Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

danganabu wrote: »
    Am already on both him and Paraic Maher. Both look overpriced.

Ronan Maher surely a touch high at 50/1 with Boyles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Checked with a few bookies last night, doesn't appear possible online at least.

Strange alright
    Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Ronan Maher surely a touch high at 50/1 with Boyles?

After Austin Gleeson winning it last year anything is possible, might put a fiver on myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Lol you just had to get the dig in there! Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

Marv8 wrote:
    I was looking at first goalscorer betting with Powers for both games and no scorescorer for one of them was 17/1 so I presume it was around that for both games. A tenner on the double would have been nice!

Div 1 hurling matches vary between 7-10/1. Ladbrokes always best priced for such markets.

Would be much higher for 1a matches where most games are one sided and generally have more goals. Under 1.5 goals generally round 3/1 mark and can be a good bet. Teams like Waterford, Dublin and Cork are low goalscorers and Kilkenny have been so far this season aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

mjp wrote: »
    Div 1 hurling matches vary between 7-10/1. Ladbrokes always best priced for such markets.

Would be much higher for 1a matches where most games are one sided and generally have more goals. Under 1.5 goals generally round 3/1 mark and can be a good bet. Teams like Waterford, Dublin and Cork are low goalscorers and Kilkenny have been so far this season aswell.

Had no goals in Waterford Tipp at 18/1 but McGrath got a late one, didn't stay with the bet this weekend sadly. I thought there'd be goals in both games yesterday, on account of Cork's terrible defense and the sheer standard of forwards on show in Tipp Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

mjp wrote:

Dublin have scored the most goals in the division so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Thoughts on Tipp and Kilkenny game in the hurling?Bookies have Tipp as clear favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Whats people's thoughts on Armagh to win Division 3 of the football league at 9/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Johngoose wrote: »
    Thoughts on Tipp and Kilkenny game in the hurling?Bookies have Tipp as clear favourites.

Bookies are right, this is a ragtag Kilkenny side, will be quite interesting to see what handicap they come up with.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tip -2 10/11 looks very enticing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I'd be inclined to wait until the teams are named first for Tipp and KK. Tipp are through to the knock-out stages so can afford to experiment a little. I'd imagine Ryan will stick mostly with the same team as yesterday and if so then they are worthy favourites and the -2 could certainly look to be value.

Only 7 of last years all Ireland winning 15 started on Sunday for Tipp so if shows the strength in depth they have. I think they will go really strong next weekend to get 1 up on Kilkenny and Cody. -2 could be a great bet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Only 7 of last years all Ireland winning 15 started on Sunday for Tipp so if shows the strength in depth they have. I think they will go really strong next weekend to get 1 up on Kilkenny and Cody. -2 could be a great bet

That's my thinking also. The new players are well and truly pushing hard for a place and tip will relish putting kk to the sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Whats people's thoughts on Armagh to win Division 3 of the football league at 9/4

They'd have to beat Louth away and Tipp at home.. and then probably get a final spot, which they'd also have to win.

If you fancy them, do a double for them to beat Louth and Tipp (or rollover bet), it'll prob pay more than 9/4 and you won't have to worry about a final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

robbiezero wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to wait until the teams are named first for Tipp and KK. Tipp are through to the knock-out stages so can afford to experiment a little. I'd imagine Ryan will stick mostly with the same team as yesterday and if so then they are worthy favourites and the -2 could certainly look to be value.

Donagh Maher, Joe O'Dwyer, Brendan Maher and Niall O'Meara all out from the team that started last week with injuries.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

If Louth beat them in their next game they might not even get promoted ! Hear the Armagh Forwards are really good but the Defence not so impressive .

Anyone have any news on tonight's U21 matches

Anyone have any news on tonight's U21 matches

Tipp were 8/13 at the start of the week and have gone out to 5/6 while Limerick were 13/8 at the start of the week , now 5/4 . Limerick are a decent side with really good form coming into this , going well in the McNulty Cup getting to the Final , whereas Tipp were very poor in the same Competition ! Clare won the McNulty which included some very good Leinster Sides and are 9/1 v Kerry . That said Kerry have been training since August !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Tipp were 8/13 at the start of the week and have gone out to 5/6 while Limerick were 13/8 at the start of the week , now 5/4 . Limerick are a decent side with really good form coming into this , going well in the McNulty Cup getting to the Final , whereas Tipp were very poor in the same Competition ! Clare won the McNulty which included some very good Leinster Sides and are 9/1 v Kerry . That said Kerry have been training since August !

Kerry team are far too strong even despite missing Brian O'Beaglaoich and the club tied Dr Crokes players and the fact Mark O'Connor is gone to Oz . They have the winning minor teams from 2014,2015 and 2016 to pick from and Jack O'Connor managing them. They beat the Tipp seniors in the McGrath Cup in January and are deservedly favourites to win it out imo.[11/10 to win the competition outright is a very poor price at this stage of affairs] Maybe the handicap at -9 might be the way to go but even still I'd be reluctant enough as there looks to be goals in these Kerry forwards.

That said I know close to nothing about Clare's U21 side - they do have Keelan Sexton and 2 more who have been lining out for the senior involved but overall it would be a massive upset.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Kerry team are far too strong even despite missing Brian O'Beaglaoich and the club tied Dr Crokes players and the fact Mark O'Connor is gone to Oz . They have the winning minor teams from 2014,2015 and 2016 to pick from and Jack O'Connor managing them. They beat the Tipp seniors in the McGrath Cup in January and are deservedly favourites to win it out imo.[11/10 to win the competition outright is a very poor price at this stage of affairs] Maybe the handicap at -9 might be the way to go but even still I'd be reluctant enough as there looks to be goals in these Kerry forwards.

That said I know close to nothing about Clare's U21 side - they do have Keelan Sexton and 2 more who have been lining out for the senior involved but overall it would be a massive upset.

The Tipp Team had very little done at that stage compared to where they are at now . Clare have alot done , don`t think the upset is on though maybe if the game had been in Miltown Malbay there might be a slight chance .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

so Tipp definitely going to beat Kilkenny?

so Tipp definitely going to beat Kilkenny?

It's hard not to see a tip win. Kk are 21/10, it's not very often you see those prices for a kk win.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AbitaTASS

Clare -3 against the dubs is a cracking bet this weekend. Despite losing to Tipp last week Clare were on top for periods in the game. Dubs don't look up to much and they don't seem to be a happy camp at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

My 6 game accumulater this week is Tyrone and Monaghan in the football and Clare Carlow Antrim and Kilkenny in hurling. This pays 11 to 1. Taking a chance on the cats as tipp have a few injuries and I think a wounded cat might be dangerous.

Bets for the weekend

Tip, Clare, Waterford 2/1

Smaller on

Tip and Waterford to win by 4 or more 11/4
    Tip to win both half's 3/2
    Too to win without conceding a goal 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Jennings today:
    Tipp -4 2pts @11/10
    Tipp over 1.5gls 2pts @8/11
    Limerick over 4.5gls 1pt @8/1

Savage game, wasn't expecting a kk player to score 3-05 lots of bets lost on a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Jennings today:
    Tipp -4 2pts @11/10
    Tipp over 1.5gls 2pts @8/11
    Limerick over 4.5gls 1pt @8/1

Nice winner for Jennings with Limerick bagging 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Nice winner for Jennings with Limerick bagging 6

Who is Jennings?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸