Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Galway have comfortably beaten Mayo the last 2 years at minor, and were the better team when losing the year previous. That and home advantage dictating the prices id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Galway have comfortably beaten Mayo the last 2 years at minor, and were the better team when losing the year previous. That and home advantage dictating the prices id say
    is this match not in castlebar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

spurshero wrote: »
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    is this match not in castlebar
    Apologies I see now that match is in tuam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Westmeath getting lashed out of it in the football. Still a bit of 5/6 and 10/11 with Stan and BetVictor etc.

1/3 in Boyles etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Well spotted, big move across the board. 9/10 still with Bwin, doubling up with Armagh 1/5 to do the business vs Antrim is around 5/4 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

What do u guys think about Armagh -5 can get it at 10/11 with local bookies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

ciaran1988 wrote: »

Armagh have been a class above in their previous two against Louth and Offaly, I think they'll walk that handicap.

Antrim +6 is 6/4 with Boyles. So you could lump on that and cover your bet with Boyles.
    But I agree with above poster. I'd go for a straight bet.

Jennings picks for today are as follows

Roscommon +9
    2pts Evs BoyleSports, Ladbrokes
    Roscommon over 12.5 points
    2pts 11-10 Paddy Power
    Armagh -6
    2pts 11-10 general

Will Dublin have their Cuala players back for tomorrow's game against Kilkenny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Jennings picks for today are as follows

Roscommon +9
    2pts Evs BoyleSports, Ladbrokes
    Roscommon over 12.5 points
    2pts 11-10 Paddy Power
    Armagh -6
    2pts 11-10 general

I'm a roscommon supporter....but can't see us being within 10 points of Dublin tonight. Gorgeous day in Dublin and they have named a strong team

Anyone fancy Wexford minus 8 in the hurling. They have named quite a strong side.

Dublin & Armagh to win tonight by 5 or more at Even money enhanced looks very good value - the double of -4 on both is around 8/13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Thinking Dublin -5 and Armagh -5. I don't have a clue about Armagh though!

Only spotted your's now Same As. Any thoughts on Armagh?

Armagh 8 wides in the first 20 min

80s Child wrote: »
    Armagh 8 wides in the first 20 min

11 wides and 4 dropped short. Oh dear.

I think the whole country is on Armagh -6 and they decide to leave their shooting boots at home :rolleyes:

thelad95 wrote: »
    I think the whole country is on Armagh -6 and they decide to leave their shooting boots at home :rolleyes:

Don't ****ing talk to me. I'm starting to think I'm the magpie!!!

Bad start to the weekend thanks to Armagh. I suppose that's what I get for backing against my own county

Bad start to the weekend thanks to Armagh. I suppose that's what I get for backing against my own county

Armagheddon you could say :o

• Advertisement

Jennings picks for those interested.

Football Recommendations
    Tyrone -1
    3pts 11-10 Paddy Power
    Under 13.5 Mayo points
    1pt 10-11 Paddy Power
    Under 14.5 Cavan points
    3pts 8-11 Paddy Power
    Monaghan
    1pt 11-5 Coral, Ladbrokes
    Meath -2
    2pts Evs BoyleSports

Hurling Recommendations
    Cork -1
    2pts 13-5 Paddy Power
    Galway -2
    2pts 13-10 Paddy Power
    Westmeath
    1pt 6-4 bet365

robbiezero wrote: »
    Westmeath getting lashed out of it in the football. Still a bit of 5/6 and 10/11 with Stan and BetVictor etc.

1/3 in Boyles etc.

Looking good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Following their atrocious performance v donegal I am fully expecting tyrone to pull out all the stops today and Mayo are Mayo, not really sure what they will do. Conditions look good.

Large on Tyrone-1 at 11/10
    Also on tyrone-2 at 6/4
    And tyrone -3 at 21/10

Of all the days for tyrone to kick 15 wides Mayo knowing at HT that Cavan drew put an extra pep in their step too.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Following their atrocious performance v donegal I am fully expecting tyrone to pull out all the stops today and Mayo are Mayo, not really sure what they will do. Conditions look good.

Large on Tyrone-1 at 11/10
    Also on tyrone-2 at 6/4
    And tyrone -3 at 21/10

Of all the days for tyrone to kick 15 wides Mayo knowing at HT that Cavan drew put an extra pep in their step too.

Hard luck, even in retrospect those look like they were good bets. Mayo were a different team to what they've been all year, and Tyrone underperformed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Draw Donegal and Monaghan

Not easy, but draws in Gaelic rarely are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

laoisman11 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions - I've had a look in detail and it's actually worse than I thought. Basically, with the limit of 3 points difference that I've set, I've had 1 winner from 6 (1/2 cover the spread; 0/4 beat the spread). If I extend this to 2 points difference, I get a total of 9/22 (6/14 cover the spread; 3/8 beat the spread). At 1 point difference between the prediction and the spread, I'm at 24/46 (13/29 cover the spread; 11/17 beat the spread).

For info, 3 out of 5 home underdogs came through, as in the prediction model output was closer to the actual result than the bookies spread.

I'm particularly pissed off because it was going fairly well during the championship and was a small gold mine towards the end of last year's league (I was even putting on accumulators which is very unusual for me).

I'll put up this weekend's predictions, but I've lost faith in the output. Just Antrim to cover the spread against Waterford.

Team A|Team B|Model output|PP spread
    Down | Dublin |
    Fermanagh | Cavan |
    Limerick | Westmeath |
    Cork | Monaghan |
    Mayo | Kerry |
    Donegal | Roscommon |
    Laois | Derry |
    Meath | Tyrone |
    Armagh | Galway |
    Kildare | Sligo |
    Longford | Tipperary |
    Offaly | Clare |
    London | Leitrim |
    Antrim | Waterford |
    Carlow | Louth |
    Wexford | Wicklow |

Have you continued to track this laoisman?

Anyone on anything in tonight's U21 games. Cork +3 looks good to me at Evens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Anyone on anything in tonight's U21 games. Cork +3 looks good to me at Evens.

Considering their record at home at u21 level , it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Boyles have Dublin 21s -8 21/20, PP -10 evens. Dublin lead by 10-5 at ht and have the wind for the second half.

Edit: Gone in 5 minutes

• Advertisement

While Kerry were good, cork were truly woeful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement