Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Slattsy wrote: »
    Bookies are often wrong. And Mayo were rubbish.

I think it could be 6+ myself.
    Don't really see it as the bet of the year (Mayo opening at -4 a few months back versus Kildare was that for me and I'm from Kildare, lol).

It may well win but Dublin aren't as focused on scoring goals as previous years. They just kick their points brilliantly and defend excellently. Not having the same goal threat means they are less backable to cover handicaps but their defensive strength means they are less flakey and a better bet to win matches.

Anyway good luck to you if it wins. I'd prefer to see a dublin mayo final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Bookies are often wrong. And Mayo were rubbish.

I think it could be 6+ myself.

Whoever meets Mayo in the final will have a field day alright.They haven't got the wherewithal to win an all Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 boom92

Does anyone know anything regarding injuries/J1s for Athlone vs Caulry in the Westmeath football championship. Judging on league form 4/11 seems like value for Athlone.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Going big on a football treble this weekend .
    Tyrellspass- 1/4
    Carbury-1/6
    Athy- 1/2

Makes up at 11/10 Paddy Power

Any Kildare people any thoughts on Athy v St Laurences?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

boom92 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything regarding injuries/J1s for Athlone vs Caulry in the Westmeath football championship. Judging on league form 4/11 seems like value for Athlone.

I'd fully expect athlone to win this game. Ray connellan a loss for athlone but still expect them to have too much for caulry

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Hicham El Guerrouj

Going big on a football treble this weekend .
    Tyrellspass- 1/4
    Carbury-1/6
    Athy- 1/2

Makes up at 11/10 Paddy Power

Any Kildare people any thoughts on Athy v St Laurences?

Wouldn't touch that Athy v Larries game, local derby and Athy are missing a lot of players who are in the states. Naas to beat Lexlip is good value. Kill v St. Kevin's in the intermediate championship is on tomorrow night but there's no betting on PP for it unfortunately. Kevin's will win that with a bit to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Form goes out the window when Athy play Larries.
    In fact, I'm sure I read somewhere that Athy have only beaten Larries once in championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

kerry a big price. obviously if dubs play well they'll beat anyone but 5/2 looks tempting. very difficult to retain Sam and mayo in the final so kerry the best chance of an upset!

Wouldn't touch that Athy v Larries game, local derby and Athy are missing a lot of players who are in the states. Naas to beat Lexlip is good value. Kill v St. Kevin's in the intermediate championship is on tomorrow night but there's no betting on PP for it unfortunately. Kevin's will win that with a bit to spare.

Form goes out the window when Athy play Larries. In fact, I'm sure I read somewhere that Athy have only beaten Larries once in championship.

Thanks for that lads , I'll leave Athy out and find another instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

So, we're taking Tyrellspass and Carbury from the above info?

• Advertisement

St. Kevin's 4/9 to beat Kill tomorrow evening is on PP now. That's a dead cert.

80s Child wrote:
    So, we're taking Tyrellspass and Carbury from the above info?

Yeah 2 certainties

Yeah 2 certainties

So we have our 3:

Kevin's 4/9...... gone to 1/3
    Carbury 1/6
    Tyrellspass 1/4

GIving you 19.44 return for your 10.

Thanks for that lads , I'll leave Athy out and find another instead

They will obviously win now!:)

80s Child wrote: »
    So we have our 3:

Kevin's 4/9
    Carbury 1/6
    Tyrellspass 1/4

Giving you €21.06 for your €10.

Any concerns regarding weather here folks?

Forecast is good for the weekend.

I want to flag up a bet.

Ballyfin Gaels are 11/4 to beat Crettyard Gaels in the Laois SFC on Sunday.

Here's the rationale;

Round 1.

St Joseph's 4-11 Ballyfin Gaels 0-8
    Emo 0-14 Crettyard Gaels 0-15

Round 2.

Ballyfin Gaels 4-17 Emo 3-12
    Crettyard Gaels 0-7 Stradbally 2-16

Taking the results against Emo at face value, Ballyfin look way overpriced. I understand Crettyard will have county star Evan O'Carroll back from the US but I still think it's a value bet.

They also met in last year's championship and although Crettyard won by a few points, there were a couple of soft goals involved.

Anyway, I like the bet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Johngoose wrote: »
    pablo24 wrote: »
    Aghada to beat st finbarrs intermediates is 2/5
    Fr.o Neills to beat Castlemartyr 1/5

The double is just over 4/6 (odds with Paddy Power)

I've quite a large bet on this and can't see it being beat, no need to complicate it

Any accumulator for the weekend coming Pablo?Trying to get more money back off bookies!Thanks.;-)

Nothing I'd be as confident in as last weekend to be honest

I fancy Newtownshandrum at 4/9 and ballymartle at 10/11 to beat Bishopstown and St.Finbarrs in cork the double pays 7/4 but as I said I wouldn't be as confident as last weekend but I'll get involved anyway

Smaller stakes advised

I've quite a large bet on this and can't see it being beat, no need to complicate it

Any accumulator for the weekend coming Pablo?Trying to get more money back off bookies!Thanks.;-)

I fancy Newtownshandrum at 4/9 and ballymartle at 10/11 to beat Bishopstown and St.Finbarrs in cork the double pays 7/4 but as I said I wouldn't be as confident as last weekend but I'll get involved anyway

Smaller stakes advised

St. Kevin's 4/9 to beat Kill tomorrow evening is on PP now. That's a dead cert.

They won by 2 points

They won by 2 points
    They were leading by 8 points twice during the game, it was 1-5 to 0-0 after 14 minutes, finished up a lot tighter than I thought it would be. Tyrellspass also won.

• Advertisement

They were leading by 8 points twice during the game, it was 1-5 to 0-0 after 14 minutes, finished up a lot tighter than I thought it would be. Tyrellspass also won.

Glad I wasn't watching it so :)
    Carbury should win handy enough so hopefully relieving PP of a nice sum.

Glad I wasn't watching it so :)
    Carbury should win handy enough so hopefully relieving PP of a nice sum.

Carbury under serious pressure!!

Edit: win by 6 in the end!!

Nice one lads! Great tipping!!

Dublin subs over 1.5 is 4/6.

With Andrews and Mc Manaman on the bench, I think this is a really good price.

Main convern; Kerry go into defensive model which will curtail the scoring. To me, it's he only a they take Dublin, like they did against Donegal a few years back.

Thoughts??

They will obviously win now!

They won by 6 :) but the lads analysis was good enough reason to leave them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Dublin subs over 1.5 is 4/6.

With Andrews and Mc Manaman on the bench, I think this is a really good price.

Main convern; Kerry go into defensive model which will curtail the scoring. To me, it's he only a they take Dublin, like they did against Donegal a few years back.

Thoughts??

Who is that with?

Its a great price, might be a chance Kev Mc starts though.

Who is that with?

Its a great price, might be a chance Kev Mc starts though.

PP

Picture attached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

So we have our 3:

Kevin's 4/9
    Carbury 1/6
    Tyrellspass 1/4

Great work lads.

Last two weeks, I'm having more luck than usual, and I'm betting on teams I have never heard of. :D

Smaller stakes advised

Should have said nothing with the lack of confidence this weekend!

Ballymartle got a trimming from the barrs which was a surprise, if the barrs side that showed up today can keep showing up they could cause an upset this year! Only thing being the barrs could go out and throw a useless performance the next day, very Jekyll and Hyde!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Was having a look there disappointingly paddy have no booking markets only player to be sent off bets. Would have been all over Connolly Donaghy and philly for cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

seanhynes wrote:
    Was having a look there disappointingly paddy have no booking markets only player to be sent off bets. Would have been all over Connolly Donaghy and philly for cards

Its on their site. anytime yellow card. 6/4 both connolly and Mc mahon and donaghy is a tempting 11/4 bet. No doubt he will be a nuisance all day. Who do we think will mark connolly? Whoever it is must be a good shout for a yellow as will be told to harass him all match n ref will be keeping an eye out for it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement