Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

So, this week's thoughts:

Mayo v Kildare over 1.5 goals 1/3
    Cork v Longford over 1.5 goals 4/11
    Dublin v Westmeston over 1.5 goals 2/9
    Sligo v Ross over 1.5 goals 8/11

It works out at 3.4 or 2.4/1.

Going to have a double of Lee Kegan over .5 and Bradshaw over .5. Not sure of the odds on that yet.

Any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

80s Child wrote: »

Going to have a double of Lee Kegan over .5 and Bradshaw over .5. Not sure of the odds on that yet.

Any opinions?
    Won't be over 1.5 in Sligo v Ross;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Any opinions?

Sligo v Ros ???? what game is that?

Wouldn't really rate Bradshaw in terms of his point-taking ability - would want to be getting decent odds on that imo. Also deciding on a bet without knowing the odds is an unusual approach.

Also in terms of the goals bet, I don't think Mayo v Kildare at 1/3 is value - basically I just don't think either set of forwards is reliable enough to back to get goals, especially when Cillian O'Connor is having an off season. Also bar the Kerry and Dublin games last year, Kildare's record in terms of conceding goals isn't the worst - 6 conceded in the league and 3 in 3 championship games.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Won't be over 1.5 in Sligo v Ross;)

****e...another blue and yellow team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

The 15/8 available on Sligo at home seems a bit big to me, not convinced that Clare should be as short as they are at all.

BTTS @ 5/4 is an interesting one in that game too.

• Advertisement

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Sligo v Ros ???? what game is that?

Wouldn't really rate Bradshaw in terms of his point-taking ability - would want to be getting decent odds on that imo. Also deciding on a bet without knowing the odds is an unusual approach.

Also in terms of the goals bet, I don't think Mayo v Kildare at 1/3 is value - basically I just don't think either set of forwards is reliable enough to back to get goals, especially when Cillian O'Connor is having an off season. Also bar the Kerry and Dublin games last year, Kildare's record in terms of conceding goals isn't the worst - 6 conceded in the league and 3 in 3 championship games.

Keegan has been 5/6 and 4/7 to score in his previous two games and has duly obliged. Bradshaw scored against Mayo and Ross the last day. I'm caught between him and Gary O Donnell.

With regards Mayo, yes, they're not firing on all cylinders, but they're playing poorly and still winning. They should have had a legitimate penalty against Fermanagh for the foul on COC and near the end they were two on one and AOS decided to fist pass it over for the easy point. I also feel that Kildare are poor, but COS will have a lot of knowledge of the Mayo setup, so that will help.

Again, weather can be a big influence here, so I think I'm going to relax till tomorrow evening.

If the weather is poor in Dublin, is the handicap worth taking on? It's -15 on Bet365, I haven't checked the others as yet. Anyone any info on the Westmeath setup? If they decide to go all out defending, it could be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Keegan has been 5/6 and 4/7 to score in his previous two games and has duly obliged. Bradshaw scored against Mayo and Ross the last day. I'm caught between him and Gary O Donnell.

AFAIK Bradshaw was 11/8 over 0.5 in the drawn game, assume it will be closer to evens or shade of odds on for the replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

All depends on checking the forecasts before the games ,I'd fancy 2-3 goals in every Mayo game played in dry conditions ,Galway Roscommon the same as long as there's no rain, always makes games sluggish for backing goals I find..
    Longford +5 at home to Cork ,dunno are Cork 6 better than many teams left in the qualifiers especially when there away from home , after last weeks result I suppose they can see Longford being on too much of a high to give as much an effort this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

seanhynes wrote: »
    All depends on checking the forecasts before the games ,I'd fancy 2-3 goals in every Mayo game played in dry conditions ,Galway Roscommon the same as long as there's no rain, always makes games sluggish for backing goals I find..
    Longford +5 at home to Cork ,dunno are Cork 6 better than many teams left in the qualifiers especially when there away from home , after last weeks result I suppose they can see Longford being on too much of a high to give as much an effort this week

I think Longford will have a right cut at home to Cork this weekend, whether they will be good enough or what Cork team will show up is another days work, but Longford will give it everything, after last weekends heroics and glory, they won't want to spoil it all by going out easily, huge momentum with them now also - plus 5 does look quite decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Patrick_Swayze

I think Cork will beat Longford -5
    They’re getting back a few of the dual players now the hurlers are out and have a point to prove after all the bad talk about them the last while after losing to Tipp and before that too.
    Longford will be well up for it being at home and after beating monaghan but I still think the gap in class will be shown.
    I don’t think Monaghan turned up in any shape or form that day tbh. They were clearly knackered from the two Donegal games in consecutive weeks.
    Also think Mayo will cover the handicap as well. Kildare’s defence is awful and we’re missing a couple that started against Offaly. We give away needless frees and CO’C will duly put them away this weekend. The last two times we’ve met ‘big teams’ we’ve conceded a rake of goals and I think that will continue too, we’ve nobody capable of handling O’Shea.
    My bets will be a Cork/ Mayo handicap double & Aidan O’Shea anytime goalscorer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Mallow 3/10 one of my outright fancies against a depleted tracton

CIT 4/9 a very strong side against a poor muskerry side

Both look nailed on in cork

Carrigdouhn at 6/5 look a huge price aswell in cork with Newcestown missing 5 starters

I've the treble done

And I've a 5 fold with

Drom and inch 1/5 v Holycross, Drom beat thurles without callinan a few weeks ago and have him back now, Burgess accounted for Holycross with ease last time out

Loughmore 2/7 against moycarkey, the McGraths are all firing well and Loughmore will be eyeing a run at the county, should win this one

Any thoughts or comments on these picks more than welcome, best of luck!

pablo24 wrote: »

Carrigdouhn at 6/5 look a huge price aswell in cork with Newcestown missing 5 starters

I've the treble done

And I've a 5 fold with

Drom and inch 1/5 v Holycross, Drom beat thurles without callinan a few weeks ago and have him back now, Burgess accounted for Holycross with ease last time out

Loughmore 2/7 against moycarkey, the McGraths are all firing well and Loughmore will be eyeing a run at the county, should win this one

I'm going to follow you here Pablo.
    A nice day in Castlebar so far. Mc Hale park may still be a little wet under foot, but if it keeps like this, I'd be confident of over the 1.5 goals.

Strange team selection at midfield, with Vaughan coming in. Moran starts at full forward, coming off scoring 3-7 in a club championship match a couple of weeks ago.

For me COC really needs to set the tone for the rest of the team today; he seems to be almost trying too hard, tat he's forcing the issue at times and not doing what's natural.

AOS is under pressure also after last week's antics.

I'm expecting Mayo to beat them by 5. I'm our biggest critic and the place is rife with talk of trouble in the camp, both on and off the field, but I just think they've gotten a favorable draw and they HAVE to kick into gear at some stage.....hopefully!!

I'll keep ye updated on the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I think Cork will beat Longford -5
    They’re getting back a few of the dual players now the hurlers are out and have a point to prove after all the bad talk about them the last while after losing to Tipp and before that too.
    Longford will be well up for it being at home and after beating monaghan but I still think the gap in class will be shown.
    I don’t think Monaghan turned up in any shape or form that day tbh. They were clearly knackered from the two Donegal games in consecutive weeks.
    Also think Mayo will cover the handicap as well. Kildare’s defence is awful and we’re missing a couple that started against Offaly. We give away needless frees and CO’C will duly put them away this weekend. The last two times we’ve met ‘big teams’ we’ve conceded a rake of goals and I think that will continue too, we’ve nobody capable of handling O’Shea.
    My bets will be a Cork/ Mayo handicap double & Aidan O’Shea anytime goalscorer

Cork have picked the same 15 as started the Limerick game and Walsh and Cadogan aren't even on the bench. Looking at the 26 named in the match day squad there are a lot of question marks against an awful lot of that 26. Some are only half-fit, some are clearly not inter-county standard, some look to be over the hill while some are very much in the category of young and inexperienced and are in there more out of hope than anything else. It has the feel of names thrown against the team-sheet in the hope some will stick as opposed to an actual team. Against that Longford seem to look like an actual team and are at home. Cork should probably win but I really don't think they can be relied upon in any shape or form.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Taking Longford at evens, pp

4 pts up at ht and cork haven't scored in over 25 mins.

Edit. Cork find their shooting boots to win by 6

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

I'll take Longford +7 @1/2. Should be ok, Longford in great form and Cork in terrible form. Cork were very unconvincing last weekend against a Limerick side that have been relegated to division 4.

Never in doubt! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Thinking of backing Under 31.5 points in the Donegal Tyrone match tomorrow at Evens

Conchy wrote: »
    Thinking of backing Under 31.5 points in the Donegal Tyrone match tomorrow at Evens

What's the story with the weather? Looks a great bet!

Think it's going to be dry, anyone else think this is a good bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'm not sure Donegal are 2/1 shots against this overrated Tyrone team.

So i'll take that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Hard to know. Any goal and it's probably stumped. I think over 31.5 in connacht fair better bet.

• Advertisement

If it's dry, I wouldn't.

The Connacht final, as aforementioned, over 31.5 is a better bet. A lovely day here, not a breath in it!

robbiezero wrote: »
    Hard to know. Any goal and it's probably stumped. I think over 31.5 in connacht fair better bet.

Went ahead with it anyway :D Was waiting for my winnings on betfair to back Galway but by the time the winnings came in it was too late :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

pablo24 wrote: »

I've the treble done

And I've a 5 fold with

Superb tipping thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

langer91 wrote: »
    Superb tipping thank you very much!

No hassle!!

I hope plenty of ye got on, great weekend of it!!

Any opinions?

Left Keegan and Bradshaw out.

The Dubs made me sweat!! My cash out was 270 before the game and at the lowest point it was 62!!

Pablo, fair play! A nice bit of tipping!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

pablo24 wrote:
    I hope plenty of ye got on, great weekend of it!!

Done your treble. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Done your treble. Thanks

Me too and thanks. :)

Would have been a great weekend, had Paul Conroy scored two points instead of one. :(

Me too and thanks. :)

Would have been a great weekend, had Paul Conroy scored two points instead of one. :(

Conroy for an All Star??? Playing really well and if Galway get to the semi I think he's elected.

Looking at:

Rhode 1/7
    Gracefield 2/7
    Geraldine 2/7
    Newtown Blues 1/6
    St Mary 's 2/9

Any insight/local knowledge would be great!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

I like the look of Lixnaw in the Kerry Hurling Championship @ 9/4 to beat Kilmoyley

Even though Kilmoyley are the champions, Lixnaw have had the edge over them the last number of years. Kilmoyleys best forward Daniel Collins also injured his hamstring two weeks ago in their loss to Abbeydorney and if he is anyway not fit then it's hard to see where Kilmoyleys scores will come from!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement