Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Raheens won by 8 and Moyle Rovers by 15 . Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Didn't go with you on this one. Great picking though!

JTB are gone 1/2 with Boyles

80s Child wrote:
    JTB are gone 1/2 with Boyles

80s Child wrote:
    Didn't go with you on this one. Great picking though!

Thanks to KyranW for flagging up Raheens.
    JTB the value is gone now , they don't look a 1/2 shot to me .
    I spent a lot of time picking an accum for the weekend . All look nailed on and comes to roughly 6/5. Can't get the money on online though will have to drive to a couple of PP offices in the morning

I spent a lot of time picking an accum for the weekend . All look nailed on and comes to roughly 6/5. Can't get the money on online though will have to drive to a couple of PP offices in the morning

Spot on. I'll keep an eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

What's the accumulator if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

Fair play.Fcuk could have done with getting on that one.

Johngoose wrote:
    What's the accumulator if you don't mind me asking?

I'll post it tomorrow. When Kyranw posted raheens at 4/6 last night it went 8/15 very quickly and then 4/11 early this morning so I'll post it tomorrow morning

I'll post it tomorrow. When Kyranw posted raheens at 4/6 last night it went 8/15 very quickly and then 4/11 early this morning so I'll post it tomorrow morning

That would be great.Worth throwing €50 on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭KyranW

Don't touch JTB lads, they shipped 8-15 against Moorefield in the last round and are missing a lot of their players who are in the states.

KyranW wrote: »
    Don't touch JTB lads, they shipped 8-15 against Moorefield in the last round and are missing a lot of their players who are in the states.

8-15...A typo surely??

• Advertisement

Nope. It was 8-13 to 0-9.

Nope. It was 8-13 to 0-9.

Holy Jesus

Club Hurling- Douglas 2/5

Club Football- Nemo Rangers 2/9

Club Football- Monaleen 1/6

Club Football- Ballinderry 1/6

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Are Maynooth a bet so @ 2/1?

Are Maynooth a bet so @ 2/1?

Hard to know, Maynooth operate in Division 2 but JTB are a Division 1 team.

To be honest I wouldn't touch that game, they're two very unpredictable teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Mick, on Douglas, I wouldn't be one to pay attention to the league much but the hiding they took to blackrock and being beat by carrigtwohill in the last 10 days is surely a worry?

Also, are the two cadogans available, Alan was in a protective boot two weeks ago anyway?

CIT are missing a few alrigjt I know this and Douglas with a full team would be a bet but have they the full team and the league results especially the 3-23 to 1-9 loss to the Rockies on the 21st are a big worry in my book?

Have you info otherwise on it?

pablo24 wrote: »
    Mick, on Douglas, I wouldn't be one to pay attention to the league much but the hiding they took to blackrock and being beat by carrigtwohill in the last 10 days is surely a worry?

Also, are the two cadogans available, Alan was in a protective boot two weeks ago anyway?

CIT are missing a few alrigjt I know this and Douglas with a full team would be a bet but have they the full team and the league results especially the 3-23 to 1-9 loss to the Rockies on the 21st are a big worry in my book?

Have you info otherwise on it?

Just to clarify, I'm not dismissing the pick altogether but it's just a big concern that form the week before championship

I've it on very good authority CIT are missing 3 or 4 big players aswell So if Douglas have a full team and there's excuses for recent form fair enough!

The guy I spoke to on Monday about it said one of the cadogans had no chance of playing but CIT will be missing up to 7 or 8 of their first choice team. That's what pushed me towards them

The guy I spoke to on Monday about it said one of the cadogans had no chance of playing but CIT will be missing up to 7 or 8 of their first choice team. That's what pushed me towards them

Ya CIT are missing first and second choice keepers along with their Waterford under 21s who have the all Ireland final during the week, John Cashman from lisgoold would be one of their better forwards and he's away on holidays along with Diarmuid Buckley who would most likely be replacing him.

With a full team and considering Douglas' form and missing at least one of the cadogans I'd back em but with all they are missing they could struggle to score so you could well be onto a winner, I know confidence isn't too high in the CIT camp anyway!

I'll leave it off myself can't see much local for the weekend tbh, best of luck with your bet, hope it steams home lad!!

pablo24 wrote: »
    Ya CIT are missing first and second choice keepers along with their Waterford under 21s who have the all Ireland final during the week, John Cashman from lisgoold would be one of their better forwards and he's away on holidays along with Diarmuid Buckley who would most likely be replacing him.

With a full team and considering Douglas' form and missing at least one of the cadogans I'd back em but with all they are missing they could struggle to score so you could well be onto a winner, I know confidence isn't too high in the CIT camp anyway!

I'll leave it off myself can't see much local for the weekend tbh, best of luck with your bet, hope it steams home lad!!

You're making me nervous Pablo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 emmet50

Anyone have any thoughts on the hurler or footballer of the year markets? In years past Tony Kelly (10/1+) and even Shefflin (12/1+) in 2012 were big prices before the AI final. Similarly in the football, Jack McCaffrey wasn't one of the favs pre final and Michael Dara was upwards of 5/1 in 2013.

80s Child wrote: »
    You're making me nervous Pablo!!

Ah well I've spoken to a CIT player or two who told me that they'd be under serious pressure and Douglas have the potential with a full team to rattle the county this year (on paper!) so I'm probably just being over cautious! (Hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

emmet50 wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on the hurler or footballer of the year markets? In years past Tony Kelly (10/1+) and even Shefflin (12/1+) in 2012 were big prices before the AI final. Similarly in the football, Jack McCaffrey wasn't one of the favs pre final and Michael Dara was upwards of 5/1 in 2013.

John McGrath 25/1, in from 50, Paul Murphy 33/1 and Walter Walsh 66/1. A big final for any of these 3 could push them into the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

FWIW, JTB have almost full squad tnite, and Mr Hurley might make an appearance... defo won't ship 8 goals... make your own minds up....

razorhead wrote:
    FWIW, JTB have almost full squad tnite, and Mr Hurley might make an appearance... defo won't ship 8 goals... make your own minds up....

Jtb winning by 6 at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Ballinderry game postponed due to a bereavement, I wouldn't have touched them at that price. If you want a derry short priced favourite who represent value, Slaughtneil at 1/20 are shockingly enough probably value!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PP enhanced special tomorrow. A draw or either team to win by 1-4 points at evs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    John McGrath 25/1, in from 50, Paul Murphy 33/1 and Walter Walsh 66/1. A big final for any of these 3 could push them into the mix.

McGrath is definitely a good call there.

Any m.o.t.m fancies?

McGrath 16/1 with boyles as opposed to 12/1 with PP.

Incidentally, from what I could see, virtually every man of the match price was better with boyles than it was with ladbrokes, I gave up trying to compare the prices between boyles and pp as the utterly terrible boyles website kept refreshing back to the overall match view, even when I tried to print it to pdf. Why do they persist with it, and just as bafflingly, why do their staff refuse to acknowledge how absolutely **** it is, regardless of browser or operating system used to access it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Agree on Boylessports site ,its ****ing terrible.

use Oddschecker for comparisons .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    McGrath is definitely a good call there.

I gave up trying to compare the prices between boyles and pp as the utterly terrible boyles website kept refreshing back to the overall match view, even when I tried to print it to pdf. Why do they persist with it, and just as bafflingly, why do their staff refuse to acknowledge how absolutely **** it is, regardless of browser or operating system used to access it.
    yabadabado wrote: »
    Agree on Boylessports site ,its ****ing terrible.

use Oddschecker for comparisons .

Oddschecker feed from Boyles can be fairly inconsistent, in line with their entire online experience. Have a look at the Anytime Goalscorer market on Oddschecker for this Sunday as an example of what I mean.

I've resorted to purely using their mobile site, even on desktop. Not sure if I can link it here or not (here), but you should be able to do same, it's far more stable and less of a melt than their desktop excuse for a site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement