Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Anybody backing Cork ladies?I know Donegal beat them last year and will be a tough test in league final?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

pablo24 wrote: »
    Avondhu 1/10
    Douglas 1/10
    St Brendan's 3/10
    O loughlin Gaels 1/4
    Strokestown 1/4
    Carlow 2/5

There are two stupid prices in there in Douglas and avondhu and I normally wouldn't touch anything over 1/5 for a gaa accum but those 2 together make it and I can't stress enough that those 2 coupled should be 1/500 not 1/5

So in total that accum ends up at 5/2 so hopefully we can follow up from last weekends success.

As for singles

Newcestown at 11/8
    Muskerry at 21/10

Both well worth a go. Bandon going poor and depleted 21/10 looks big on muskerry even taking the chance in them being a division against a club.

Will post any more info I get, I like the 5/2 shot this week.

May aswell add ucc to that 5/2 accum, best price 1/2 at the moment, not sure does that fit in with the bookies providing the 5/2 but if so makes it over 4/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Few quid for London in the hurling.
    Handicaps in the different bookies are interesting.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Ballyporeen 5/6 , Bally are a Football Club with games played in the League and a lot of Friendlies played lately while Upperchurch concentrate mainly on the hurley bat and will have very little Football played this year . Also throw in Moyle Rovers 8/15 for the Double , plenty of County players including Liam Boland who kicked 4-5 points this evening in a friendly for Tipp v Galway !

Bally down 4 points after 5 minutes but rallied and pulled well ahead with 10 to go . The Church finished strong and got to within a point :P , but Bally held on :D !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    In Kerry, St Brendans should be comfortable over Shannon Rangers this weekend at 4/7.

Won by 31.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bally down 4 points after 5 minutes but rallied and pulled well ahead with 10 to go . The Church finished strong and got to within a point :P , but Bally held on :D !

Good stuff

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Ballyporeen 5/6 , Bally are a Football Club with games played in the League and a lot of Friendlies played lately while Upperchurch concentrate mainly on the hurley bat and will have very little Football played this year . Also throw in Moyle Rovers 8/15 for the Double , plenty of County players including Liam Boland who kicked 4-5 points this evening in a friendly for Tipp v Galway !

Good call pal

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

In Kerry, St Brendans should be comfortable over Shannon Rangers this weekend at 4/7.

Won by 31.
    Great call mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Anything standing out today lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Avondhu 1/10
    Douglas 1/10
    St Brendan's 3/10
    O loughlin Gaels 1/4
    Strokestown 1/4
    Carlow 2/5

There are two stupid prices in there in Douglas and avondhu and I normally wouldn't touch anything over 1/5 for a gaa accum but those 2 together make it and I can't stress enough that those 2 coupled should be 1/500 not 1/5

So in total that accum ends up at 5/2 so hopefully we can follow up from last weekends success.

As for singles

Newcestown at 11/8
    Muskerry at 21/10

Both well worth a go. Bandon going poor and depleted 21/10 looks big on muskerry even taking the chance in them being a division against a club.

Avondhu down 8 points at half time.....
    Avondhu lose by 12 .... how did that happen??

• Advertisement

Avondhu 1/10
    Douglas 1/10
    St Brendan's 3/10
    O loughlin Gaels 1/4
    Strokestown 1/4
    Carlow 2/5

As for singles

Newcestown at 11/8
    Muskerry at 21/10

Douglas lose by two aswell

accumulators crack me up, if you want bit fun fine, but if your serious to make few quid, you got play the value in singles, plenty good bets being offered here but its certainly not backing 1/10 shots that are 1/8 shots

manafana wrote: »
    accumulators crack me up, if you want bit fun fine, but if your serious to make few quid, you got play the value in singles, plenty good bets being offered here but its certainly not backing 1/10 shots that are 1/8 shots

on side note how did the two odds against singles go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

hupskip wrote: »
    Avondhu down 8 points at half time.....
    Avondhu lose by 12 .... how did that happen??
    Douglas lose by two aswell

Great contribution.

Great contribution.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thanks

Might be an idea to put up some of your picks.......

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Might be an idea to put up some of your picks.......
    Why?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Why?

Instead of picking out flaws, after the event, in other posters picks.

I wasn't picking out flaws, I have given tips which didn't come off in the past. I was just wondering how a team that were 1/10 ended up losing so heavily.

Just shows the unpredictability of club matches.

posted tips 9 months, so we'd be glad have him back n discuss more picks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I wasn't picking out flaws, I have given tips which didn't come off in the past. I was just wondering how a team that were 1/10 ended up losing so heavily.

Just shows the unpredictability of club matches.

But that's not very different to aftertiming.

Nothing wrong with saying you think 1/10 is a poor price because x,y, z before a game but after just looks like schadenfreude regardless of the inten

Just after seeing on the Red Fm Twitter feed that at one stage an Avondhu player went off injured and they had nobody to replace him, and this was the first half. No wonder they didn't win.
    Divisional teams can be very hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

This is good advice.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Moyle Rovers 13 up midway through the Second half !

Ya moyle rovers and ballyporeen were great picks in fairness

The only trouble is you need to bet more on singles to get any kind of profit.One accumulator coming off can give a very sizeable profit, hard to pull off a big accumulator I'll admit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Johngoose wrote: »
    The only trouble is you need to bet more on singles to get any kind of profit.One accumulator coming off can give a very sizeable profit, hard to pull off a big accumulator I'll admit

Well that's true but essentially just means betting on singles is not a get-rich-quick scheme, which it isn't.

It's more likely to be a 'make money over time' operation however than the slow bleed of mad accumulators where we add various '1/10 shots that should be 1/8 shots' as mentioned in some hope of creating a better price.

Ironically the bookies are absolutely creaming themselves when we do this because they are really not getting that much of an edge on us even when pick a single at a bad price, but when we accumulate them we are multiplying their edge for them. This is why you will basically never see your account get limited while you are rolling with accumulators.

Incidentally the multiplying edge thing can work in our favour as well, but only when we are able to confidently accumulate good priced singles (i.e. singles with an edge in our favour).

Adding in short priced favourites willy-nilly to beef up the price is the ultimate mug's move.

Keanes post above, could not be more accurate, superbly summarised viewpoint on what betting should be. Ignore the returns and focus on your edge. 
    My best example would be, fancy value on two teams lets see A at evens and B at evens (I think both should be 4/6 or so). The if I can find both at evens in same book and double then thats fine.
    The key point to been negative on accum's is when non value (or edge) bets get mixed in negating any edge I had.

Keanes post above, could not be more accurate, superbly summarised viewpoint on what betting should be. Ignore the returns and focus on your edge. 
    My best example would be, fancy value on two teams lets see A at evens and B at evens (I think both should be 4/6 or so). The if I can find both at evens in same book and double then thats fine.
    The key point to been negative on accum's is when non value (or edge) bets get mixed in negating any edge I had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Re the above : Any fella posting in picks which are 1/10 but "cannot stress enough how they should be 1/500" deserves a bit of stick. Add to that the two picks "which should be 1/500" dont win but lose fairly soundly. I dont back the picks in here but would read from time to time, think its fair to say that fellas were shown up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement