Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Anyone else get on Mayo? Were way overpriced tbh Tyrone completely overhyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Tipp +5 is the handicap.

Surely, that's a great bet.

I'd be thinking over 1.5 goals in this game also.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

thelad95 wrote: »
    Anyone else get on Mayo? Were way overpriced tbh Tyrone completely overhyped.

Sure the whole forum was on them pre-game after your great write-up about how they had to be backed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

What price were mayo before the match as a matter of interest.

kala85 wrote: »

11/8 was the best I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

kala85 wrote: »

plenty of 13 to 8 around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

17/10 was BP .

Jesus, that last score in the hurling cost me a few quid! Push up for God's sake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

have austin gleeson to be MOM 10/1? Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Con1110 wrote: »
    have austin gleeson to be MOM 10/1? Thoughts?

Good chance, had a super game. Between himself and O'Mahony. Gleeson got it on Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Who got Sky MOTM for Dub v Don game yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

robbiezero wrote: »
    Good chance, had a super game. Between himself and O'Mahony. Gleeson got it on Sky.

Will be very surprised if he dosent get it . And very annoyed if I was in at 10s and he didn't get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

80s Child wrote: »
    Tipp +5 is the handicap.

Surely, that's a great bet.

I'd be thinking over 1.5 goals in this game also.

Dunno about the handicap, tipp are no mugs, but mayo are a different proposition to what they've played thustar (kerry excepted).
    It's hard to see there not being goals (for both sides) and this will be high scoring in general.
    Reckon over 1.5 will be circa 4/9, better odds available on both to score a goal and mayo to win.

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Dunno about the handicap, tipp are no mugs, but mayo are a different proposition to what they've played thustar (kerry excepted).
    It's hard to see there not being goals (for both sides) and this will be high scoring in general.
    Reckon over 1.5 will be circa 4/9, better odds available on both to score a goal and mayo to win.

Will you get that bet? I know PP won't let you have, say Andy Moran over 1.5 and Mayo to win in the same bet, as one influences the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Jamie Barron 3/1 for an all star? He's having some year, was the best midfielder on show last Sunday...another performance like that on Saturday and he can't be too far away. Fogarty is favourite at 4/9 but he was fairly quiet last day out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Jamie Barron 3/1 for an all star? He's having some year, was the best midfielder on show last Sunday...another performance like that on Saturday and he can't be too far away. Fogarty is favourite at 4/9 but he was fairly quiet last day out

Fogarty will likely play centre back on Gleeson the next day too. If Waterford win, Barron probably has a good chance.
    Breen of Tipp in pole position I'd say, the other midfielder will likely come from a team that makes it to the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Deise_2012 wrote: »

Mikey Breen unless getting sent off or having an absolute mare is nailed on. So for Barron to get it, Waterford will need to win on Saturday, so surely better value in the 7/2 available on Waterford for Saturday? The only rick I see in the betting is M Fennelly at 9/4, if you could lay these I would lay that all day.

Lee Keegan, 4/1 to win an All Star. He's 9/1 to get player of the year!!!! Seems a great price!!

Edit: a mate texted me this and I can't find it any where. I never realised he was full of ****! I put it up here without clarifying it first. Apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Lee Keegan, 4/1 to win an All Star. He's 9/1 to get player of the year!!!! Seems a great price!!

Where are you seeing that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Will you get that bet? I know PP won't let you have, say Andy Moran over 1.5 and Mayo to win in the same bet, as one influences the other.

Yes, that bet has been on offer with either Boyles or PP for most live gaa matches for a while now.

They reduce the odds accordingly, but in this instance, I'd say that Mayo to win and both teams to score a goal could be around 13/8, maybe a touch higher as they'll reckon tipp won't score a goal.

Re your Moran bet there, they won't allow that, but they'll price up a specials on named players to score a goal and the eventual winners, they just don't give the true accumulative odds, but adjust the odds downwards (substantially, if I know PP).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Edit: a mate texted me this and I can't find it any where. I never realised he was full of ****! I put it up here without clarifying it first. Apologies

the 9 to 1 is still there on PP. for player of the year.
    The 4 to 1 for the all star was there this evening but gone now, so your m8 was right at the time.

the 9 to 1 is still there on PP. for player of the year.
    The 4 to 1 for the all star was there this evening but gone now, so your m8 was right at the time.

Who did you see this on offer with? I've been checking for updated Football All Star markets since Sunday with Boyle, Ladbrokes & Powers and haven't seen any new markets (nor has my page monitor extension ;))

Edit: You can also have 12/1 for Keegan for POTY with BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Same As wrote: »
    Who did you see this on offer with? I've been checking for updated Football All Star markets since Sunday with Boyle, Ladbrokes & Powers and haven't seen any new markets (nor has my page monitor extension ;))

The 4/1 Lee Keegan for an All Star was on the iPhone app with Paddy Power at approx. 22:30 when I saw the notification that "80s child" had posted.
    I added it to my betslip at the time, but didn't bet.
    I changed my mind at approx. 23:15 and tried to bet and it then said "betting suspended".
    Looks like only the hurling All Star betting remains on PP.

If you Google 'Odds on Lee Keegan to be an all star' you can see that it says 4/1. Also, my mate sent me a screenshot this morning of it on his phone, but for some reason I can't get it on my app!!!

Not sure if I've embedded this correctly; hopefully it works!

O Shea is also up as 3/1. Now, he had done very little until the Tyrone game, but he really is a bit of a favourite given his profile, so I think this is worth a look also!

PP odds are back it seems, Keegan is 1/4 to get an award, O Shea is 8/13.

Any Westmeath posters out there? Looks to be some possible value in the Killucan v Castledaly market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Anyone else think that Waterford ht-ft @ 8-1 looks great value

I do anyways and im putting a nice bet on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Same As wrote: »
    Any Westmeath posters out there? Looks to be some possible value in the Killucan v Castledaly market

What value do you see? Very difficult game to call.

• Advertisement

What value do you see? Very difficult game to call.

Comparison of prices just looked a little off. Killucan as short as 1/2, as long 10/11. Castledaly as short as 11/10, as long as 15/8.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement