Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I'm not sure where this talk of Galway having a good record against Tipp in hurling is coming from. Since the turn of the century, Galway have beaten Tipp in 00, 05 and 15 with Tipp winning in 01, 03, 10 and 14.

A good enough record to justify their inclusion in a 15/1 double I'd say. They would only need say a 1 in 3 chance of reaching one final and a 1 in 4 chance in the other to make it an good value bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Lads can I ask what may be a very stupid question but something I've never been 100% sure on. I see a few of ye here mentioning backing teams ht/ft. Is this bet for a team to win the first half and then win the second half or is it for a team to win the first half and then win the match?

For example last Sunday, Galway were 7 points up at half time and thus "won" the first half. Then they ended up winning the match by 6 so they "lost" the second half but won the match. If I had Galway ht/ft in this instance would it have been a winner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Lads can I ask what may be a very stupid question but something I've never been 100% sure on. I see a few of ye here mentioning backing teams ht/ft. Is this bet for a team to win the first half and then win the second half or is it for a team to win the first half and then win the match?

For example last Sunday, Galway were 7 points up at half time and thus "won" the first half. Then they ended up winning the match by 6 so they "lost" the second half but won the match. If I had Galway ht/ft in this instance would it have been a winner?

yes it would be a winner. Ht/Ft means to lead at ht and win the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Just put a few quid on Colm cavanagh today to win an all star at 4/1.
    Think he has a good chance and thought the price was decent. Think Brennan and Fenton are the main rivals and probable front runners but reckon he could get put some where. If Tyrone win their next match I reckon that price will go in. Tyrone will have at least 2/3 all stars and apart from Peter Harte and possibly McCann I think cavanagh is next in line. He is always been touted in the media as so important to Tyrone and if he doesn't get it this year he never will. Mattie Donnelly already got his all star last year. There my thoughts anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Just put a few quid on Colm cavanagh today to win an all star at 4/1.
    Think he has a good chance and thought the price was decent. Think Brennan and Fenton are the main rivals and probable front runners but reckon he could get put some where. If Tyrone win their next match I reckon that price will go in. Tyrone will have at least 2/3 all stars and apart from Peter Harte and possibly McCann I think cavanagh is next in line. He is always been touted in the media as so important to Tyrone and if he doesn't get it this year he never will. Mattie Donnelly already got his all star last year. There my thoughts anyway
    looks a good price to me..what's cathal mccarron's price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Dots1982 wrote: »

Don't know off hand have to check at home tonight..
    He could be a good shout too

Don't know off hand have to check at home tonight..
    He could be a good shout too

If I could get 5/2 I'd back but reckon he'd be 8/5..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

McCarron is best price 7/4.

Same As wrote: »

McCarron is best price 7/4.
    That isn't bad but the all ireland series is where all stars are made so its still risky

I'm thinking the points line in the Donegal Cork match is a little high.

The total points in matches involving Donegal in the last 2 seasons in League and Championship read as follows:

2015 League: 30, 27, 23, 16, 36 (vs Kerry), 22, 24, 42 (vs League Semi vs Cork).
    2015 Championship: 29, 25, 22, 21, 32, 30.
    2016 League: 31, 30, 32, 27, 39 (vs Roscommon), 20, 25, 36 (League Semi vs Dublin).
    2016 Championship: 29, 28, 33 (replay vs Monaghan), 24.

Only 4 times in 26 games has the total points exceeded 35 points - all in the league. Nothing over 33 points in Championship since the dissembling of Dublin in 2014 (twice that championship, other time was versus Antrim).

I'll have a go at the under 34.5 points based on the above at 4/5 with Paddy, although the '32 or under' at 6/4 is very tempting too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Same As wrote: »
    I'm thinking the points line in the Donegal Cork match is a little high.

The total points in matches involving Donegal in the last 2 seasons in League and Championship read as follows:

2015 League: 30, 27, 23, 16, 36 (vs Kerry), 22, 24, 42 (vs League Semi vs Cork).
    2015 Championship: 29, 25, 22, 21, 32, 30.
    2016 League: 31, 30, 32, 27, 39 (vs Roscommon), 20, 25, 36 (League Semi vs Dublin).
    2016 Championship: 29, 28, 33 (replay vs Monaghan), 24.

Only 4 times in 26 games has the total points exceeded 35 points - all in the league. Nothing over 33 points in Championship since the dissembling of Dublin in 2014 (twice that championship, other time was versus Antrim).

I'll have a go at the under 34.5 points based on the above at 4/5 with Paddy, although the '32 or under' at 6/4 is very tempting too!

An excellent bit of analysis/research.

I've been thinking of going hard at this. If the weather worsens, I've no concerns at all, I'm just wondering will Cork collapse and let the flood gates open. Even in saying that, I don't think Donegal are direct enough to do the required damage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Comparing league games in January to croker in mid summer can be very different. Would it not be best to look at their matches in croker over past number of years and see how they compare? I'm not saying that its not a good bet but pitch and weather conditions have a huge bearing on how points markets fare out

mjp wrote: »
    Comparing league games in January to croker in mid summer can be very different. Would it not be best to look at their matches in croker over past number of years and see how they compare? I'm not saying that its not a good bet but pitch and weather conditions have a huge bearing on how points markets fare out

True. I think they've gone backwards as well though. Their transition between defence and attack hasn't been where is was under JMCG'S reign.

If they set up ala Tyrone and don't put Murphy inside, I think it'll be very difficult for both teams to put up a big score. 18 +15 is 33, and that's where I'm thinking it might fall at its highest limit.

Also, if you backed over 32.5 and under 34.5 and it was 33, well sure, you'd be elected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Anyone got anything on the weekend club scene?

In Laois, the bookies seem to have it priced up pretty spot on unfortunately.

Just for interest I might have a very very small bet on Portarlington at 11/4 to beat Arles Killeen and Killeshin at 10/3 to beat Arles Kilcruise but am in no way recommending either of these bets!

mjp wrote: »

Absolutely agree 100% - the addendum I'll add here is there's a 40% chance of rain forecast for 4pm-6pm on Saturday evening, so hopefully that strengthens the chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Galway are 13/5 to beat Tipp in the hurling on 365, probably interest a few on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Galway are 13/5 to beat Tipp in the hurling on 365, probably interest a few on here.

its a decent price. I like the draw myself, think it will be tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Huge price. Might take Galway with the handicap. Still fancy Tipp to win though, phenomenal performance in the Munster final in terrible conditions against a decent Waterford team. Fancy Kilkenny to beat a battling Waterford in the other semi and go on and beat Tipp as well.

I'm on a Cats & Dubs outright double @ 4/1 since about 2 weeks ago. Can't see anyone beating either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Any reason for the big move on Shamrocks of Offaly v Tullamore in hurling.
    into 5/4 now with boyles and Paddy. 3/1 or 11/4 with bet365 etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Kerry -6 @2/5 against Clare.Should I run to the bookies tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Lee Keegan over .5 is 8/15.

Has scored in each game so far this year. With Westmeath ' s setup you may have to sweat for a while but I think it's good.

Colm Boyle over .5 is 6/5. Has scored in 3/4 games so far I think, but I'm open to correction here.

Andy Moran over 1.5 is 8/11. Playing very well in club football here and with Westmeath 's mass defense, maybe the one to unlock it when the game opens up.

Westmeath +12 against Mayo?

Johngoose wrote: »
    Westmeath +12 against Mayo?

I wouldn't take it straight away. I'd bet in running here instead. If it remains tight in the first half, you might get Mayo -3 or 4 and that I think is the better bet.

80s Child wrote: »
    I wouldn't take it straight away. I'd bet in running here instead. If it remains tight in the first half, you might get Mayo -3 or 4 and that I think is the better bet.

The only thing is I don't have an online account for fear of not getting mortgage etc.

Anyone in Dublin that can tell me how the weather is??

Kerry -6 @2/5 against Clare.Should I run to the bookies tomorrow?

Should Kerry walk this game?I know they are without Gooch and 1 or two others.

Anyone in Dublin that can tell me how the weather is??

It's meant to be wet at 4 o clock according to iPhone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

On the Donegal v Cork points being high - Cork struggled to score for long periods against Limerick and Longford - and have relied a lot on goals, I can see Donegal shutting down the Cork attack for very long periods and goals being far far harder to get than in any game so far - Also Cork have had issues with free-taking as well - However I'd be worried that Donegal might put up a score today against that Cork defence which just looks very porous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Lee Keegan over .5 is 8/15.

Has scored in each game so far this year. With Westmeath ' s setup you may have to sweat for a while but I think it's good.

Colm Boyle over .5 is 6/5. Has scored in 3/4 games so far I think, but I'm open to correction here.

Andy Moran over 1.5 is 8/11. Playing very well in club football here and with Westmeath 's mass defense, maybe the one to unlock it when the game opens up.

Andy Moran to score a goal might be worth a small bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

The only thing is I don't have an online account for fear of not getting mortgage etc.

Get a swirl card. I got one to buy phone accessories for my daughter online but used it for betting since. It works out dearer ( 3 euro to top up and 75c per deposit to betting account) but it appears nowhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement