Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

cocoman wrote: »
    Andy Moran to score a goal might be worth a small bet.

Ya. As a lone bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭factnee

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    On the Donegal v Cork points being high - Cork struggled to score for long periods against Limerick and Longford - and have relied a lot on goals, I can see Donegal shutting down the Cork attack for very long periods and goals being far far harder to get than in any game so far - Also Cork have had issues with free-taking as well - However I'd be worried that Donegal might put up a score today against that Cork defence which just looks very porous.

Indeed - after all Cork conceded 3 15 to Tipperary..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    On the Donegal v Cork points being high - Cork struggled to score for long periods against Limerick and Longford - and have relied a lot on goals, I can see Donegal shutting down the Cork attack for very long periods and goals being far far harder to get than in any game so far - Also Cork have had issues with free-taking as well - However I'd be worried that Donegal might put up a score today against that Cork defence which just looks very porous.

Yeah I'm worried about Donegal might rack up a big score today but still think Ill back under 34.5 on betfair with smaller than usual stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

What about 37.5 with Mayo v Westmeath Paddy Power. Forecast says good chance of rain. Dublin didn't even reach that score v WM although you would expect WM to score more against Mayo than the Dubs.
    If the rain comes this could well come in under that.

robbiezero wrote: »
    What about 37.5 with Mayo v Westmeath Paddy Power. Forecast says good chance of rain. Dublin didn't even reach that score v WM although you would expect WM to score more against Mayo than the Dubs.
    If the rain comes this could well come in under that.

Bang on I'd say. Gotta love the rain!!!

I'm very worried about my under bet on the Donegal game. I'll be backing in running if needs be!!

• Advertisement

80s Child wrote: »
    Bang on I'd say. Gotta love the rain!!!

I'm very worried about my under bet on the Donegal game. I'll be backing in running if needs be!!

I think you will be ok getting out in running. It will almost definitely start slowly and Donegal will be parked in their half. If you can get the line down around 30 in the first half, I'd get out at that and you never know you might win both the under and over. I have done that a few times.

I think you will be ok getting out in running. It will almost definitely start slowly and Donegal will be parked in their half. If you can get the line down around 30 in the first half, I'd get out at that and you never know you might win both the under and over. I have done that a few times.

Spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Get a swirl card. I got one to buy phone accessories for my daughter online but used it for betting since. It works out dearer ( 3 euro to top up and 75c per deposit to betting account) but it appears nowhere.

much cheaper than this is skrill, free deposits, 1.5% fee with cap on withdrawals to bank, no charge to move between betting accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Johngoose wrote: »
    The only thing is I don't have an online account for fear of not getting mortgage etc.

Get a skrill account.Thread on here about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

The only thing is I don't have an online account for fear of not getting mortgage etc.

Can anyone confirm if there is any truth in this? I hear a lot of scaremongering bull**** but have never heard of anyone being refused a mortgage due to it. Gambling is very popular among lads in Ireland, can't see how it could be an issue - unless maybe you were spending money you didn't have.

• Advertisement

Conchy wrote: »
    Yeah I'm worried about Donegal might rack up a big score today but still think Ill back under 34.5 on betfair with smaller than usual stakes.
    factnee wrote: »
    Indeed - after all Cork conceded 3 15 to Tipperary..

Do we think Donegal are gonna win easily? I fancy a low scoring Donegal win tbh. Both teams like to keep men behind the ball and neither are normally huge scorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Can anyone confirm if there is any truth in this? I hear a lot of scaremongering bull**** but have never heard of anyone being refused a mortgage due to it. Gambling is very popular among lads in Ireland, can't see how it could be an issue - unless maybe you were spending money you didn't have.

I can confirm my first mortage application was rejected due to online gambling. Financial Advisor told me to do 16 weeks with no online gambling then apply again. I got approved after this. This was 2 and a half years ago

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    I can confirm my first mortage application was rejected due to online gambling. Financial Advisor told me to do 16 weeks with no online gambling then apply again. I got approved after this. This was 2 and a half years ago

Jesus. That's serious ****. Good job I have that noose around my neck already!! Can you imagine herself if we go rejected because of gambling! Mother of God!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Jesus. That's serious ****. Good job I have that noose around my neck already!! Can you imagine herself if we go rejected because of gambling! Mother of God!!

i got mine but they ended up asking for 52weeks of statements, assume they wanted see what went out compared to what i earned would been very small % of my salary, but it certainly is a flag for them

Thanks lads. Might start going through skrill so!

Donegal to win @ 8/15. ;)

Spot on!

Get out if you can i'd say. Donegal defending is unusually poor, they look a bit off the pace so far.

Get out if you can i'd say. Donegal defending is unusually poor, they look a bit off the pace so far.

Ah stop! Awful atilop from Donegal!

Ah stop! Awful atilop from Donegal!

I'll wait till it dips hopefully and back the over!

Donegal to win @ 8/15. ;)

****. Donegal in huge trouble here.

Did Cork -1 and Westmeath -6 for a value double.

Rubbish from Cork, 5 point lead thrown away in no time without even a goal.

• Advertisement

Note to self: never back over under until you see the weather!! A dear lesson here!

Note to self: never back over under until you see the weather!! A dear lesson here!

Ah in fairness, who would have expected such a wide open game here. Its actually a really good game, some great scores. McBrearty an absolute exhibition.

Thats the danger with low point scores I guess, very hard to get out if it takes off.

Well done Cork... Great second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

manafana wrote: »
    much cheaper than this is skrill, free deposits, 1.5% fee with cap on withdrawals to bank, no charge to move between betting accounts

Didn't know about Skrill, thanks. Can you top up instantly like with swirl?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Any reason for the big move on Shamrocks of Offaly v Tullamore in hurling.
    into 5/4 now with boyles and Paddy. 3/1 or 11/4 with bet365 etc.

Great spot

Any reason for the big move on Shamrocks of Offaly v Tullamore in hurling.
    into 5/4 now with boyles and Paddy. 3/1 or 11/4 with bet365 etc.

Shamrocks win. That 3/1 was value

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

What price were Tipp to beat Galway today? Savage performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

What price were Tipp to beat Galway today? Savage performance

3 to 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Tyrone looking stronger after today

• Advertisement

Well lads, I was taught a lesson this weekend after the last few. The exuberance of youth (I feel young!) I suppose!

Hope it went better for the rest of ye!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement