Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

turniphead wrote: »
    The Dublin SFC quarter final draw is tonight so I'll have better idea after that.

It's hurling semi finals weekend in Dublin. I can't find odds on PP but Cuala and Crokes will win their respective matches.

Cuala and Crokes double just priced up at 4/5 with PP. Would've preferred a bit better but it's almost a certain win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Any word on the next round of the Mayo championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Same As wrote: »
    Any word on the next round of the Mayo championship?

Quarter finals on this weekend:

Saturday

Breaffy 2/7 v Crossmolina 3/1
    Knockmore 5/6 v Aghamore 5/4

Sunday

Castlebar Mitchels 4/11 v Ballaghaderreen 13/5
    Ballintubber 1/3 v Garrymore 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Was reading one of the Carlow forums and everyone of them saying St Mullins big favourites to beat Mount Leinster Rangers. Bookies see it differently tho with St Mullins priced at 6/4 anyone on here any thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Cavan and Tyrone football final replays on Sunday next while Clare one is not until the following Sunday as their hurling decider is fixed for this week and live on TG4 so I hear.

Also, Scotstown v Kilcoo get the ball rolling in Ulster this week. Anyone got info on the two teams, injuries etc.? Conor McCarthy didn't feature for Scotstown in the county final, must've been out injured.

Scotstown 5/1 with PP for Ulster club takes my eye.

No Cross, they're in what I consider the easier side of the draw and are 4/1 with Boyles (tough game on Sunday all the same).

On a similar theme, are Clonmel overpriced at 7/1 (8/1 Boyles) for the Munster club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just shy of a 6/5 double with Boyles on the 2 Tipp Intermediate Semi Finals

Newport @ 2/5
    Newport v Lattin Gaels

Thurles Sarsfields @ 8/15
    Thurles Sarsfields Int v Sean Treacys

Confident both will do the business.

Anyone have any thoughts on Oulart the Ballagh covering a 5 point handicap against Cloughbawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Quarter finals on this weekend:

Saturday

Knockmore 5/6 v Aghamore 5/4

Sunday

Breaffy, Mitchels and The Tubber are nailed on. Unless the weather is horrendous on Sunday, this should be a great bet.

I'll update the odds shortly.

Just under even money the trebleft. I'll be on that.

Edit: I added Dr Crokes and Portlaoise to this. 29.40 back for your 10.

80s Child wrote: »
    Breaffy, Mitchels and The Tubber are nailed on. Unless the weather is horrendous on Sunday, this should be a great bet.

I'll update the odds shortly.

Just under even money the trebleft. I'll be on that.

Edit: I added Dr Crokes and Portlaoise to this. 29.40 back for your 10.

Slaughtneil 1/3 superb price, only thing against them is they're going for the double treble, hurling and football 3 years in a row. Lot of duel players and they've been in one all ireland football final and into their third ulster hurling final after victory last week in that time. Still they're a class above their opponents, Loup and I'd take class them as much better value than say crokes at 2/7.

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Slaughtneil 1/3 superb price, only thing against them is they're going for the double treble, hurling and football 3 years in a row. Lot of duel players and they've been in one all ireland football final and into their third ulster hurling final after victory last week in that time. Still they're a class above their opponents, Loup and I'd take class them as much better value than say crokes at 2/7.

Would Slaughtneil have many dual players? That is serious going.

Dr Crokes should prove too strong for Kenmare District who reportedly have injury concerns.

• Advertisement

Would Slaughtneil have many dual players? That is serious going.

Dr Crokes should prove too strong for Kenmare District who reportedly have injury concerns.

Small, extremely well run club (although they've been known to reach beyond their boundaries for talent, but that's another story). Just the 12 players who are on both panels!! In truth, I'm not sure if they're all regular starters, but certainly a few of the key players such as Derry players the McKaigues, Rogers etc are key on both teams. I also said three ulster hurling finals in a row, it's 3 in four years as they lost in a replay to cushendall in the 2014 semi-final, before going on to win the ulster club football the same year. Last year Cushendall beat them by 1pt after extra time in the hurling final.
    They're favourites for the football this year with Cross gone at 3/1, but I personally wouldn't go near them at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

shmeee wrote:
    Thurles Sarsfields @ 8/15 Thurles Sarsfields Int v Sean Treacys

shmeee wrote:
    Newport @ 2/5 Newport v Lattin Gaels

shmeee wrote:

shmeee wrote:

Great tipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »

Newport @ 2/5
    Newport v Lattin Gaels

Newport win by 14 points and Thurles pull away to win by 3 points after going 5 down at start of second half and out scored Treacy's by 10 points to 2 in the last 25 minutes of the game.

Newport @ 2/5
    Newport v Lattin Gaels

Newport win by 14 points and Thurles pull away to win by 3 points after going 5 down at start of second half and out scored Treacy's by 10 points to 2 in the last 25 minutes of the game.

Well done lad that's what I like to see

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Small, extremely well run club (although they've been known to reach beyond their boundaries for talent, but that's another story). Just the 12 players who are on both panels!! In truth, I'm not sure if they're all regular starters, but certainly a few of the key players such as Derry players the McKaigues, Rogers etc are key on both teams. I also said three ulster hurling finals in a row, it's 3 in four years as they lost in a replay to cushendall in the 2014 semi-final, before going on to win the ulster club football the same year. Last year Cushendall beat them by 1pt after extra time in the hurling final.
    They're favourites for the football this year with Cross gone at 3/1, but I personally wouldn't go near them at that price.

Thanks for that. A treble treble would be some feat. Yep, I would agree 3/1 is too short for them.

Great shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Anyone know when the Player Of The Year is announced ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the Player Of The Year is announced ?

November 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Rhode should be covering the 5 point handicap with ease today

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Stradbally unmissable at 11/2 on Boyle to beat Portlaoise in the Laois Senior football final today. Scored more and conceded less in each of their games on the way to the final. Stradbally +4 at evens as a fallback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Stradbally unmissable at 11/2 on Boyle to beat Portlaoise in the Laois Senior football final today. Scored more and conceded less in each of their games on the way to the final. Stradbally +4 at evens as a fallback.
    I saw Portlaoise at 1/16 in an earlier round at they ended up drawing. I'd be all over Stradbally

Stop lads....I'm waiting on Portlaoise for a touch and they're ****ting the bed on me!!

Edit: Well **** me. Sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Unreal tipping on this page . Made a few quid cheers lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

80s Child wrote: »
    Stop lads....I'm waiting on Portlaoise for a touch and they're ****ting the bed on me!!

Edit: Well **** me. Sick

Unlucky . Theirs always one

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

The Dublin SFC quarter final draw is tonight so I'll have better idea after that.

It's hurling semi finals weekend in Dublin. I can't find odds on PP but Cuala and Crokes will win their respective matches.

Cuala and Crokes double just priced up at 4/5 with PP. Would've preferred a bit better but it's almost a certain win.

Winner alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

great call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Newport @ 2/5
    Newport v Lattin Gaels

Great tipping lads.

I put those 5 together, it eased the pain of Crossmaglen last week. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

I imagine Stradbally busted a lot of accas this weekend.

Great tipping lads.

I put those 5 together, it eased the pain of Crossmaglen last week. :)

If I'd stuck to my own bets I'd be laughing! I dot even know where the **** I pulled Portlaoise out of!!

Greed is not good!!

• Advertisement

Well done winners!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement