Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

80s Child wrote: »
    Hope it went better for the rest of ye!!

It didn't :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Well lads, I was taught a lesson this weekend after the last few. The exuberance of youth (I feel young!) I suppose!

Hope it went better for the rest of ye!!

Finally got a ladbrokes double odds payout thanks to quinlivan today, been doing one a game for tv matches for the past month. Super offer, pp giving double odd for first goalscorer in first 10 mins, down from 1st 15 mins last year (which prob cost them as favs were constantly banging them in early, brogan, connolly, Reid, o'Connor etc). Ladbrokes on seeing pp's miserly offering are giving double odds if the goal is inside 20 mins, u gotta watch the prices though, sometimes they can be way inferior to what's generally available, but all in all, it makes little sense to do first goalscorer bets elsewhere (prob makes little sense doing them at all, but I do enjoy the double odds enticement).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Tyrone looking stronger after today

Dublin @ evs looks like free money !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

cocoman wrote: »
    Dublin @ evs looks like free money !!!

Where oh where did you get that price??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Where oh where did you get that price??

That's the price to lift Sam with pp and bet365, gone to 11/10 now

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    That's the price to lift Sam with pp, gone to 11/10 now

Apologies. It's late!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong

I'm thinking of putting a lump on Austin Gleason for the u21 hurler of the year at evens with Paddy Power. Nothing is guaranteed but can't see how he won't win it. What do you guys think

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Samsong wrote:
    I'm thinking of putting a lump on Austin Gleason for the u21 hurler of the year at evens with Paddy Power. Nothing is guaranteed but can't see how he won't win it. What do you guys think

He will most likely be playing in the final so that helps you. Chris Bennett and Treacy for Dublin have been very good too. If Dublin win it out you would think one of their players would get it maybe

He will most likely be playing in the final so that helps you. Chris Bennett and Treacy for Dublin have been very good too. If Dublin win it out you would think one of their players would get it maybe

He has had a great year for the seniors also. That's why I am considering it. Ronan Maher from tipp is 6/4 with Connor Whelan at 6/1.

Is this a separate category just for under 21 or is this the Gaa young Hurler of the year award ?

• Advertisement

Is this a separate category just for under 21 or is this the Gaa young Hurler of the year award ?

This is the gaa young hurler of the year. To be eligible for the award players must have played in this year's u21 championship. I'm not entirely sure if it includes performances above u21 level but I thought it would have. Correct me if I'm wrong though

Well I'm sure those performances are taken into account. Tadgh de Burca won it last year but it wasn't based on under 21 performance as he only played one match. 3 get nominated. Gleeson and Maher will be 2 . Not sure if conor whelan was as good this year as last. Hard to think of anyone else though. Kk have no one for that category. Maybe Shane Bennett? Evens looks good but Ronan Maher could well take it

Well I'm sure those performances are taken into account. Tadgh de Burca won it last year but it wasn't based on under 21 performance as he only played one match. 3 get nominated. Gleeson and Maher will be 2 . Not sure if conor whelan was as good this year as last. Hard to think of anyone else though. Kk have no one for that category. Maybe Shane Bennett? Evens looks good but Ronan Maher could well take it

Yes a lot will depend on the rest of the results for the year.

Dublin V Donegal.

I'm thinking that Dublin should win this by 6.

After Donegal's performance against Cork, if they're defence is that porous again, they could cough up a lot.

If on the other hand, they revert to type and come with an intensity that they have really been bereft of so far this year, then it maybe closer than we think.

What are the thoughts on Dublin? Yes, they've had no big challenges to date, but they have the most complete panel in the country, so surely the competition for places should be enough to raise theit standards for this obstacle at least.

-4 is 4/6

-3 is 1/2

What are we thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

I think Evan Comerford for an All Star is great odds at 8-1. Restarts have been superb. Pulled off vital saves and is good in the air. There isn't as much of a bias to All Ireland finalists for all stars in football as there is in hurling. I think Ultimately Tipp will get 2 (maybe 3) to mark their remarkable run, playing football the way it should be played and being the talk of the summer. Quinlivan is a shoe in. Which leaves one from Acheson, Comerford, Sweeney, Kiely and Fox. Sweeney isn't in the betting which is a massive oversight considering his exploits in the last 2 televised games. I would watch the market for Sweeney. But out of all the Tipp lads mentioned I think Comerford has the least competition. Cluxton would seem the obvious choice but he is there on default at this stage. Comerford is an outstanding bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

The u21 championship has little or no bearing on the Young Hurler of the year award. Players do have to be u21 to be eligible.

It's Gleeson's too lose, Ronan Maher the only threat and even at that I don't see him winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭shmeee

Samsong wrote: »

It's based on the senior championship, his performances in U21 don't come into play.

Got MOTM against Clare, taken off against Tipp (should have been sent off), and couldn't stop hitting wides against Wexford.

It will come down to who gets to the final. If he has a poor game against Kilkenny then Auzzie might get over looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    I think Evan Comerford for an All Star is great odds at 8-1. Restarts have been superb. Pulled off vital saves and is good in the air. There isn't as much of a bias to All Ireland finalists for all stars in football as there is in hurling. I think Ultimately Tipp will get 2 (maybe 3) to mark their remarkable run, playing football the way it should be played and being the talk of the summer. Quinlivan is a shoe in. Which leaves one from Acheson, Comerford, Sweeney, Kiely and Fox. Sweeney isn't in the betting which is a massive oversight considering his exploits in the last 2 televised games. I would watch the market for Sweeney. But out of all the Tipp lads mentioned I think Comerford has the least competition. Cluxton would seem the obvious choice but he is there on default at this stage. Comerford is an outstanding bet.

Quinlivan was 12/1 before Sunday to get one. Hindsight really is 20/20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

i'll be taking a look at paddy andrews at 15/2 for an all star if hes named in the XV vs donegal. The championship starts this weekend as far as I'm concerned.

Babysitting here so I just thought I'd throw an accum together for the craic.
    Clonguish 3/10
    St Laurences 1/8
    Clara 1/3
    Sarsfields 1/14
    Fermoy 1/4
    Ballincollig 1/10
    Trim 2/9
    Padraig Pearses 2/5
    St Martins 2/5
    Navan O Mahonys 2/7
    Castletown 1/6
    Athy 1/4
    Clan na Gael 1/4

It returns just over 20/1.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about these teams, just having a tenner for the craic.

• Advertisement

Bill Maher to win an All-Star: 9/1.

Bill Maher to win an All-Star: 9/1.

To be fair, he has no chance. A nice young footballer all the same.

To be fair, he has no chance. A nice young footballer all the same.

To be fair, that is an outrageous dismissal.

The only half back nailed on at the moment is Peter Harte. A lot of football to be played yet, and he has as good a chance as any to get one of the other two spots.

To be fair, that is an outrageous dismissal.

The only half back nailed on at the moment is Peter Harte. A lot of football to be played yet, and he has as good a chance as any to get one of the other two spots.

It's really not lad. Save your money, not trying to be smart and I can see the Tipp angle to some degree but this is football where all stars are at a premium.

Cannot see Tipp winning an all ireland semi, they will be under serious pressure in the backs and doubt too many of them will be getting massive credit after. I'd have Quinlivan, Acheson, Sweeney all ahead of him. Comerford has an outside chance by being a keeper but hed want to have a great game in the semi. Robbie Kiely is probably on a par with Maher at the moment.

So can you see 6 Tipp lads getting all star?

You've got Ryan McHugh, Peter Harte, James McCarthy as competition and given the contest in midfield they might even shift Acheson into the halfback category. You reckon he can overtake 3 of those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Not for small stakes, but for big hitters and accums Mayo over 14.5 points @4/9 tomorrow is very appealing (and even over 16.5 @10/11)
    Although Tyrone only conceded 11 v Donegal in Ulster final, that was played in Clones and will be a diff type of game in Croker v Mayo, they let in 5 goals in 2 games v Cavan
    Mayo's qualifier games have accumulated 24 / 23 / 20.
    A better comparison maybe Mayo's recent results in Croker v The Big teams (Donegal / Kerry / Dublin / Tyrone) which yielded :
    2015 19 (V Donegal), 18 & 17 (Dublin & replay)
    2014 22 (v Cork), 19 & 22AET (v Kerry)
    2013 29 (v Donegal) 19 (v Tyrone) 17 (v Dublin)
    2012 27 (v Down) 19 (v Dublin) 14 (v Donegal)

The only time they failed to beat 14.5 was v a Jim McGuiness Donegal team in the final where Donegal got 2 early goals and shut up shop.

Mayo haven't been the same team as previous years but do have a full contingent of forwards / mids available and I see them surpassing 14.5 and more than likely surpassing 16.5 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Not for small stakes, but for big hitters and accums Mayo over 14.5 points @4/9 tomorrow is very appealing (and even over 16.5 @10/11)
    Although Tyrone only conceded 11 v Donegal in Ulster final, that was played in Clones and will be a diff type of game in Croker v Mayo, they let in 5 goals in 2 games v Cavan
    Mayo's qualifier games have accumulated 24 / 23 / 20.
    A better comparison maybe Mayo's recent results in Croker v The Big teams (Donegal / Kerry / Dublin / Tyrone) which yielded :
    2015 19 (V Donegal), 18 & 17 (Dublin & replay)
    2014 22 (v Cork), 19 & 22AET (v Kerry)
    2013 29 (v Donegal) 19 (v Tyrone) 17 (v Dublin)
    2012 27 (v Down) 19 (v Dublin) 14 (v Donegal)

The only time they failed to beat 14.5 was v a Jim McGuiness Donegal team in the final where Donegal got 2 early goals and shut up shop.

Mayo haven't been the same team as previous years but do have a full contingent of forwards / mids available and I see them surpassing 14.5 and more than likely surpassing 16.5 too.

+1 I'm on this already - FYI you can have Mayo over 16.5 points at even money with Coral.

There's a rumour that Regan is gone, Dillion is in at 11, O Shea to 14 and Moran to 13.

O Shea over 1.5 is 11/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

There's a rumour that Regan is gone, Dillion is in at 11, O Shea to 14 and Moran to 13.

O Shea over 1.5 is 11/8.

can anyone confirm this?

Fancy a decent scoring game later with dublin,

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Diarmuid O Connor man of the match 11-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Aidan O' shea first goal scorer 8/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement