Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

oranmore would be rated fairly highly by galway junior standards . they would be quietly fancying themselves to go a long way . what would the opinion of the mayo champs be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Oranmore backed from 2/1 into 8/13 yesterday alone. (PP)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

spurshero wrote: »
    oranmore would be rated fairly highly by galway junior standards . they would be quietly fancying themselves to go a long way . what would the opinion of the mayo champs be

Not a lot. They should have been beaten in the county final. They were a point down with 2 minutes to go, were awarded a very soft free and scored a wonder score on the next kick out. Also, their main man maker is going under the knife today, as he did his cruciate in the county final. He's a big loss!

I haven't seen this Oranmore side play, but seemingly they're a pretty well run outfit. They didn't really celebrate their county title win or their league win last weekend, as everything is based on them winning Connacht, from what I've been told.

I got a phone call yesterday stating that that lad for O"Dempsey's, the FF, won't be playing. They were definite about this. Now, take that as you will.

On the back of the above I've backend the double of Oranmore at 8/13 and Round Towers at 4/6, giving a total return of 2.69, with a 1.69 profit. Here's hoping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Oranmore backed from 2/1 into 8/13 yesterday alone. (PP)

A shift in the odds in the other Connacht junior semi-final as well with Roscommon's Creggs 4/9 from 2/1. PP also.

80s Child wrote: »
    Not a lot. They should have been beaten in the county final. They were a point down with 2 minutes to go, were awarded a very soft free and scored a wonder score on the next kick out. Also, their main man maker is going under the knife today, as he did his cruciate in the county final. He's a big loss!

I haven't seen this Oranmore side play, but seemingly they're a pretty well run outfit. They didn't really celebrate their county title win or their league win last weekend, as everything is based on them winning Connacht, from what I've been told.

I got a phone call yesterday stating that that lad for O"Dempsey's, the FF, won't be playing. They were definite about this. Now, take that as you will.

On the back of the above I've backend the double of Oranmore at 8/13 and Round Towers at 4/6, giving a total return of 2.69, with a 1.69 profit. Here's hoping!!

First part up . Towers won by 2

• Advertisement

Have done a 4 timer of Westport and oranmore in the football and Thurles and oulart in the hurling . Pays over 3 to 1.woukd fancy them all fairly strongly

I've gone for Patrickswell, Thurles, Cuala, Oulart, Westport and Molaise Gaels! Best of luck all.

Louisburgh up by 4. We're under pressure here.

Edit: Louisburgh by 1. Oranmore missed 5, yes 5 goal chances and hit the crossbar. Apologies for those who followed.

Another accum busted! Thurles and Molaise Gaels let the side down. What a comeback from Ballyea to deny Thurles though!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Badly stung by Thurles today.

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on this weekend's games?

Some early odds from PP:

12/1 Aughawillan v St Brigid's 1/100
    1/6 Carbery Rangers v The Nire 9/2
    13/8 Castlebar v Corofin 4/6
    1/20 Dr Crokes v Loughmore Castleiney 9/1
    9/1 Palatine v St Vincents 1/33
    1/3 Rhode v Simonstown 3/1
    10/3 Sean O'Mahonys v Sarsfields 2/7
    13/8 St Columba's v St Lomans 4/6
    4/11 Kilcoo v Maghery 4/11
    4/6 Slaughtneil v Killyclogher 13/8

CapsLock20 wrote: »

Some early odds from PP:

12/1 Aughawillan v St Brigid's 1/100
    13/8 Castlebar v Corofin 4/6
    1/20 Dr Crokes v Loughmore Castleiney 9/1
    9/1 Palatine v St Vincents 1/33
    1/3 Rhode v Simonstown 3/1
    10/3 Sean O'Mahonys v Sarsfields 2/7
    13/8 St Columba's v St Lomans 4/6
    4/11 Kilcoo v Maghery 4/11
    4/6 Slaughtneil v Killyclogher 13/8

I wouldn't go near Castlebar Corofin. Two serious teams. Should go down to the wire. Wouldn't back in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I wouldn't go near Castlebar Corofin. Two serious teams. Should go down to the wire. Wouldn't back in it!

Draw double then, corofin and slaughtneil.
    This time of year lends itself to the draw and both these games, particularly the ulster semi should be tight dogfights. Correct score in ulster will be 1.8 to 1.9, dunno which way though!!

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    This time of year lends itself to the draw and both these games, particularly the ulster semi should be tight dogfights. Correct score in ulster will be 1.8 to 1.9, dunno which way though!!

Not a bad shout at all!!

Castlebar and Corofin is live. Can't wait to see them go hammer and tongs at each other again. Two powerhouses.

Deferred coverage of Slaughtneil and Killyclogher.

Glenbhoy wrote: »

Great call! Beers on me if it comes in!!

PP odds for intermediate football games this weekend:

5/6 Fingallians v Rosemount 6/5
    8/11 Round Towers v St Colmcilles 11/8
    2/5 Donaghmoyne v Aghagallon 12/5
    3/10 Pomeroy v Castledawson 3/1
    2/9 Kiskeam v Adare 10/3
    1/50 Kenmare v Kilfenora 9/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Maghery +4 evs with boylesports. Printing money IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭liogairmhordain

Some early odds from PP:

The Nire are worth a small punt at that price

PP odds for the junior football games at the weekend:

4/9 Blackhill v Drownings 2/1
    1/3 Rock v Newtownbutler 5/2

No way should St Brigids be 1/100 to beat Aughawillan. Brigid's are far from the team they were three years ago. Aughawillan have a decent young side and Brigid's are without Ian Kilbride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Ballyduff Lower v Ballybacon-Grange

1.40 - 2.87 prices

Munster Junior Hurling QF

Badly priced

Reasons

Several Waterford teams have done well at this level over the years. This inflates the rating the traders have on teams from the county.

None of these teams have went back to Junior in Waterford which means a weaker standard in the county.

My expertise is not with Ballyduff Lower but talking to a relation within the county he would not rate them as high as previous winners.

Ballybacon would be a club with a history for competing for Intermediate over the years. They were senior as late as a few years back.

The Brendan Cummins factor. (5 points from goals)

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/sport/219002/former-tipperary-goalkeeping-great-brendan-cummins-hits-five-points-in-ballybacon-win.html

They differ from previous Tipp teams competing. Last years representatives were beaten by 20 points in their divisional final. This team has a county final the week after which means they will be sharp. Last years team had a gap of a few weeks after exiting championship.

No injuries that I am aware of after talking to someone in the camp.

But this is Junior hurling and I really cant comment on Ballyduff Lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Ballyduff Lower v Ballybacon-Grange

1.40 - 2.87 prices

Munster Junior Hurling QF

Badly priced

Reasons

Several Waterford teams have done well at this level over the years. This inflates the rating the traders have on teams from the county.

None of these teams have went back to Junior in Waterford which means a weaker standard in the county.

My expertise is not with Ballyduff Lower but talking to a relation within the county he would not rate them as high as previous winners.

Ballybacon would be a club with a history for competing for Intermediate over the years. They were senior as late as a few years back.

The Brendan Cummins factor. (5 points from goals)

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/sport/219002/former-tipperary-goalkeeping-great-brendan-cummins-hits-five-points-in-ballybacon-win.html

They differ from previous Tipp teams competing. Last years representatives were beaten by 20 points in their divisional final. This team has a county final the week after which means they will be sharp. Last years team had a gap of a few weeks after exiting championship.

No injuries that I am aware of after talking to someone in the camp.

But this is Junior hurling and I really cant comment on Ballyduff Lower.

Ballybacon are very strong. intermediate team in everything but name.
    but no idea how strong waterford champs

Ballyduff Lower have a junior football final to play tonight and will be out on Sunday in Munster again if they win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

This adds further weight to the claim regretfully I can only get a max 50 on this.

Ballyduff Lower have a junior football final to play tonight and will be out on Sunday in Munster again if they win!

They drew and could face a replay on Friday night!

They drew and could face a replay on Friday night!

So, we're awaiting confirmation of this are we?

They drew tonight, the replay is down for Friday (supposedly) and then they play the first round of Munster on the Sunday, the same day they have to play the hurling? Am I right here?

So what we need to know is, how many hurlers play football? Also, if they do win Friday in the replay, will the Munter Council push back that round for a week, or will they make them play both hurling and football on the same day? I can't see it myself, but ya never know with fixture back logs!

Jesus I could do with this after last weekend! !

There has been no date set for the replay yet but I have read on social media that there is a possibility of it being played on Friday night.

The Munster hurling semi-final was orginally fixed for Sunday but has been brought forward to Saturday to avoid a potential clash with the Munster football quarter-final on Sunday.

Ballyduff Lower is a small rural club so I can only assume they have the same pool of players for both football and hurling.

This championships should be long over in Waterford. Such a mess.

If we could get someone from the Deise to fill us in on Ballyduff Lower!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GAA2TheCore

If we could get someone from the Deise to fill us in on Ballyduff Lower!

Ballyduff are small team in size have ex waterford player jack Kennedy playing centre forward for them he's the standout performer on there team, other than him rest of the team are light and are junior hurlers at best not alot of depth in there squad either, rely on Kennedy to get scores and setup play. Standard of junior hurling in waterford over last two years has come way down since modeligo last won it.

• Advertisement

Ballyduff are small team in size have ex waterford player jack Kennedy playing centre forward for them he's the standout performer on there team, other than him rest of the team are light and are junior hurlers at best not alot of depth in there squad either, rely on Kennedy to get scores and setup play. Standard of junior hurling in waterford over last two years has come way down since modeligo last won it.

Thanks GAA2TheCore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement