Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Hopefully keep the run going again this week

Ahane-1/4
    Birr-2/5
    Corofin 1/4

Pays around 5/4

Corofin at 1 to 4 are skimpy odds . Will probably win but are supposed to be missing a few and are a long way from the team that won all Ireland . I'd be a layer rather than a backer at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

turniphead wrote: »
    Dromore 1/3
    Pomeroy 1/2

Double @ evens

Looks like a very solid bet

Sounds good, you a Tyrone man turniphead, any reasoning behind these?

Hate to be a stickler but can never bring myself to back blind!

Sound boy

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Is Callanan the dead cert the bookies have him at for HOTY, 1/6? As a Tipp fan, I'd give it to Paudie Maher quite comfortably but he's available at 12/1.

Walter Walsh looks overpriced at 11/8 for an All Star.

I don't know why Walter Walsh would get an All Star. He was not better than any of the Tipp forwards this year. He was also picked by the RTE panel in The Sunday Game TOTY which amazed me too.

Bubbles will probably lose out due to this suspension/ lack of playing time. Gleeson, Hogan, Callanan, John McGrath are all certs. Bonner Maher should get one too. TJ Reid should also get one imo.

Barron deserves an All Star in midfield, he was superb for Waterford all year. It would be a catastrophy if Brendan Maher were to lose out, although they may want to give Galway a token one or two as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭KyranW

Celbridge 1/2
    Raheens 4/7
    Two Mile House 4/11

Pays about 2.3/1

Two Mile House is a sure thing, they've a host of county players and are going well of late. Suncroft are probably the worst team left in the QFs. Raheens are a much better outfit than Ballyteague and welcome back a county minor. Celbridge to beat Carbury who rely way too much on Eoghan O'Flaherty. Ollie Lyons will keep tabs on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

pablo24 wrote: »
    Sounds good, you a Tyrone man turniphead, any reasoning behind these?

Hate to be a stickler but can never bring myself to back blind!

Sound boy

I'm not Tyrone but got the info from a Tyrone lad. He can't see either beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

So lads. putting together the info that's here:

Celbridge 1/2
    Raheens 4/7
    Two Mile 4/11
    Dromore 1/3.....gone 2/9
    Pomeroy 1/2
    Birr 2/5
    Ahane 1/4

I left out Corofin, due to it being questioned.

It's paying 8.38/1 and i'm going to have a cut for the craic before PP comes in and kills the odds!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I've had a sizeable bet (for me) on Ramor to beat Kingscourt @ 11/8. They're going very well.

Have them also backed for a smaller stake to win the championship outright @ 4/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

80s Child wrote: »

Celbridge 1/2
    Raheens 4/7
    Two Mile 4/11
    Dromore 1/3.....gone 2/9
    Pomeroy 1/2
    Birr 2/5
    Ahane 1/4

It's paying 8.38/1 and i'm going to have a cut for the craic before PP comes in and kills the odds!!!

That's just me own gut feeling and listening to a couple lads just think this will be a lot closer than most people expect . Corofin will prob win by 10 now !

Celbridge 1/2
    Raheens 4/7
    Two Mile 4/11
    Dromore 1/3.....gone 2/9
    Pomeroy 1/2
    Birr 2/5
    Ahane 1/4

Raheens drew 8 a piece. 8 a piece! When was this game played, the 50s??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Celbridge 1/2
    Raheens 4/7
    Two Mile 4/11
    Dromore 1/3.....gone 2/9
    Pomeroy 1/2
    Birr 2/5
    Ahane 1/4

Raheens drew 8 a piece. 8 a piece! When was this game played, the 50s??

It was 1-12 each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Dots1982 wrote: »
    It was 1-12 each

Maybe twas the phrase 'a piece' that drew young 80's child ire😄
    She was tight alright, even stevens at the end.

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Maybe twas the phrase 'a piece' that drew young 80's child ire😄
    She was tight alright, even stevens at the end.

Ha.... my bad. I checked Raheens twitter and that's what came up! Thinking of chasing my money today, but that always ends in failure!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AbitaTASS

Coolderry to beat st rynaghs in the Offaly senior hurling championship is a great price. (13/10) Coolderry had a bad start this year as they were missing a few important players but they're all back now and coolderry should be favourites in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully keep the run going again this week

Ahane-1/4
    Birr-2/5
    Corofin 1/4

Pays around 5/4

Ahane got beat, only scored 2 points in the second half!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Tyson Fury wrote:

Saw that. 7 points up before half time I thought it was all over . Sorry mate

I've had a sizeable bet (for me) on Ramor to beat Kingscourt @ 11/8. They're going very well.

Have them also backed for a smaller stake to win the championship outright @ 4/1.

Won by 4. Hope some of you were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

turniphead wrote: »
    Dromore 1/3
    Pomeroy 1/2

Double @ evens

Looks like a very solid bet

Winner alright

Won by 4. Hope some of you were on.

turniphead wrote:
    Winner alright

Great picking lads well done

Of course Corofin won by 7 points

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Tyson Fury wrote: »

There was a gale force wind in Limerick yesterday. Still a shocking result for Ahane, they are really on the decline at club level. That said, they still went through courtesy of other results.

FYI. Ramor now favourites @ 11/10 PP and 13/8 Boyles to win outright. Will beat Lavey in their semi final so getting 13/8 on them to win the final where they'll most likely be odds on favourites against any opposition is tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Any picks for weekend?

Johngoose wrote:
    Any picks for weekend?

I'll put up one . Waterford senior hurling. Roanmore 6/5 to beat Tallow. Very little between these 2 two teams but Roanmore an improving side and I fancy them.
    Anyone got anything else, I'm looking to add one more to make a double

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Taking Aghada to beat Meelin at 15/8 paddys

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

langer91 wrote:

Massive price for Aghada but they are missing their best back Russell (made the cork senior champo panel this year) to a broken hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Thanks for those guys,however I'd be slow to back underdogs myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Johngoose wrote: »
    Thanks for those guys,however I'd be slow to back underdogs myself.

This time of year, a lot of the easy meat is gone, there'll be upsets aplenty, but they won't be upsets to those in the know!!
    It's probably time to lay off backing the short prices and start backing the draws that fill the county boards coffers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Eire og in Carlow are 2/7 to beat mount Leinster Rangers. Believe or not I think this is value as mlr have no chance and e og are dead Certs. Mlr have hurling championship next week and that is their piroity and are even thinking of resting some of their players. Spoke with one of the players and he told me they could care less about the football and have not won the hurling in Carlow since their march to club hurling finals in croke park a few years ago. Might be worth throwing in an acc with a few others

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Cootehill at 4/5 is a great price . They scraped a draw last week but it was the worst weather possible and Gowna are known to enjoy a dogged game. Expect Cootehill to win comfortably.

Also from what I have seen in intermediate Laragh look to be really on form and are evens today.

Going big on Cootehill and a few euro on double.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Aghada won easily 3-17 to 1-11

• Advertisement

langer91 wrote:

hurler97 wrote:
    Aghada won easily 3-17 to 1-11

Thanks for that . Great pick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement