Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

langer91 wrote: »
    Taking Aghada to beat Meelin at 15/8 paddys

Handy docket

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Eire og in Carlow are 2/7 to beat mount Leinster Rangers. Believe or not I think this is value as mlr have no chance and e og are dead Certs. Mlr have hurling championship next week and that is their piroity and are even thinking of resting some of their players. Spoke with one of the players and he told me they could care less about the football and have not won the hurling in Carlow since their march to club hurling finals in croke park a few years ago. Might be worth throwing in an acc with a few others

Omg I hope no body took my advice mlr have just beaten Eire og by a point. Shocker of a result, sorry all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

St Rynaghs to win the Offaly senior Hurling championship. 2/1 at paddy's. Have been in the final past four years and beat current champions Coolderry by 10 points last week. Very good young team

Anyone have any knowledge of the Tipp hurling championship. Thurles Satisfieds evens to win it out. From and inch next at 4/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lojak wrote: »
    Cootehill at 4/5 is a great price . They scraped a draw last week but it was the worst weather possible and Gowna are known to enjoy a dogged game. Expect Cootehill to win comfortably.

Also from what I have seen in intermediate Laragh look to be really on form and are evens today.
    Has
    Going big on Cootehill and a few euro on double.

Lost anyway

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

I'll put up one . Waterford senior hurling. Roanmore 6/5 to beat Tallow. Very little between these 2 two teams but Roanmore an improving side and I fancy them. Anyone got anything else, I'm looking to add one more to make a double

Won by 5 points . Thanks to langer for Aghada, I got a lovely double up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Forecast for today is 11/1 for 'Cillian O'Connor to score a goal at any stage and Mayo to win'.
    (ideally also to win by a margin of 4pts @27/1).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Anyone know whats the story with the first Goalscorer bets for this match seeing as both the goals were OG's. Do they count or do the No Goalscorer bets win? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

L1m1tless wrote: »
    Anyone know whats the story with the first Goalscorer bets for this match seeing as both the goals were OG's. Do they count or do the No Goalscorer bets win? Thanks

In soccer, i believe it would be a win fr no goalscorer so I presume the same applies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

yea no goalscorer was paid as the winner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

sweet! Thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Must be the first time ever that the 'choose no goalscorer' instead of 'no goals' tip has worked so well for Gaelic Football :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 boom92

Anyone have any idea how Kilmurray Ibrickane are set for the weekend 8/15 seems like a great price !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

hurler97 wrote: »
    Aghada won easily 3-17 to 1-11

Fair play I should have listened

I could do with tips for coming wknd.Last wknd the dubs let me down.

Paddy power offering money back as free bet on Mayo Dublin game?Anybody know more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

St Patricks are 4/7 vs Wolfe Tones on Sunday with Stan James.

Best elsewhere is 2/9

http://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/st-patricks-v-wolfe-tones/winner

robbiezero wrote: »
    St Patricks are 4/7 vs Wolfe Tones on Sunday with Stan James.

Best elsewhere is 2/9

http://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/st-patricks-v-wolfe-tones/winner

I might throw them in an accumulator thanks

What do people make of Cork in Ladies Football?Worth a few euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Johngoose wrote: »
    I might throw them in an accumulator thanks

Bear in mind I know nothing of the game, just that difference in odds might be worth taking advantage especially as 1/6 in Boyles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What do people make of Cork in Ladies Football?Worth a few euro?

I'm an avid follower of the ladies game. Cork are simply fantastic , year in year out. Dublin are certainly close to knocking us off our perch and have been very very close to doing so in recent years, but cork have always come out on top.
    I fully expect another close game and it could go either way. Cork 1/2 is too short for me in such a tight game, Dublin +2 at 10/11 might offer better value.
    I expect Dublin to be very gung ho but for cork to come back at them, so I will be backing dub ht Cork ft at 9/2 as I see good value there.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Paddy power offering money back as free bet on Mayo Dublin game?Anybody know more?

Went into a shop to find out more as had backed Mayo and didn't know there as a refund.
    It's a refund as a Free bet to NO max stake on bets on Dublin or Mayo to win the match, goalcast/scorecast and margin bets, singles only.
    According to the girl in the shop, it cost them over €500,000 :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Went into a shop to find out more as had backed Mayo and didn't know there as a refund.
    It's a refund as a Free bet to NO max stake on bets on Dublin or Mayo to win the match, goalcast/scorecast and margin bets, singles only.

So even if you had Dublin to beat Mayo or to win on the handicap you get your money back??

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clippett

Went into a shop to find out more as had backed Mayo and didn't know there as a refund. It's a refund as a Free bet to NO max stake on bets on Dublin or Mayo to win the match, goalcast/scorecast and margin bets, singles only. According to the girl in the shop, it cost them over €500,000 .

It cost them nothing! It's a free bet not cash back.. ya, a free bet is something but they still have your cash don't they ? Another PP publicity stunt

Clippett wrote: »
    It cost them nothing! It's a free bet not cash back.. ya, a free bet is something but they still have your cash don't they ? Another PP publicity stunt

Ya feckers gave me no joy,had Dublin to beat Mayo thrown into accumulator.The rest of the games came off (rugby games before you say why didn't I throw them up here). They said the special offer didn't apply to accumulator bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I got my euro back as a free bet anyway but i taught 500k was small enough amount to have been bet on the all ireland final or do most lads betting bet in accumulators

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

o even if you had Dublin to beat Mayo or to win on the handicap you get your money back

Not both, was on either team to win match, margin betting and goal & scorecasts only.
    It cost them nothing! It's a free bet not cash back.. ya, a free bet is something but they still have your cash don't they ? Another PP publicity stun

If they hand out free bets of over 1/2 million, how do you reckon it costs "them nothing"?
    You get a free bet back to the value of your bet(s) as above.
    It's up to you how you place the bet but remember you need to back something at evens or bigger to break even.
    Might be a publicity stunt but it's a good one and didn't see anybody else giving money back, I'm happy, got me €50 back as a free bet which I wasn't expecting.
    but i taught 500k was small enough amount to have been bet on the all ireland final or do most lads betting bet in accumulators

Not sure but would have imagined most people backing Dublin would have put them in accums due to their price at 2/7.

So even if you had Dublin to beat Mayo or to win on the handicap you get your money back??

You should do bud,hope people kept their dockets.I had a terrible image in my head of people tossing their dockets away into bins around Crocker/Drumcondra.Goes to show best to keep them a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

You should do bud,hope people kept their dockets.I had a terrible image in my head of people tossing their dockets away into bins around Crocker/Drumcondra.Goes to show best to keep them a few days.

I had mayo Ht/Ft does that count? I don't think so??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Not sure but would have imagined most people backing Dublin would have put them in accums due to their price at 2/7.

Even if you had a sizeable punt on Dublin at 2/7 and they refunded of you place your free bet on same again you won't get your stake back as its just the winnings. Whilst its a decent offer it doesn't cost the bookmakers as much as they make it out to do on their PR spin.

Better thank a kick in the you know what though !!!

• Advertisement

risteard7 wrote: »
    I had mayo Ht/Ft does that count? I don't think so??

You can contact paddy power online in a chat session and ask,it save you going into bookies.I wonder is there a cap on what they give back also?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement