Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Did lixnaw not loose Paul Galvin to Kilmacud crokes this year. Don't know much about Kerry club hurling but I'm guessing this may be factored into their big price

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭biffo2014

80s Child wrote: »
    Looking at:

Rhode 1/7
    Gracefield 2/7
    Geraldine 2/7
    Newtown Blues 1/6
    St Mary 's 2/9

Any insight/local knowledge would be great!!

Rhode should win no problem.
    Gracefield I would leave out. Can blow hot and cold and have a small enough panel for Senior. St Rynaghs always cause a shock every year but they are missing Joey O Connor so hard to know what way this match wil go. 2/7 is too short for me to risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

biffo2014 wrote: »
    Rhode should win no problem.
    Gracefield I would leave out. Can blow hot and cold and have a small enough panel for Senior. St Rynaghs always cause a shock every year but they are missing Joey O Connor so hard to know what way this match wil go. 2/7 is too short for me to risk.

Cheers Biffo!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Looking at:

Rhode 1/7
    Gracefield 2/7
    Geraldine 2/7
    Newtown Blues 1/6
    St Mary 's 2/9

Any insight/local knowledge would be great!!

Geraldines should probably beat Cooley but are very poor value 2/7 shots. Newtown Blues and St Marys will both win, Marys are actually value at 2/9. They have to win by 9 to top the group so will be going all out to win by as much as possible. They play O'Raghallaighs who are rank

Geraldines should probably beat Cooley but are very poor value 2/7 shots. Newtown Blues and St Marys will both win, Marys are actually value at 2/9. They have to win by 9 to top the group so will be going all out to win by as much as possible. They play O'Raghallaighs who are rank

Cheers Grattan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Treble going off the above info:

Rhode
    St Mary's
    Newtown Blues

langer91 wrote: »

Rhode
    St Mary's
    Newtown Blues

Exactly what I'm thinking. Gives you 3/5 from my reckoning.

Thinking of having a right go on this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Going with under 36.5 points in the Clare Roscommon game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Sly punt on Tipperary ,they already beat cork earlier don't have them 12/5 odds myself especially for a team whov had a 3 week break ,the venue shouldn't be any issue after what Longford done to Monaghan ,Tipp are capable of pulling off a result ,a 3week break should count for a lot in the qualifiers at this stage and Derry playing the past 2 weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Clare/Tipp double, just under 8/1. Worth a tenner.

• Advertisement

Clare Clare and Tipp Tipp gives 35.75/1 !!! Just saying.

The treble is killing me. Rhode are gone to 1/10. If this was my own county I'd be on already, but not knowing enough is holding me back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Patrick_Swayze

Clare Tipp double is definitely worth a bet as mentioned above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

The treble is killing me. Rhode are gone to 1/10. If this was my own county I'd be on already, but not knowing enough is holding me back!!

Rhode should really piss it, Tullamore are having trouble getting no's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Would have been very unlucky if you were on this, a lucky enough goal just before half time denied it

Would have been very unlucky if you were on this, a lucky enough goal just before half time denied it

Am mate and I had 20 quid a piece. Sick.

How's the treble looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Is the 9/2 available on Tyrone effectively a free e/w bet on them to lift Sam based on the current draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

would have to imagine they just have to beat mayo to get to final . galway are improving but its probaly a year too soon for them if they overcome tipp to put it up to a battle hardened team like tyrone . personally think mayo might beat tyrone myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

I could be wrong but expect Tyrone to beat Mayo Galway or who ever is in front of them readily enough , the dubs or Kerry are a different proposition , Tyrone are a serious outfit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

tyrone are 11 to 2 with sj. they might beat mayo but they wont beat them readily in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

7adf9daeb3fac200762c1ea5387ac9582df9e1932a6e41b3f829d5250dc15fc1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Patrick_Swayze

Clare and Tipp both winning against the odds yesterday

With that in mind, think I'll get on Wexford at 9/2 to beat Waterford.
    Wexford had their first win over Cork in i don't know how many years so they'll be high on confidence albeit a poor Cork side.
    Waterford were mentally destroyed against Tipp the other week

Also, anytime red card 7/4 is worth a score, two aggressive sides

Newtown Blues are after going from 5-2 up, to 1-5 to 5 down. FFS!!!

Must have been a gael!! Cheers lads for the info!!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

langer91 wrote: »

Rhode
    St Mary's
    Newtown Blues

Cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Looking at a double on Galway to reach both senior finals @15.25. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Looking at a double on Galway to reach both senior finals @15.25. Any thoughts?

Your backing them to beat Tipp in the hurling and Tyrone or probably Mayo in the football. Not a bad price.

Based on goals per game:

Mayo v WM over 1.5: 4/9
    Kerry v Clare over 1.5: 2/9
    Galway V Tipp over 1.5: 1/4
    Donegal V Cork under 3.5: 1/6.

Gives a combined of 1.5/1.

Again, Mayo are my concern. If WM keep it tight, they could really struggle to get the required goal chances. But, as seen in the Dublin game, as the game goes on the gaps should appear.

In the Kerry Clare game I think if JOD plays, that they could shoot the lights out. It could well be over 2.5 or even 3.5 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

It wasn't a particularly lucky goal, derry were probably worthy of their ht lead imo and if tipp had won ht and ft, that could have been classed as pretty lucky, seeing as tipp came from 2 points down with 69 mins played to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Your backing them to beat Tipp in the hurling and Tyrone or probably Mayo in the football. Not a bad price.

Tipp in football and hurling.
    Good record against tipp in the hurling, footballers can historically turn anyone over on their day and won't be scared of Tyrone (if they make it there), I wouldn't fancy them to beat mayo again though. I'm also not sure they'll get past tipp on Sunday.
    All in all, there's value in the price, and whilst 8 don't see it happening, the price might tempt me.

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    It wasn't a particularly lucky goal, derry were probably worthy of their ht lead imo and if tipp had won ht and ft, that could have been classed as pretty lucky, seeing as tipp came from 2 points down with 69 mins played to win.

I thought Tipp missed a plethora of chances in that first half. They cut through Derry at will in the first 15 min but didn't make it count. But of course, I would say that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Tipp in football and hurling.
    Good record against tipp in the hurling, footballers can historically turn anyone over on their day and won't be scared of Tyrone (if they make it there), I wouldn't fancy them to beat mayo again though. I'm also not sure they'll get past tipp on Sunday.
    All in all, there's value in the price, and whilst 8 don't see it happening, the price might tempt me.

I'm not sure where this talk of Galway having a good record against Tipp in hurling is coming from. Since the turn of the century, Galway have beaten Tipp in 00, 05 and 15 with Tipp winning in 01, 03, 10 and 14.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement