Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    There has been no date set for the replay yet but I have read on social media that there is a possibility of it being played on Friday night.

The Munster hurling semi-final was orginally fixed for Sunday but has been brought forward to Saturday to avoid a potential clash with the Munster football quarter-final on Sunday.

Ballyduff Lower is a small rural club so I can only assume they have the same pool of players for both football and hurling.

This championships should be long over in Waterford. Such a mess.

Scratch all this. Waterford have given a walk over to the Kerry champions for the Munster football quarterfinal on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

The Nire are worth a small punt at that price

Away from home, but between 2006 and 2014 most of Nire team have plenty munster club experience.
    Should have won in 2014, and would have no fear of heading to west Cork.

Both teams missing key players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

This adds further weight to the claim regretfully I can only get a max 50 on this.

BOYLES, PADDYS AND BETFAIR PRICING IT UP all same if yu want top up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Won't be much between Corofin and Castlebar. 50/50 game.

The 17/10 (Bet365) available on Castlebar is good value imo:
    - Castlebar have the won last two games between these two which were both away from home. Castlebar at home on Sunday.
    - Corofin have dropped a number of their more experienced players this year. Will the younger unproven players be good enough for this level.
    - Doubts over whether Sice will be fit. Vital for Corofin.
    - Castlebar have played for the previous 5 weekends in a row. Corofin have not played in 3 weeks.
    - Castlebar have come through a very competitive Mayo championship. Corofin have not been challenged all year. This will be a big step up.

Based on the above, I think Corofin are a little shortly priced and may be some value on Castlebar.

Ballybacon Grange still available at 15/8 with PP and Boyles. Anyone else getting on them?

I've placed a small double on them at 15/8 and Aughawillan +13 at Evens.

• Advertisement

Ballybacon Grange still available at 15/8 with PP and Boyles. Anyone else getting on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Had a nibble. Rain will help. Bigger team and could turn into a free taking contest that will suit Ballybacon.

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭shmeee

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Ballybacon are very strong. intermediate team in everything but name.
    but no idea how strong waterford champs

Wouldn't be saying that?

Most intermediate teams would give them a going over and especially the big guns, they'd be slaughtered.

I was at Ballybacons county semi last Saturday, they got a very very soft goal in the first half. Keeper dropped the ball it into the net. And that lead held most of the game.

If Loughmore had a few forwards they would have caused more trouble, hit bad wides in second half also. Frustrating to watch as controlled most of the second half but had no impact on the scoreboard.

I wouldn't be jumping in to lump on Ballybacon on what I saw anyway, and this is junior hurling so anything is possible.

Best of luck anyway, those on.

Ballybacon Grange trailing 0-6 to 0-5 at half-time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Ballybacon Grange trailing 0-6 to 0-5 at half-time.

Sounds like a very tight low scoring game. Whoever scores first goal could be the decisive score. Where are you getting the updates from? Cant see anything on twitter.

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Sounds like a very tight low scoring game. Whoever scores first goal could be the decisive score. Where are you getting the updates from? Cant see anything on twitter.

Official Waterford GAA twitter account have been posting score updates. Would love to know who has the breeze in their favour now. Ballyduff managed 0-10 in the first half against the Kerry champions. 0-5 in the second half. Hopefully Ballybacon Grange can finish strongly.

Ballyduff 0-10 to 0-6 ahead after 45 minutes. Not good.

0-13 to 0-6 5 mins to go.

0-13 to 0-6 5 mins to go.

0-14 to 0-6 it finished. *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭shmeee

Bookies rarely get it wrong!

shmeee wrote: »
    Bookies rarely get it wrong!

Yep! Hard to beat the b*stards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Any reports on conditions in Castlebar for Mitchells vs Corofin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

80s Child wrote: »
    Great call! Beers on me if it comes in!!

Corofin level with 8 left, could go either way, but couldn't have asked for more there.
    Slaughtneil 2 up at HT, have the breeze second half and according to derry gaa twitter they've been dominating (although i think the lad who normally does it, is a slaughneil lad), still, not overly positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Corofin level with 8 left, could go either way, but couldn't have asked for more there.
    Slaughtneil 2 up at HT, have the breeze second half and according to derry gaa twitter they've been dominating (although i think the lad who normally does it, is a slaughneil lad), still, not overly positive.

Ya, Slaughtneil are 4 up now so that's that I'd say. Pity it wasn't bet365, I'd get a few euro in the cash out!! Not with PP though.

Edit: they're offering me 20 for my 10.

• Advertisement

80s Child wrote: »
    Ya, Slaughtneil are 4 up now so that's that I'd say. Pity it wasn't bet365, I'd get a few euro in the cash out!! Not with PP though.

Edit: they're offering me 20 for my 10.

I had 2 singles and a double, I like to do this type of bet around this time of year, usually pick 4 draws from county finals etc, normally get a few doubles up over the Oct/Nov period, and one year got 3 out of 4 up two weeks in a row, but couldn't see any other realistic draw picks today, dismissed The Nire talk on here to my dismay!

Aughawillan were beaten by 14 and it could've easily been 24 with all the wides Brigid's had. I underestimated Brigid's.

I might copy you Glenbhoy with the draw bets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Odds are up for the Inter/Junior Football this weekend...

Intermediate:

Brigids Cloughmills 4/6, Coleraine 11/8 (Draw 8/1)
    Westport 3/10, Sean O'Heslins 3/1 (Draw 8/1)

Junior:

Bracknagh 8/15, Rosenallis 7/4 (Draw 7/1)
    Louisburgh 1/2, Creggs 15/8 (Draw 7/1)

I'm thinking of Cuala in the handicap against St Mullins this weekend. They were very comfortable winners over the Laois champions and it's hard to see anything but a comprehensive win for them this weekend. Might take the -5 @ 8/11 with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pmcb

Same As wrote:
    I'm thinking of Cuala in the handicap against St Mullins this weekend. They were very comfortable winners over the Laois champions and it's hard to see anything but a comprehensive win for them this weekend. Might take the -5 @ 8/11 with PP.

Same As wrote:
    Bracknagh 8/15, Rosenallis 7/4 (Draw 7/1) Louisburgh 1/2, Creggs 15/8 (Draw 7/1)

Same As wrote:
    Brigids Cloughmills 4/6, Coleraine 11/8 (Draw 8/1) Westport 3/10, Sean O'Heslins 3/1 (Draw 8/1)

Westport 3/10, Louisburgh 1/2, Slaughtneill 4/5 & Corofin 4/9 (27th nov) accumulator.

pmcb wrote: »
    Westport 3/10, Louisburgh 1/2, Slaughtneill 4/5 & Corofin 4/9 (27th nov) accumulator.

I'd be careful about slaughtneil, Kilcoo have been on the go for a while now (5 in a row in down I think) and the feeling is that they're owed one.
    Slaughtneil are solid, suited to this type of football, but no world beaters.
    Will brigids give Corofin a game?

Any opinions on the Munster intermediate hurling final between Lismore and Kilmoyley?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pmcb

Glenbhoy wrote:
    I'd be careful about slaughtneil, Kilcoo have been on the go for a while now (5 in a row in down I think) and the feeling is that they're owed one. Slaughtneil are solid, suited to this type of football, but no world beaters. Will brigids give Corofin a game?

I agree with you alright on that game but picked slaughtneil for ulster from the start so i stick with them. Corofin should cope with St Bridgets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Ballyea should be too strong for Glen Rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Spoke to one of the Louisburgh lads yesterday. They've a clean bill of health bar one and are feeling confident.

Won by 5.

Didn't back it of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Ballyea should be too strong for Glen Rovers.

Ballyea having won Clare after a replay and then beating Thurles in Extra Time, will be confident they can beat Glen Rovers today. 11/10 to lift the cup with PaddyPower, to allow for another draw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement