Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Limerick are 13/8 with PP. Very good value.

Oddschecker was showing 4/7 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Dublin have named a mental team to play Cavan tomorrow! 11 of the starting team from the All Ireland replay and two that came on as subs I think. Cooper and Connolly being the two missing, and I think Mc Carthy was suspended? Not sure on that one.

Anyway, they're 15/8 to score more than 2 goals tomorrow against Cavan. Admittedly, I know very little about this Cavan side; they've a new manager and are giving league debuts to 3 lads, one of them.being he corner back. They only conceded 3 goals in the league last year, but with the team Gavin has named and the weather hopefully not being too bad, they should cover this I feel.

I've doubled it with Mayo tonight. The rumour down here is that they're going big for the first three games and hoping to have enough done to survive in division 1 and then ease off the gas. With Cillian playing, and no rumoir of him.carrying a knock for a change, hopefully yheyll be too strong for a solid Monaghan side. It coild be a sweaty one thoigh! The double is paying 3.14 I think.

Aside: I'm shocked at the teams Kerry, Dublin and to a certain extent, Mayo have named. I really feel thst Fitzmaurice wants to beat Dublin in the league and get rid of this voodoo that they have over them. I think Gavin realises this and has prepared as such. Most teams playing Dublin are 2-3 down before they begin because of this aura they've created, through results obviously.

Anyway, best of luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

May missing quiet few no? went for the two upsets outside Laois match from tonights matches

manafana wrote: »
    May missing quiet few no? went for the two upsets outside Laois match from tonights matches

And didn't it ****ing show!! I'd to turn off the radio because the new commentator is horrendous and Maughan is worse!!

I said it would be a sweaty one!!! And I broke my first rule: don't back in the league!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »

Also, think Monaghan are a little on the big side at 9/4 against Mayo fwiw.

Good start, fought like dogs to win by 2.

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »

Good shout! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

jesus Laois got spanked thats the one i thought looked priced right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Anyone any insight on Derry v Clare?

Meath to beat Kildare 5/6
    Dublin to score over 1.5 goals 15/8
    Tipperary -4 8/13
    Kerry -1 1/1
    Tyrone -4 4/6
    Wicklow -1 6/4
    Kilkenny-3 10/11. (hurling)

20 returns 2144.80

Paddypower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Meath to beat Kildare 5/6
    Dublin to score over 1.5 goals 15/8
    Tipperary -4 8/13
    Kerry -1 1/1
    Tyrone -4 4/6
    Wicklow -1 6/4
    Kilkenny-3 10/11. (hurling)

20 returns 2144.80

Paddypower

What's your rationale for Meath v Kildare? Surely too close to call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

thelad95 wrote: »
    Anyone any insight on Derry v Clare?

I think there were 4 lads on the Clare football panel who were playing with Ballyea in the club hurling last night who were travelling up this morning- Brennan and Lillis were 2. On a panel like Clare's that could well have an impact.

Thinking of going chasing.

Dublin
    Kerry
    Derry
    Tyrone

50 pays 130. I could do with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

80s Child wrote: »
    Thinking of going chasing.

Dublin
    Kerry
    Derry
    Tyrone

50 pays 130. I could do with it!!

Not a bad shout.Id go Dublin-2.Throw Kilkenny in the mix with hurling. Dublin,Kerry and Tyrone are solid.I don't actually know about Derry game.

Johngoose wrote: »
    Not a bad shout.Id go Dublin-2.Throw Kilkenny in the mix with hurling. Dublin,Kerry and Tyrone are solid.I don't actually know about Derry game.

I've a bad feeling. Having a bad weekend. Hung over. Feeling awful sorry for myself!

Johngoose wrote: »

You were right about Derry!!! Awful weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Oddschecker was showing 4/7 :rolleyes:

Oddschecker keep mixing up football and hurling when the two teams are playing in both codes. I got a rush of excitement this evening seeing Ulster Uni at 12/1 v UCD in the football section for Paddy Power. Unfortunately it was obviously the hurling game.

It's actually quite dangerous especially when the odds are like those for Limerick v Wexford, as you can click through from oddschecker to your betting site and put on the bet without realising you are backing in the wrong code and you have no recourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

robbiezero wrote: »
    Oddschecker keep mixing up football and hurling when the two teams are playing in both codes. I got a rush of excitement this evening seeing Ulster Uni at 12/1 v UCD in the football section for Paddy Power. Unfortunately it was obviously the hurling game.

It's actually quite dangerous especially when the odds are like those for Limerick v Wexford, as you can click through from oddschecker to your betting site and put on the bet without realising you are backing in the wrong code and you have no recourse.

You should try not to access the betting site directly from oddschecker, sure way to get your account limited/closed!

First round of the league, early treble: Derry (vs Clare), Tyrone (vs Roscommon), Westmeath (vs Carlow). Not great odds, rattles in at 5/4. First weekend of the league and I shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come in but this looks very solid.

Donegal have a habit of doing their worst work in Letterkenny so that in combination with their recent departures makes the 10/11 on Kerry more appealing.

Also, think Monaghan are a little on the big side at 9/4 against Mayo fwiw.

Draws :rolleyes:

Kerry @ 10/11 on Paddypower. 5/6 general

Kerry are going well after winning the McGrath Cup beating Tipperary,Cork and then Limerick in the Final. Many of the first team are already in action as well as a squad mixed with the U21s.
    Donegal arent in a great postiton having lost a few players, Colm McFadden, Eamon McGee, Christy Toye, Rory Kavanagh and David Walsh all retired, and the departure of Leo McLoone, Anthony Thompson and Odhran MacNiallais. Karl Lacey wont be available for selection this Sunday
    Beginning this Sunday Jason McGee, just out of minor, Michael Langan, Michael Carroll, Eoghan Bán Gallagher, Jamie Brennan, Caolan McGonigle and Conor Morrison, from the previous years’ U-18 squads, are all in the frame to start against the Kingdom.
    Rory Gallagher will finalise his team tonight (Thursday) for Sunday’s showdown with Kerry, and providing none of his squad pick up any knocks, it is expected to be along the lines of that which started against Mayo in last Sunday’s challenge in Sligo.
    That team was : Mark Anthony McGinley; Paddy McGrath, Neil McGee, Eoghan Ban Gallagher; Caolan Ward, Ryan McHugh, Paul Brennan; Michael Langan, Hugh McFadden; Ciaran Thompson, Eoin McHugh, Martin O'Reilly; Patrick McBrearty, Michael Murphy and Jamie Brennan.

I think Kerry will have too much for this Mixed Donegal team.
    Think Limerick+2 are good value on Bet365 vs Wexford on Sunday. Limerick had a good Mcgrath Cup Campaign and took Kerry to Extra Time in the final. Paddy Power have Limerick 4/7favs so +2 @ 5/6 is Value.

Kerry won.
    Wexford beat Limerick by 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kilkenny -2 at home to Waterford. KK have been solid enough in winning the Walsh cup while Waterford in experiment mode. Can see this being handy enough for KK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

KK without the two Fennellys, Walter Walsh, Kevin Kelly and Aylward...
    Don't be backing against your own county Kev :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I'd wait for teams before making any bets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Tipp-3 at 10/11 against Dublin on 365, PP are 8/11 for the same handicap. Dublin are short the Cuala players, who bet Dublin last weekend. I'd be expecting Tipp to pick a very strong team and get off to a good start this campaign. The team holiday is well out of the way and there's way more focus within the panel compared to the last season after AI success. I'd expect Tipp to cover this handicap against a full Dublin team, never mind a depleted team. The game being in Croke Park should suit Tipp, who have a woeful record in the tighter Parnell Park.

I like the look of Donegal to beat Roscommon this weekend. Ultan Harney and David Murray for Roscommon both injured today in Sigerson on top of all their other absentees. Even money with Boyle and 365.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Tipp-3 at 10/11 against Dublin on 365, PP are 8/11 for the same handicap. Dublin are short the Cuala players, who bet Dublin last weekend. I'd be expecting Tipp to pick a very strong team and get off to a good start this campaign. The team holiday is well out of the way and there's way more focus within the panel compared to the last season after AI success. I'd expect Tipp to cover this handicap against a full Dublin team, never mind a depleted team. The game being in Croke Park should suit Tipp, who have a woeful record in the tighter Parnell Park.

To follow on from this:

I'm on Tipperary -3 vs Dublin and Tipperary-4 vs Dublin on Saturday. Info says Dublin are missing 9 starters and Tipp are at Full Strength. Source was talking to one of the Dublin players and the exact words were "This could be bad"

4pts on Tipperary -3 @ 10/11 (Bet365)
    5 Pts on Tipperary -4 @ 1/1 (Paddy Power)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

On Tipp minus 3 as well and also had a good cut off Armagh minus 2 v Laois at evens with PP last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I like the look of Donegal to beat Roscommon this weekend. Ultan Harney and David Murray for Roscommon both injured today in Sigerson on top of all their other absentees. Even money with Boyle and 365.

I'd be very reluctant to back Donegal after watching the Kerry game twice.

Their defence isn't a shadow of what it used to be [Kerry had a number of additional goal chances/half goal chances besides the ones scored - around 4/5 decent chances of goals] and didn't even have to work much to get scoring chances and their midfield looks to be a disaster area. Up front their forwards were starved off possession for very long periods and it was only when the game was over as a contest they did manage to get any sort of fluency going.

They did narrow the gap later on (got the last 6 points) but a lot of this was due to Kerry switching off/getting tired. The Kerry subs were all in the forwards or midfield and the Kerry backs had 2 players who played full Sigerson games the previous Wednesday.

They might pick it up but I definitely would be holding fire on backing them against anyone as they looked a good way back from where they were.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I'd be very reluctant to back Donegal after watching the Kerry game twice.

Their defence isn't a shadow of what it used to be [Kerry had a number of additional goal chances/half goal chances besides the ones scored - around 4/5 decent chances of goals] and didn't even have to work much to get scoring chances and their midfield looks to be a disaster area. Up front their forwards were starved off possession for very long periods and it was only when the game was over as a contest they did manage to get any sort of fluency going.

They did narrow the gap later on (got the last 6 points) but a lot of this was due to Kerry switching off/getting tired. The Kerry subs were all in the forwards or midfield and the Kerry backs had 2 players who played full Sigerson games the previous Wednesday.

They might pick it up but I definitely would be holding fire on backing them against anyone as they looked a good way back from where they were.

We'll agree to differ :) Was at the game myself and also re-watched. I might be wrong, but I think they'll get over Roscommon. Can't see anyone from Ross marshalling Ryan McHugh or McBrearty as effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭biffo2014

My picks for the weekend are:

Kildare
    Wexford
    Derry

Might have a sneaky punt on Tyrone. Think they would relish stopping Dublins run in Croke Park.

That treble pays put around 8/1 ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

We'll agree to differ :) Was at the game myself and also re-watched. I might be wrong, but I think they'll get over Roscommon. Can't see anyone from Ross marshalling Ryan McHugh or McBrearty as effectively.

Roscommon comfortably beat Donegal last year in Letterkenny. IIRC they handled both players ok that day,McBrearty scoreless from play.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement