Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hard not to see Dublin not beating the handicap of - 3. I know kerry put it up to them last time but Dublin are much superior at home and I'd expect them to win by 5 or more.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Hard not to see Dublin not beating the handicap of - 3. I know kerry put it up to them last time but Dublin are much superior at home and I'd expect them to win by 5 or more.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Kildare only lost to Galway by a point in Salthill with their 2nd team. Today their 1st team are well rested for croker, so I'll take Kildare to win at 6/5.

• Site Banned Posts: 22 Chung Yong

I'd be careful backing Kildare today. Our record at Croker is truly awful and remember, Clare beat us in the Division 3 final last year. I'll be staying well clear, too unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Chung Yong wrote: »
    I'd be careful backing Kildare today. Our record at Croker is truly awful and remember, Clare beat us in the Division 3 final last year. I'll be staying well clear, too unpredictable.

I haven't clicked 'place bet' yet! I thought there had to be a catch tbh. They are well rested and last weekend bodes well for them. I still think I'll take Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

munster87 wrote: »
    :D

Is it not their home? They play almost all their championship games there.

Should be a good game

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

League semis - Galway Tipp dbl for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Galway -1 Tip ht/FT double at 2/1 bet365 for interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

365 has the Antrim hurlers priced at -8 10/11 against Armagh this weekend, the Irish firms have no handicap as of yet, any value in -8?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Being an Antrim man I feel we should cover this handicap easily enough. We beat them by 7 points in the league in what was a terrible performance from us.

Only thing is it's a game no team seems want as we play Carlow in the Christy Ring and Armagh play Donegal in the Nicky Rackard 6 days after this game. Armagh have already called for the fixture to be put back to a later date.

Both sides won't be at their strongest and I feel with Antrims greater strength in depth we should run out comfortable winners and cover the handicap.

I also think this will be the last year the Ulster Hurling Championship will be played so hopefully get a decent crowd to Owenbeg.

• Advertisement

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    365 has the Antrim hurlers priced at -8 10/11 against Armagh this weekend, the Irish firms have no handicap as of yet, any value in -8?
    I requested a price from Paddy Power and they offered 8/13 for -8 or 10/11 for -10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    I requested a price from Paddy Power and they offered 8/13 for -8 or 10/11 for -10

Nice one. Good work.
    I see Boyles are 1/33 for straight win. PP are 1/12 and Bet365 are 1/10 so Boyles could have an even bigger handicap than PP.

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Galway -1 for me as well at 10/11 with 365. Thought this would be a bit higher.
    Would have the handicap at 3/4 points myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Well boys, just a fact finding mission more than anything

I'm a hurling man wth a focus on cork and tipp

But I've been given these to have a look at the weekend, wondering has anyone any insight

Cork Football

St Michaels at 10/11 to beat Na Piarsaigh
    Glenville at EVENS to beat Kinsale

Both boyles

Kerry football

Glenbeigh 1/4
    An Gaeltacht 1/5
    Kerry under 21s (-3) 2/5 v Galway

Offally hurling

Kinnity at 11/4 v Birr (boyles)

Big price but I've been given good word would love insight?

Tullamore 8/11 (boyles)
    Rynaghs 1/4 (PP)

Thanks lads

Points looks low on Donegal v Dublin game at 29.5 with boyles and 365. Day looks fine and both teams are quite high-scoring and have plenty goals in them.

Doing a little double with the Kerry game points also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

pablo24 wrote: »

Kerry football

Glenbeigh 1/4
    An Gaeltacht 1/5

Thanks lads

Glenbeigh should have enough to beat Foilmore who are pretty limited. Ghaeltacht will be very comfortable winners over Gneeveguilla, anything else there would be a huge shock.

U21's have beaten Galway in a few challenges apparently, different in championship obviously.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Points looks low on Donegal v Dublin game at 29.5 with boyles and 365. Day looks fine and both teams are quite high-scoring and have plenty goals in them.

Individual points done too. Dubs at 13/5, Donegal at 15.5

Bet looks ****ed already. Dreadful dreadful game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Kerry to score a goal in both halves, 3/1.

I'm not watching the other game, but Donegal are 17/10 at the minute. Are they that bad??

Under age football, anything can happen!

80s Child wrote: »
    Kerry to score a goal in both halves, 3/1.

I'm not watching the other game, but Donegal are 17/10 at the minute. Are they that bad??

Under age football, anything can happen!

They have been simply horrific this half. One of the worst 30 minutes of football I have seen.

• Advertisement

They have been simply horrific this half. One of the worst 30 minutes of football I have seen.

Ha ha...I had a tenner on Donegal and the above. Just over 8s.

They bloody scored as I was putting on the bet!

Individual points done too. Dubs at 13/5, Donegal at 15.5

at least the dubs one is up anyway. Donegal just havent shown up at all today. the 3 games in a short time may have taken it out of them.

And that is that

Horrible game of football although fair play to Dessie Farrell he done his homework and got his tactics spot on to stop Donegal playing. Hopefully we see a more entertaining game at half 4

Jennings Hurling picks for today

Recommendations

Tipperary to win by four, five or six points
    1pt 4-1 Paddy Power

Joe Canning man of the match in Galway v Limerick
    1pt 5-1 Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

pablo24 wrote: »

I'm a hurling man wth a focus on cork and tipp

But I've been given these to have a look at the weekend, wondering has anyone any insight

Cork Football

St Michaels at 10/11 to beat Na Piarsaigh
    Glenville at EVENS to beat Kinsale

Both boyles

Kerry football

Glenbeigh 1/4
    An Gaeltacht 1/5

Offally hurling

Kinnity at 11/4 v Birr (boyles)

Big price but I've been given good word would love insight?

Tullamore 8/11 (boyles)
    Rynaghs 1/4 (PP)

Thanks lads

Kinnity glenville and Michaels win easy at

11/4, evens and 10/11

Kerry 21s get a good hiding

No so bad at all so far, by word on the remainder lads??

Being an Antrim man I feel we should cover this handicap easily enough. We beat them by 7 points in the league in what was a terrible performance from us.

Only thing is it's a game no team seems want as we play Carlow in the Christy Ring and Armagh play Donegal in the Nicky Rackard 6 days after this game. Armagh have already called for the fixture to be put back to a later date.

Both sides won't be at their strongest and I feel with Antrims greater strength in depth we should run out comfortable winners and cover the handicap.

I also think this will be the last year the Ulster Hurling Championship will be played so hopefully get a decent crowd to Owenbeg.

18 up at half time. Looking good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Very comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

22 point win.

• Advertisement

Nice winner with Antrim winning by 25 points 5-22 v 1-12 covering the -8 handicap easily. We cruised through the game and were able to bring players off to rest them for big game away to Carlow on Saturday.

Looking forward to a much tougher test against Carlow who will be out looking for revenge after we beat them in the league decider. Hopefully the Saffron lads and ride to the occasion and keep our run of good form going

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement