Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Kenmare are overpriced against Templenoe next weekend in the Kerry Intermediate final. Currently 11/10 with Paddy, which is unlikely to last too long.

Templenoe are likely to be without a few key players after the last few rounds of senior county championship took their toll. Small bit of history too...Kenmare have never lost to their local rivals Templenoe in a final.

Any other early opinions?

• Site Banned Posts: 19 Bigby

Keep an eye out on Round Towers' price to beat Two Mile House in the Kildare Intermediate final replay. Towers dominated in the drawn game but just couldn't score because they were missing two of their scoring forwards, they will be back for the weekend though. I think they'll be a good price considering the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

I imagine Stradbally busted a lot of accas this weekend.

Kilcar (@1/5 !!) f**ked mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Does anyone know where I can get odds on provincial intermediate club matches for this weekend? Paddy Power usually would have them up on site later on in the week but they stayed away from the Leinster junior club matches two weeks ago.

Fancy O'Dempseys from Laois to beat St Brigid's of Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bigmick1

Would expect them to be up by Friday Caps Lock. That was early round of Leinster hence why it may have not been up, would expect semi's to be priced.

• Advertisement

You know a bit about Dempsey's or Brigid's, that has you fancing the result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Bigby wrote: »
    Keep an eye out on Round Towers' price to beat Two Mile House in the Kildare Intermediate final replay. Towers dominated in the drawn game but just couldn't score because they were missing two of their scoring forwards, they will be back for the weekend though. I think they'll be a good price considering the draw.

Towers have 2 forwards back? Thought it was only one?

bigmick1 wrote: »
    Would expect them to be up by Friday Caps Lock. That was early round of Leinster hence why it may have not been up, would expect semi's to be priced.

Thanks for the reply bigmick. The junior matches two weeks ago were first round so got me thinking that Paddy Powers might avert from the intermediate openers as well but they haven't and have O'Dempseys priced at miserable odds of 2/11😕

I would know a bit about both O'Dempseys and Killashee. O'Dempseys were a very decent senior side getting to quarter/semi finals regularly until 2015 when they were surprisingly relegated. However they bounced back to the top ranks last month when beating Timahoe in the final after a dramatic comeback. In Conor Meredith, Robbie Kehoe and Peter O'Leary they possess three players with lots of senior inter county experience. I would expect them to beat Killashee handy. Killashee were Leinster club junior finalists (beat by Meath junior champs Curraha) last year having been runners up in the county IFC. This season they went one better and won the county IFC convincingly but they are out of their depth for this one.

Having a look at the odds for the Leinster club championship games this weekend. Paddy Power are taking no chances. Very little value.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭biffo2014

Anybody here from Wicklow know anything about the Junior Champions Ashford?

They are out against Offaly champs this weekend

• Advertisement

biffo2014 wrote: »
    Anybody here from Wicklow know anything about the Junior Champions Ashford?

They are out against Offaly champs this weekend

Ashford came down from the intermediate ranks this year and won the junior A final two weeks ago. I'd expect Bracknagh to have too much for them on home soil.

Cappincur could give Leinster a good crack? They were unlucky in the province last year when beaten by eventual winners Curraha. If they had Eoin Carroll who was injured that day they could have won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Coalisland and Ballintubber double this weekend , pays circa 13/2 I think? Must check prices again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭shmeee

Thurles Sarsfields Intermediates are value @ 13/8 (Boyles) against Newport on Sunday. Wouldn't have them as outsiders with Newport @ 8/15.

Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Double
    Fr O'Neills
    St Colmcilles

Pays roughly 5/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

langer91 wrote: »
    Double
    Fr O'Neills
    St Colmcilles

Pays roughly 5/4

Would u be confident?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Johngoose wrote: »
    Would u be confident?

On O'Neills yes.

Going on the word of a friend for St.Colmcilles so i've bet accordingly (medium sized punt).

St Colmcilles Meath inter final is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

13/10 for Ballymun to beat Vincents looks a huge price to me going on recent form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Kenmare are overpriced against Templenoe next weekend in the Kerry Intermediate final. Currently 11/10 with Paddy, which is unlikely to last too long.

Templenoe are likely to be without a few key players after the last few rounds of senior county championship took their toll. Small bit of history too...Kenmare have never lost to their local rivals Templenoe in a final.

Any other early opinions?

Won by 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    13/10 for Ballymun to beat Vincents looks a huge price to me going on recent form!

Ya I agree. I would make them favourites for this match. I will be backing them, but I'm tempted to just back them at 7/4 for the county final instead of 13/10 vs Vincents. I think if they beat Vinnie's they will win the county final comfortably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

langer91 wrote: »
    On O'Neills yes.

Going on the word of a friend for St.Colmcilles so i've bet accordingly (medium sized punt).

Just saw it was s draw between Fr. O Neills and opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

robbiezero wrote: »
    Ya I agree. I would make them favourites for this match. I will be backing them, but I'm tempted to just back them at 7/4 for the county final instead of 13/10 vs Vincents. I think if they beat Vinnie's they will win the county final comfortably.

I also agree. Ballymun are flying whereas Vincent's have only played in spurts this championship. They're also still a bit over reliant on Connolly. I've already backed Ballymun and I might top up again.

turniphead wrote: »
    I also agree. Ballymun are flying whereas Vincent's have only played in spurts this championship. They're also still a bit over reliant on Connolly. I've already backed Ballymun and I might top up again.

Ballymun into 11/10 now. Have a wedge on,will probably take the handicap too when available

Ramor United are a decent price at 7/2 against Maghery in the Ulster club.

turniphead wrote: »

13/10 looks a huge price now,odds on everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pmcb

Westport were 10/11 this morning. 8/11 now on PP. Money going on them. I fancy them against against Shrule 2nite. Wouldnt be a bad double with ballymun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Ramor United are a decent price at 7/2 against Maghery in the Ulster club.
    I'll be surprised if Ramor win. Cavan clubs are notoriously terrible in Ulster Club football at senior level.

armaghlad wrote: »
    I'll be surprised if Ramor win. Cavan clubs are notoriously terrible in Ulster Club football at senior level.

You're right. Cavan clubs have a notoriously terrible record in Ulster. Their senior champions have been beaten in the first round the last seven years! Most recently Kingscourt by 19 points at the hands of Kilcoo. However, I still give a young Ramor side a very good chance of taking Maghery in Armagh. They have only a week to recover since winning a first county title in 24 years but they were back training last night. They beat a packed Crossmaglen team in Carrick in a challange a few months ago. Michael McDermott has them in serious order, 40 players in training. He could afford to make four changes for the replay on Sunday. Bringing in lads that have represented the county at minor or u21. Personally I think they're overpriced at 7/2 this weekend.

Mullinalaghta (Longford) v Stradbally (Laois)

Thoughts on this?

Both won their first championships in awhile, Mull had a good win last friday in quarters of league. Think they are a good price for this at 5/4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    You're right. Cavan clubs have a notoriously terrible record in Ulster. Their senior champions have been beaten in the first round the last seven years! Most recently Kingscourt by 19 points at the hands of Kilcoo. However, I still give a young Ramor side a very good chance of taking Maghery in Armagh. They have only a week to recover since winning a first county title in 24 years but they were back training last night. They beat a packed Crossmaglen team in Carrick in a challange a few months ago. Michael McDermott has them in serious order, 40 players in training. He could afford to make four changes for the replay on Sunday. Bringing in lads that have represented the county at minor or u21. Personally I think they're overpriced at 7/2 this weekend.
    I agree they're overpriced alright but I still think Maghery will edge them. Beating Cross doesn't mean as much these days as Armagh Harps, Pearse Og, Cullyhanna x2 and Maghery will tell you. Maghery have an outside manager and he is no mug either, won an intermediate championship/league double with his own club two years back as well. Bonus territory for both teams, I just think Maghery will be that bit fresher and have the fitness and a strong bench to squeeze past

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement