Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Same As wrote: »
    +1. They Dubs have to be turned over at some point, don't they? :pac:

There is money for the +2 already. Gone to 4/6 in Paddy Power. Still 21/20 in bet365

Had a good cut off Kilkenny v Cork
    44 points or less at 2/1 with PP

This seems very big given that the highest total of the 6 div 1 games so far has been 42 and 5 of the games have been under 40.
    Also the weather forecast is not great for Sunday afternoon.
    If it comes up dry I might lay off some or all of it with bet365 at 1/2, but it looks really good value at the moment.
    I don't rate this Cork team at all, but Kilkenny haven't exactly being scoring freely and are struggling for goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Going with Armagh, Kerry, Kildare, Wexford in football and Carlow, and Waterford in hurling. This six game accumalator pays just under 5 to 1 and on paper looks pretty straight forward. It's never as easy as it looks but I like this bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

robbiezero wrote: »

This seems very big given that the highest total of the 6 div 1 games so far has been 42 and 5 of the games have been under 40.
    If it comes up dry I might lay off some or all of it with bet365 at 1/2, but it looks really good value at the moment.
    I don't rate this Cork team at all, but Kilkenny haven't exactly being scoring freely and are struggling for goals.

Looks a good bet, also I've taken Galway - 12, surely a response after the wexford fiasco.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Looks a good bet, also I've taken Galway - 12, surely a response after the wexford fiasco.

Laois are meant to be short a few, Picky Maher is out I heard this morning. Galway -15 is 5/2 on 365, PP has it 15/8. Canning 10/11 anytime goal looks decent, Galway over 3.5 goals at 3/1 could be worth a shot also. The only worry I'd have about this match is the atrocious weather being forecast, Galway generally takes the brunt of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Just a word of warning re canning. Galway manager mentioned in local paper that they are easing him back to full fitness and keeping a close eye on him so he may not start Sunday. Team will probably be named tonight.

Think Waterford might cover the handicap vs the Dubs also, the performance against a woeful Cork outfit might have flattered Dublin somewhat.
    Mayo +2 is tempting too in what surely will be a very close game.

Waterford did the biz. Awful mistake ever backing mayo. They are like a junior b team here. Getting an awful hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Waterford did the biz. Awful mistake ever backing mayo. They are like a junior b team here. Getting an awful hiding.

One of the worst games of football I've ever been at. Mayo were completely lacklustre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Galway Laois.
    The weather is ok in Galway at the moment. Cloudy, a few drops.
    I saw Galway -12 evens in Racing Post, in Paddy Power it's -14 10/11.
    If anyone has Racing post at hand can you check where the -12 was please?

dinneenp wrote: »
    Galway Laois.
    The weather is ok in Galway at the moment. Cloudy, a few drops.
    I saw Galway -12 evens in Racing Post, in Paddy Power it's -14 10/11.
    If anyone has Racing post at hand can you check where the -12 was please?

365 offering the -12 at 21/20.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tip-2 kk -2 double with pp 15/8
    I like the look of this. I think both teams will cover -4 as well. Cork might have a game in them but I cant see kk losing 3 in a row and their superior strength should see them through.
    The weather will even things too much for me to go with -4 but I'll have 25 on the -2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Be very wary of going anywhere near Kilkenny, it's the poorest squad they've had in the league for years with a lot of younger, relatively inexperienced players. Cork are a circus at the moment but that game could go either way, I really wouldn't be confident in anyway of Kilkenny winning let alone covering a handicap.

What I do fancy is a double of Galway-12 and Wexford-13 @4.20, this is surely printing money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

thelad95 wrote: »
    Be very wary of going anywhere near Kilkenny, it's the poorest squad they've had in the league for years with a lot of younger, relatively inexperienced players. Cork are a circus at the moment but that game could go either way, I really wouldn't be confident in anyway of Kilkenny winning let alone covering a handicap.

True, but at home v Waterford I saw enough to think they will beat Cork. It's not often they lose 3 in a row and they really have to win. Cork for their part look gutless again this year and rarely get anything from playing in Nowlan. Cork are 5/2 if you fancy them, but I really don't. As a Cork man I would be delighted if we simply give them a game of it .

Jennings...

Kerry Roscommon BTTS 11/8 Boyle 2 points
    Over 4.5 goals Kerry Roscommon 12/1 Boyle 1 point
    Derry - 1 13/10 Paddy 3 points
    Galway Meath over 3.5 goals 5/1 Boyle 1 point
    Armagh - 3 evens general 3 points
    Sligo Sligo Double result 9/4 Paddy 2 points

Kilkenny - 3 evens Boyle 2 points
    Galway - 12 21/20 365 4 points
    Kildare 21/10 365 1 point

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    True, but at home v Waterford I saw enough to think they will beat Cork. It's not often they lose 3 in a row and they really have to win. Cork for their part look gutless again this year and rarely get anything from playing in Nowlan. Cork are 5/2 if you fancy them, but I really don't. As a Cork man I would be delighted if we simply give them a game of it .

As a Kilkenny man, I think we'll shade it but given we've only scored a pitiful 0-29 in two games and the ground will be extremely soft, talk of them beating a-4 handicap is dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    365 offering the -12 at 21/20.

if you go into match in bet365 you can also get -12.5 6/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

Galway have nearly covered the handicap after 10 mins 😂😂

Money don't come much easier than that.

thelad95 wrote: »
    What I do fancy is a double of Galway-12 and Wexford-13 @4.20, this is surely printing money.

Christ Wexford made me sweat! :o

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Tip-2 kk -2 double with pp 15/8
    I like the look of this. I think both teams will cover -4 as well. Cork might have a game in them but I cant see kk losing 3 in a row and their superior strength should see them through.
    The weather will even things too much for me to go with -4 but I'll have 25 on the -2

Kk by 7
    Tipp by 7 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Going with Armagh, Kerry, Kildare, Wexford in football and Carlow, and Waterford in hurling. This six game accumalator pays just under 5 to 1 and on paper looks pretty straight forward. It's never as easy as it looks but I like this bet.

Easy money, never in doubt 👍

Anyone see the odds for no goals in the Kilkenny and Tipp games today? I presume around 16s each.

Very, very early days, but just had a few quid on Fenton for FOTY at 16/1 with Boyle. Think he was robbed of it last year, and this is probably as long a price as he'll be seen at as the Dubs wagon rolls on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Very, very early days, but just had a few quid on Fenton for FOTY at 16/1 with Boyle. Think he was robbed of it last year, and this is probably as long a price as he'll be seen at as the Dubs wagon rolls on.

Fenton is a good shout, best midfielder in the country right now I think and hard to see Dublin not winning it or going very close.

Hard to say he was robbed last year though Keegan was immense for Mayo.

The bet though probably would be fecked if Dublin don't win it as there seem's to be a pretty heavy tendency to give it to a player from the winning team, last year being an exception rather than the rule.

John McGrath 16/1 HOTY, it'll only get smaller I think, he mightn't court the media enough to win it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

John McGrath 16/1 HOTY, it'll only get smaller I think, he mightn't court the media enough to win it though.

Am already on both him and Paraic Maher. Both look overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

danganabu wrote: »
    Am already on both him and Paraic Maher. Both look overpriced.

Is it possible to double up on FOTY & HOTY?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Anyone see the odds for no goals in the Kilkenny and Tipp games today? I presume around 16s each.

I was looking at first goalscorer betting with Powers for both games and no scorescorer for one of them was 17/1 so I presume it was around that for both games. A tenner on the double would have been nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Is it possible to double up on FOTY & HOTY?

Can't see why not, they are not a related bet and wouldnt be considered a novelty bet either which are the only two categories I've ever seen excluded from accums.

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »
    Can't see why not, they are not a related bet and wouldnt be considered a novelty bet either which are the only two categories I've ever seen excluded from accums.

Checked with a few bookies last night, doesn't appear possible online at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement