Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    I'm thinking of Cuala in the handicap against St Mullins this weekend. They were very comfortable winners over the Laois champions and it's hard to see anything but a comprehensive win for them this weekend. Might take the -5 @ 8/11 with PP.

Cuala won by 12 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Ballyea having won Clare after a replay and then beating Thurles in Extra Time, will be confident they can beat Glen Rovers today. 11/10 to lift the cup with PaddyPower, to allow for another draw.

Handy win for Ballyea as they claim their first ever Munster club. 6/5 for the win was a huge price.

It's a long way out but the NFL & NHL divisions have been priced up.

I'm confident that Westmeath will have a change of fortunes in Division 4 following 3 straight relegations, they're priced at 6/5. I'll have a few quid there.

I also like the look of Derry as an e/w bet in NFL Division 2 at 9/1. They're a superior outfit to both Meath and Kildare on their day, while Cork football is in a dark enough place. Admittedly all is not rosy in Derry from an inter-county perspective but I don't make them 6th favourites for this division and 3/1 to reach a final is a good bet imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I'm confident that Westmeath will have a change of fortunes in Division 4 following 3 straight relegations, they're priced at 6/5. I'll have a few quid there.

I also like the look of Derry as an e/w bet in NFL Division 2 at 9/1. They're a superior outfit to both Meath and Kildare on their day, while Cork football is in a dark enough place. Admittedly all is not rosy in Derry from an inter-county perspective but I don't make them 6th favourites for this division and 3/1 to reach a final is a good bet imo.

Early days, but the story in derry is that at a number of last year's panel are not making themselves available, including probably their most impressive player last year, Daniel Heaveron.
    May change closer to the time of course, and I'll update in a month's time, when I should get a chance to talk to a few closer to the panel.

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2016/10/01/news/key-players-to-opt-out-of-derry-setup-715413/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I think Tipp at 2/1 is reasonable value for promotion from Division 3 - they had horrific luck on terms of injuries this year during the league plus were missing the Cashel lads due to club duty for a fair bit - the loss of Acheson is without doubt a negative, but there is a fair bit of talk about some of the lads who were involved with the hurlers transferring back. Even last year they were only a point off promotion. Tipp also have 4 games at home which is always a help in terms of getting promotion.

Overall the main reason I'd be backing Tipp is the quality of the opposition -Armagh are also 2/1 and Laois are 11/4 but both of them are teams it's hard enough to have nay sort of faith in them.

Cork should get out of Division 2 but I wouldn't be surprised to see them making heavy work out of it. Their first 2 games are away to Galway and Kildare and if they don't get results there I could see things being a bit wobbly for them. There are serious questions about management and a whole lot of players in the squad so I think this could make interesting viewing. I think backing Cork's opposition against the handicap during the various league games might be a value proposition.

Division 4 can be a bit of a lottery but I think Wexford might be slightly better value than Westmeath for promotion. I would expect to see a bit of a Banty effect in Wexford in the short term.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I think Tipp at 2/1 is reasonable value for promotion from Division 3 - they had horrific luck on terms of injuries this year during the league plus were missing the Cashel lads due to club duty for a fair bit..

Ouch, not sure Clonmel Commercials will be happy about that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Ouch, not sure Clonmel Commercials will be happy about that :P

Yerra twas a bit late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

I heard the AllStars are playing in Uae this weekend. Would anyone happen to have details of venue and time of game?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Is the 4/5 offered on crokes to score the first goal this weekend a good bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Rhode should prove too strong for Sean O' Mahony's and -2 @1/1 looks good, if they hit top gear -4 @ 21/10 also...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

razorhead wrote: »
    Rhode should prove too strong for Sean O' Mahony's and -2 @1/1 looks good, if they hit top gear -4 @ 21/10 also...

Just watch out they are without star forward anton sullivan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I'm trying to talk myself out of backing Corofin -2 @ evens. Can someone help??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

80s Child wrote: »
    I'm trying to talk myself out of backing Corofin -2 @ evens. Can someone help??!!
    I really fancy it . Think they will win by 5 or 6 . Castlebar game will really bring them on .

spurshero wrote: »
    I really fancy it . Think they will win by 5 or 6 . Castlebar game will really bring them on .

Thanks for the help....ha ...

80s Child wrote: »

Thanks for the help....ha ...
    Stop . Oranmore are still haunting me

Men and boys stuff. No sweating needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Great prices on crokes spread at HT leading 3-9 to 0-1 and they go -18 evens on boyles where as paddy p -23 10/11 ,traders are wrong on boyles there surely

What way do the draw . Crokes v corofin would be some game

• Advertisement

Sorry bout that . Not sure what I did there to make it come up 7 times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Crokes v Corofin
    Leinster v Ulster

djPSB wrote: »
    Crokes v Corofin
    Leinster v Ulster

Leinster v Ulster v St Kieran's (Britain)

razorhead wrote: »

Penalty off the post in injury time, referee was hard on Rhode

Going to have a go at the 'under' total points with 365 in the Cuala vs OLG game. Leinster Club finals not historically high scoring affairs over the last 30 years, and the line of 37 seems a small bit high.

• Advertisement

Going to have a go at the 'under' total points with 365 in the Cuala vs OLG game. Leinster Club finals not historically high scoring affairs over the last 30 years, and the line of 37 seems a small bit high.

Highest scoring Leinster final possibly ever :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement