Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Might have a few quid on either team to win by 1-4 points, or a draw @ 8/11 with Paddy in the Tipp Waterford game, can't call it either way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Same As wrote: »
    Might have a few quid on either team to win by 1-4 points, or a draw @ 8/11 with Paddy in the Tipp Waterford game, can't call it either way.

I like the look of that bet , having seen the teams I might throw a few quid on the draw 9/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Absolutely burned by both Offaly and Cork, hopefully better luck today.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Dublin caught everyone else by surprise last night , Cork have some tough games coming up, might be worth backing against them handicap wise in the weeks ahead. No leaders showing up and if they go behind early it could get nasty I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

No goals in Waterford Tipp 18/1 on 365, 8 or 9s with the Irish firms. Under 1.5 goals 4/1 with 365, about 2/1 with the rest. Decent value and the conditions won't be suitable for a flowing game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Glencar will win today. They're a senior team playing Junior! The only team to beat Crokes in 2016 in Kerry!

Anybody any insight for the intermediate?

80s Child wrote: »
    Glencar will win today. They're a senior team playing Junior! The only team to beat Crokes in 2016 in Kerry!

Anybody any insight for the intermediate?

Glenbeigh should win, they've bad habits in finals so hopefully today is the day for them. Darran O Sullivan and Gavan O Grady are the two obvious standouts in the forwards, and Pa Kilkenny should keep things organised at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Anyone have Jennings picks for today. Never got to shop after mass today

Tyson Fury wrote: »

#Wipeout

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    No goals in Waterford Tipp 18/1 on 365, 8 or 9s with the Irish firms. Under 1.5 goals 4/1 with 365, about 2/1 with the rest. Decent value and the conditions won't be suitable for a flowing game.

Nice one. Did the under 1.5. Cheers.

• Advertisement

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Meath Hurlers -5 points vs Derry 10/11 only with Bet365

Down Hurlers - 4 points vs Roscommon EVENS only with Bet365

2 singles and a double at just below 3/1

Happy days not a bad afternoons work
    Down win by 5
    Meath win by 9

Also thanks to Thelad95 for your comment putting me off backing Kilkenny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭ThaiTanic

robbiezero wrote: »
    Nice one. Did the under 1.5. Cheers.

Brillant shout I owe you a pint

ThaiTanic wrote: »
    Brillant shout I owe you a pint

That's my pint ;)

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    That's my pint ;)

Sorry wrong Quote haha, Il get ye all pints after that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Tipp hurlers -1 11/10
    Looks like a communion money, style bet
    This weekend
    danganabu wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch it with stolen money tbh, fancy Waterford big time to turn Tipp over, Walsh Park is a notoriously difficult place to win the best of times and Waterford if last week is anything to go on are clearly intent on putting down a marker.

Apologies if I put anyone off Tipp, was really shocked how poor Waterford were and also delighted with the apparent strength in depth Tipp have in the panel it was a fair performance with only 6 of last Septembers team starting, obviously only February but the Tipp players attitude and workrate certainly augurs well for the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭arch staunton

Tipp hurlers -1 11/10
    Looks like a communion money, style bet
    This weekend
    Easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Has an All Ireland winning captain ever won hurler of the year?
    Paudie Maher would have been my pick for hurler of the year last year and seemed to have picked up where he left off this year.

Think Louth look a nice enough price against Offaly @ 11/8.

No such thing as form lines, but working with the little there is so far:

Louth had a good O'Byrne cup run, reaching the final and have won their two opening league games against Laois away from home and Longford at home by the minimum.

Offaly accounted for Antrim in the last round, but lost out to Longford by 5 points in the first round.

No sure thing by any stretch, but will have a punt.

Same As wrote: »
    Think Louth look a nice enough price against Offaly @ 11/8.

No such thing as form lines, but working with the little there is so far:

Louth had a good O'Byrne cup run, reaching the final and have won their two opening league games against Laois away from home and Longford at home by the minimum.

Offaly accounted for Antrim in the last round, but lost out to Longford by 5 points in the first round.

No sure thing by any stretch, but will have a punt.

Yeah I really fancy Louth too!

Also on Friday Mary I to beat LIT 5/6 is printing money IMO

• Advertisement

ThaiTanic wrote: »

Friday Mary I to beat LIT 5/6 is printing money IMO

Why do you think that?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

The brand of hurling Davy Fitz has LIT playing make them very very hard to beat. Would personally never back against them and definitely not at a handicap.

I got this off a group on Facebook, this is what I'm going off to be honest, they have been spot on so far.

"Fitzgibbon Cup Semi Finals Preview

Semi Final 1
    IT Carlow will face UCC in their first ever Fitzgibbon cup semi final appearance after taking out tournament favorites UL today. UCC knocked out DCU yesterday in Cork. Once again IT Carlow will go into this game as underdogs, (according to early betting odds) a tag which has suited them so far in this competition and a tag they will have to overcome as they are (according to the bookies) rank outsiders. UCC have county starts Jamie Barron and Alan Caddogan to rely on and they boast the best defense left in the competition conceding on average only 12 points a game. Out of the four teams remaining IT Carlows defense concedes the most scores with an average of 17.5 points conceded a game, they will need to find a solution to this if they want to go any further in this competition. In the forwards UCC are averaging 20.5 points a game however this is the lowest scoring average out of the four remaining teams, IT Carlow boast a 28.5 Points per game average.

Verdict: We feel that people are underestimating IT Carlow all year, we for one were not surprised to see them beating UL today as you can see in our previous posts. UCC will be no push overs but if IT Carlow can sort out their defensive problems and continue their scoring form we feel they will prevail to the final.

What our Stats say: Carlow by 2.5

Semi Final 2
    Tournament Favorites Mary I will take on neighbors LIT for local bragging rights and a place in the final against ITC/UCC here. Mary I have the top ranked Offence left in the competition averaging 32 points a game compared to LIT's third placed ranking of 25.75 points per game. There is hope for LIT though as their defense is ranked better than Mary I. The key to this game will depend on how Shane Bennett and Cian Lynch play for their respective colleges.

Verdict: We feel that LIT do have a chance but they will need to both up their defensive efforts and score more goals to beat a free scoring Mary I side. It is certainly possible but we are picking Mary I to prevail to the final here.

What our stats say: Mary I by 5.25

Area 32 Power Rankings

Overall Power Rankings
    1) Mary I 2) IT Carlow 3) LIT 4) UCC

Offensive Power Rankings
    1) Mary I 2) IT Carlow 3) LIT 4) UCC

Defensive Power Rankings
    1) UCC 2) LIT 3) Mary I 4) IT Carlow

Latest Outright Betting
    Mary I 7/4, LIT 2/1, UCC 3/1, IT Carlow 5/1

Snapchat: igbp32"

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Marv8 wrote: »
    Has an All Ireland winning captain ever won hurler of the year?
    Paudie Maher would have been my pick for hurler of the year last year and seemed to have picked up where he left off this year.

Can't think of one in hurling but McGeeny won both in 2003 with Armagh

Django99 wrote: »
    Can't think of one in hurling but McGeeny won both in 2003 with Armagh

Some fella called Tommy Dunne.

under 27.5 tonight in the u21 game on a wet dirty night in Mullingar is tempting. Think I'll give it a shot and maybe get out in running if needed.

robbiezero wrote: »
    under 27.5 tonight in the u21 game on a wet dirty night in Mullingar is tempting. Think I'll give it a shot and maybe get out in running if needed.

Job done, just about and some extra profit on over 24.5 just at start of second half.

Any thoughts on the weekend games lad. At an early glance I think we could see a big performance for Down after all that has been going on. They are even money with William Hill +3.

I also think Roscommon can cover the 5 point handicap in their game against Mayo. It pays 11/10 with Ladbrokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Any thoughts on the weekend games lad. At an early glance I think we could see a big performance for Down after all that has been going on. They are even money with William Hill +3.

I also think Roscommon can cover the 5 point handicap in their game against Mayo. It pays 11/10 with Ladbrokes.
    agreed re Roscommon, 5 point handicap is huge this time of year.
    Favs in Div 4 look good prices too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Have to disagree on Down - it would be one thing if they had the players, to get a backlash type performance but I think they simply don't have the players of sufficient standard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement