Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

yabadabado wrote: »
    Roscommon comfortably beat Donegal last year in Letterkenny. IIRC they handled both players ok that day,McBrearty scoreless from play.

Roscommon had much more work done before last year's league campaign. Also 9 players from last years starting line up missing for one reason or another, so not exactly a like for like comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Tipp -5 10/11 with 365, -6 evens with PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ahlookit wrote: »
    Roscommon had much more work done before last year's league campaign. Also 9 players from last years starting line up missing for one reason or another, so not exactly a like for like comparison.

Obviously not a like for like comparison but many of those changes from last year won't make Ros weaker.Collins and Cregg are the main losses.
    Bit of a myth that Ros have a lot less work done compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Obviously not a like for like comparison but many of those changes from last year won't make Ros weaker.Collins and Cregg are the main losses.

I hope you're right! They looked pretty tired at the end of the game in Omagh, then again, Tyrone could just be flying. Harney will be a loss, he was impressive last weekend. We'll see on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Worth remembering that Donegal are missing a huge chunk of players from last year's panel as well.

There's just too much uncertainty about both sides to make a judgement in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Worth remembering that Donegal are missing a huge chunk of players from last year's panel as well.

There's just too much uncertainty about both sides to make a judgement in my opinion.

Spot on and that's my take on it.Not a straightforward call on Donegal win like it seemed like OP suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What kind of state are Down in at the moment? Think Clare will probably do them but are they missing hurlers from the panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tipp - 3 gone - pity

Have taken Galway - 8
    Kerry - 2

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Thanks for the feedback lads, ye might have steered me away from it. Going to wait until a see the Donegal team before I make a final call on it.

I don't fancy a whole pile else this weekend, waiting for the last few markets to be priced up for Crokes & Corofin game...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

Would people fancy Fermanagh to beat Galway? They gave Tyrone a close run, albeit in the McKenna Cup and they had a good win last weekend.

Also in the hurling, any whispers about the state of Cork hurlers this year?

Just a reminder, I think a few from here signed up to https://olbg.ie/ to take part in the free GAA tipping competitions, get your tips in!

I did alright with my choices last weekend, 2 out of 2 but DCU let me down during the week, should've left it. Hoping to get back on track this weekend, €200 in prizes, not too shabby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tipp

1. Daragh Mooney – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
    2. Donagh Maher – Burgess
    3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
    4. John O’Keeffe – Clonoulty-Rossmore
    5. Tomás Hamill – Moyne-Templetuohy
    6. Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    7. Padraic Maher (Capt.) – Thurles Sarsfields
    8. Brendan Maher – Borris-Ileigh
    9. Kieran Bergin – Killenaule
    10. Steven O’Brien – Ballina
    11. Jason Forde – Silvermines
    12. Noel McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    13. John O’Dwyer – Killenaule
    14. Seamus Callanan – Drom & Inch
    15. Aidan McCormack – Thurles Sarsfields

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Tipp

1. Daragh Mooney – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
    2. Donagh Maher – Burgess
    3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
    4. John O’Keeffe – Clonoulty-Rossmore
    5. Tomás Hamill – Moyne-Templetuohy
    6. Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    7. Padraic Maher (Capt.) – Thurles Sarsfields
    8. Brendan Maher – Borris-Ileigh
    9. Kieran Bergin – Killenaule
    10. Steven O’Brien – Ballina
    11. Jason Forde – Silvermines
    12. Noel McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    13. John O’Dwyer – Killenaule
    14. Seamus Callanan – Drom & Inch
    15. Aidan McCormack – Thurles Sarsfields

Tipp will eat them.

Tipp-8.5 is 9/4 on bet365, the only worry would be that Tipp build an early lead and sit back and make lots of changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

thelad95 wrote: »
    What kind of state are Down in at the moment? Think Clare will probably do them but are they missing hurlers from the panel?

Clare arent missing anyone from last week; they actually have cathal o connor and kevin hartnett back this weekend so theyr a bit stronger; they kicked 15 wides last week against derryb and if they can cut down on that, they should win this

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

With Donegal not being the team they were defensively, could be worth looking at goals as they still seem to be priced that they are a solid team (8/11 over 1.5). Also like goals in Kildare game. Listened to their game v the dubs 3rd team the other week and chances aplenty at both ends. Apparently last week against Meath, it was similar with Kildare taking their goal chances and Meath missing theirs. Will wait for weather to play.

BTW anyone able to share what Jennings tips are from the RP? Can't make it to the shop to pick one up. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

RIALTO1 Jennings picks are as follows

Football - Tyrone-1 2pts @ 11/4
    Tyrone over 14.5 points 2pts @ 11/10
    No Goals Kerry v Mayo 1pt @ 11/2
    Slaughneil 2pts @ 2/1

Hurling - Cork -1 2pts @ 13/10
    Tipp under 26.5 points 2pts @ 5/6
    Galway to win Division 1. 1pt @ 7/1
    Waterford to top Division 1A 1pt @ 7/2
    Galway to top Division 1B 4pts @ 10/11

To follow on from this:

I'm on Tipperary -3 vs Dublin and Tipperary-4 vs Dublin on Saturday. Info says Dublin are missing 9 starters and Tipp are at Full Strength. Source was talking to one of the Dublin players and the exact words were "This could be bad"

4pts on Tipperary -3 @ 10/11 (Bet365)
    5 Pts on Tipperary -4 @ 1/1 (Paddy Power)

Tipp win by 16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Tipp win by 16

If your points are the points I'm thinking of, that was a very good weekend! Well done!

thelad95 wrote: »
    Tipp-8.5 is 9/4 on bet365, the only worry would be that Tipp build an early lead and sit back and make lots of changes.

Walked in.

• Advertisement

Same As wrote: »
    I like the look of Donegal to beat Roscommon this weekend. Ultan Harney and David Murray for Roscommon both injured today in Sigerson on top of all their other absentees. Even money with Boyle and 365.

Never in doubt :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

robbiezero wrote: »
    On Tipp minus 3 as well and also had a good cut off Armagh minus 2 v Laois at evens with PP last night.

Tipp comfortable. Armagh are just awful in fairness to them.

Never in doubt :pac:

Ros should have won the game by about 10 points,absolutely threw it away. The decision making in the final 3rd was shocking.

Ros should have won the game by about 10 points,absolutely threw it away. The decision making in the final 3rd was shocking.

Assuming you were in the Hyde? Was there afters between the two managers at the end of the game?

Assuming you were in the Hyde? Was there afters between the two managers at the end of the game?

I was at it but didn't notice that .
    What's supposed to have happened?

Donegal extremely mediocre,Murphy and the half forwards made the difference but Ros really should have won it handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Has anyone seen a price on the Kerry league and all Ireland double? Looking to back this

Shanee. wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a price on the Kerry league and all Ireland double? Looking to back this

Was 14/1 before this weekends games with PP I think, was around 20s earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

For anyone on here who's involved, the hurling & football tables have been updated over on OLBG Ireland.

Anyone looking to get involved, head here; https://olbg.ie/ ~ €200 in free prizes

C4jqp7CWQAAgKbB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭arch staunton

Tipp hurlers -1 11/10
    Looks like a communion money, style bet
    This weekend

• Advertisement

Tipp hurlers -1 11/10
    Looks like a communion money, style bet
    This weekend
    Looks a good thing if Bennett is out, not sure what the story is with Austin gleeson

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement