Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Galway +3 against Tipp on Sunday 10/11, can't see this price standing long. Handicap is 2 with a lot of bookies. Tipp and Galway battles always seem to be close the last few years.

I'm expecting another close game and Tipp are missing Callanan who is a massive loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Nice winner with Antrim winning by 25 points 5-22 v 1-12 covering the -8 handicap easily. We cruised through the game and were able to bring players off to rest them for big game away to Carlow on Saturday.

Looking forward to a much tougher test against Carlow who will be out looking for revenge after we beat them in the league decider. Hopefully the Saffron lads and ride to the occasion and keep our run of good form going

A bit off topic but what is this playoff for? Is it for promotion to 1B?

No we beat them in league decider for promotion to Division 1B. Saturday's game is the first round of the Christy Ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No we beat them in league decider for promotion to Division 1B. Saturday's game is the first round of the Christy Ring

Any bookies taking bets on the christy ring?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Haven't seen any prices offered yet. Hopefully see couple of bookies put some betting up closer to Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Dublin Club championship betting is up now.

Raheny v Cuala - Boyles have Raheny at 15/8. PP have Cuala at 9/4. I don't think there is much chance of this match going ahead with so much u21 involvement.

The other one I quite like is Ballyboden at 6/5 vs Plunketts. I don't know a huge amount about the Dub club football, but surely Boden should be the favs here. Plunketts have been rubbish in the championship the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

robbiezero wrote: »
    Dublin Club championship betting is up now.

Raheny v Cuala - Boyles have Raheny at 15/8. PP have Cuala at 9/4. I don't think there is much chance of this match going ahead with so much u21 involvement.

The other one I quite like is Ballyboden at 6/5 vs Plunketts. I don't know a huge amount about the Dub club football, but surely Boden should be the favs here. Plunketts have been rubbish in the championship the last few years.

Will Paul Galvin be playing for Plunketts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Haven't seen any prices offered yet. Hopefully see couple of bookies put some betting up closer to Saturday

Paddy Power have odds up now:
    Carlow 5/6 v Antrim 6/5 Draw 8/1

Surprised they have Carlow as favourites here. Can't see that lasting. I'd expect Antrim to beat us again, especially as they've had a couple of games since the league final in the Ulster SHC.

Stevecw wrote: »
    Paddy Power have odds up now:
    Carlow 5/6 v Antrim 6/5 Draw 8/1

Surprised they have Carlow as favourites here. Can't see that lasting. I'd expect Antrim to beat us again, especially as they've had a couple of games since the league final in the Ulster SHC.
    Carlow being at home probably gives them the slight advantage, Antrim much improved though, I'd expect it to be close.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Carlow being at home probably gives them the slight advantage, Antrim much improved though, I'd expect it to be close.

Home advantage probably impacts on the bookies odds but in reality, there will be about 200 people there and about 80 will be from Antrim. Carlow hurlers never get any support.
    If it was a football championship game between Carlow/Antrim, there would be 1500 or more at it with over 1000 from Carlow.

6/5 for Antrim is huge and i'd get on that while it lasts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

im not a big hurling follower though I have heard a big emphasis with Antrim this year has been on fitness and it is starting to show.

I was alarmed at how they approached the Armagh game (about teaching them a lesson after an Armagh player made some inocuous comment in a paper) which is a far cry from say 10-15 years ago when Antrims subs would brush away Armagh.

That said momentum is with Antrim and they're showing signs of vast improvement compared to a year or so ago, id have them as slight favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Roanmore 2/1 V mt sion on Sunday. Think is a good bet. Sion were V poor last week V fourmilewater and roanmore guaranteed to be up for the game. Was 5/2 earlier but moved now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

KevIRL wrote: »
    Roanmore 2/1 V mt sion on Sunday. Think is a good bet. Sion were V poor last week V fourmilewater and roanmore guaranteed to be up for the game. Was 5/2 earlier but moved now

12/5 in Ladbrokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Derry -12 vs Louth in the Nicky Rackard today. Evens with Hills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭easygoing39

i can only see 1 bet available on Will Hill's for the Nicky Rackard and its just match betting,Louth 10/1 Draw 33/1 Derry 1/33.
    No handicapp market there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

i can only see 1 bet available on Will Hill's for the Nicky Rackard and its just match betting,Louth 10/1 Draw 33/1 Derry 1/33.
    No handicapp market there now.

Ya. They have suspended betting on it. Might be a hint in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Derry -12 vs Louth in the Nicky Rackard today. Evens with Hills.

No dice :o

Stevecw wrote: »
    Home advantage probably impacts on the bookies odds but in reality, there will be about 200 people there and about 80 will be from Antrim. Carlow hurlers never get any support.
    If it was a football championship game between Carlow/Antrim, there would be 1500 or more at it with over 1000 from Carlow.

6/5 for Antrim is huge and i'd get on that while it lasts

Finished a draw with antrim winning in extra time, balls :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Jennings picks for today

Recommendations

Galway-Galway double result
    1pt 9-2 Ladbrokes, bet365

Joe Canning Man of the Match
    1pt 11-1 BoyleSports

Under 42.5 total points in Galway v Tipperary
    1pt 11-4 bet365

No Tipperary goal
    1pt 4-1 general

Already Advised (February 11)
    Galway to win Division 1
    1pt 7-1 bet365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Finished a draw with antrim winning in extra time, balls :(

I'll second that.

Wouldn't mind, looked at the phone and saw the headline that Antrim had beaten Carlow, clapped myself on the back, only found out this morning that it was after extra time. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

St Finbarrs second team to beat beat ballydesmond today at 7/4 with Boylesports, on at 3 o clock.

I'd be very keen on this, they've a lot of hurlers who aren't after commiting to their senior football squad who have cork minor and under 21 experience.

7/4 is huge.

pablo24 wrote: »
    St Finbarrs second team to beat beat ballydesmond today at 7/4 with Boylesports, on at 3 o clock.

I'd be very keen on this, they've a lot of hurlers who aren't after commiting to their senior football squad who have cork minor and under 21 experience.

7/4 is huge.

Winning 2-15 to 4, I'll claim this as a winner anyway..

pablo24 wrote: »

7/4 is huge.

Winning 2-15 to 4, I'll claim this as a winner anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Well done Pablo, good info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Jennings picks for today

Recommendations

Galway-Galway double result
    1pt 9-2 Ladbrokes, bet365

Joe Canning Man of the Match
    1pt 11-1 BoyleSports

Under 42.5 total points in Galway v Tipperary
    1pt 11-4 bet365

No Tipperary goal
    1pt 4-1 general

Already Advised (February 11)
    Galway to win Division 1
    1pt 7-1 bet365

Impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Updated odds for hurling All Ireland

Tipp 13/8
    Galway 7/2
    Kilkenny 4/1
    Waterford 13/2
    Clare 9/1
    Limerick 16/1
    Cork 20/1
    Wexford 25/1
    Dublin 33/1
    Rest 500/1

No great value there, maybe Tipp 13/8 is a bit of an overreaction yesterday because I can only see them losing to Galway or Kilkenny.

David Burke is 16/1 for hurler of the year and Joe Canning 10/1. If Galway reach the final I reckon one of these will get it. John McGrath at 12/1 looks decent value too. Lee Chin at 40/1 might be good value, Wexford wouldn't need to win an All Ireland to get a player of the year. There'll be big media focus on all Wexford games because of Davy, and Chin is a well known player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Django99 wrote: »
    Updated odds for hurling All Ireland

Tipp 13/8
    Galway 7/2
    Kilkenny 4/1
    Waterford 13/2
    Clare 9/1
    Limerick 16/1
    Cork 20/1
    Wexford 25/1
    Dublin 33/1
    Rest 500/1

No great value there, maybe Tipp 13/8 is a bit of an overreaction yesterday because I can only see them losing to Galway or Kilkenny.

David Burke is 16/1 for hurler of the year and Joe Canning 10/1. If Galway reach the final I reckon one of these will get it. John McGrath at 12/1 looks decent value too. Lee Chin at 40/1 might be good value, Wexford wouldn't need to win an All Ireland to get a player of the year. There'll be big media focus on all Wexford games because of Davy, and Chin is a well known player.

Galway were 6/1 on 365 at around 8pm last night and 15/8 for Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Galway were 6/1 on 365 at around 8pm last night and 15/8 for Leinster.

Still available at 9/2 for the AI and you can get 7/4 for Leinster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Galway great value at 9/2

• Advertisement

Galway +3 against Tipp on Sunday 10/11, can't see this price standing long. Handicap is 2 with a lot of bookies. Tipp and Galway battles always seem to be close the last few years.

I'm expecting another close game and Tipp are missing Callanan who is a massive loss.
    Well this turned out to be an easy winner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement