Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Tipp hurlers -1 11/10
    Looks like a communion money, style bet
    This weekend

Why? Best to provide reasoning here I think especially since Waterford are a very good league team that went to Kilkenny and won last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Why? Best to provide reasoning here I think especially since Waterford are a very good league team that went to Kilkenny and won last weekend.

Ya, I'd like to know why too. Hard to judge Tipp on the Dublin game. Dublin were muck.
    Callinan and Bubbles very rusty last week. Not a game I would be having a bet on. Should be a close game and either team winning would be no surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Tipp hurlers -1 11/10
    Looks like a communion money, style bet
    This weekend

Wouldn't touch it with stolen money tbh, fancy Waterford big time to turn Tipp over, Walsh Park is a notoriously difficult place to win the best of times and Waterford if last week is anything to go on are clearly intent on putting down a marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

I wouldnt be overly confident on Tipp. Callanan and Bubbles at nothing last week and McCormack wont have the space that he got in Croker either.
    If these 3 start in the full forward line again I'd fancy Waterford. If John McGrath starts I think he'd offer Tipp more inside.

Draw anybody??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Bit early but a double of Meath and Dublin to beat Down and Donegal next weekend is 21/10 at the moment - I wouldn't be surprised if the price for both shortened in the coming days.

Down are in the middle of a terrible run of form (Fermanagh and Clare both beat Down fairly easily) and there is a lot of trouble in the camp with lads leaving the panel. Also Meath put in a very strong 2nd hand performance against Derry and while the loss to Kildare was poor, they still managed to score 0-16.

I thought Donegal were very poor against Kerry and the fact that they needed an injury time point to get the win against Roscommon does not bode well imo. Someone mentioned backing Donegal to concede goals and I'd go along with that - their defence looks a long way off what it used to be - they conceded 2 goals against Roscommon and 2 against Kerry. While Dublin struggled against Tyrone, Tyrone have been in a strong bit of early season form - between the McKenna Cup and taking care of Roscommon with ease, Donegal haven't looked anything as remotely coherent as they used to be with a huge chunk of newcomers in the squad.

• Advertisement

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Bit early but a double of Meath and Dublin to beat Down and Donegal next weekend is 21/10 at the moment - I wouldn't be surprised if the price for both shortened in the coming days.

Down are in the middle of a terrible run of form (Fermanagh and Clare both beat Down fairly easily) and there is a lot of trouble in the camp with lads leaving the panel. Also Meath put in a very strong 2nd hand performance against Derry and while the loss to Kildare was poor, they still managed to score 0-16.

I thought Donegal were very poor against Kerry and the fact that they needed an injury time point to get the win against Roscommon does not bode well imo. Someone mentioned backing Donegal to concede goals and I'd go along with that - their defence looks a long way off what it used to be - they conceded 2 goals against Roscommon and 2 against Kerry. While Dublin struggled against Tyrone, Tyrone have been in a strong bit of early season form - between the McKenna Cup and taking care of Roscommon with ease, Donegal haven't looked anything as remotely coherent as they used to be with a huge chunk of newcomers in the squad.

Is it not 21/20 - just over even money?
    It does look fairly nailed on alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

robbiezero wrote: »
    Is it not 21/20 - just over even money?
    It does look fairly nailed on alright.

Sorry typo there - you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Meath Hurlers -5 points vs Derry 10/11 only with Bet365

Down Hurlers - 4 points vs Roscommon EVENS only with Bet365

2 singles and a double at just below 3/1

No Callinan, Bubbles or Ronan Maher starting for Tipp. Waterford probably favs now, playing at home in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Any info on Junior Hurling Final tomorrow?

Mooncoin V Mayfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

No opinion on junior final but really fancy carrickshock in the intermediate final @ 5/6 against ahascragh/fohenagh of Galway. They contested senior final in KK 3 yrs ago but got relegated following year. They have Michael Rice John Dalton and the 2 Power brothers with lots of other experienced players through the team. Ahascragh have the two Mannion brothers but from reading comments from their Mgt team they are hopeful of a good performance and don't look to be overly confident of causing an upset even though bookies have it pretty close. " 23rd team in Galway will find it difficult against 13th team in Kilkenny" is what their Mgt team are saying. Kilkenny sides have done well at this grade also winning 3 of the last 4 years. They look a max bet for me @5/6 and also worth few euro @2/1 (-3) with Boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Waterford look a great bet at 11/8 on 365.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭ThaiTanic

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Waterford look a great bet at 11/8 on 365.

Wouldn't touch Waterford with a barge pole, team named there, No Paddy Curran, Stephen Bennett or Jamie Barron, the three lads in instead of them are only on the panel due to been from the managements club, stone wall useless. Aussie is 50/50 to start. Tipp great value IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

ThaiTanic wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch Waterford with a barge pole, team named there, No Paddy Curran, Stephen Bennett or Jamie Barron, the three lads in instead of them are only on the panel due to been from the managements club, stone wall useless. Aussie is 50/50 to start. Tipp great value IMO

Wrong Waterford team up the42 site, think I'll leave it now.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Wrong Waterford team up the42 site, think I'll leave it now.

Yeah I just seen that myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Jennings selections...

Dublin under 19.5 points vs Cork - 4 points @ 8/11 with PP. (17/20 with Betway if you can get on)

Under 44.5 points Cork Dublin - 3 points @ 5/6 Betfair/PP

Offaly @ 6/5 vs Laois - 2 points Betfair

Kilkenny -2 @ 5/6 anyone put me off this?

mjp wrote: »
    No opinion on junior final but really fancy carrickshock in the intermediate final @ 5/6 against ahascragh/fohenagh of Galway. They contested senior final in KK 3 yrs ago but got relegated following year. They have Michael Rice John Dalton and the 2 Power brothers with lots of other experienced players through the team. Ahascragh have the two Mannion brothers but from reading comments from their Mgt team they are hopeful of a good performance and don't look to be overly confident of causing an upset even though bookies have it pretty close. " 23rd team in Galway will find it difficult against 13th team in Kilkenny" is what their Mgt team are saying. Kilkenny sides have done well at this grade also winning 3 of the last 4 years. They look a max bet for me @5/6 and also worth few euro @2/1 (-3) with Boyles

Good call. Some hiding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

mjp wrote: »

Super shout, was at it, they were streets ahead.

ciaran1988 wrote: »

If your watching Cork so far tonight, you certainly wont be put off it.

• Advertisement

If your watching Cork so far tonight, you certainly wont be put off it.

Yes watched it there. Cork had a shocker there especially Horgan some of them frees missed were shocking. Big improvement from the Dub lads all the same after there shocker last week

Yes watched it there. Cork had a shocker there especially Horgan some of them frees missed were shocking. Big improvement from the Dub lads all the same after there shocker last week

You would be thinking Clare must be quite poor to beaten by that putrid Cork side. But then its the league so you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Offaly sure are useless.

Couldn't even beat Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

You would be thinking Clare must be quite poor to beaten by that putrid Cork side. But then its the league so you never know.

There could be a bit of a kick in Kilkenny after last week

tatoo wrote: »
    There could be a bit of a kick in Kilkenny after last week

You could say the same for Clare, I'd say the minus two will probably drift a bit and KK will be stronger favs before the start.
    You would imagine they will win and win possibly comfortably, but then I thought the same last year v Clare in the League semi and they hammered the ****e out of KK.
    But all evidence and form to date points to KK to beat the -2 handicap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

mjp wrote:

Fancied them to win but didn't think they'd win that easily. Small bit disappointed as had a sneaky tenner on them to win by 16 or more @40/1 which they got to within 1 of. RTE News reported score as 2-16 to 6 so still a slight chance that Boyle's could pay out based on this but 15 points seems to be correct score everywhere else.

I think based on Form and the fact Tony Kelly isnt hurling with Clare today Kilkenny are the bet of the weekend, Ive them done all the way upto -8. Big Walter Walsh will be a huge outlet for Kilkenny that they didnt have against Waterford IMO. You can be sure they got a right bollocking about loosing to Waterford. Kilkenny hurting could blow Clare off the park. If Clare cant improve 80-90% from that display against Cork last weekend god help them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

ThaiTanic wrote: »
    I think based on Form and the fact Tony Kelly isnt hurling with Clare today Kilkenny are the bet of the weekend, Ive them done all the way upto -8. Big Walter Walsh will be a huge outlet for Kilkenny that they didnt have against Waterford IMO. You can be sure they got a right bollocking about loosing to Waterford. Kilkenny hurting could blow Clare off the park. If Clare cant improve 80-90% from that display against Cork last weekend god help them.
    Missing Kelly will be a factor but looking at last week's game, I don't know if the kilkenny back line is that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Even as a Kilkenny man, I've no faith we'll beat the handicap or even beat Clare full stop today. In saying that Clare were well off the pace against cork who in turn were well off the pace against Dublin so that suggests Kilkenny should win pretty easily but these things rarely work like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

The problem here is, it's the league! It's a ****ing minefield!!

I know nothing about hurling, and from the analysis here, it's still not clear where the bet is. The league is dangerous for punters! Has cost me plenty in the past!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement