Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

molaise gaels and armagh can both **** off. I'd say the bookies had a good day out, they got a lot of my money yesterday.

Hope to win it back today :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

TheHopeful wrote: »
    Clare minor hurlers look good tomorrow against waterford. Just heard the Tipp minor manager on the radio, sayin he doesnt think it will be a close match, and that clare will win by 8+.
    Clare are 1/2 to win the match, and 11/10 -3.

fair play hopeful took the minus 3 got the 11/10 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

Roscommon 6/4 v Mayo
    Derry 5/4 v Donegal.

10r returns 56.25

Excellent value!!

In my opinion they should both be favs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Derry without Eoin Bradley so think Donegal shade it as favourites however they are 4/6 with most bookies which is a bit too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

The carlow senior football championship starts this weekend i think naomh eoin a a great bet to beat fenagh.The betting on paddy power is even money for bothteams with the draw 13/2.Naomh eoin have some very good young players on there team having won last years minor and under 21 championships as well as winning the intermediate championship.These teams met in the league earlier on this year with naomh eoin winning by 4 points.I'm having a big bet on naomh eoin at evens good luck if you follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭jacool

Cork U21s @13-8 being talked up by the Lee. On TG4 tonight as well if you can abandon the golf;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

jacool wrote: »
    Cork U21s @13-8 being talked up by the Lee. On TG4 tonight as well if you can abandon the golf;)

Cheers for the tip jacool:D

Going for a safe-ish bet tonight

Wicklow +6
    Kildare +1
    Limerick +1
    Down +1

€50 pays €111 with Boylesports. If i get a chance later ill price around and see if it pays more elsewhere.

Might do a longshot accum also. I fancy Kildare to win by 5/6 points, Wicklow/ Armagh draw or 1 point win either way. Down/ Antrim could be dodgy but expect Down to have a bit too much in the end. Limerick/ Waterford again expect Limerick to win this, but not by a whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Kildare look great value @ -2 @ evens to beat a poor Meath team and doubling it with Limerick -3 to beat Waterford @ Evens too. Also good value for limerick to score goals today (6 goals in the last 2 games) too over 1.5 @ 15/8, they have been banging them in lately and remember how many Cork got against Waterford (5)! There 5/1 over 2.5 goals - all over it:cool:

Did....

kildare -2
    longford town
    limerick
    down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

puttin all lois' rainy day money on kildare -1

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

antrim look way over priced at 5/1 against a down team which has struggled though the qualifiers, considering wicklow are 9/4 against an armagh side which beat down the price looks too high (wicklow div 4 side, antrim played div 2 this year) purely a value bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

GAA Football Matches Wicklow v Armagh
    16-07-2011 19:00
    Alternative Handicap
    Wicklow (+4.0) @ 8/13
    GAA Football Matches Antrim v Down
    Alternative Handicap
    Antrim (+5.0) @ 8/11
    GAA Football Matches Limerick v Waterford
    Alternative Handicap
    Limerick (-1.0) @ 1/2
    GAA Football Matches Meath v Kildare
    Alternative Handicap
    Kildare (-1.0) @ 8/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Like the look of Kildare tonight big time. Could be a bit of a dogfight in this weather though.

T2daK wrote: »
    Did....

kildare -2
    longford town
    limerick
    down

Half time its coming along nicely..

Going for a safe-ish bet tonight

Wicklow +6
    Kildare +1
    Limerick +1
    Down +1

€50 pays €111 with Boylesports. If i get a chance later ill price around and see if it pays more elsewhere.

Might do a longshot accum also. I fancy Kildare to win by 5/6 points, Wicklow/ Armagh draw or 1 point win either way. Down/ Antrim could be dodgy but expect Down to have a bit too much in the end. Limerick/ Waterford again expect Limerick to win this, but not by a whole lot.

Get in, lucky i did Wicklow +6

Half time its coming along nicely..

woooo i won. Paid around 4/1 Shane St would want to listen to my big tip for tomorrow...

Oh my lord Roscommon are drifting!! 13/8 unreal value.

And Galway hurlers 4/9 for next week free money

woooo i won. Paid around 4/1 Shane St would want to listen to my big tip for tomorrow...

Oh my lord Roscommon are drifting!! 13/8 unreal value.

And Galway hurlers 4/9 for next week free money

I was gonna stay away from the betting on the GAA toady -they all look too close to call and the points unders price are crap, but do you honestly think Roscommon are that good?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

My Connaught final bets...

Main bet: Hennelly under 1.5pts @4/5. It's a blustery shower swept day in roscommon and the hyde provides little shelter from the elements at the best of times. I wasn't impressed by hennelly's kicking against galway in much the same elements. 2pts is a big ask for a keeper so i'm confident unders will come in.

Couple of fun-bets: €5 each on MoM

Cregg @16/1. If Roscommon do win, this man will play a big part in it I feel.
    Dillion @12/1. Mayo's playmaker, a class act on his day and popular with pundits
    Moran @12/1. Much the same as dillon and has shown good form recently.

Good luck to all.

My prediction Mayo by 3/4pts (not betting on the result though :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Poor conditions in Hyde Park Roscommon today with a very strong Wind from listening to the minor game. Commentators calling it a 5/6 point wind. When they look back at the connacht championship of 2011 in years to come they will think it was played in the depths of winter as conditions for all of this years matches have been brutal

• Advertisement

Just doing a small bet today.

€25 on over 1.5 goals in Donegal/ Derry and Ros/ Mayo games

Pays out €81 with pp. It's very blustery in Clones today also so i'd be wary anybody betting on a high scoring game there. Think Mayo will win by 3 and Derry/ Donegal a draw or 1pt win either way so not touching it.

I would have went unders in total points for Donegal/ Derry (28.5). Think it will come in but a bit short at 4/6

Good luck to all.

mixed up wrote: »
    The carlow senior football championship starts this weekend i think naomh eoin a a great bet to beat fenagh.The betting on paddy power is even money for bothteams with the draw 13/2.Naomh eoin have some very good young players on there team having won last years minor and under 21 championships as well as winning the intermediate championship.These teams met in the league earlier on this year with naomh eoin winning by 4 points.I'm having a big bet on naomh eoin at evens good luck if you follow.

Paddy power are now 8/11 for naomh eoin to win but you can still get evens in boylesports which really is to big of a price.I hope some of you guys follow me on this as i follow the football in carlow and it's a poor fenagh team who were in a relegation battle in last championship.

Weather awfull for the Roscommon mayo game - all over in running under 25.5 pts @ 5/6 with PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

No card index on paddy power for the ulster final? Or am i blind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

donegal v derry awful ref should have sent player off for elbow and the donegal player for the punch afterwards in the brawl... tv3 coverage dreadful really bad i dont know how matt cooper is presenting it he doesnt have a clue

Paddy power are now 8/11 for naomh eoin to win but you can still get evens in boylesports which really is to big of a price.I hope some of you guys follow me on this as i follow the football in carlow and it's a poor fenagh team who were in a relegation battle in last championship.

Any news on this result?

Plus PP still not settled my Henelly under 1.5 points bet (cheers Sir Vival) - why so slow!!

Radonman wrote: »
    Any news on this result?

Hi radonman i'm just back from the game it end fenagh 3-11 naomh eoin 2-10 sorry about the bet losing :( The match was level with 3 minutes to go.Naomh eoin were missing 3 players from there usual team the full back,corner back and a midfielder wish i had known that before i placed my bet and gave this tip :mad:I hope you didn't lose to much on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Did....

kildare -2
    longford town
    limerick
    down

sound man. had 20 on it. keep em coming. owe u a few scoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hi radonman i'm just back from the game it end fenagh 3-11 naomh eoin 2-10 sorry about the bet losing :( The match was level with 3 minutes to go.Naomh eoin were missing 3 players from there usual team the full back,corner back and a midfielder wish i had known that before i placed my bet and gave this tip :mad:I hope you didn't lose to much on it.

In fairness, you really ought to at least know the team news before encouraging people to follow you on a bet.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    In fairness, you really ought to at least know the team news before encouraging people to follow you on a bet.

I understand your point but it's club football nobody will know the team before the match unless they are selectors.There not going to announce the team on the rte news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement