Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

armaghlad wrote: »
    I agree they're overpriced alright but I still think Maghery will edge them. Beating Cross doesn't mean as much these days as Armagh Harps, Pearse Og, Cullyhanna x2 and Maghery will tell you. Maghery have an outside manager and he is no mug either, won an intermediate championship/league double with his own club two years back as well. Bonus territory for both teams, I just think Maghery will be that bit fresher and have the fitness and a strong bench to squeeze past

Yep both teams definitely in bonus territory. Would Maghery have many players with inter county experience? Outside of the Forkers and James Lavery.

bigmick1 wrote: »
    Mullinalaghta (Longford) v Stradbally (Laois)

Thoughts on this?

Both won their first championships in awhile, Mull had a good win last friday in quarters of league. Think they are a good price for this at 5/4

Hard one to gauge. The Little Town v. The Little Village. Certainly a novel provincial club pairing! The midfield battle will be crucial: Colm Begley v John Keegan. Both players have been away from home in recent years and back this year to lead their clubs to glory. I'd side with Strad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Yep both teams definitely in bonus territory. Would Maghery have many players with inter county experience? Outside of the Forkers and James Lavery.
    Laverys brother David I think had a stint and also played county u21, Kevin Nugent won AI minor with Armagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    13/10 looks a huge price now,odds on everywhere.

I feel sorry for Ballymun backers,it was there's only for getting player sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Johngoose wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Ballymun backers,it was there's only for getting player sent off.

Very tight game, hard to say it was Ballymun's only for the sending off. Vincents quality forwards won it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Anything worth backing in the Judes Castleknock game later?

Any opinions on the weekends Ulster club championships?

I noticed that Cargin and Blackhill are being backed. Cargin were 5/2 and Blackhill 5/4.

Odds from PP

Ulster SFC quarter finals
    2/5 Kilcoo v Glenswilly 5/2
    1/2 Killyclogher v Cargin 21/10
    1/4 Maghery v Ramor 7/2
    1/20 Slaughtneil v Derrygonnelly 15/2

Ulster IFC quarter finals
    4/7 Bredagh v Donaghmoyne 7/4
    8/15 Pomeroy v Arva 15/8
    4/7 Aghagallon v Kinawley 7/4
    4/6 Castledawson v Whitecross 6/4

Ulster JFC quarter finals
    4/7 Magilligan v Drownings 13/8
    5/2 Newtownbutler v Drumgath 4/11
    4/5 Blackhill v Clonmore 6/5
    7/2 Cornafean v Rock 1/5

Any opinions on the weekends Ulster club championships?

I noticed that Cargin and Blackhill are being backed. Cargin were 5/2 and Blackhill 5/4.

Odds from PP

Ulster SFC quarter finals
    2/5 Kilcoo v Glenswilly 5/2
    1/2 Killyclogher v Cargin 21/10
    1/4 Maghery v Ramor 7/2
    1/20 Slaughtneil v Derrygonnelly 15/2

Ulster IFC quarter finals
    4/7 Bredagh v Donaghmoyne 7/4
    8/15 Pomeroy v Arva 15/8
    4/7 Aghagallon v Kinawley 7/4
    4/6 Castledawson v Whitecross 6/4

Ulster JFC quarter finals
    4/7 Magilligan v Drownings 13/8
    5/2 Newtownbutler v Drumgath 4/11
    4/5 Blackhill v Clonmore 6/5
    7/2 Cornafean v Rock 1/5

A lot of people backing Cargin given how hard Tyrone teams tend to find it coming out of a difficult championship and also the John Brennan factor with Cargin. Killyclogher did well getting to two consecutive finals having been shocked by Trillick last year and given they near **** the nest in the drawn final v Coalisland it remains to be seen what they have left in the tank.

Dunno why Clonmore were favourites to begin with, Junior football in Armagh isn't very strong and given it took a replay for Clonmore to see off a IIs team I'd have thought Blackhill (being from Monaghan) would have been firm favs anyway. It's probably Rock's to lose anyway, they've won it before iirc.

Glenswilly at 5/2 looks sneaky enough, Kilcoo probably a bit more experienced at this stage but i hear Glenswilly are quite physical and they may cause another shock here following on from their Donegal win.

Kinawley at 7/4 might be worth a look at, Fermanagh teams at intermediate are stronger than people think, though Aghagallon have experience at this level having won the Antrim intermediate a few years back.

armaghlad wrote: »
    A lot of people backing Cargin given how hard Tyrone teams tend to find it coming out of a difficult championship and also the John Brennan factor with Cargin. Killyclogher did well getting to two consecutive finals having been shocked by Trillick last year and given they near **** the nest in the drawn final v Coalisland it remains to be seen what they have left in the tank.

Dunno why Clonmore were favourites to begin with, Junior football in Armagh isn't very strong and given it took a replay for Clonmore to see off a IIs team I'd have thought Blackhill (being from Monaghan) would have been firm favs anyway. It's probably Rock's to lose anyway, they've won it before iirc.

Goodstuff armaghlad.

Yep I wasnt sure why Clonmore were favourites to beat Blackhill given their county's recent records in the competition. Blackhill were runners up in Monaghan the last three consecutive seasons beaten by the likes of Emyvale and Rockcorry who both went on to win Ulster.

Rock are a dead cert to beat Cornafean who are very poor.

Told that Downings won the All-Ireland junior Gaeltacht this year beating teams from Mayo, Cork and Kerry. They could be good value.

Goodstuff armaghlad.

Yep I wasnt sure why Clonmore were favourites to beat Blackhill given their county's recent records in the competition. Blackhill were runners up in Monaghan the last three consecutive seasons beaten by the likes of Emyvale and Rockcorry who both went on to win Ulster.

Rock are a dead cert to beat Cornafean who are very poor.

Told that Downings won the All-Ireland junior Gaeltacht this year beating teams from Mayo, Cork and Kerry. They could be good value.
    Yes Magilligan aren't great tbh, Derry Junior football is pretty weak so wouldn't expect much from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Heard Donaghmoyne aren't great, very young team, very light.
    Anyone know much about Bredagh?

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Heard Donaghmoyne aren't great, very young team, very light.
    Anyone know much about Bredagh?
    Bredagh are one of the favourites, they've a very good forward in Alan Davison, scores for fun. Was an Irish League player and Antrim were hoping to sign him before he declared for Down who proceeded to never pick him! Very fit guy (think he's a PT) they've also one or two others who were in and around the Down football team as well as a county hurler (Hughes?).. bredagh should win

Donaghmoyne scraped past Rockcorry in their county final. I think Bredagh should have more than enough for them. Donal Hughes is the Down hurler in their side.

Betting down on Magilligan v Downings with Paddy Power!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Kiltimagh evens to beat Westport today. Westport played the semi last Sunday and the replay on Wednesday and from what I've heard, there was a number of players pulling up with cramp.
    I'm going to do a bit of research on this and come back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bigmick1

Keep us updated 80s child.

Downings evens in Boyles

Apologies. Young buck's christening here today.

I realise it's started, but the word is that Kiltimagh should do it.

Edit: Thanks be to God I was late!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

anybody got much of an opinion on ballygunner v thurles tomo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,089 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

spurshero wrote: »
    anybody got much of an opinion on ballygunner v thurles tomo

Sars are very strong and with home advantage they should win comfortably although they've an awful record in munster.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

Like the look of Ballygunner over 1.5 goals at 7/4. This team have a serious threat with Brian O sullivan, mahony, Peter hogan etc. They will need goals if they are to go close here and 7/4 is decent value.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Like the look of Ballygunner over 1.5 goals at 7/4. This team have a serious threat with Brian O sullivan, mahony, Peter hogan etc. They will need goals if they are to go close here and 7/4 is decent value.

That's a great price for a team with an eye for goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

13/8 for btts a goal in kilcoo v glenswilly with ladbrokes looks Good value, kilcoo have plenty of goals in their side and Murphy id imagine will spend sometime at ff especially if they are trailing at any stage.
    Game has been put back to 3pm due to extra time in intermediate game.

Well lads, no joy last weekend with Bredagh busting my accumulator! They were one ahead in injury time before Donaghmoyne drew level with a last gasp free and won out in extra time.

Thoughts on this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Well lads, no joy last weekend with Bredagh busting my accumulator! They were one ahead in injury time before Donaghmoyne drew level with a last gasp free and won out in extra time.

Thoughts on this weekend?

Patrickswell are 4/7 to beat Glen Rovers in Munster club hurling semi final this weekend. Patrickswell defeated the Glen in a challenge about 7-8 weeks ago by 7 points (2 late goals for Rovers prevented it being a double digit defeat), and this was without some of their key players while Glen were at full strength.

The handicap is at -2, and I'm very interested to see what the prices are for greater than that during the week. I think the Well from anything between -4 to -6 could be covered easily, and probably at a very good price.

Patrickswell are 4/7 to beat Glen Rovers in Munster club hurling semi final this weekend. Patrickswell defeated the Glen in a challenge about 7-8 weeks ago by 7 points (2 late goals for Rovers prevented it being a double digit defeat), and this was without some of their key players while Glen were at full strength.

The handicap is at -2, and I'm very interested to see what the prices are for greater than that during the week. I think the Well from anything between -4 to -6 could be covered easily, and probably at a very good price.

Great info. Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Dempseys of Laois play Round Towers of Kildare this weekend in the Leinster IFC. Dempseys are at home and 6/4. They have 3 ex laois players but I would only be familiar with towers who are decent but not anything great.

Are Dempseys highly thought of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Dempseys of Laois play Round Towers of Kildare this weekend in the Leinster IFC. Dempseys are at home and 6/4. They have 3 ex laois players but I would only be familiar with towers who are decent but not anything great.

Are Dempseys highly thought of?

O'Dempseys have one ex Laois senior in Peter O'Leary. Current Laois panellist Robbie Kehoe and they are reportedly without current Laois starter Conor Meredith who's abroad with college placement.

They are a bit better than most of the last few Laois intermediate champs in my opinion.

6/4 is not a bad price at all.

O'Dempseys have one ex Laois senior in Peter O'Leary. Current Laois panellist Robbie Kehoe and they are reportedly without current Laois starter Conor Meredith who's abroad with college placement.

They are a bit better than most of the last few Laois intermediate champs in my opinion.

Is Meredith gone? Big loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

An auld flight home no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Dots1982 wrote: »
    An auld flight home no?

No idea - don't even know what part of the world he's supposed to have gone to.

• Advertisement

I heard he isn't coming home.

Oranmore too strong for Louisburgh??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement