted to keep the score down. i think they scored 2 pts in the last 15 mins. if they tried to play the difference would have been huge. maybe they want to keep the scores respectable i don't know. obviously if they go all out they can beat anybody by a cricket score but i expect more of the same at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

I see Clare are favs to beat Sligo at home next wkend , had it as evens both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Clare beat Sligo by 1-11 to 0- 7 when they met in the league.
    Clare are a team that have a very decent record at home and will have Podge available for the full game (he only came on in the 48th minute in the Laois game)
    Also Roscommon scored 4-16 against Sligo in the game prior to the Leitrim game.
    I wouldn't have Clare as short as they are but they definitely deserve to be favourites.

Edit: Clare were 1/2 went I last looked at the price which was what I was basing the "as short as they are" bit, they are now 4/6 which I think is worth a small punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

TJ Reid out to 10/1 with PP for HOTY, 11/2 with Boyles, looks a very generous price.

Just to clarify - Sligo are at home for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    TJ Reid out to 10/1 with PP for HOTY, 11/2 with Boyles, looks a very generous price.

It's huge, they are 6/4 to win the AI, so you are affectively getting 3/1 on TJ being their most influential player, seems very generous to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Longford look to be overpriced at 5s.The game is going ahead in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

yabadabado wrote: »
    Longford look to be overpriced at 5s.The game is going ahead in Longford.

I'll take Longford +7 @1/2. Should be ok, Longford in great form and Cork in terrible form. Cork were very unconvincing last weekend against a Limerick side that have been relegated to division 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Would anyone else think Dean Rock could be a decent bet around 25/1 for footballer of the year ? .

He seems to be the main man for Dublin frees this year he's odds on to be top point scorer .

Always seems to play well enough to me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Not sure he contributes enough from general play tbh. Great freetaker but very few standout moments in the big games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Cavan -1 at home to Derry at 5/6 looks decent if weather is ok.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

robbie1977 wrote:
    Would anyone else think Dean Rock could be a decent bet around 25/1 for footballer of the year ? .

You could do worse . Dublin are more than likely going to win it out so most likely a Dublin player to win it. Outside of Dublin players not many standing out . Maybe Paul Gainey of Kerry as a long shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

wonga77 wrote: »
    Not sure he contributes enough from general play tbh. Great freetaker but very few standout moments in the big games

The three games from the quarter final on will decide the footballer of the year, the Leinster championship will have no impact, and I think against higher quality opposition, like last year, he won't be all that effective.

You could do worse . Dublin are more than likely going to win it out so most likely a Dublin player to win it. Outside of Dublin players not many standing out . Maybe Paul Gainey of Kerry as a long shot

I backed Paul Murphy of Kerry when he was 50/1 - he's into 16/1 now.
    It was only very small stakes and more of a "if Kerry do win the All-Ireland who from the Kerry team is likely to be in with a shout for POTY"

Nearly sure Geaney was at the 50/1 mark as well and I was considering him but the fact that he had been out injured for all the league made me look elsewhere.

A big thing to remember is that it is all the other GAA intercounty players who vote for it which is why I think Connolly at 4/1 is terrible value. I think Kilkenny at 5/1 represents far better value if you are looking at Dublin.

If Tyrone do win Sam I will be gobsmacked if Peter Harte 20/1 doesn't win it

With Mayo it would would than likely have to be Cillian O'Connor but he's having a very poor year by his standards, which is a big reason Mayo are having a poor year imo.

With Donegal it's very hard to see them winning without Murphy 33/1 picking up POTY

The key thing to remember is that there is a massive correlation between POTY and being a member of the winning team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

robbiezero wrote: »
    Cavan -1 at home to Derry at 5/6 looks decent if weather is ok.

Givney is a massive loss for Cavan considering he's their target man and was the main reason they took Tyrone to a replay. Poor against Carlow last week and this will be their 3rd game in as many weeks. Have a feeling they've peaked already to get league promotion and are on a downward trajectory. Derry aren't worldbeaters either but may still have enough to win. If this game was in Derry I'd definitely be backing them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement